c1vhosting review: not recommended

Comments

• @cybertech said:

@teamacc said:

@Jab said:
    Hey, even more downtime! At least this time to managed to send e-mails before the maintenance, but calling this scheduled with 4 hours notice is a fucking joke. Tier-3 design!

We are scheduled to perform an upgrade on our core IP network.

This operation involves adding a VRRP node to the core router infrastructure on our primary router and installing a secondary router to prevent issues like the one that occurred a few days ago. We will provide a post detailing how we handled the situation and the measures we've set to prevent further occurrences.

The maintenance is set to commence on May 29, 2024, at 3:00 PM CEST and will conclude around 8:00 PM CEST. While we anticipate no downtime, you may notice a minor change in routing.

"while we anticipate no downtime"

I got about half an hour of downtime (hetrix) in a 2 hour window... 25% downtime is "no downtime" in basement-host lingo right?

no, it just wasnt anticipated.

c1vhosting: Uptime is totally unintentional and must be regarded as an unfortionate incident.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Calypso said:

@cybertech said:

@teamacc said:

@Jab said:
    Hey, even more downtime! At least this time to managed to send e-mails before the maintenance, but calling this scheduled with 4 hours notice is a fucking joke. Tier-3 design!

We are scheduled to perform an upgrade on our core IP network.

This operation involves adding a VRRP node to the core router infrastructure on our primary router and installing a secondary router to prevent issues like the one that occurred a few days ago. We will provide a post detailing how we handled the situation and the measures we've set to prevent further occurrences.

The maintenance is set to commence on May 29, 2024, at 3:00 PM CEST and will conclude around 8:00 PM CEST. While we anticipate no downtime, you may notice a minor change in routing.

"while we anticipate no downtime"

I got about half an hour of downtime (hetrix) in a 2 hour window... 25% downtime is "no downtime" in basement-host lingo right?

no, it just wasnt anticipated.

c1vhosting: Uptime is totally unintentional and must be regarded as an unfortionate incident.

the downtime did not contact them.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @adly said:

@hornet said:
    Just a little PayPal info: The monetary difference between a normal PayPal transaction and a "Friends & Family" transaction is a 2.9% surcharge (here in North America). For ad hoc PayPal sales, I will just charge price + 2.9% or simply 103% (for ease of calculation). I've been with PayPal since 1998, and they have always been reasonable in my experience.
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update

Hopefully you're in a country where you’re allowed to charge a surcharge. The UK, for example, went further than banning card payment surcharges and included providers like PayPal.

Just curious, are you saying that a kebab shop, for example, can not have different cash vs. card prices by United Kingdom law?

• @hornet said:

@adly said:

@hornet said:
    Just a little PayPal info: The monetary difference between a normal PayPal transaction and a "Friends & Family" transaction is a 2.9% surcharge (here in North America). For ad hoc PayPal sales, I will just charge price + 2.9% or simply 103% (for ease of calculation). I've been with PayPal since 1998, and they have always been reasonable in my experience.
    https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/merchant-intangibles-update

Hopefully you're in a country where you’re allowed to charge a surcharge. The UK, for example, went further than banning card payment surcharges and included providers like PayPal.

Just curious, are you saying that a kebab shop, for example, can not have different cash vs. card prices by United Kingdom law?

Exactly that, but doesn't prevent the kebab shop from only accepting cash.

Thanked by (1)adly
  • Well, 9 months have passed, renewal is coming up.

@Neoon said:
    Well, 9 months have passed, renewal is coming up.

will you renew?

• JabJab
    edited June 3

@cybertech said:

@Neoon said:
    Well, 9 months have passed, renewal is coming up.

will you renew?

More like... will he send physical mail to C1V to cancel!? :D

Thanked by (1)cybertech

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• No news, good news 👼

"He sounds like hearing him say to the liquor merchant: you who sell it what buys you better ?"
    F. De André --- Free NAT KVM

• edited June 9

Maintenance will begin on June 9, 2024 at 3:00 PM CEST and will end around 8:00 PM CEST.
    While we don't expect any downtime, you may notice:

• small change to the route
    • short latency issues
    • disconnections

Based on experiences in the past where "no downtime" was expected: expect downtime. >50% chance of "serious downtime".

• Fun

Thanked by (1)sh97

• @Jab said:

Fun

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • host_chost_c Hosting Provider

Vengaboys, =) =) =)

Thanked by (1)_MS_

Host-C - VPS Services Provider - AS211462

"If there is no struggle there is no progress"

• JabJab
    edited June 10

c1vhosting is one big Maintenance.

Oh and just to be a clear - those are not maintenance like "we will be doing something with our secondary backup router, you shouldn't notice anything" like other providers have - every one of those maintenance means downtime.

Those are the one he managed to use AI to send a message. Some of those are with 2 days heads-up. Some of those are with hours heads-up, some of those are after the maintenance window.
    Also some of those are Ordinary and some are upcoming whatever that means :D

Thanked by (1)runbiscuit

• C1V is a high maintenance girl host.

even virmach has more uptime than c1v

• edited June 11

@cybertech said:
    even virmach has more uptime than c1v

Maybe C1V is competing to be at the bottom of every list and if you look from the bottom up they are number 1.

• @Jab said:

The Ordinary one made me chuckle.

Thanked by (1): c1vhosting.
    LinuxFreek.com

• Running for 6+ days ....

• @Jab said:

Oh and just to be a clear - those are not maintenance like "we will be doing something with our secondary backup router, you shouldn't notice anything" like other providers have - every one of those maintenance means downtime.

Those are the one he managed to use AI to send a message. Some of those are with 2 days heads-up. Some of those are with hours heads-up, some of those are after the maintenance window.

lmao.
    this is why being the server up for 6 days are such accomplishment, enough to brag it in this brazilian chancla enthusiast forum.
    like bruh, actual server inside T3 DC would easily have years of uptime without network interruption at all. pathetic.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• _MS__MS_ OG
    edited June 13

@Encoders said: actual server inside T3 DC would easily have years of uptime without network interruption at all.

That's a simple yet great point against his T3 AI XYZ DC claims. I remember a Shared Hosting server hosted at Hetzner having 1000+ days/3+ years of uptime. Now, that's a proper DC.

• @dev_vps said:
    Running for 6+ days ....

This is my basement server running proxmox on a mini pc with no ECC ram and hard drives connected via USB3.0 hubs.
    (cursed setup used as a baseline of how stable a cursed setup can be)

ed@proxmox-lab:~$ uptime
    15:55:00 up 416 days, 17:19,  3 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.14, 0.14

Thanked by (1)Freek
  • @foxone said:

@dev_vps said:
    Running for 6+ days ....

This is my basement server running proxmox on a mini pc with no ECC ram and hard drives connected via USB3.0 hubs.

ed@proxmox-lab:~$ uptime
    15:55:00 up 416 days, 17:19,  3 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.14, 0.14

Well, you can read my past posts and c1v is not a provider that I recommend.

I am using this VPS for a particular use case and will be sharing my experience as it is.

• @foxone said:

Great example of how it could be done with similar hardware as C1V is using...

• Many people are deceived by C1Vhosting

• URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• Guess whos network died, died again.
    You will never guess.

• @Jab said:
    Guess whos network died, died again.
    You will never guess.

cociu's? 🫨

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    You will never guess.

Hello!
    Working on it

C1V Hosting: Italy's Leading Data Center | Unbeatable VPS, Dedicated Servers, and Colocation | Cutting-Edge Facilities in Pomezia | Where Your Success Takes Center Stage.
    🚀 Follow us on Telegram 🚀

• @c1vhosting said:

@Jab said:
    You will never guess.

Hello!
    Working on it

How many of the formarly tier three redundant routers/power delivery/dark fibers died?

• edited 10:46AM

@Jab said:
    You will never guess.

c1vhosting,They can't even meet the requirement of being online for 7 consecutive days,Offline every day, maintained every day

The terrifying online rate is only 60%

CPU single core performance is only 200 points

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22566129

I don't know what people can do with this