c1vhosting review: not recommended

2»

Comments

• edited March 18

@carlin0 said:

@bikegremlin said:
    This has already been discussed.
    It’s a low end provider with some flaws (now already well-known on LES).

So, as I said:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/171942/#Comment_171942

So anyone who has grievances for: bad services, undelivered services, missed refunds, and other such things can also thank you for allowing him to continue to do so

I've been one of the first ones to jump into C1V when they firstly released their offers here. All I can say is that I've never needed to open a ticket despite a few of initial issues which were quickly handled by simple LES DMs. I'm not hosting anything intensive, so I can't evaluate if there's overselling or not, but it works for my use case, and for what I've paid for, more than happy.

C1V is not perfect, and yes, I've suffered from network outages like everyone. But cmon, this is fucking basement level prices, and I've been having a waaay better experience with C1V than with the other basement host everyone knows here, who basically "scammed" me.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@carlin0 said:

@bikegremlin said:
    This has already been discussed.
    It’s a low end provider with some flaws (now already well-known on LES).

So, as I said:
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/171942/#Comment_171942

So anyone who has grievances for: bad services, undelivered services, missed refunds, and other such things can also thank you for allowing him to continue to do so

No way to please everyone.
    We try to filter out and prevent scams - as much as possible.

For other stuff - there is a wide range of service quality and prices (even in the low-end sector alone).
    There are reviews and LESbian feedback, so people can make an informed decision (according to their level of acceptable risk).

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• Given the lack of outrage here, I don't think he has negatively impacted enough people here to warrant a cancellation. However, I am also uncertain about the quantity of orders placed though here and the number of clients who are experiencing difficulties.

I don't think providers should be banned here for offences committed on the other forums, unless those offences were very serious in nature.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin skorous
  • MS said:
    Given the lack of outrage here

Surely no lack of outage though

https://www.c1vhosting.it/

Thanked by (3)_MS_ cybertech wankel
  • @foxone said:

MS said:
    Given the lack of outrage here

Surely no lack of outage though

https://www.c1vhosting.it/

SwiftKey kept typing/recommending outage in that line, which I had to correct to outrage.
    Maybe, SwiftKey, the AI keyboard, was right! :smiley:

• c1vhosting Rome is down.
    Dang it, Rome has fallen.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Neoon said:

c1vhosting Rome is down.

Ransacked by Goths...

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Neoon said:

c1vhosting Rome is down.

Infrastructure upgrade, moving hardware to a better facility, set up to be finished by the end of the month (don't ask which month).

• @Neoon said:

c1vhosting Rome is down.

21:27 my VPN to c1v drops, website goes into cloudflare "I'm under attack" mode

On the website, these messages appear:
    22:47 trying to reach Rome/Pomezia POP (couldn't he just walk down from the apartment to the garage?)
    22:57 looking for the outage source...
    23:44 asking for physical support...
    08:42 issue has been found...
    12:31 waiting for Rome provider intervention...

So a single provider going down can bring down the whole POP? The datacenter is advertised as a Tier 3 (1+N) so this should not happen at all.

(in the meanwhile, I wonder how he's currently juggling between going to school and managing a provider)

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited March 19

@foxone said:

@Neoon said:

c1vhosting Rome is down.

21:27 my VPN to c1v drops, website goes into cloudflare "I'm under attack" mode

On the website, these messages appear:
    22:47 trying to reach Rome/Pomezia POP (couldn't he just walk down from the apartment to the garage?)
    22:57 looking for the outage source...
    23:44 asking for physical support...
    08:42 issue has been found...
    12:31 waiting for Rome provider intervention...

So a single provider going down can bring down the whole POP? The datacenter is advertised as a Tier 3 (1+N) so this should not happen at all.

(in the meanwhile, I wonder how he's currently juggling between going to school and managing a provider)

im sure you read wrong, its Budget Tier - State of the Argh

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Everything should be b....

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting
  • Thanks man, the network is up.
    Faster than my expectation.

Thanked by (1)c1vhosting

MicroLXC is lovable.