VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

You could feel free to post it amongst yourselves and verify that everyone was created as mentioned. If you map it out, it goes exactly SKU1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 in that order based on lowest to highest. So this was another benefit, it's independently verifiable. I didn't pick when you ordered or how many people ordered.

So actually it’s not randomized as if you are in the first group who buy it have 100% chances to get the worst result.

@VirMach said:

This seems to be the issue here and there's nothing I can do about your decisions to claim you're a big boy on the order form and then behave this way afterward.

I’m totally okay with getting the worst plan but the things out of expectations is the worst plan even have never listed on your website and you knew you should upgrade 256MB to 384MB while moving from OVZ to KVM to make the server usable. That is what makes people feeling toyed because it seems like you intended to give the first batch of buyers what is almost not usable.

• @HiEndSoul said:

@soulchief said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@cybertech said:
    here lies another crybaby who dont know what a mystery box means

When you buy "Anything" or "Whatever" soft drinks at least you expecting something you can drink.

What a bad example. You bought a mystery VPS that you can still use as a vps... I have NAT VPS's running on 64mb ram.

It's much different between KVM and OVZ.

It's like buying a lottery ticket and then getting mad because you didn't win anything. :)
    Did you even read the deal? The minimum specs were clearly stated there.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • edited November 2023

@DanSummer said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@soulchief said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@cybertech said:

When you buy "Anything" or "Whatever" soft drinks at least you expecting something you can drink.

What a bad example. You bought a mystery VPS that you can still use as a vps... I have NAT VPS's running on 64mb ram.

It's like buying a lottery ticket and then getting mad because you didn't win anything. :)

no, the order page opened 2 or 3 days BEFORE the post so no one of the first batch who placed the order quickly had the chance to know

So we thought it should be randomized and have a baseline to make sure that VPSes at least usable

But even he can know who’s already bought it he chooses to not randomize the prizes and put the first batch of buyers in the worst plan

• OI what is all dis den?
    First thread containing a whine ass because they bought a mystery box and did not get what they wanted?
    Maybe they should have just bought something they wanted instead?
    Maybe realize the wall of text for the mystery box told them they were random and mystery boxes?
    Maybe realize that the house doesn't always lose?
    Maybe next time just buy WHAT YOU WANT instead of trying to get it for free?

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@HiEndSoul said:

@DanSummer said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@soulchief said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@cybertech said:

no, the order page opened 2 or 3 days BEFORE the post so no one of the first batch who placed the order quickly had the chance to know

The order link was not open to the public. It was scraped from the provider's WHMCS and posted on another forum. The Mystery Box offer was a Black Friday LES Exclusive. You really should not use "I did not see the offer details" as a defense when you bought it before the offer was posted. Common sense seems so uncommon these days, it scary.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@DanSummer said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@soulchief said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@cybertech said:

The order link was not open to the public. It was scraped from the provider's WHMCS and posted on another forum. The Mystery Box offer was a Black Friday LES Exclusive. You really should not use "I did not see the offer details" as a defense when you bought it before the offer was posted. Common sense seems so uncommon these days, it scary.

I don’t mean to defend because I accept the risk to get anything (even nothing) while buying that mystery box
    What disappointed me is how the customers are dealt with during this campaign to let so many people get almost not usable VPS. It can make a meme but they shouldn’t spread so many 128MB.
    And the most important thing is that those rushed to buy without knowing the details are the guys who trusted VirMach most that never thought will be toyed with. These guys should have a fair chance to lottery with the prizes. But as a result VirMach just decided to give the first batch the worst plan as it is not a randomized lottery model.

• @FrankZ said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@DanSummer said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@soulchief said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@cybertech said:

This just gets funnier.

Thanked by (3)skorous DanSummer FrankZ
  • This mystery box thingy is worth of every penny. Obviously not my penny as I am just an observer, but it's so damn amusing. People, please post more. More complaints about "I know what lottery is but..."!

• @HiEndSoul said: What disappointed me is how the customers are dealt with during this campaign to let so many people get almost not usable VPS. It can make a meme but they shouldn’t spread so many 128MB.

Can you tell me how many is many? Numbers? How many Mystery Boxes were sold, how many people got 128MB?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Honestly, Virmach lost all my patronage after they changed all the IPs of my machines, some of them even twice this year.
    Some of them didn't even reboot correctly and required some interventions.

I understand maybe they made a mistake the first time and got IPs from a bad provider, but the second time? That showed me personally that whoever is in charge doesn't make the best decisions and doesn't learn from his mistakes 🤷‍♂️

Thanked by (1)emengweb
  • @Lex said: I understand maybe they made a mistake the first time and got IPs from a bad provider, but the second time?

Wasn't the second time when DediPath closed all theirs datacenter within 48h and almost no one expected shit like that? You mean this?

Thanked by (2)DanSummer skorous

• trust virmach, wow.
    Let this be a lesson for you whiners here.
    Know what you are spending on before opening your wallets.
    If you want to gamble, accept that you'll lose.

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• edited November 2023

@Mumbly said:
    This mystery box thingy is worth of every penny. Obviously not my penny as I am just an observer, but it's so damn amusing. People, please post more. More complaints about "I know what lottery is but..."!

@terrorgen said:
    trust virmach, wow.

I’m not complaining for what I get and it will be an honor for me if I’m the only one who got 128M
    I’m telling my disappointment to their business decisions and of course I learned my lesson today but maybe they will also have a lesson to learn in the following year.

• @Jab said:

@Lex said: I understand maybe they made a mistake the first time and got IPs from a bad provider, but the second time?

Wasn't the second time when DediPath closed all theirs datacenter within 48h and almost no one expected shit like that? You mean this?

No, this was a month or two before if I recall correctly.

Thanked by (2)Jab emengweb
  • edited November 2023

@Jab said:

@HiEndSoul said: What disappointed me is how the customers are dealt with during this campaign to let so many people get almost not usable VPS. It can make a meme but they shouldn’t spread so many 128MB.

Can you tell me how many is many? Numbers? How many Mystery Boxes were sold, how many people got 128MB?

If there were 1-3 then it’s a meme otherwise it’s a joke because we all know basically nothing can be hosted on this thing.
    As those 128 MB VPS can be nothing but a joke 30+ is way too much

• msattmsatt OG
    edited November 2023

Come on guys, this is NOT LET / LEB (edit) .
    Some of the comments in this thread are getting a bit strong. People don't need there 'faces rubbed in it'.
    As far as taking a gamble and having faith in the supplier these are very subjective but those that did not participate just appear to want to cause drama.

• Massive e-Stockholm syndrome. You for sure know that virmache is shit and you still play russian rulete with 5 bullets in 6 bulet barrel. How so? Why?!

• @HiEndSoul said:
    If there were 1-3 then it’s a meme otherwise it’s a joke because we all know basically nothing can be hosted on this thing.

So you have no idea?

• @Lex said:

@Jab said:

@Lex said: I understand maybe they made a mistake the first time and got IPs from a bad provider, but the second time?

No, this was a month or two before if I recall correctly.

They have a add-on for permanent IP on their site. Cost $30 or $50 one time fee for IP that'll never change. Buy that and your ip disappointment should disappear.

• @Jab said:

@HiEndSoul said:

So you have no idea?

32 right? Do you think it’s a small number out of the 200+ totals?

• @msatt said:
    Come on guys, this is NOT LET / LEB (edit) .
    Some of the comments in this thread are getting a bit strong. People don't need there 'faces rubbed in it'.
    As far as taking a gamble and having faith in the supplier these are very subjective but those that did not participate just appear to want to cause drama.

Disagree, we should mock the dumb when they come to complain about the results of doing dumb things.

There’s a phrase that applies perfectly here but I can’t use it because of my profanity ban being enforced by @AlwaysSkint

• edited November 2023

@HiEndSoul said:

@Mumbly said:
    This mystery box thingy is worth of every penny. Obviously not my penny as I am just an observer, but it's so damn amusing. People, please post more. More complaints about "I know what lottery is but..."!

@terrorgen said:
    trust virmach, wow.

I’m not complaining for what I get and it will be an honor for me if I’m the only one who got 128M
    I’m telling my disappointment to their business decisions and of course I learned my lesson today but maybe they will also have a lesson to learn in the following year.

Bbut... that was your business decision. To play the lottery.

Thanked by (1)terrorgen
  • JabJab
    edited November 2023

@HiEndSoul said:
    32 right?

Are you asking me? I was the one asking. Please just tell me hard numbers - how many 128MB, how many sold in total. Nothing more, nothing less - hard, pure numbers.

btw. 200+ is not a number, it's a range, we don't want to assume that number is 871587187578187587 (as this is above 200).

• @Mumbly said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@Mumbly said:

@terrorgen said:
    trust virmach, wow.

Bbut... that was your business decision. To play the lottery.

Literally it is not a lottery because the prize is not randomized and they made the decision to let those initial buyers get the worst prize for sure.

• Btw, all my VPS are 128MB.

Millenials.

Thanked by (2)terrorgen jqr
  • edited November 2023

@Nekki gets a double-thanks for that post above the last one. :open_mouth:

Thanked by (1)Nekki

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Lex said: I understand maybe they made a mistake the first time and got IPs from a bad provider, but the second time? That showed me personally that whoever is in charge doesn't make the best decisions and doesn't learn from his mistakes 🤷‍♂️

We had a one year contract that renews 60 days in advance automatically for the addresses. The company leasing it to us decided to not honor the contract and come up with their own weird way of being indecisive, so we made the right call and changed everyone ahead of time since we have plenty of experiences with companies that behave this way.

So your IP got changed versus what would have happened if we assumed they'd honor it, leading to almost no notice changes because other companies get to behave this way and of course someone will come along and shift all the blame toward us.

Therefore we did learn from our mistake but to me, it sounds like you didn't learn from your mistake if you experienced two VirMach IP changes. The firs time? Maybe you made a mistake, but the second time? Sounds like you don't make the best decisions if you need the IP address to remain the same, as there are plenty of older companies that have a ton of relatively free IPv4 they got a long time ago that's theirs and the only way for you to meet your requirement is to go with one after checking to make sure they own their IPv4 addresses. Of course I disagree with this logic and I'm only parroting it to possibly help you better understand what you're really saying here.

• @Virmach Thanks for fixing everything i now understand the complexity of this rare sequence of events. I will respond further in the ticket.

Thanked by (1)wankel
  • @Jab said:

@HiEndSoul said:
    32 right?

Are you asking me? I was the one asking. Please just tell me hard numbers - how many 128MB, how many sold in total. Nothing more, nothing less - hard, pure numbers.

btw. 200+ is not a number, it's a range, we don't want to assume that number is 871587187578187587 (as this is above 200).

I also want a hard number as I appealed at the very beginning of this thread to let @VirMach post the whole result publicly now looks like you’re another supporter of transparency.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited November 2023

@HiEndSoul said: I also want a hard number as I appealed at the very beginning of this thread to let @VirMach post the whole result publicly now looks like you’re another supporter of transparency.

How does that in any way relate to your grievances? You are upset that 128MB was a possibility for something you had zero information on and decided to order anyway, right? And that we should have made it 384MB minimum? Or are you fishing for more things to be upset about?

What exactly are you assuming we did in addition to posting an offer you did not like and why does that matter if you didn't read what the offer even is? To you, at the moment you made your purchase, all you were promised was A ) mystery, B ) possibly being upset per the checkbox. You were provided with both.