c1vhosting review: not recommended

Comments

• edited May 22

VPS Uptime: 8 minutes... (after being unavailable for over 45 minutes)

Thanked by (1)someTom
  • c1vhosting.it isn't loading.

Is that another 🚩?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited May 22

i have never seen a tier 3 with so many reboots lol

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:

You are unfair to Luca now!
    First of all it's Tier-3 infrastructure design and this design is about the datacenter (basement), not the actual VPS service that follows the Tier-YOLO design.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited May 22

@Jab said:

@adly said:

@RapToN said:

@adly said:

Additionally, PayPal states business accounts can’t receive friends & family payments anymore, so I guess they’re also using a personal account for business activity.

That can't really be, because I have a business account and at the weekend I was still able to receive money as family and friends. (Not for any kind of business ofc)

🤷‍♂️ Just basing it on the PayPal website - "You can no longer accept friends and family payments on your Business account. However, if you’d like to receive friends and family payments, you can use or create a Personal account. If you don’t use other business products with your account, you can also change your Business account to a Personal account." - here.

As of July 28, 2022, US Business accounts can no longer receive friends and family payments from US senders.

PayPal is a global brand... with a lot of local country-level rules [totally expected as they payment processor/mony app etc].

Fair comment, I assumed it was more universal as it also applies in the UK (here), Canada (here), and potentially other countries.

• Don't make me get my Bingo card

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• @Jab said:

@cybertech said:

You are unfair to Luca now!
    First of all it's Tier-3 infrastructure design and this design is about the datacenter (basement), not the actual VPS service that follows the Tier-YOLO design.

Its on the 3rd floor, hence Tier 3.

youtube.com/watch?v=k1BneeJTDcU

• @TheDP said:

@Encoders said: sigh i should've noticed this sooner. you live and learn i guess

Not trying to rub salt in the wound or anything, but it's also another immediate 🚩 when a provider, or business, claims and advertises being:

1. Italy's premier data center
    2. cutting-edge datacenter in Pomezia, near Rome
    3. Italy's Leading Data Center
    4. Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia

However, you find no visual evidence of such a facility anywhere on the Internet, including, and most importantly, their own website :smiley:

No offense meant to the provider but we all know "basement" providers do exist in the LowEndWorld and we're somewhat happy to accept when they're transparent about it.

ahahah.

powered by: bullshit.js

I'm going to add "AI-powered" on that list

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• Here we go again.... unreachable or pingtimes of 2500+ ms... (Normally around 30 to 40)

Thanked by (1)Freek
    edited May 24

@c1vhosting is this normal for Tier 3 infrastructure design?

can you refund affected customers who have lost faith in your services?

• @cybertech said:

Choose one of the next 4 answers:

• There was no problem
    • Please send a ticket through our advanced AI powered ticketing system (or mail as non-Italians call it)
    • Please wait one month, we're improving
    • You didn't use the Friends & Family option in Paypal, so we can't
    Thanked by (2)Freek runbiscuit

@Calypso said:

@cybertech said:

Choose one of the next 4 answers:

• There was no problem
    • Please send a ticket through our advanced AI powered ticketing system (or mail as non-Italians call it)
    • Please wait one month, we're improving
    • You didn't use the Friends & Family option in Paypal, so we can't

Thanked by (1)ehab

• edited May 24

"On Saturday 25th, we will be performing all-day maintenance on the electrical line. Please use our services as little as possible and prefer backups."

LOL... isn't that always the case? Use c1vhosting services as little as possible and prefer others?

Also:

• Why only put such a notice on your website and not inform customers otherwise?
    • How long can you need to update your website?
    • Tier 3 should ofcourse facilitate maintenance on power without a doubt...

what 24/7 support team?

lolol

• @cybertech said:
    what 24/7 support team?

lolol

The AI powered automatic ticket responder. AKA the autoreply option.

• @cybertech said:
    what 24/7 support team?

lolol

Support only on 24/7 --> July 24th

• JabJab
    edited May 24

Welp, seems IPv6 > IPv4. Nice promo for the SIIX aka Southern Italy Internet Exchange.

RECENT DOWNTIMES
    IPv6:
    Start Time End Time Down Info
    24 May 13:09 24 May 13:11 2min
    24 May 09:27 24 May 09:31 4min
    24 May 08:25 24 May 08:27 2min
    24 May 08:07 24 May 08:15 8min

IPv4:
    RECENT DOWNTIMES
    Start Time End Time Down Info
    24 May 09:27 24 May 11:37 2hr 10min
    24 May 09:21 24 May 09:23 2min
    24 May 09:08 24 May 09:18 10min
    24 May 08:22 24 May 09:07 45min
    24 May 08:07 24 May 08:17 10min

THE FUTURE IS NOW! They can post updates from the future (15:40 last update vs 15:06 real time...), must be hella of AI.

Thanked by (2)Freek runbiscuit

• @Jab said:
    THE FUTURE IS NOW! They can post updates from the future (15:40 last update vs 15:06 real time...), must be hella of AI.

That timestamp of last update was there already this morning. So apparantly it is a message of yesterday, or the day before, or...

That's why I mentioned "How long can you need to update your website?"...

• @Neoon said:

c1vhosting Rome is down.
    Dang it, Rome has fallen.

Yet again, since 1 day sire.

• @Calypso said: That timestamp of last update was there already this morning. So apparantly it is a message of yesterday, or the day before, or...

I PREFER FUTURE-ENABLED EXTRA VIRGIN AI rather than incompetent provider that can't even update the fuckup page, OKEY!?

• @Jab said:

Very interesting that a TIER 3 (DESIGN) DC can go down due to 'maintenance on the electrical line'.

Please use our services as little as possible and prefer backups. ROFL.

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.

• I think C1VHosting deadpooled at this point.

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • @Neoon said:
    I think C1VHosting deadpooled at this point.

Nah, he's renovating the garage data center. You have no idea how beautiful the pictures of the garage data center will be, especially from the right corner.

Thanked by (2)carlin0 adly
  • NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 26

@Mumbly said:

@Neoon said:

Nah, he's renovating the garage data center. You have no idea how beautiful the pictures of the garage data center will be, especially from the right corner.

The VPS on my Node never has been down 3 days.
    Its a sign from the lord, jesus christ.

The end is near, amen.

• JabJab
    edited May 26

It's not that bad!

/s

• @Jab said: It's not that bad!

So he did not lie after all when he said that it will be better. When I was hosted with them, the uptime was around 93%. They are improving!

• edited May 26

@Neoon said: I think C1VHosting deadpooled at this point.

Sadly I thought exactly the same, but I hope I'm wrong.

@Calin iHostArt has performed it before: At first the VPS was unstable but acceptable considering the price, then with every update or maintenance the VPS got worse in CPU load, traffic speed, uptime, etc, at last the service terminate in advance.

My VPS (1 vCore) got online hours ago, but the load keeps about 4.00, previous logins via SSH took less than 2 seconds, but this time was more than 2 minutes and the .bashrc was not loaded, prompting a bash5.2 $ or something when finally logged in successfully. And a simple command like ls took seconds to respond.

Don't reboot, or you will not be able to log into the system for a while like me (only reachable via ping).

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• @bliss said:

@Neoon said: I think C1VHosting deadpooled at this point.

Sadly I thought exactly the same, but I hope I'm wrong.

@Calin iHostArt has performed it before: At first the VPS was unstable but acceptable considering the price, then with every update or maintenance the VPS got worse in CPU load, traffic speed, uptime, etc, at last the service terminate in advance.

My VPS (1 vCore) got online hours ago, but the load keeps about 4.00, previous logins via SSH took less than 2 seconds, but this time was more than 2 minutes and the .bashrc was not loaded, prompting a bash5.2 $ or something when finally logged in successfully. And a simple command like ls took seconds to respond.

Don't reboot, or you will not be able to log into the system for a while like me (only reachable via ping).

I hoped that restarting would fix the problem. As you mentioned, I am now unable to connect to the server.💔

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

@Neoon said:

@Mumbly said:

@Neoon said:

The VPS on my Node never has been down 3 days.
    Its a sign from the lord, jesus christ.

The end is near, amen.

The AI sensed your vibes :)

Mine's been up for 3 days. Definitely much slower than at launch though