cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• @Lee said:
    Not suggesting they are Deadpool but it does seem suspicious that they had 'issues' with GTS and 'made the decision' to move to Telia now GTS is suing them for a 60k EUR debt. So it does appear that GTS was cutting them off due to unpaid debts.

And in some month Telia is sueing him for unpaid debts?

• @bjo said:

@Lee said:
    Not suggesting they are Deadpool but it does seem suspicious that they had 'issues' with GTS and 'made the decision' to move to Telia now GTS is suing them for a 60k EUR debt. So it does appear that GTS was cutting them off due to unpaid debts.

Did I just read 60k in debt? oh boy.

• @bjo said:

@Lee said:

Who knows, a while ago he switched from Liberty Global to GTS after a long downtime. Might be the same issue.

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

Has there been any response from @cociu ?

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @mikho said:
    Has there been any response from @cociu ?

no. he last visited OGF on may 11th according to the profile.

• I still believe he will comeback and explain in his way what is/was going on. hopefully no health issues.

Thanked by (3)Falzo vimalware Janevski
  • AbdullahAbdullah Hosting ProviderOG

I still believe he will comeback and explain in his way what is/was going on.

same, I have 1 vps from his sales everything working fine.
    I guess he's busy with chia :p

• An anonymous source says that cociu is downgrading every storage server to RAID0, so that he can use the spare hard drives to set up world's largest CHIA plotting & farming operation, along with the Ryzens he promised last month.
    HostSolutions so far has contributed 2700PB of storage into the CHIA blockchain, and this number is still growing rapidly.
    He hasn't spoken out so far because he's busy in an attempt of 51% attack on the blockchain.
    When he succeeds, he'll have enough money to pay for all the sisters as well as the triple credits he offered in past few years.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• williewillie OG
    edited May 2021

One of my two storage VM's there is working ok, other one seems to have had a change in IP address (maybe one of the network changeovers a while back), doesn't respond to ping, times out when I try to reboot or stop server from client area. Client area otherwise works but seems slower than usual. Will try to reinstall server since nothing is on it, but I think it may be unreachable even from client area.

Added: I opened a ticket about the inaccessible server, also asking if everything is all right at hostsolutions, and linking to this thread. I got the usual automated response right away saying the ticket was open, so at least that much is working.

• InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

Well, that is a shame, some questionable events in the past but there was always some "questionable events" with that setup, I personally wish Marius all the best, probably a very stressful time.

-Ant.

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• In a similar boat as others. My storage VPS is down, but my other non-storage server is the same location is working fine (same goes for my Norway server).

I'm personally not too concerned, since I have nothing important on these servers anyways (and even so it's backed up elsewhere), but hopefully everything is "OK" and it's just a technical issue with the storage servers.

• It's weird that some Servers stopped working at the same time while others are still running in the same DC.
    Smells like he got visited by the Police again and they seized some Servers.
    Just Speculation

• mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@ThomasP said:
    It's weird that some Servers stopped working at the same time while others are still running in the same DC.
    Smells like he got visited by the Police again and they seized some Servers.
    Just Speculation

@willie said:
    One of my two storage VM's there is working ok, other one seems to have had a change in IP address (maybe one of the network changeovers a while back), doesn't respond to ping, times out when I try to reboot or stop server from client area. Client area otherwise works but seems slower than usual. Will try to reinstall server since nothing is on it, but I think it may be unreachable even from client area.

Added: I opened a ticket about the inaccessible server, also asking if everything is all right at hostsolutions, and linking to this thread. I got the usual automated response right away saying the ticket was open, so at least that much is working.

Do you remember the FSCK that took 1 week/month to finish?
    One could hope (?) that this time its something similar and not something worse.

@InceptionHosting said:
    Well, that is a shame, some questionable events in the past but there was always some "questionable events" with that setup, I personally wish Marius all the best, probably a very stressful time.

-Ant.

I also wish Marius the best, not that we have done business or talked much in the past but he has always been around.

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @ehab said:
    I still believe he will comeback and explain in his way what is/was going on. hopefully no health issues.

But, in all seriousness. Even though I have issues accepting him as trustable business, I agree with "hopefully no health issues".
    You are a good guy, @ehab. Thank you for always caring about others. I hope you are doing well, too?

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @Amitz thanks and nice to hear from you.

anything new in life?

Thanked by (2)Amitz vimalware
  • @Amitz said:

@ehab said:
    I still believe he will comeback and explain in his way what is/was going on. hopefully no health issues.

But, in all seriousness. Even though I have issues accepting him as trustable business, I agree with "hopefully no health issues".
    You are a good guy, @ehab. Thank you for always caring about others. I hope you are doing well, too?

Amitz amitz amitz welcome back

Thanked by (1)Amitz

Dentistry is my passion

• The main point still remains unanswered , all NVME , SSD nodes are running , only storage offline :o :o

• Maybe those HDDs were sold to chia miners, better than mining himself.

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @kuduku said: The main point still remains unanswered , all NVME , SSD nodes are running , only storage offline

I have two 1TB storage plans there. One is offline and one is working. No response to my ticket so far, but sometimes that takes a while.

• @kuduku said: The main point still remains unanswered , all NVME , SSD nodes are running , only storage offline :o :o

( sigh ) I went to go look at something and his system quasi-renewed a box I marked cancel at end of billing period. It appears to have gotten confused so it applied some of my credit to it, left the 'unpaid' $0.00 invoice open, and it still has a cancel pending.

• @ehab said: anything new in life?

Always the same. But different each time. ;)

Thanked by (1)Ympker

Amitz, a very stable genius (it's true!) and Grand Rectumfier of the official LESLOS® (LES League of Shitposters).
    Certified braindead since 1974 and still perfectly happy.

• @Amitz said:

@ehab said: anything new in life?

Always the same. But different each time. ;)

Thanked by (1)Amitz
  • @Freek said: Hmm, isn't the downtime related to the 10G uplink upgrade he had/was planning?

That maybe ?

• Wait, what?

• Something at least.

Thanked by (1)willie

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Failed UPS = 1 week downtime?

Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @debaser said:
    Failed UPS = 1 week downtime?

If it results in an extended fsck, then sure.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Hey teamacc. You're a dick. (c) Jon Biloh, 2020.

• @teamacc said: If it results in an extended fsck, then sure.

So you have plenty of time while that is happening to send an email to customers, post a quick notification where many of your customers will see it and spread the word and so on.

He is either on the way out or just a complete dick. He is certainly the latter, just of a question of whether it is also the former.

Thanked by (2)Amitz mikho
  • @teamacc said:

@debaser said:
    Failed UPS = 1 week downtime?

If it results in an extended fsck, then sure.

After that last hellacious fsck you'd think he'd have put a different oversized UPS on each power supply.

• I thought the last hellacious fsck was partly because the servers were online and active at the time. For this type of service I think it is best to take them offline completely for fsck, raid rebuild, and the like. No response yet to my ticket of 2 days ago fwiw.

This discussion has been closed.