VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tulipyun I bought a Mystery Box that ended up being in group 6. If VirMach will allow it (I'll pay my $3 transfer fee, if you will pay your $3 transfer fee), I'll trade mine for yours, but I won't tell you what it is before hand. So, do you want to trade ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @tulipyun said: Thank you very much for providing such detailed data, but it doesn't help to answer the specific question I posed, which both you and FrankZ chose to avoid completely on the point about whether the worst planned ones are specifically distributed at the top of the order list. I guess that's kind of the answer.

I'm going to try one last time because I'm an arrogant bastard and think I'm special enough to get through to you.

Yes, it's true. The. Plans. Were. Preordained. You got what you got determined by when you ordered. Virmach actually said as much in the thread. I can hear you saying, "AHA! So I AM being punished for ordering early." NO! Because all of that was set up before the link that you nitwits used to order early was even leaked. In other words when all these plans were being created, put in order, etc... nobody even knew you were going to do something so daft. I'm going to say that again. It. Was. Not. A. Nefarious. Plot. Nobody knew in advance.

I won't be asking any new questions on this.

Good, because you aren't capable of hearing the answer when it's been given.

• @FAT32 said:
    How about just stop scanning other people's billing area.

Make it makes sense. If a product is hidden in the storeroom, you dont go inside the storeroom and get whatever you like.

Especially you dont even know what's the terms like.

No buyers knows that product was scanned from that way and if you don’t want people to buy it just disable it or set 0 stock

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@HiEndSoul said: It’s doesn’t make much sense to calculate the average like you and Buffett have $60B in average.
    what’s the percentage of people who get exactly 128M?

Good analogy, when you are the one trying to get the exact average of me and Buffet after being provided a more meaningful one. I've provided you with enough information for you to make your own determination. I could answer your question more directly if you first propose a concern that would be answered by it and put you at ease.

• @HiEndSoul said:

It’s doesn’t make much sense to calculate the average like you and Buffett have $60B in average.
    what’s the percentage of people who get exactly 128M and what do you think these vps can be used for?

It wouldn't make sense to you anyways because you've decided someone is out to scam you out of your $20. :)

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • @HiEndSoul said:

@FAT32 said:

Make it makes sense. If a product is hidden in the storeroom, you dont go inside the storeroom and get whatever you like.

No buyers knows that product was scanned from that way and if you don’t want people to buy it just disable it or set 0 stock

Lesson learned: don't click on unofficially provided links.
    (official = @VirMach / @LES-BOT / ... )

edited November 2023

@HiEndSoul said:

@FAT32 said:

What did they know? You genuinely just went wow, a VirMach deal, linked by a third party, it must be at least exactly 384MB memory or more official deal and therefore it's a great value at $20/2YR, but if it is below 384MB, I will spend my whole day making my dissatisfaction known?

Let's say the offer was officially posted, and you were linked this by a random guy, would you not first search for the offer to see what it is?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

the MJJs here are really spoiling my impression of MJJ average intelligence.

i mean, its really a special breed of MJJ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

@HiEndSoul said: It’s doesn’t make much sense to calculate the average like you and Buffett have $60B in average.
    what’s the percentage of people who get exactly 128M?

Good analogy, when you are the one trying to get the exact average of me and Buffet after being provided a more meaningful one. I've provided you with enough information for you to make your own determination. I could answer your question more directly if you first propose a concern that would be answered by it and put you at ease.

That analogy makes sense because it just like the average between 128Ms and highest plans and what I expressed is so many* 128Ms is way too much for entertainment both for quantities and the spec

• @VirMach MIAZ012 is down, your status page is showing 800+ load

• @VirMach said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@FAT32 said:

What did they know? You genuinely just went wow, a VirMach deal, linked by a third party, it must be at least exactly 384MB memory or more official deal and therefore it's a great value at $20/2YR, but if it is below 384MB, I will spend my whole day making my dissatisfaction known?

Because it just the common sense to make it at least usable.
    What is your suggested use case for those 128Ms (actually 103M shows in OS) as provider?

@alvaro said:
    @VirMach MIAZ012 is down, your status page is showing 800+ load

I'm aware, I'm not the person on shift that's supposed to make the network status page. I'll see what happened there and create it as I assumed it was already there. I noticed a drop down so I'm seeing if it will calm down as in this scenario it's better than immediately rebooting.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Thanked by (2)FAT32 bikegremlin

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• JabJab
    edited November 2023

@HiEndSoul said:

@VirMach said:
    Are you seriously saying that it's normal to purchase a random service just because the URL exists and the product should just be whatever each customer imagines it is?

For the first half, yes that’s exactly how BF deals spread across communities.

Question was NORMAL TO PURCHASE, not spread across communities.

[sarcasm]
    But you are totally right - it's normal that when some random guy on that Internet that checked every productID in ascending order on amazon.com links you something with title "Computer" and price 20$, without any pictures, any description, week before actual BlackFriday you instantly go buy that and when two weeks later arrives plastic toy shaped like a computer worth 2$ you sue Amazon for damages, demand refund and you call theirs customer support 185817587 times
    [/sarcasm]

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• What a way for a provider with a long todo list to create more work and spend more time on forums. I'm sure it will be replicated extensively next year.

@HeyImClueless said:
    What a way for a provider with a long todo list to create more work and spend more time on forums. I'm sure it will be replicated extensively next year.

Sadly not spending as much time as others today. I missed lots of comments and I'm pretty sure I got beaten out by @HiEndSoul as top VirMach-related poster today.

• @Jab said:

@HiEndSoul said:

@VirMach said:
    Are you seriously saying that it's normal to purchase a random service just because the URL exists and the product should just be whatever each customer imagines it is?

For the first half, yes that’s exactly how BF deals spread across communities.

Question was NORMAL TO PURCHASE, not spread across communities.

[sarcasm]
    But you are totally right - it's normal that when some random guy on that Internet that checked every productID in ascending order on amazon.com links you something with title "Computer" and price 20$, without any pictures, any description, week before actual BlackFriday you instantly go buy that and when two weeks later arrives plastic toy shaped like a computer worth 2$ you sue Amazon for damages, demand refund and you call theirs customer support 185817587 times
    [/sarcasm]

As a result it has been normal to purchase the product called mystery box because it literally so many* people bought it before Virmach revealed the rules and it should be normal if you get something under a baseline in common sense and then accept it but express your feelings

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said: top VirMach-related poster

smartass shitposting satirist

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

MIAZ012 is back up

• @fan said:
    Can you share how to do it? I have a 64mb machine idling and kernel panics every time when the host reboots, causing high CPU load, had to manually shut it down.

I don't think there was any magic Just built form an old minimal debian7 template as I recall. Probably no providers offer that anymore, but you might be able to get it going with an old iso image you load yourself somewhere. Try looking at https://www.debian.org/distrib/archive

Thanked by (1)fan
  • @jtk said: minimal debian7

Sadly wheezy doesn't work on ryzen, guess I'll continue to keep it powered off since there's no cancel button for it.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited November 2023

@fan
    This procedure works to reduce the required memory when booting Debian 11.

sed -i 's/MODULES=most/MODULES=dep/g' /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf
    sed -i 's/COMPRESS=lz4/COMPRESS=xz/g' / /etc/initramfs-tools/initramfs.conf

Then run

update-initramfs -u -k all

Then reboot.

• @VirMach said:

@HeyImClueless said:
    What a way for a provider with a long todo list to create more work and spend more time on forums. I'm sure it will be replicated extensively next year.

Sadly not spending as much time as others today. I missed lots of comments and I'm pretty sure I got beaten out by @HiEndSoul as top VirMach-related poster today.

At least you shouldn’t miss those comments which tagged you

• @ehab said:

@Otus9051 said:
    @VirMach
    Life is too short to argue
    Just say "aight fuck off ya cunt" and move on.

are you drunk @Otus9051 tonight ? or is this someone else posting on your behalf ?
    I know you an angel .... now you sound like Hmmmm ... like @Jab

@Jab did you hack his account?

sometimes i transform into an australian jackass

Thanked by (1)ehab

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU
    All of my VMs: https://nodecheck.net/s/otusibrc/

• @FrankZ said:
    @tulipyun I bought a Mystery Box that ended up being in group 6. If VirMach will allow it (I'll pay my $3 transfer fee, if you will pay your $3 transfer fee), I'll trade mine for yours, but I won't tell you what it is before hand. So, do you want to trade ?

I tried to understand what you meant, but I failed.

Now we both know that you hold SKU6# and I hold SKU1#, what does it mean to say "but I won't tell you what it is before hand" in such a situation?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

Now we both know that you hold SKU6# and I hold SKU1#, what does it mean to say "but I won't tell you what it is before hand" in such a situation?

it means

mystery box

my goodness

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

it means

mystery box

my goodness

@cybertech said:

@tulipyun said:

@FrankZ said:

it means

mystery box

my goodness

Oh, my bad.

If he's referring to the mystery box, here's my answer:

Before, I would have purchased it, and I did in fact.

Now I won't, and distinguishing between some people and things at a tiny cost is a simple and effective way for someone as stupid as me to do so.

I'm sure you saw the results of yesterday's poll (I don't know why I can't find it anymore) and after something happens, everyone makes their own choices, don't they?

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• edited November 2023

@legendary said: post your invoice number to double your peenus

@yoursunny would say "double my dik"

• Did A Virmach transfer today, took less than 2h for it to be processed.
    Kudos!!

• edited November 2023

My services need to be transferred has been done
    Butt invoices remain
    VirmAch's dev won't verify the frontend input
    neither get bothered to consider the edge cases