VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• JabJab
    edited March 2023

Oh, good idea, let's try that same day response new click a lot of buttons feature!

I guess I select all 3? :D

bruh.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly ehab

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

i would like to see a button for

• Oh boi @VirMach you need to increase z-index on the submit button... you troll. This needs z-index: 2 at least.

<div id="autoAnswerSuggestions" class="w-hidden" style="display: block;"><div id="popup1" class="overlay" style="position: absolute; z-index : 1;">
    <div class="popup">
    <h3>Knowledgebase Suggestions</h3>

CHECK THIS ONE SIMPLE TRICK THAT VIRMACH USES TO DIG OUT OF THE TICKETS PILE.
    https://streamable.com/b6kzgw

Thanked by (3)erk Brueggus Wonder_Woman

• @skorous said:

@msatt said:

Customer's Service cannot use more than 50% of the monthly allocated bandwidth in under fourteen (14) days, or more than 10% of the monthly allocated bandwidth in under twenty-four (24) hours.

If you are a new 'storage' customer this could be a problem when populating the VM ?

Might be an issue with some of the tiny plans too. Have to look but I think I have an old instance with only 250GB bandwidth.

Does anyone know a way to configure tthe 10%/24 limit in nginx or with Linux traffic shaping?

10% of 1024GB would be 100GB - assume a 1GB file exists, that'd only take 100 requests.
    Even reducing max transfer speed to 5MB/s, 100GB is still doable in ~6 hours.

I suppose a script that checks for close to the limit in daily transfers and changes nginx to block the site with a low-bandwidth error-page would be the way to go?

• anyone else having problems with FFME004 ?

• @cold said:
    anyone else having problems with FFME004 ?

Down foe me. But status page says all is good.

• @cold said:

Yep, down for me too

• FFME004 is down.

• please, please help, I can't enter the member panel @VirMach because it's blocked by 2FA, can't reinstall or transaction, please follow up on ticket # 261273 (I don't have my old cell phone and no backup code either)

• @ehab said:

@Jab said:

i would like to see a button for

smartass shitposting satirist

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    deleted redundant comment

yooo chadddd

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

yooo chadddd

Yo chaaaaad, any suggestion for IELTS writing?

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

yooo chadddd

Yo chaaad, migrating?

• edited March 2023

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

yooo chadddd

Yo chaaad, migrating?

Yep, one more year if things go well.

Maybe one day I would request Chad Franz to change my name to Flying_Canadian

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

@cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

yooo chadddd

Yo chaaad, migrating?

Yep, one more year if things go well.

Maybe one day I would request Chad Franz to change my name to Flying_Canadian

all the best! hopefully things will ease up after the next presidential election.

• @localhost said:

@cold said:

thats the trick ! if status page says its good, they wont investigate ;))

• atomiatomi OG
    edited March 2023

@erk said:

@skorous said:

@msatt said:

Customer's Service cannot use more than 50% of the monthly allocated bandwidth in under fourteen (14) days, or more than 10% of the monthly allocated bandwidth in under twenty-four (24) hours.

If you are a new 'storage' customer this could be a problem when populating the VM ?

Might be an issue with some of the tiny plans too. Have to look but I think I have an old instance with only 250GB bandwidth.

Does anyone know a way to configure tthe 10%/24 limit in nginx or with Linux traffic shaping?

10% of 1024GB would be 100GB - assume a 1GB file exists, that'd only take 100 requests.
    Even reducing max transfer speed to 5MB/s, 100GB is still doable in ~6 hours.

I suppose a script that checks for close to the limit in daily transfers and changes nginx to block the site with a low-bandwidth error-page would be the way to go?

you can set max speed with nginx.conf
    limit_rate 5120k;

or speedlimiting your whole linux easily with Wondershaper which is available in quite many distros nowdays
    wondershaper -a eth0 -d 5120 -u 5120
    and to remove limits
    wondershaper -c -a eth0

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab
  • I'm interested in purchasing an unmanaged dedicated server on your LA2 Digital Reality (https://lax2.lg.virmach.com/) location. However, I noticed that on the location selection page, there is no option to manually select LA2. The closest selection available is "US West San Jose & Los Angeles". Does that mean the server location will be randomly assigned between San Jose and Los Angeles? I need to ensure I get the LA2 Digital Reality location because I've conducted ping tests and found it has the best latency.

Additionally, on the disk selection page, there is an option for "First Available (120GB SSD or 1TB HDD)". I prefer to have an SSD and not an HDD. Can you please confirm how I can ensure that I receive an SSD upon checkout?

Lastly, I would like to checkout with my preferred location and storage type. Can you please provide guidance on how to do this?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited March 2023

@virtuous003 said:
    I'm interested in purchasing an unmanaged dedicated server on your LA2 Digital Reality (https://lax2.lg.virmach.com/) location. However, I noticed that on the location selection page, there is no option to manually select LA2. The closest selection available is "US West San Jose & Los Angeles". Does that mean the server location will be randomly assigned between San Jose and Los Angeles? I need to ensure I get the LA2 Digital Reality location because I've conducted ping tests and found it has the best latency.

Additionally, on the disk selection page, there is an option for "First Available (120GB SSD or 1TB HDD)". I prefer to have an SSD and not an HDD. Can you please confirm how I can ensure that I receive an SSD upon checkout?

Lastly, I would like to checkout with my preferred location and storage type. Can you please provide guidance on how to do this?

Not necessarily randomly assigned, depends on configuration, but mostly, not 100%

We did it this way to avoid having to make so many different configurations and to keep it simple. If you want guaranteed SSD, you have to purchase the more expensive version that's guaranteed to be that type. No guarantees one way or the other otherwise. The $35 unmanaged is essentially a "grab bag" special.

Higher likelihood of it being SSD than HDD. Higher likelihood of it being San Jose than LAX3.

This will not go on LAX2 in any case. It's LAX3 (INAP, El Segundo) for LAX dedicated. If you want LAX2, you'll have to order Ryzen custom dedi and wait time on that is unpredictable right now.

@Jab said:
    Oh, good idea, let's try that same day response new click a lot of buttons feature!

I guess I select all 3? :D

bruh.

It's because it's technically online. The answers are still not very well tuned but it would make mostly sense if the main node is online. But it's overloading so it's effectively not really online.

@localhost said:

@cold said:

I've been working probably 30 hours straight on NYCB034X, still haven't gotten to FFME004 although I'm trying to work it in now with probably a reboot. Since it's overloading I've just been getting kicked off a lot and I want to confirm a couple things before blindly rebooting it.

It's just that we know NYCB034X is a ticking time bomb at this point and I don't want it to turn into an NYCB041 scenario.

• FFME04 back!

Thanked by (1)cold

• @atomi said:

you can set max speed with nginx.conf
    limit_rate 5120k;

Yup. Mentioned this.
    This doesn't help because even at this lower data rate, the daily quota can be exceeded in 6 hours.
    So unless I rate limit to much lower than this, and then I can't burst.

Nginx doesn't have a 'limit_rate 100GB/day' as far as I can find.

or speedlimiting your whole linux easily with Wondershaper which is available in quite many distros nowdays

Which has exactly the same problem -- it's a fixed limit, not a dynamic limit based on how much has been transferred already ..

I'm hoping someone has a clever script that does something like proportionally adjusting the traffic shapper based on the traffic in the last 15 minutes or so

• edited March 2023

@mant said:
    GVTxF.png
    GVaMH.png

I guess @VirMach developer can create working code, when they have enough incentive. 🫣

• @erk said:

@atomi said:

Which has exactly the same problem -- it's a fixed limit, not a dynamic limit based on how much has been transferred already ..

I'm hoping someone has a clever script that does something like proportionally adjusting the traffic shapper based on the traffic in the last 15 minutes or so

you could do it with vnstat + wondershaper combo for example. I'm pretty sure that there are some scripts already made for that but I would count longer period than 15 mins

• @VirMach Its seem OS debian 11 templates in solusvm disappear.
    Can you enable it back?

• why idiot system keep mergeing every unrelated ticket into one

• @VirMach any changes on those EPYC? ;)

• @Jab said:
    FFME04 back!

This node doesn't look good

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I'm getting the dreaded "No bootable device" error on my $2.22/yr special on TYOC007.
    Good thing I was just idling it. :sunglasses:

Anybody else on TYOC007 having issues ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    I'm getting the dreaded "No bootable device" error on my $2.22/yr special on TYOC007.
    Good thing I was just idling it. :sunglasses:

Anybody else on TYOC007 having issues ?

According to Hetrixtools, down at 2023-03-13 1:22 (UTC)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Anyone else with a CHIZ001? Mine's been flapping for most of today (6 times so far). :'(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)