VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited January 2023

@shallow said:
    Any ETA in months as to when the pending flash sales are going to be provisioned? Funny at first, now just seems like a clown op.

Patient is always the important key here.
    You'll get it eventually sone times later.

Mod edit- Attack the subject, not the people here.

• @FrankZ said:

@cybertech said:

@FrankZ said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Just finished LET NextBytes threads, holy moly.

Well, VirmAch is also one man biz I presume?

If the old fart went deadpool, would my chicken as well?

VirMach is not one man show.

its one man plus a developer show

Maybe two developers, plus a Chinese speaking customer service rep, some undisclosed new guy, an office, and a phone line.
    Maybe.

Two offices for now actually

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @alexxgg said: Issues fixed on TPAZ003

Thank you for the notice

• @FrankZ said: Maybe two developers, plus a Chinese speaking customer service rep, some undisclosed new guy, an office, and a PAID phone line.

There, fixed.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @alexxgg said:

@localhost said: Hmmm. Will wait n watch
    @jam said: Ticket system does not let me ask again in the same ticket, so I ask here

Issues fixed on TPAZ003

OMG. The vps is actually showing online... thanks for the tag.

• skorousskorous OG
    edited January 2023

@Fritz said:

Mod edit- I know I was a little late on this one but again let's not comment on each other anymore.

• Product/Service Pricing Next Due Date Status
    ThirstyPlain-VM $22.99 USD Annually 12/27/2023 Pending

• @FrankZ said:
    Maybe two developers, plus a Chinese speaking customer service rep, some undisclosed new guy, an office, and a phone line.
    Maybe.

What about all of us paid fanboys that all the TOS breakers / butthurt people claim? (Though my paycheck seems to have really bad problems making it to my bank, I seem to always be giving them money and never getting any. Weird).

• edited January 2023

Two pending services have come online. Two more to go!

Renewal date is 1 year from today.

They seem to be being created in purchase order as far as I can tell.

Well looks like things are moving along.

Thanked by (2)someTom FrankZ
  • @nutjob said: Renewal date is 1 year from today.

One of mine got activated, but the renewal date is not adjusted.

• @Hakim said:

@nutjob said: Renewal date is 1 year from today.

One of mine got activated, but the renewal date is not adjusted.

Check the date on the client area, not the one in the email. One of mine from 12/27th got provisioned two hours ago too. The email had that date there while the control panel has 2024 there.

• @DanSummer said: Check the date on the client area, not the one in the email.

What made you think I didn't? Even I didn't open the VirMach email as I have to reinstall OS anyway.
    Mine is from 01/04/2023. Billing date really doesn't matter as I am going to idle the VPS anyway & the VPS price is not that much.

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • @VirMach
    Please propagate the ISO options in both Client Area and SolusVM, for DALZ008. It's lacking quite a few that are available elsewhere, for example netboot.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @VirMach
    Please propagate the ISO options in both Client Area and SolusVM, for DALZ008. It's lacking quite a few that are available elsewhere, for example netboot.

Netboot.xyz is in the Client Area ISO choices on my DALZ008 VPS and there are also 24 other ISO choices. In SolusVM there is no netboot option for me, just Alpine and 4 other ISOs.

Don't know why it would be different from one user to the next on the same node but am sure they will get it worked out eventually

• edited January 2023

@JDMcPea said:

Netboot.xyz is in the Client Area ISO choices on my DALZ008 VPS and there are also 24 other ISO choices.

Aye, that's what I've seen elsewhere but I only have 4 in Client Area and 6 in SolusVM.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• 3 of my pending ones got activated in the last few hours. 1 had the renewal date changed and 2 didn't. I wonder if maybe it's based on the price? The 2 that didn't have the date changed was $5 and $6. My Tokyo $0.25 one didn't have the renewal date changed either. But my $16.83 one did have the date changed. I also had another one a couple weeks ago that had the date changed too but I forgot which one it was.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@soulchief said:
    3 of my pending ones got activated in the last few hours. 1 had the renewal date changed and 2 didn't. I wonder if maybe it's based on the price? The 2 that didn't have the date changed was $5 and $6. My Tokyo $0.25 one didn't have the renewal date changed either. But my $16.83 one did have the date changed. I also had another one a couple weeks ago that had the date changed too but I forgot which one it was.

would have to blame it on the developer

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Damn it, I finally got my VirMach coal in the stockings as I got Cancellation for both my cutesy ones from the last day - both the 2.22 and the 6.66 one.
    Complain Moan Whine

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited January 2023

@erk said:
    Damn it, I finally got my VirMach coal in the stockings as I got Cancellation for both my cutesy ones from the last day - both the 2.22 and the 6.66 one.
    Complain Moan Whine

Looks like so many people got flagged multi-account since the last time I checked, some of these got activated since I already cleaned through the orders a couple weeks ago. Refunding/cancelling rest that I go through.

Also cancelling and refunding orders for accounts marked as problematic in one way or another for extremely low priced plans. Sorry but mostly not sorry, if there's an indication of past behavior like making excessive tickets, or tickets asking for order updates, or whatever else then I think it's fair to say we don't want to sell you like a $5 a year plan. Anyway, that was only like 7 people. I let it go through if they paid in crypto since that can't be refunded to payment method.

Due dates are all being adjusted for these, if it doesn't get updated it either means I missed it or I'm falling behind on manually verifying each of them. They will all have problems logging into SolusVM right now using the control panel button, that'll get fixed in bulk.

(edit) And I don't regret it at all, one out of the 6 people left marked problematic literally charged back his payment too so the refund isn't even going through.

• @VirMach said:
    Okay we got really lucky today, servers decided to cooperate. Or maybe my brain's working better today but either way, everything outside of the two nodes that have been dead for a very long time, everything's back up in a functional state. We still need to go through them thoroughly one by one and diagnose the list of problems and exact causes to prevent them from all crashing like that again. I do believe it was closely related to the number of VMs being generated for the flash sale and the accompanying simultaneous benchmarking that may have had a big part in these nodes crashing. That does mean there's an underlying problem but it also means they should be relatively stable in any case now and we have a comprehensive list of servers to look into now. Good news is we're back on track.

Other good news: tickets in backlog have been slashed in half.

I think that should be a huge indication that posting a simple sale had zero negative effect on our ability to get things done. I've maybe had to spend 10 minutes total approving some manual reviews for it and if anything the sale actually helped point out some disk issues sooner since all the priority tickets related to the sale were VMs not creating properly which made us immediately look into those nodes, whereas our alert system would have fired off a few hours later.

Pending flash deals are still being worked on by developer, he ran into some problems. To be very clear the code just decided to fully break, including creations, without any modifications so it's not exactly an easy to locate bug but hopefully we should have those completed soon as well.

WHEN IS IPV6 READY ???

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • erkerk
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    Looks like so many people got flagged multi-account since the last time I checked, some of these got activated since I already cleaned through the orders a couple weeks ago. Refunding/cancelling rest that I go through.

>

Is there any way to appeal "multi-account flagging' without unduly adding to your ticket burden?

It's a bummer feeling like I'm missing out on the fun&games of these 'special' offerings with their own tradeoffs.

Would paying the $15 "Premium support" with evidence that I am not such a bad boy be the way to go?
    Maybe I can suggest , before the next flash sale, some way to buy back eligibility?

• edited January 2023

All 3 of my newly activated VPS's have been setup, added to my uptime monitor and now successfully idling!

Oh and the $5 one just had the date changed.

Edit: $7.47 just got activated, virmach must be trying to get all these pending ones done today.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@soulchief said:
    All 3 of my newly activated VPS's have been setup, added to my uptime monitor and now successfully idling!

Oh and the $5 one just had the date changed.

Edit: $7.47 just got activated, virmach must be trying to get all these pending ones done today.

oh yeah mine too

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Flash sale deployed thanks.

Thanked by (2)ehab FrankZ
  • @Hakim said:

@DanSummer said: Check the date on the client area, not the one in the email.

What made you think I didn't? Even I didn't open the VirMach email as I have to reinstall OS anyway.

forget I said anything.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

Thanks for 5$ activation. For me only devilish one in nyc left and i will be complete :) No rush ofc :)
    EDIT : And just got activated. Thank you :)

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• VIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRMACH

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @Daevien said:

@FrankZ said:
    Maybe.

What about all of us paid fanboys that all the TOS breakers / butthurt people claim? (Though my paycheck seems to have really bad problems making it to my bank, I seem to always be giving them money and never getting any. Weird).

• Ok, I feel smited by @VirMach
    I had a strange spike of bandwidth - https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/122652#Comment_122652 which led to the VPS being suspended for overbandwidth.

So I was waiting for End Of Month to try to figure out what had gone wrong.

Checking it now, I see it was "Suspended" for "Network Abuse" instead of offering the option to buy more bandwidth, or recovering at end of month.

Is it worth appealing and groveling, or have the gods frowned on me once too many?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@erk said:
    Ok, I feel smited by @VirMach
    I had a strange spike of bandwidth - https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/122652#Comment_122652 which led to the VPS being suspended for overbandwidth.

So I was waiting for End Of Month to try to figure out what had gone wrong.

Checking it now, I see it was "Suspended" for "Network Abuse" instead of offering the option to buy more bandwidth, or recovering at end of month.

Is it worth appealing and groveling, or have the gods frowned on me once too many?

We do manual reviews of traffic patterns, it most likely means it matches same signature as a denial of service attack outbound, also explains why you had a "strange spike" it means you were most likely compromised and part of a botnet.

Low chance of unsuspension on this one, at the very least you'd have the suspension fee assessed before you can appeal it. Resulted in large bandwidth overages for us. Obviously we won't charge you for that, but there's no point in appealing it and paying the fee to appeal and have it rejected if you provide your password and its "123456." If you did have a secure password or SSH key set, then higher likelihood of it being successful.

You did say you had multiple accounts or something though, right? That'd take your chance of appeal to 0.

Note: tiny chance that you weren't involved in that and it's some other type of network abuse. But like 99% chance it was part of that botnet.

@erk said:

@VirMach said:

>

Is there any way to appeal "multi-account flagging' without unduly adding to your ticket burden?

It's a bummer feeling like I'm missing out on the fun&games of these 'special' offerings with their own tradeoffs.

Would paying the $15 "Premium support" with evidence that I am not such a bad boy be the way to go?
    Maybe I can suggest , before the next flash sale, some way to buy back eligibility?

Okay yeah you did.

So for all the problematic and multi-accounts I haven't decided how we're going to proceed. Default will be our terms of service, I just mean anything less drastic at our discretion, but it could go many different ways at this point.

I wanted to possibly introduce option to purchase a support level (base level, $5/mo) for all accounts as a way to get support and have them merged, but we've been getting a bunch of disputes. So it'd have to be paid via cryptocurrency, and then once they're merged you can maintain one subscription and we code in an override to restore functionality while keeping the account flagged in the background, as long as support subscription is maintained, we continue to more or less provide that level of support and continue selling those people services.

Another option is to ignore them, ignore any appeals/processing, let them continue the remainder of their term with ultra limited support.

Otherwise default is suspension/closure, $25 administration fees, per our terms of service, if we want to go that route, and the more these multi-account people continue escalating things by disregarding everything, disputing, spamming tickets, the more inclined I am to just do that.

Anyway, we'll see.