VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach - can you please review ticket #627496 - it's just a migrate request. Thanks

• edited November 2023

@cybertech said:
    if you dont understand what "disappointment" means, dont buy anything in foreign language.

here's your next better provider:

I didn’t expect to see Highlander here. I am a shareholder of Highlander. hahaha.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    My services need to be transferred has been done
    Butt invoices remain
    VirmAch's dev won't verify the frontend input
    neither get bothered to consider the edge cases

User error. I heard they clicked the button twice and it seems like they also made the transfer request last minute. We can try to place more restrictions but we were leaning toward some common sense being applied by the requestor. :'(

Cases where you need assistance due to possibly double clicking payment button or needing to do it last minute would fall under needing support and $10 custom transfer.

(edit) Okay so I'm thinking if you double click payment button it cancels the whole request and permanently stops you from using the feature, and if you request it while you have unpaid invoices for the services it just locks you out of your account. Only kidding. A little.

• edited November 2023

@passwa said:

:'(

Giving away vps, you read it right, I will pay 3$ to give away this vps, come on, please send me an email with your transfer address! It's first come first served.
    Edit:The email address is available in my profile!

Thanked by (2)abiaolaoge someTom
  • @passwa said:

@passwa said:

Giving away vps, you read it right, I will pay 3$ to give away this vps, come on, please send me an email with your transfer address! It's first come first served.

Where it at?

• @passwa said:

@passwa said:

Install openwrt on it. fuc* good.

• @passwa said:

@passwa said:

A transfer request has been sent. All right, everybody.

• @passwa said:

@passwa said:

Ah, I guess I'm late.

• @skorous said:

@passwa said:

@passwa said:

Where it at?

Any particular location you're looking for?

• @jqr said:

384MB RAM
    1 CPU
    10GB Disk
    128GB Bandwidth

Got this one. Let's goooo! 😂

FWIW, I installed Alpine on it and this little thing is a freaking beast. Perfect for running caddy with some low-traffic sites. Learned a ton in the process too.

vm:~$ free -m
                  total        used        free      shared  buff/cache   available
    Mem:            349          48         108           2         193         289
    Swap:             0           0           0

Still won't renew it at that price though. 😂

Thanked by (2)skorous ehab

It's pronounced hacker.

• @jqr said: Alpine

It is mainly used in docker, never thought anyone would install it as main system
    O'btw, is your avatar an anal plug?

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    It is mainly used in docker, never thought anyone would install it as main system

It's also used in embedded systems. Honestly, I kind of want to try it on a 128MB box now.

O'btw, is your avatar an anal plug?

Anything's an anal plug if you're brave enough.

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

It's pronounced hacker.

• hi @VirMach, I can't see PayPal payment option when trying to pay my invoices. I am sure I see it available several days before. Is it removed?

• While I know @virmach is busy with Black Friday orders, I wanted to give you a quick reminder not to forget to fix DALZ004 and DALZ007.

• edited November 2023

While I know @virmach is busy with Black Friday orders, I wanted to give you a quick reminder not to forget to reapply thermal paste on the hens

• @julensm said:
    hi @VirMach, I can't see PayPal payment option when trying to pay my invoices. I am sure I see it available several days before. Is it removed?

paypal is only available after a certain value, if you wish to use paypal, you will need to add about $20 credit via paypal, then pay the invoice using the wallet credit.

Thanked by (1)julensm
  • @julensm said:
    hi @VirMach, I can't see PayPal payment option when trying to pay my invoices. I am sure I see it available several days before. Is it removed?

Under $10 bill, Paypal is disabled.

Thanked by (1)julensm
  • tried to add funds ($20) and still no Paypal option. And at my $12 invoice also no PayPal option.
    let's hope it comeback soon

• O' we even get a 5 sec count down when enter VPS control panel

• @Flying_Chinaman said:
    O' we even get a 5 sec count down when enter VPS control panel

Tis a feature quit yer griping

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited November 2023

@AuroraZero said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

It should be add at Terminate Service or Open Ticket button,
    not when entering the control panel.
    That is like treat your customers as dumb ass,
    rather irritating practice

• @passwa said:

@passwa said:

@VirMach Is it possible to offer upgrade options as a paid add-on to upgrade 128MB to 512MB which can have much more use cases and prevent idling to make it eco-friendly? :)

• @DanSummer said:

@skorous said:

@passwa said:

@passwa said:

Where it at?

Any particular location you're looking for?

Nah, was just figuring for free it'd be interesting to see just what it was capable of assuming it was in a location I could make use of.

Thanked by (1)DanSummer
  • @jqr said: It's also used in embedded systems.

I use it as my main OS on VMs too.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • edited November 2023

@tetech said:

@jqr said: It's also used in embedded systems.

I use it as my main OS on VMs too.

Masochist, minimalist or mysophobia?

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@AuroraZero said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:

It should be add at Terminate Service or Open Ticket button,
    not when entering the control panel.
    That is like treat your customers as dumb ass,
    rather irritating practice

Yeah it is at the same time Virmach

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited November 2023

@AuroraZero said: Yeah it is at the same time Virmach

installed his anal plug

Thanked by (1)ehab

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@AuroraZero said: Yeah it is at the same time Virmach

installed his anal plug

Lools like a good one 👍

Thanked by (1)ehab

• LAXA032 "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received"

• @adef_1 said:
    LAXA032 "Operation Timed Out After 90000 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received"

https://status.virm.ac/

https://status.virm.ac/?s=62beefab023dbc141a6c25c8

looks like it needs a reboot. or someones guest has caused a leak and needs to be rebooted.