VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said: @cyforex - NYCB043 is down,

@lesuser said: Yeah cannot access NYCB043 on https://billing.virmach.com although VPS is working fine.

That's been waiting on networking all week, it looks like a routing issue. It's online, just specific IP addresses and routes at specific times act wonky. So to some people it's online, to some it's offline, and to our panel it's responding sometimes and according to our monitoring it might be working about half the time.

• @jtk said:
    NYCB027 has been unavailable for over 100 days. New record?

Same here

• JabJab
    edited August 2023

FFME04 on fire, please dispatch someone to handle it (-:

Load 1400, memory usage 98% - are we OOM?!

@VirMach

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    FFME04 on fire, please dispatch someone to handle it (-:

Load 1400, memory usage 98% - are we OOM?!

@VirMach

Not OOM. Patch that went out didn't play well with this particular node, so more of the same old issue on this one. Might take a little longer to fix.

Thanked by (1)Jab
  • @VirMach said:
    Patch that went out didn't play well with this particular node

Standardize all nodes: exactly same hardware and software everywhere.
    You'll save a lot of troubles down the road.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach said:
    Might take a little longer to fix.

How much is the fish? Aka how long is little longer than longer than usual longer? :cold_sweat:

• somiksomik OG
    edited August 2023

@Jab said:

@VirMach said:

How much is the fish? Aka how long is little longer than longer than usual longer? :cold_sweat:

It's between 3 and 3000 regular longers long. Any longer and it will be longer then little longer long.

Thanked by (1)Jab

Artificial intelligence is no match for our natural stupidity.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like a banana.

• @Jab said:

@VirMach said:

I was about to ask the same. Longer measured in hours or weeks? :P

• @Mumbly said:

Click start in panel, things online! I've seen load went from 0.05 to 1.89 so I assumed server was fixed just no VMs started and this seems true - my shit online after clicking start. Now need to figure out how to sync data back

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

• @Jab said:

@Mumbly said:

Click start in panel, things online! I've seen load went from 0.05 to 1.89 so I assumed server was fixed just no VMs started and this seems true - my shit online after clicking start. Now need to figure out how to sync data back

It's back indeed. Thanks!

• It is lucky I have moved site off NJ node.

• I forgot to say thank you @VirMach for quick fix of FFFME!

• FFME004 is still down.

• @tenpera said:
    FFME004 is still down.

So everybody else is wrong?

• @tenpera said:
    FFME004 is still down.

Mine was down, but was able to boot it up

• PHXZ002 is down

@tenpera said:
    FFME004 is still down.

Everyone I've seen have it still be offline have an old ISO mounted and either ignored the message on boot up to unmount ISO or not used the reset button.

• It would be useful to see some kind of status message about what then plans/ETA are regarding your node when your node is locked, all that can be seen is "The node is currently locked" without rudimentary information like which node it even is (I only remember the datacenter). I have the option to cancel but it's not clear if this provides a refund based on the remaining time paid for since the platform advertises "No complicated hourly billing".

Thanked by (1)jtk
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

@WhatTheFunction said:
    It would be useful to see some kind of status message about what then plans/ETA are regarding your node when your node is locked, all that can be seen is "The node is currently locked" without rudimentary information like which node it even is (I only remember the datacenter). I have the option to cancel but it's not clear if this provides a refund based on the remaining time paid for since the platform advertises "No complicated hourly billing".

If you have a plan that shows as a "Special Offer" in the title then it does not normally qualify for a refund. Specials state at time of purchase "No Refunds". If you do not have a "Special Offer" then let us know the type of plan you have and we can give you more information.

Thanked by (2)skorous DanSummer

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    If you have a plan that shows as a "Special Offer" in the title then it does not normally qualify for a refund. Specials state at time of purchase "No Refunds". If you do not have a "Special Offer" then let us know the type of plan you have and we can give you more information.

It's been a while so I don't remember most of the details but I don't think it was a special offer, it's called 'Legacy KVM Plans - SSD512' now. I understand 100% that it's cheap node and definitely didn't go in expecting any technical support if I messed something up or anything like an SLA guarantee, but sending a ticket in just to get some information about what's going on made an AI recite what I already told it back to me and the ticket was closed so I'm a bit in the dark about what to expect. Appreciate the response.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

I am not totally sure that the "Legacy KVM Plans" are eligible for partial refunds, so I would not want to steer you wrong and say it is. Regarding the "The node is currently locked" message:

if you see a message "The node is currently locked" it means the node controls are temporarily locked off. This could mean an ongoing maintenance, so please check the network status page for more information.

Also the status page is here https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/ so if you see anything that looks familiar to you ....

Thanked by (1)WhatTheFunction

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    I am not totally sure that the "Legacy KVM Plans" are eligible for partial refunds, so I would not want to steer you wrong and say it is. Regarding the "The node is currently locked" message:

if you see a message "The node is currently locked" it means the node controls are temporarily locked off. This could mean an ongoing maintenance, so please check the network status page for more information.

Also the status page is here https://statusbot.virm.ac/en/ so if you see anything that looks familiar to you ....

Yeah, I can only assume it's one of the down NYC nodes since I can't view anything about the node but remember it was an NYC instance. The instance was extremely low traffic and I rarely touched it nor monitored it beyond an occasional package update, but I have a rough idea for how long it's been down because LetsEncrypt starts sending emails when certs fail to autorenew within 20 days of expiry and there's now 6 days remaining, giving a minimum 2 weeks the node has either been locked or down (I assume locked since I know it's been locked for the last week).

I should probably consider the ~4 months remaining on the instance to be flushed and move on, for the price I understood/expected that service would be a "whatever's left" of available resources but it seems the resources have been zero for a while now. Appreciate your time though!

@WhatTheFunction said:
    It would be useful to see some kind of status message about what then plans/ETA are regarding your node when your node is locked, all that can be seen is "The node is currently locked" without rudimentary information like which node it even is (I only remember the datacenter). I have the option to cancel but it's not clear if this provides a refund based on the remaining time paid for since the platform advertises "No complicated hourly billing".

It's just not how the system works, not how we built it or want it in terms of not being able to see your node name. Luckily right now there are not that many outages posted, so you should be able to tell which one applies to you.

One is for Tokyo.

One is for NYCB043 but it's listed as an outage. I agree that I should put more information for this one to let everyone know it's a network routing issue and it's not locked.

One is for NYCB011X --> NYCB035, NYCB020, and NYCB027 bundled in that has had previous updates posted. So if it's for a long long time, then you are on NYCB027. If it's for the past 1-2 weeks, then you were on NYCB011X and migrated to NYCB035 or NYCB020. I'll add in some more information on this one as well and moving forward I'll try to better label which is specifically locked.

• I have a VPS from VIR JP, and it's currently quite stable. Although I haven't been using it for long, I hope it will remain stable.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited August 2023

Sigh, another fanboy above...

Ya chaps never learn

smartass shitposting satirist

• can you check my ticket #913893
    I waited another 4 months already, just want to grab my missing deposit funds(because I sent the wrong amount of coins) back to my main account
    should I buy 60$ extra support on an abandon-ready account to grab my 22.52$ back?

• @taizi said:
    should I buy 60$ extra support on an abandon-ready account to grab my 22.52$ back?

Yes.

Thanked by (2)skorous taizi

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited August 2023

@VirMach Just an FYI LAX2Z019 appears to be overloading.
    EDIT: Not overloading anymore.

• edited August 2023

@yoursunny said:

@taizi said:

Yes.

The more you buy, the more you save

-- Jensen Huang

smartass shitposting satirist

• How about TYOC007, it had been offline dozens of days.