i interpret his look a different way.
    but
    the guy behind looks more upset.

• edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    VirMach Tokyo storage server 50%+ CPU steal time
    O'my cloud storage of fair ladies
    Never mind, regular bump, back to single digit now

Does anyone run HentaiAtHome again? O' @VirMach could you kindly find out and kick out those pedo for your own sake?

Also' I have to complain that your market planing is as bad as your UI taste and mathematics
    Granting 6TB monthly bandwidth for a $20 500GB storage Tokyo plan is a dung bad call, which encourages abuse and is not substantial profitable

smartass shitposting satirist

• your market planing is as bad as your UI taste and mathematics B)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

his market strategy isnt bad i think he has astute business acumen. good for his revenue. whether it is good for customers, i say it depends on your luck 😂

but now it likely has to evolve from being MJJ heavy to focus more on operational efficiencies. if and when that is successfully implemented I'll be back with my purse.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• waah waaah provider has to police traffic usage because i don't like them!

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

Thanked by (2)localhost ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    y0 @VirMach (I tag you here to get unblocked server and no more random downtime) what machine/servers you sending this BF to DCs? What specs? Copy-paste last time Ryzens? EPYCs? Anything finalized and ready to go?!
    Pictures!?

I think I should be able to remember to take some photos this time around. I also have some more concrete details.

Mainly copy/paste Ryzen. They'll either be refurbished from previous problem nodes or new, or previous nodes that were without problems outside of some improvements. For example, SJCZ009 is getting a better heatsink, NVMe swap. Some nodes more thoroughly memory tested and memory swap, and so on. Others are getting nuked and the good parts kept. These would be any where the motherboard is just misbehaving.

Fan brackets are getting an improvement where available, same with the fans, some power supplies, thermal paste, CMOS battery. Layouts changed on others to make them more standardized. Some chassis changes. BIOS/Firmware updates.

I don't really know exactly how many but I'd say about half would be "new" ones. And maybe a fifth of them are in new compact chassis which end up having better airflow, I haven't decided where those will go. Not a big difference it's just one of those things I'm excited to have finally got to because it required some "customization" with a dremel.

Then there's the big storage node for Amsterdam, as well as the Epyc that's been ready for at least half a year, and up to three other Epycs. One of the Epycs is 3.5GHz so it will likely be drop-in addition for Windows plans. A few 10G nodes that we'll try to actually deploy as 10G nodes this time. Also about half a dozen HW RAID NVMe servers that I'm reconfiguring and four more HW RAID controllers may be added in to some others. I have three or so extra LSI 7460's which we might pair in an interesting way although I don't know if I'll get to that in particular, they might be saved for some hybrid SSD/HDD services later.

They are pretty much going to all be done tonight and ship out Saturday.

• edited November 2023

↑↑↑
    That is why I like that Yankee, he can talk/type gibberish for hours
    In short, no meaningful upgrade except Amsterdam gets EPYC storage

• edited November 2023

That is why I like that Yankee, he can talk/type gibberish for hours

and can't respond to tickets for 1 second B)

@Flying_Chinaman said: In short, no meaningful upgrade except Amsterdam gets EPYC storage

I didn't say Amsterdam storage is the Epyc. That's why it's important to read the gibberish.

• @Virmach I noticed that my VM in Atlanta that was migrated months ago to NYC is back online at its old 66.59.x.x IP do I have to worry about you migrating me back to Atlanta? I'd rather keep this VPS in NYC.

• @VirMach Boss, if I purchase an account from a scalper (which only contains one VPS), then push it to my account but you reject it, does this count as me having multiple accounts

• @ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, if I purchase an account from a scalper (which only contains one VPS), then push it to my account but you reject it, does this count as me having multiple accounts

I would suggest your problem starts with the phrase "from a scalper".

Thanked by (1)DanSummer

@ben said:
    @VirMach Boss, if I purchase an account from a scalper (which only contains one VPS), then push it to my account but you reject it, does this count as me having multiple accounts

LOL

@ben said:

Most rejections for these mean that instructions weren't followed properly. Most. Not all, keep that word in mind.

The most common reason for this is that people often have multiple accounts and then forget which user is linked to which account and provide the person sending the service with the wrong email which no longer exists because they changed their email at some point.

Rarely, a rejection may occur where we do not wish to process the transfer. These cases will be accompanied with a refund for the transfer fee, so if the seller received a refund, this is most likely the reason. If they received no refund, it means an error in the process and they should proceed with a manual transfer request in any case ($10 fee) where we can go over why specifically and how to fix it.

@JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach I noticed that my VM in Atlanta that was migrated months ago to NYC is back online at its old 66.59.x.x IP do I have to worry about you migrating me back to Atlanta? I'd rather keep this VPS in NYC.

Short version, you won't randomly be moved back like that and customers should always use the service that's assigned with controls on their end and never rely on any other service remaining online indefinitely. AKA, your old Atlanta may be temporary back online like that but will go away after we back it up.

@dyfkz1l said: and can't respond to tickets for 1 second

This month so far, 1.2% of tickets have waited above 24 hours for a response. Last month it was 28.5% so I'd say it's fairly under control now. Of course I assume you probably won't be part of the 99% receiving faster responses, based on my assumption on your account status.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

@Flying_Chinaman said: Granting 6TB monthly bandwidth for a $20 500GB storage Tokyo plan is a dung bad call, which encourages abuse and is not substantial profitable

Let me fix your comment for you, removing a few unnecessary words.

... Tokyo ... is ... a bad call .. and is not profitable

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    VirMach Tokyo storage server 50%+ CPU steal time
    O'my cloud storage of fair ladies
    Never mind, regular bump, back to single digit now

There's a list of servers that need thermal paste re-applied. Not critical level but I have enough data to indicate that they are not perfect thermals. Tokyo storage is one of them right now which means during peak usage it throttles where it normally shouldn't.

I'm afraid of putting in the requests due to CPU pins and likelihood of thermal paste creating a perfect seal being the problem, as in it will get stuck on the heatsink. In most cases a competent tech who follows our instructions should be able to do it just fine, but after what happened with Hivelocity where their tech destroyed two CPUs and a motherboard by applying the thermal paste underneath a brand new CPU somehow, I have trust issues. In some rare cases though even the best techs will not be able to do anything about it and once it's off the server stays off until there's replacement CPU and heatsink and it's going to be a PITA to have them send back the stuck CPU. I know how to get them off by now, but those require a specific technique and a lot of patience with a razor blade, cloth, and a precision tool I don't know the name of... even then it's really risky, mostly for the person's fingers if they want to dedicate themselves to saving the CPU.

I'll likely have to do a world tour after Black Friday to get things in order.

@FrankZ said: Just as a FYI there will probably be a OKC location in the future.

Heavily leaning toward OKC being E3's and E5's with base IPv6 only plans (optional v4 surcharge or NAT.) Possibly with the addition of a few super finnicky Ryzen rejects as playground nodes. Initially single-homed and likely terrible test location as we slowly make it usable. So not necessarily an immediate home for anyone previously in Dallas.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ erk ZA_capetown
  • edited November 2023

@VirMach said: I'll likely have to do a world tour

Speaking of world tour, it just suddenly come into my mind.

We are horny boy after all

How long will you stay on AM4? I saw CPU varies from 3900x to 5950x, why no threadripper?

• @VirMach said:

@ben said:

Most rejections for these mean that instructions weren't followed properly. Most. Not all, keep that word in mind.

The receiving account's email is correct, but it was rejected, and I haven't received a refund. I just want to resolve the hassle of multiple accounts. Thank you!
    Ticket #482992
    invoice #1593400

@Flying_Chinaman said: How long will you stay on AM4? I saw CPU varies from 3900x to 5950x, why no threadripper?

Okay we can do Threadripper Pro 5995WX crowdfunding order for Tokyo.
    4GB RAM / 1 Dedicated Core / 30GB RAID10 NVMe / 500GB Bandwidth @ 10Gbps / $168 per year

Does that answer your question on why no threadripper?

Thanked by (3)FrankZ tototo fluttershy
  • @ben said:

The receiving account's email is correct, but it was rejected, and I haven't received a refund. I just want to resolve the hassle of multiple accounts. Thank you!

Stop buying accounts. Problem solved.

• @VirMach said:
    This month so far, 1.2% of tickets have waited above 24 hours for a response. Last month it was 28.5% so I'd say it's fairly under control now. Of course I assume you probably won't be part of the 99% receiving faster responses, based on my assumption on your account status.

WOW, congratulations.

By the way, what was your logic and rationale for repatriating chicks and closing accounts some days ago?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@dyfkz1l

Trying to skirt the fine line of being a troll will just get you banned.

Thanked by (1)skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @dyfkz1l said:

@VirMach said:

WOW, congratulations.

By the way, what was your logic and rationale for repatriating chicks and closing accounts some days ago?

I'm going to assume that's an honest question. Closing accounts is almost always - violation of AUP. Most commonly it's people with multiple accounts. As for migrating people out of Tokyo: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/153790/#Comment_153790

Thanked by (1)dyfkz1l

@dyfkz1l said:

@VirMach said:

WOW, congratulations.

what's your logic and rationale of acting ignorant, is ignorance a bliss?

• @skorous said:
    I'm going to assume that's an honest question. Closing accounts is almost always - violation of AUP. Most commonly it's people with multiple accounts. As for migrating people out of Tokyo: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/153790/#Comment_153790

Thanks for the answer, you're much kinder and friendlier than the other two. B)

edited November 2023

@dyfkz1l said:

@skorous said:

Thanks for the answer, you're much kinder and friendlier than the other two. B)

sarcasm is a well suited response for strawberries 😎