VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @Jab said:
    VirMach stole my button!

No idea what was supposed to be there, but something was supposed to be there. EMPTY HTML.

This is NY with outdated reinstall templates/images :(

Migrate button has gone.
    One of my VPSes (FFME007) still have it for some strange reason.

• @Jab said:
    VirMach stole my button!

No idea what was supposed to be there, but something was supposed to be there. EMPTY HTML.

This is NY with outdated reinstall templates/images :(

I think it was the transfer location one. Still waiting for it to be fixed to transfer from CHI to Denver.
    Maybe Virmach can enable that, except for Tokyo? Or any ETA?

• @Mumbly said:

i think only Flash vpses have the migration disabled.

Thanked by (2)Mumbly FrankZ
  • JabJab
    edited March 2023

Now I know what button has been stolen and I can conclude that @Mumbly stole mah button (-:

also this is my top button numba, anyone have more?!

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @ehab said:

@Mumbly said:

i think only Flash vpses have the migration disabled.

That's quite possible, but then again, it's not most clear what "flash sale" is as almost everyone here use somekind of "special offer" :)
    In my case:

• 512MB Migration Special - button is there
    • FLASH-SPECIAL - no button
    • Ryzen Special 2560 - no button

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • edited March 2023

@Jab said: I can conclude that @Mumbly stole mah button (-:

@ehab made me do it!

@Jab said: also this is my top button numba, anyone have more?!

Nah, you're winner! :(

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @Mumbly said:

@Jab said: I can conclude that @Mumbly stole mah button (-:

@ehab made me do it!

@Jab said: also this is my top button numba, anyone have more?!

Nah, you're winner! :(

i don't mind pushing Jab's buttons.

• @VirMach said:
    Average uptime over last 30 days for all nodes is about 99.8532%

I assume node != VM.

So sounds like "unlucky you"

Indeed. Thanks for the reply.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@jtk said:

@VirMach said:
    Average uptime over last 30 days for all nodes is about 99.8532%

I assume node != VM.

So sounds like "unlucky you"

Indeed. Thanks for the reply.

Yeah could be if it's related to a function button breaking, or re-install during I/O errors on VNC.

• @VirMach said:
    Yeah could be if it's related to a function button breaking, or re-install during I/O errors on VNC.

And perhaps coincidentally, perhaps not, the ticket I had open for an issue was silently closed, but a problem was addressed. Yay! Now all Virmach VMs I have are currently operational. If I can finish out the month with no more VM disruptions I'll consider that progress. :-) Thanks.

• ofitofit OG
    edited March 2023

@VirMach I have a Virmach VPS in NL (several) and DE (several), as well as a VPS with V.PS in the same locations. Why is the speed of the server different to me on VIrmach DE and V.PS DE, although they are in the same DC and have the same routing?

Virmach DE

pavel@pavelHomepc:~/.local/share$ iperf3 -c mydomain.com -p5331 -t120 -R
    Connecting to host mydomain.com, port 5331
    Reverse mode, remote host mydomain.com is sending
    [  5] local 192.168.3.7 port 56426 connected to 47.87.225.151 port 5331
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
    [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  12.3 MBytes   103 Mbits/sec                  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
    [  5]   0.00-120.04 sec   281 MBytes  19.6 Mbits/sec  513             sender
    [  5]   0.00-120.00 sec   277 MBytes  19.4 Mbits/sec                  receiver

iperf Done.

V.PS DE

pavel@pavelHomepc:~/.local/share$ iperf3 -c mydomain.com -p5331 -t120 -R
    Connecting to host mydomain.com, port 5331
    Reverse mode, remote host mydomain.com is sending
    [  5] local 192.168.3.7 port 56020 connected to 45.147.51.176 port 5331
    [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  24.2 MBytes   203 Mbits/sec                  
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [  5]   0.00-60.34  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec                  sender
    [  5]   0.00-60.34  sec   708 MBytes  98.5 Mbits/sec                  receiver
    iperf3: interrupt - the client has terminated

@ofit said:
    @VirMach I have a Virmach VPS in NL (several) and DE (several), as well as a VPS with V.PS in the same locations. Why is the speed of the server different to me on VIrmach DE and V.PS DE, although they are in the same DC and have the same routing?

Virmach DE

> pavel@pavelHomepc:~/.local/share$ iperf3 -c mydomain.com -p5331 -t120 -R
    > Connecting to host mydomain.com, port 5331
    > Reverse mode, remote host mydomain.com is sending
    > [  5] local 192.168.3.7 port 56426 connected to 47.87.225.151 port 5331
    > [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate
    > [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  12.3 MBytes   103 Mbits/sec                  
    > 
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > [ ID] Interval           Transfer     Bitrate         Retr
    > [  5]   0.00-120.04 sec   281 MBytes  19.6 Mbits/sec  513             sender
    > [  5]   0.00-120.00 sec   277 MBytes  19.4 Mbits/sec                  receiver
    > 
    > iperf Done.
    > 

V.PS DE

> pavel@pavelHomepc:~/.local/share$ iperf3 -c mydomain.com -p5331 -t120 -R
    > Connecting to host mydomain.com, port 5331
    > Reverse mode, remote host mydomain.com is sending
    > [  5] local 192.168.3.7 port 56020 connected to 45.147.51.176 port 5331
    > [  5]   0.00-1.00   sec  24.2 MBytes   203 Mbits/sec                  
    > - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    > [  5]   0.00-60.34  sec  0.00 Bytes  0.00 bits/sec                  sender
    > [  5]   0.00-60.34  sec   708 MBytes  98.5 Mbits/sec                  receiver
    > iperf3: interrupt - the client has terminated
    > 

I believe V.PS will have more premium routing in some locations to certain region(s.) More specifically, in Europe I believe they may offer one "regular" blend to be able to compete with other colocation offers in that region and then they do also have a special blend like they do in most locations if not all where it's optimized for China, or at least that's my guess. That one's, I assume, obviously accompanied with a price increase.

Anyway, I can't find the page but I think that ends up including something like China Unicom/Telecom in the blend.

Let's see I'll bundle in a little bit more helpful network information in this post but to see it all you can also refer to our website.

• Even if we're in INAP and that blend is utilized, Dedipath does mix in Lumen.
    • QN has like an ultra asia optimized blend, we do not use that as it's a significant price increase.

We could of course do heavily optimized blends in Europe, Los Angeles, and even xTom's San Jose but pricepoints wouldn't end up being very desirable. Let's say if everyone was willing to pay an additional $12 a month per 1TB bandwidth on their plan.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ZA_capetown
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Let's say if everyone was willing to pay an additional $12 a month per 1TB bandwidth on their plan.

No.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

$7.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• ofitofit OG
    edited March 2023

@VirMach said:
    I believe V.PS will have more premium routing in some locations to certain region(s.) More specifically, in Europe I believe they may offer one "regular" blend to be able to compete with other colocation offers in that region and then they do also have a special blend like they do in most locations if not all where it's optimized for China, or at least that's my guess. That one's, I assume, obviously accompanied with a price increase.

Anyway, I can't find the page but I think that ends up including something like China Unicom/Telecom in the blend.

Let's see I'll bundle in a little bit more helpful network information in this post but to see it all you can also refer to our website.

• Even if we're in INAP and that blend is utilized, Dedipath does mix in Lumen.
    • QN has like an ultra asia optimized blend, we do not use that as it's a significant price increase.

We could of course do heavily optimized blends in Europe, Los Angeles, and even xTom's San Jose but pricepoints wouldn't end up being very desirable. Let's say if everyone was willing to pay an additional $12 a month per 1TB bandwidth on their plan.

I'm from Eastern Europe, not China. My internet speed is 100mbit/s / 50mbit/s. I get 100Mbit/s on V.PS with no problem at 10EURO/year on NL and DE. Virmach has a slightly lower speed on NL, but on DE in the evening the speed drops sharply, sometimes it can drop to 5Mbit / s on all my DE VPS at virmach. The routing is the same as far as I can tell. I don't understand why there is such a difference. I don't think it's a problem with the premium network.

V.PS

root@s15393 ~ # mtr -z4w 1k.by
    Start: 2023-03-18T13:18:21+0100
    HOST: s15393                             Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1. AS3214   rg01fra.v.ps                0.0%    10    9.9  29.2   9.9  56.3  16.4
      2. AS???    a1-2.cr01.fra01.xtom.de     0.0%    10    0.8   0.7   0.6   0.8   0.1
      3. AS???    asbr3.net.belpak.by         0.0%    10   24.1  24.4  24.0  25.7   0.5
      4. AS6697   ie1.net.belpak.by           0.0%    10   25.3  29.4  25.1  35.2   3.8
      5. AS???    ???                        100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      6. AS6697   178.124.146.230.belpak.by   0.0%    10   33.1  30.4  27.1  33.1   2.2
      7. AS6697   core2.net.belpak.by         0.0%    10   28.1  30.6  27.4  33.6   2.5
      8. AS6697   93.84.125.193               0.0%    10   25.2  25.6  25.2  26.4   0.4
      9. AS6697   178.124.134.165             0.0%    10   28.0  27.0  26.7  28.0   0.4
     10. AS6697   hosted.neolocation.net      0.0%    10   27.2  27.2  27.0  27.5   0.1

Virmach

root@s2:~# mtr -z4w 1k.by
    Start: 2023-03-18T13:22:33+0100
    HOST: s2                                 Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev
      1. AS3214   47.87.225.1                 0.0%    10    8.7  40.4   8.7 152.7  42.2
      2. AS???    a1-2.cr01.fra01.xtom.de     0.0%    10    0.6   0.6   0.5   0.7   0.1
      3. AS???    asbr3.net.belpak.by         0.0%    10   26.3  26.3  26.0  26.5   0.1
      4. AS6697   ie2.net.belpak.by           0.0%    10   33.9  35.4  31.8  38.1   2.0
      5. AS???    ???                        100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0
      6. AS6697   178.124.146.238.belpak.by   0.0%    10   36.1  34.2  30.5  37.5   2.7
      7. AS6697   core2.net.belpak.by         0.0%    10   32.9  29.7  26.4  33.7   2.6
      8. AS6697   93.84.125.193               0.0%    10   28.3  28.3  28.1  28.7   0.2
      9. AS6697   178.124.134.165             0.0%    10   29.4  29.5  29.3  30.0   0.2
     10. AS6697   hosted.neolocation.net      0.0%    10   27.6  27.5  27.3  27.6   0.1

@ofit said: I'm from Eastern Europe, not China. My internet speed is 100mbit/s / 50mbit/s. I get 100Mbit/s on V.PS with no problem at 10EURO/year on NL and DE. Virmach has a slightly lower speed on NL, but on DE in the evening the speed drops sharply, sometimes it can drop to 5Mbit / s on all my DE VPS at virmach. The routing is the same as far as I can tell. I don't understand why there is such a difference. I don't think it's a problem with the premium network.

Shouldn't be different then. Make a connection issue ticket and include MTR both directions.

• edited March 2023

Several months ago,My service has been suspended because Virmach said I violated their TOS. It was on March 8,2023 that they restored my service and generate an invoice,I paid it via PayPal although I am not sure whether I should keep the service. Actually the service will be terminated in April 7.Two weeks later,they send me a Email said that My payment has something wrong and I should pay them 25$ for investigation,If I refuse to pay,my service would be suspended again.

I have opened a ticket but nothing help, no any answers but let me pay 25$.

So @VirMach restore our suspended services just so he can earn a lot of money from our invoices and then suspend them again.Can you admit this behavior?

🌟:SpartanHost,Cloudcone,Hostodo,WebHorizon
    💩:Virmach,Greencloud,Pacificrack really sucks

• Anyway,I won't pay the 25$.if you suspended my service again,I will file a dispute in PayPal.

• @Franzkafka said:
    Anyway,I won't pay the 25$.if you suspended my service again,I will file a dispute in PayPal.

So you were terminated due to violation of TOS, but was then reinstated and allowed to stay?

Now, threats, such as this, don’t usually end well.

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:
    Anyway,I won't pay the 25$.if you suspended my service again,I will file a dispute in PayPal.

So you were terminated due to violation of TOS, but was then reinstated and allowed to stay?

This is not a threat.I just suspect Virmach's motivation for restoring suspended services.This provider has too many weird behaviors against their customers.I just do what I should do now.I remember that Virmach had an announcement after restoring the suspended services.I think they would come to the right way.But now,I followed their instructions for my problem but only get a invoice billed 25$. it's ridiculous.

• @Franzkafka said:
    Several months ago,My service has been suspended because Virmach said I violated their TOS. It was on March 8,2023 that they restored my service and generate an invoice,I paid it via PayPal although I am not sure whether I should keep the service. Actually the service will be terminated in April 7.Two weeks later,they send me a Email said that My payment has something wrong and I should pay them 25$ for investigation,If I refuse to pay,my service would be suspended again.

So @VirMach restore our suspended services just so he can earn a lot of money from our invoices and then suspend them again.Can you admit this behavior?

As far as I know. The system will still send invoice for suspended service, unless you cancel it.

I don't know why you would pay for a suspended VPS?

• @giang said:

@Franzkafka said:

As far as I know. The system will still send invoice for suspended service, unless you cancel it.

I don't know why you would pay for a suspended VPS?

No.Virmach restored my service first and then send me a invoice for the renewal fee.

Thanked by (1)giang

• @Franzkafka said:

@TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:

This is not a threat.I just suspect Virmach's motivation for restoring suspended services.This provider has too many weird behaviors against their customers.I just do what I should do now.I remember that Virmach had an announcement after restoring the suspended services.I think they would come to the right way.But now,I followed their instructions for my problem but only get a invoice billed 25$. it's ridiculous.

Saying you will file a PayPal dispute if you get suspended again, is a threat.

I don’t think you’ll be suspended again, or at all, if you didn’t do anything wrong, or if nothing goes against their TOS.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ ZA_capetown Marx

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• @TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:

@TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:

I don’t think you’ll be suspended again, or at all, if you didn’t do anything wrong, or if nothing goes against their TOS.

So can you tell me What should I do?My service was suspended because Virmach said I violate their TOS. Suddenly they unsuspend my service and send me a invoice to let my pay it.I remember that Virmach has announcement about restoring suspended services.I did nothing after I paid the invoice.

I am sure there are a lot of customers like me.They received a alert Email which says the payment has something wrong and we have to pay 25$ for investigation.As for whether we can keep the service, it depends on the investigation result.

Don't let me open a ticket.I already done.One more Ticket?I am afraid that Virmach will delete my account immediately.

• TheDPTheDP OG
    edited March 2023

@Franzkafka said:

@TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:

@TheDP said:

@Franzkafka said:

So can you tell me What should I do?My service was suspended because Virmach said I violate their TOS. Suddenly they unsuspend my service and send me a invoice to let my pay it.I remember that Virmach has announcement about restoring suspended services.I did nothing after I paid the invoice.

I am sure there are a lot of customers like me.They received a alert Email which says the payment has something wrong and we have to pay 25$ for investigation.As for whether we can keep the service, it depends on the investigation result.

Don't let me open a ticket.I already done.One more Ticket?I am afraid that Virmach will delete my account immediately.

If anything, for now, I would just wait for @VirMach side of the story.

• edited March 2023

Again.I am here not for threatening Virmach.I am here to want Virmach give me an explanation for customers like me.

• Money shot

Nothing special, we do this routinely but there was a large backlog so it was processed together. I can guarantee you that we didn't personally try to do anything to you, it just means you were included in a list of like 200-300 disputes that were mass marked together.

If you don't like it being brought up consider not disputing payments, and you can do whatever you want. If you don't want to contact us or pay a processing fee to get it resolved you do realize you don't need to contact us, right?

End result is just your account being finally closed which you wanted anyway, now we're just processing it in bulk.

And again none of this is a conspiracy. We did a bulk unsuspension for a different reason, now we're bulk processing disputes. We didn't go and check who opened a dispute to leave them out the first process, and just because we decided to unsuspend some services in relation to one breach of terms of service doesn't mean it forgives you automatically for everything you ever did, obviously if we find a dispute was done that's getting processed now.

Have you considered maybe not doing all these things and then being shocked if we follow normal procedure and you get caught with some consequences?

• @VirMach said:
    Nothing special, we do this routinely but there was a large backlog so it was processed together. I can guarantee you that we didn't personally try to do anything to you, it just means you were included in a list of like 200-300 disputes that were mass marked together.

If you don't like it being brought up consider not disputing payments, and you can do whatever you want. If you don't want to contact us or pay a processing fee to get it resolved you do realize you don't need to contact us, right?

End result is just your account being finally closed which you wanted anyway, now we're just processing it in bulk.

And again none of this is a conspiracy. We did a bulk unsuspension for a different reason, now we're bulk processing disputes. We didn't go and check who opened a dispute to leave them out the first process, and just because we decided to unsuspend some services in relation to one breach of terms of service doesn't mean it forgives you automatically for everything you ever did, obviously if we find a dispute was done that's getting processed now.

Have you considered maybe not doing all these things and then being shocked if we follow normal procedure and you get caught with some consequences?

1.I didn't make any dispute before.
    2.I have tried to contact you via ticket,and provide my payment receipt for more details but no answers.
    3.why should I pay 25$ for investigation. it's you said my payment has something wrong while you didn't give me any details about the problem.