c1vhosting review: not recommended

Comments

• Thanked by (1)bliss
  • AI kicked in on my VPS... while CPU steal wasn't that bad before, it's now (over the last 19 hours) an average of 40% CPU steal. And never below 25%...

And just to be sure: my VPS was not ordered while there was a mention of "low performance" in the offer.

• havochavoc OGContent Writer

sigh...mine broke too

• edited May 26

VPS has been rebooted - apparantly the "AI" didn't want to look into the source of the CPU Steal and just rebooted the whole host or something...

Added: Apparantly a mail has been sent out:

"We are writing to inform you of an urgent maintenance scheduled for 26 May 2024 to address a server issue affecting VPS performance.
    Maintenance Details:
    • Date: 26 May 2024
    • Time: 15:30 to 16:30 CET
    • Estimated Downtime: 45 minutes
    During this time, there may be brief service interruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding as we work to improve your service."

Mail is dated 15:15, however it has only been sent out @16:22... (CET)

Great stuff...

Also "we work to improve your service". It's only getting worse...

• @Calypso said: Mail is dated 15:15, however it has only been sent out @16:22... (CET)
    Great stuff...
    Also "we work to improve your service". It's only getting worse.

My VPS is fine now, but I'm not sure how long it will last.
    Hope C1V will fix other VPS and have a brand new week.

MicroLXC is lovable. Uptime of C1V

• CalinCalin Hosting Provider

@bliss said: @Calin iHostArt has performed it before: At first the VPS was unstable but acceptable considering the price, then with every update or maintenance the VPS got worse in CPU load, traffic speed, uptime, etc, at last the service terminate in advance.

>

Hello what VPS you have? It's from old deals? Because all VPS what we sell right now it's impossible to meet problems with load , CPU steal , or other things ,single problems what we meet it's network speed

Regards

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • edited May 26

@Calin said: Hello what VPS you have? It's from old deals?

Thanks for replying, your attitude is always good.

Yes, it was "VPS Storage NAT 2" with 50 GB storage, 1 GB memory after being doubled by your kindness for only $5.69 yearly, plus the next-week-delivered IPv6 which never comes.
    And one month you said the service would continue in spite of being unstable, then the next month you announced the termination of that in advance.

I'm sorry but it seems C1V is repeating what iHostArt has done:
    1. attracting price with acceptable instabilities;
    2. endless update or maintenance with the result of worse service quality;
    3. service termination in advance.

I'm not complaining here, actually I've been praising C1V and iHostArt for being friendly, kind many times. I know the price of cheap products.

Anyway, my VPS went online again, and I hope everyone has working VPS as well.
    Enjoy your weekend.

Thanked by (1)Calin

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited May 27

@c1vhosting

the true wealth of a company is its availability towards the customer

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• c1vhosting IPv4 website is now UP
    Downtime: 18 hr 39 min

We back bois (or at least I am back :D)

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• ... and we're back again after a 18,5 hour downtime ...

• Very solid network 👼

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• @carlin0 said:
    Very solid network 👼

Not only network. Also power. Very resilient also. Nameservers both in the same /24. And ofcourse the excellent ways of supplying information to customers.

• @Jab said:
    c1vhosting IPv4 website is now UP

T3 DC! T3 DC! T3 DC!

Thanked by (1)carlin0

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired

@Encoders said:

@Jab said:

T3 DC! T3 DC! T3 DC!

Miss!!!!!!

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @Encoders said:

@Jab said:

T3 DC! T3 DC! T3 DC!

AI: I see a pattern here. Room for improvement on the 22nd. I'm onto it.

• @Encoders said:

@Jab said:

T3 DC! T3 DC! T3 DC!

C1V hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center =)

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

so very tier 3!

• @Neoon said: So far.

I can feel your disappointment through the sreen.
    Mine is about 95% which may be barely usable, while 83.847% is way too disappointing.

• @bliss said:

@Neoon said: So far.

Mine is about 95% which may be barely usable, while 83.847% is way too disappointing.

@Neoon said:
    So far.

7 days: 57% uptime
    30 days: 85% uptime
    3 months: 87% uptime
    6 months: 85% uptime

Based on 30s ping check ("down" if > 60% loss out of 5 pings)

Thanked by (1)bliss
  • AuroraZeroAuroraZero Retired

@Calypso said:

@bliss said:

@Neoon said: So far.

@Neoon said:
    So far.

7 days: 57% uptime
    30 days: 85% uptime
    3 months: 87% uptime
    6 months: 85% uptime

Based on 30s ping check ("down" if > 60% loss out of 5 pings)

Premium down time!

Thanked by (1)carlin0

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• @c1vhosting said:

@kheng86 said:
    I was able to start the VPS from CP ;)

Thanks! No servers were down.

No servers were down, they were just unreachable

Thanked by (1)bmoto
  • @dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@kheng86 said:

Spoken like a true politician

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• @Freek said:

@dev_vps said:

@c1vhosting said:

@kheng86 said:

Spoken like a true politician

I should have marked /s for clarity. I was just trying to come out of excuse c1v style that is Tier-3.

• @carlin0 said:
    Very solid network 👼

Agreed. /s

• Hey, even more downtime! At least this time to managed to send e-mails before the maintenance, but calling this scheduled with 4 hours notice is a fucking joke. Tier-3 design!

We are scheduled to perform an upgrade on our core IP network.

This operation involves adding a VRRP node to the core router infrastructure on our primary router and installing a secondary router to prevent issues like the one that occurred a few days ago. We will provide a post detailing how we handled the situation and the measures we've set to prevent further occurrences.

The maintenance is set to commence on May 29, 2024, at 3:00 PM CEST and will conclude around 8:00 PM CEST. While we anticipate no downtime, you may notice a minor change in routing.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:
    Hey, even more downtime! At least this time to managed to send e-mails before the maintenance, but calling this scheduled with 4 hours notice is a fucking joke. Tier-3 design!

Got the mail too. At least it's more time for the notice as earlier this week when I got the mail 5 minutes before it started.

Anyway, routing was gone short time ago for 5 minutes - so that's already more downtime.

BTW: "Tier 3" usually is only for power and cooling.

• @bmoto said:

@carlin0 said:
    Very solid network 👼

Agreed. /s

Network is fast my man. /s

How are you... online?

• teamaccteamacc OG
    edited May 29

@Jab said:
    Hey, even more downtime! At least this time to managed to send e-mails before the maintenance, but calling this scheduled with 4 hours notice is a fucking joke. Tier-3 design!

This operation involves adding a VRRP node to the core router infrastructure on our primary router and installing a secondary router to prevent issues like the one that occurred a few days ago. We will provide a post detailing how we handled the situation and the measures we've set to prevent further occurrences.

The maintenance is set to commence on May 29, 2024, at 3:00 PM CEST and will conclude around 8:00 PM CEST. While we anticipate no downtime, you may notice a minor change in routing.

"while we anticipate no downtime"

I got about half an hour of downtime (hetrix) in a 2 hour window... 25% downtime is "no downtime" in basement-host lingo right?

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

@teamacc said:

@Jab said:

"while we anticipate no downtime"

I got about half an hour of downtime (hetrix) in a 2 hour window... 25% downtime is "no downtime" in basement-host lingo right?

no, it just wasnt anticipated.