VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited January 2023

@taoqi
    Stay away from VirMach. Try Cloudcone or *****(purple fat man), they both provide fast tickets support, allow multiple accounts, and can pushing VPS to other accounts very quickly.
    Cheap price is not the most important thing, tickets support is also very important.

Mod Edit: You can't promote that provider here.

• @Shakespeare said:
    because it is too difficult to turn the page of one account

Can you elaborate more about this difficult?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @nutjob said:
    What is a person thinking when they have 26 services with VirMach and open a dispute for $11 (or any amount)?

This Chinese does not know English and the mechanism of Paypal, which is a common behavior in MJJs.

Thanked by (1)noisycode
  • edited January 2023

we need to vi sit vir mach

hey @root i was looking for something and saw this so --- good day to you sir

Thanked by (1)lemoncube
  • Wow! My Tokyo $2.22 is ready!!

• Mod Edit: You can't promote that provider here.

Cloudcone is ok, but *** is not ok ?
    Why?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: I am not talking about this particular case but opening case with paypal is not the same as escalating dispute to the claim. Some sellers actually prefer to deal with refunds that way ("open case and we will accept it") instead of going through transactions to refund it.
    Things usually get nasty if both parties can't find agreement or seller does not respond and case get escalated to the claim. Before this seller have all the chances to communicate via paypal with buyer or just click refund button.

It's always better to solve issue with seller directly, obviously, but sometimes this just isn't possible, they ignore you or something.

PayPal seems to have quietly changed this to rake in money. It used to be that there was a dispute to claim process, and then an actual payment dispute option, where you generally go through your card company and not PayPal where they didn't used to charge the chargeback fee. Now it seems like they do default $30 for all of it (if not more for actual chargebacks, I haven't actually checked.)

So if there was ever a time where sellers preferred to deal with it that way, I doubt they will prefer it now since it's dicey.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired
    edited January 2023

@abiaolaoge said:

Why?

One word ColonCleansing we do not allow liars,cheats,thieves and general dickheads around these parts partner.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@cybertech said:

@Shakespeare said:
    I am an old customer, flash sale I bought a lot of vps this year, because it is too difficult to turn the page of one account, so just registered a few new accounts, then yesterday you all remember it for me, , it is suspended @VirMach

so, old customer finally get caught?

He has a bunch of accounts and decided to dispute like four payments if not more, I think most of them were just very much the MJJ dispute types where they immediately open one if the flash sale isn't auto activated but maybe not, there's a small chance it wasn't the case, I just don't categorize them based on level of tomfoolery.

He probably thought he was being super slick with it since he didn't have problems until now, but of course the moment you open up a bunch of disputes all the accounts will get flagged down and flagged for closure.

• @VirMach
    First order $8.88USD charged and service was pending 20 days (Invoice #1524871). Yesterday it was refunded without reason.
    Second order $6.66USD is missing in services and no invoice was given. (but amount was charged from my card and still in hold).

What is going on? I patiently waited for the solution of your problems, but instead of providing me with a working service, my money was gone, the service was not provided.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@abiaolaoge said:

Why?

One of the big reasons this forum was started by Anthony was due to the scams that were being run out of colo crossing including Alpha Racks. The below rule was made by him because of this.

Please do not post any offers for services based out of a colo-crossing location

Cloudcone operates out of Multacom LA DC only, not colo-crossing.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@abiaolaoge said:

Why?

One of the big reasons this forum was started by Anthony was due to the scams that were being run out of colo crossing including Alpha Racks. The below rule was made by him because of this.

Please do not post any offers for services based out of a colo-crossing location

Cloudcone operates out of Multacom LA DC only, not colo-crossing.

Thank you FrankZ, you are a nice guy.

edited January 2023

@satan said:
    @VirMach
    First order $8.88USD charged and service was pending 20 days (Invoice #1524871). Yesterday it was refunded without reason.
    Second order $6.66USD is missing in services and no invoice was given. (but amount was charged from my card and still in hold).

What is going on? I patiently waited for the solution of your problems, but instead of providing me with a working service, my money was gone, the service was not provided.

Ticket without checking network status page, another one, another one. Then two tickets about the $6.66. It doesn't count as "patiently waited" if you open a ticket about it. You also replied to an automatic ticket generated that says "please do not reply to this ticket if you have already made a payment." So you were marked accordingly, and we didn't process the activation. For the $6.66 missing you said you were billed for it but in the two tickets created you didn't mention a transaction ID/payment reference number so we wouldn't be able to assist you.

Make a third/fourth ticket for it but this time include the details so we can process the refund.

• @VirMach said:

@satan said:
    @VirMach

Ticket without checking network status page, another one, another one. Then two tickets about the $6.66. It doesn't count as "patiently waited" if you open a ticket about it. You also replied to an automatic ticket generated that says "please do not reply to this ticket if you have already made a payment." So you were marked accordingly, and we didn't process the activation. For the $6.66 missing you said you were billed for it but in the two tickets created you didn't mention a transaction ID/payment reference number so we wouldn't be able to assist you.

Make a third/fourth ticket for it but this time include the details so we can process the refund.

I checked network status page, no information was given about situation with flash sale orders. So i created a ticket to bill department, waited few days, no response was given. Created another to sales department, and after few days my (two) tickets was closed without answer. After that I began to read the forums and only on the forums I saw your messages that you have problems and services will be provided a little later. If I saw this announcement in the "network status", I would not create a ticket. If you answered me at least something, there would be no problems. You are doing the wrong thing to your customers. Simple silence, no feedback, silently cancel orders, while not giving an answer, what happens to the debited funds (for which there is not even an invoice).
    I think this is wrong.
    Now you can correct the situation, do the right thing. Or lose your reputation.

edited January 2023

@satan said:
    I checked network status page, no information was given about situation with flash sale orders. So i created a ticket to bill department, waited few days, no response was given. Created another to sales department, and after few days my (two) tickets was closed without answer. After that I began to read the forums and only on the forums I saw your messages that you have problems and services will be provided a little later. If I saw this announcement in the "network status", I would not create a ticket. If you answered me at least something, there would be no problems. You are doing the wrong thing to your customers. Simple silence, no feedback, silently cancel orders, while not giving an answer, what happens to the debited funds (for which there is not even an invoice).
    I think this is wrong.
    Now you can correct the situation, do the right thing. Or lose your reputation.

Feel free to cancel all your services with us if you believe our behavior is wrong. We're not obligated to sell you a service, you were refunded. If you did also pay the $6.66 for the missing order, make sure to create one billing ticket and provide information so we can locate and refund that as well.

• what a time to live in. satan is being denied his $6.66 VPS order

• edited January 2023

$6.66 provided

Praise Virmach
    Our loved and hated old fart

Yo can we get rid of Alibaba's 47.87.0.0/16 IP block

smartass shitposting satirist

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:

$6.66 provided

Praise Virmach
    Our loved and hated old fart

Yo can we get rid of Alibaba's 47.87.0.0/16 IP block

why. alibaba is the best

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    just realized i collected 4 powerful enough vps to start using one for production and rest to swap in case main goes down. how would you do it?

https://www.tecmint.com/setup-high-availability-clustering-in-centos-ubuntu/

• edited January 2023

@tetech said: Do you mean bannable?

Neither versions showed up as correctly spelt. ;) (I did originally have a double 'n' but damn FF flagged it and I was tired!)

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

@Mumbly said: I am not talking about this particular case but opening case with paypal is not the same as escalating dispute to the claim. Some sellers actually prefer to deal with refunds that way ("open case and we will accept it") instead of going through transactions to refund it.
    Things usually get nasty if both parties can't find agreement or seller does not respond and case get escalated to the claim. Before this seller have all the chances to communicate via paypal with buyer or just click refund button.

It's always better to solve issue with seller directly, obviously, but sometimes this just isn't possible, they ignore you or something.

PayPal seems to have quietly changed this to rake in money. It used to be that there was a dispute to claim process, and then an actual payment dispute option, where you generally go through your card company and not PayPal where they didn't used to charge the chargeback fee. Now it seems like they do default $30 for all of it (if not more for actual chargebacks, I haven't actually checked.)

So if there was ever a time where sellers preferred to deal with it that way, I doubt they will prefer it now since it's dicey.

So now paypal penalize seller even if client just open case without escalating it to a claim? Are you sure that it's not simple credit card (used for payment via paypal) chargeback? Those are the worst and cost seller the most ...
    If paypal really penalize seller for every opened case, which sound strange to me, that's really really bad.

Usually it was something like that (random example).

1. Buyer opened case with paypal and both parties got an option communicate and possibly solve issue via paypal without paypal intervention. Seller can refund buyer.

Your message was sent to [seller]

We're sorry you didn't receive your order.

Your message regarding the purchase you made on 5 October 2020 for xxx.xx USD has been sent. You need to allow time for the seller to respond.

If you can’t resolve this issue, you can escalate it to a claim before 4 February 2021. When you escalate a case to a claim, PayPal will decide the outcome, usually within 30 days.
    If you take no action, the case will automatically close. After a case closes, it cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.

1. Buyer ignored or unsatisfied with offered solution by seller escalate it to claim

You have escalated this problem to a claim so we will contact your seller for more information. [seller] has until 25 January 2021 to respond to PayPal. Most claims are resolved within 30 days, but some may take longer.

We may need to contact you for more information during our review process. If we do, please respond within the requested timeframe. Otherwise the case may be closed and decided in the seller's favor.

• @tototo said:
    Wow! My Tokyo $2.22 is ready!!

@VirMach I’m thinking of opening a ticket and paying the downgrade fee to get rid of one of the two IP addresses. Will this cause trouble for you or the billing system?

• @tototo said: ..paying the downgrade fee to get rid of one of the two IP addresses.

He crazy! :confounded:

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Pending servers coming online now...

Thanked by (2)ehab ariq01
    edited January 2023

praise the developer™

Thanked by (3)someTom tototo sh97

• can I ask, if does flash sale will cancel the invoices if not pay within the limit time, like 15 minutes?
    I am wondering do I have enough time to pay invoices with crypto since it needs time.

edited January 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo can we get rid of Alibaba's 47.87.0.0/16 IP block

Can anyone provide some logical information on why some people don't like it? I asked for feedback beforehand as I figured there would be some mixed feelings about it, before we moved forward, and no one chimed in.

So far it all seems to be because people somehow believe we are literally reselling from Alicloud's infrastructure which makes no sense on several levels. And previous we had a Cogent block, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with Cogent. They just have excess allocations, and sell in bulk to other provider who sells it to providers like us.

Am I unaware of some magic technology where if some company you don't like owns the block through ARIN, it acts differently?

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:

@erk said:
    Ok, I feel smited by @VirMach
    I had a strange spike of bandwidth - https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/122652#Comment_122652 which led to the VPS being suspended for overbandwidth.

So I was waiting for End Of Month to try to figure out what had gone wrong.

Checking it now, I see it was "Suspended" for "Network Abuse" instead of offering the option to buy more bandwidth, or recovering at end of month.

Is it worth appealing and groveling, or have the gods frowned on me once too many?

We do manual reviews of traffic patterns, it most likely means it matches same signature as a denial of service attack outbound, also explains why you had a "strange spike" it means you were most likely compromised and part of a botnet.

Low chance of unsuspension on this one, at the very least you'd have the suspension fee assessed before you can appeal it. Resulted in large bandwidth overages for us. Obviously we won't charge you for that, but there's no point in appealing it and paying the fee to appeal and have it rejected if you provide your password and its "123456." If you did have a secure password or SSH key set, then higher likelihood of it being successful.

You did say you had multiple accounts or something though, right? That'd take your chance of appeal to 0.

Note: tiny chance that you weren't involved in that and it's some other type of network abuse. But like 99% chance it was part of that botnet.

@erk said:

@VirMach said:
    Looks like so many people got flagged multi-account since the last time I checked, some of these got activated since I already cleaned through the orders a couple weeks ago. Refunding/cancelling rest that I go through.

>

Is there any way to appeal "multi-account flagging' without unduly adding to your ticket burden?

It's a bummer feeling like I'm missing out on the fun&games of these 'special' offerings with their own tradeoffs.

Would paying the $15 "Premium support" with evidence that I am not such a bad boy be the way to go?
    Maybe I can suggest , before the next flash sale, some way to buy back eligibility?

Okay yeah you did.

So for all the problematic and multi-accounts I haven't decided how we're going to proceed. Default will be our terms of service, I just mean anything less drastic at our discretion, but it could go many different ways at this point.

I wanted to possibly introduce option to purchase a support level (base level, $5/mo) for all accounts as a way to get support and have them merged, but we've been getting a bunch of disputes. So it'd have to be paid via cryptocurrency, and then once they're merged you can maintain one subscription and we code in an override to restore functionality while keeping the account flagged in the background, as long as support subscription is maintained, we continue to more or less provide that level of support and continue selling those people services.

Another option is to ignore them, ignore any appeals/processing, let them continue the remainder of their term with ultra limited support.

Otherwise default is suspension/closure, $25 administration fees, per our terms of service, if we want to go that route, and the more these multi-account people continue escalating things by disregarding everything, disputing, spamming tickets, the more inclined I am to just do that.

Anyway, we'll see.

Hello @VirMach ,
    Should I create a paid support ticket to request to merge account or upgrade account to lift the restriction?
    I am worried that if a new ticket is created, it will be automatically closed by the system due to account flagged. :'(

I don't know what caused account to be flagged....it may be because (maybe this is the cause)reflecting about part of BF special offers is stuck in the distribution (Related services are refunded to account balance, the remaining newly purchased services have all been received and are in use).

This kind of incident has never happened before, and the account has been used well for several years and will continue to be used.

Thanks.

• @VirMach said:
    Am I unaware of some magic technology where if some company you don't like owns the block through ARIN, it acts differently?

Nope, just a victim of MJJ weirdness and Flying Troll's trolling.

Thanked by (2)nutjob FrankZ

@VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo can we get rid of Alibaba's 47.87.0.0/16 IP block

Can anyone provide some logical information on why some people don't like it? I asked for feedback beforehand as I figured there would be some mixed feelings about it, before we moved forward, and no one chimed in.

So far it all seems to be because people somehow believe we are literally reselling from Alicloud's infrastructure which makes no sense on several levels. And previous we had a Cogent block, it doesn't mean it has anything to do with Cogent. They just have excess allocations, and sell in bulk to other provider who sells it to providers like us.

might be Chinese are afraid of any motherland affiliation when it comes to cloud services.