cociu - hostsolutions.ro - NETSILVANIA | Bankruptcy/dead pool?

Comments

• @vyas said:
    Dont know what is scarier in the LET thread on the topic.
    Jsg rambles or jsg declaring he is @seriesn fanboy.

And I thought Jay was cool

@cybertech said:

@vyas said:
    Dont know what is scarier in the LET thread on the topic.
    Jsg rambles or jsg declaring he is @seriesn fanboy.

And I thought Jay was cool

how about both.

and nexusbytes better not slip up ever , or prepare for a 10,000 word essay from @jsg

Thanked by (2)cybertech lentro
  • InceptionHostingInceptionHosting Hosting ProviderOG

@seriesn said: prepare for a 10,000 word essay from @jsg

Just a small one then?

Thanked by (1)Amitz

https://inceptionhosting.com
    Please do not use the PM system here for Inception Hosting support issues.

• seriesnseriesn OG
    edited May 2021

@mikho @Mason as the provider showed close to no remorse and went mia, during this catastrophic outage, do you think it is fair to ask, to protect our users and community members, if this person can be removed from "Verified" list of provider until they have redeemed themselves?

Thanked by (2)Mason Amitz
  • mikhomikho AdministratorOG

@seriesn said:
    @mikho @Mason as the provider showed close to no remorse and went mia, during this catastrophic outage, do you think it is fair to ask, to protect our users and community members, if this person can be removed from "Verified" list of provider until they have redeemed themselves?

Its been on my mind for some time.
    Haven’t done anything yet as he has not visited since LES started.

For the sake of it, I will remove his provider tag and strike his name from the provider list.

Thanked by (2)Mason Amitz

“Technology is best when it brings people together.” – Matt Mullenweg

• @seriesn said: went mia

Just as you mention him :)

• LeeLee OG
    edited May 2021

See there is your issue, penny-pinching on new drives. It's not a case of 'I need to get clients back up asap', it's 'I am not willing to pay for drives to get clients back up asap'.

Still don't believe 400 drives were fried in a power outage.

Can't answer tickets within weeks never mind minutes or hours.

This is a provider that really does not care about clients, lies to cover the truth and yet so many still justify his actions. Someone said on LET "two weeks downtime is included in the price" which is why he will get away with this because that is the mentality of his clients in general.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@Lee said: Can't answer tickets within weeks never mind minutes or hours.

Not to mention there has been zero communication outside of his couple of short messages on LET. No emails. No status updates in the control panel. Nothing. If I wasn't a member of LES, I would have zero knowledge of what's going on and undoubtedly would not have gotten a response via ticket if I had put one in.

For the record, I do have a storage box affected by this incident. And to be honest, I do fall into the category of people who would write this off if he goes poof or somehow manages to get things back online and running in the coming days/weeks/months. I viewed the money I was giving him as a gamble ($50 for 3 years of 1TB storage.... lol). So it goes.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @Mason said:

Not to mention there has been zero communication outside of his couple of short messages on LET. No emails. No status updates in the control panel. Nothing. If I wasn't a member of LES, I would have zero knowledge of what's going on and undoubtedly would not have gotten a response via ticket if I had put one in.

For the record, I do have a storage box affected by this incident. And to be honest, I do fall into the category of people who would write this off if he goes poof or somehow manages to get things back online and running in the coming days/weeks/months. I viewed the money I was giving him as a gamble ($50 for 3 years of 1TB storage.... lol). So it goes.

This is the right mentality to have, I am also among the affected, but I treated it as a third-level backup. If it's unavailable, oh darn, but it's no real skin off my back. You'd be insane to rely on his services for production use.

Thanked by (3)Mason skorous vimalware

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• williewillie OG
    edited May 2021

At least around here there doesn't seem to have been a big jump in HDD or SSD prices. Maybe a small increase but no 2x out anything like that. Yeah I'm in same boat as Mason. I figure those of us who bought this stuff knew what we were getting into, so I hope it works out, but it not, oh well. LES is the Most Eisley Cantina of hosting and anyone who wanted something different came to the wrong place.

Thanked by (1)Mason
  • @Lee said:
    See there is your issue, penny-pinching on new drives. It's not a case of 'I need to get clients back up asap', it's 'I am not willing to pay for drives to get clients back up asap'.

Still don't believe 400 drives were fried in a power outage.

Can't answer tickets within weeks never mind minutes or hours.

This is a provider that really does not care about clients, lies to cover the truth and yet so many still justify his actions. Someone said on LET "two weeks downtime is included in the price" which is why he will get away with this because that is the mentality of his clients in general.

I had to call him out on that. It looks like he is sadly your typical sales guy. Just trying to obfuscate things instead saying sorry bro, we fucked up.

The 0 care for his client is just straight up disgusting. If you can’t afford to do something, say it and call it a day. Seriously. That’s all it takes and most let folks will actually be happy with that.

Thanked by (3)Lee RapToN beagle
  • FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

I've been screaming 'THIS IS NOT OK' for a long time OGF for a while now. I'll continue to do so because if he can bullshit his way out of this hole, we'll see another credit match soon, or another '4 year prepay' offer to pay todays bills with tomorrow's money.

Many of us have seen this before. While I don't get that many, I do get people that ask me to price match his offerings; "Hi yes, I need 10TB but for $90/3y". Things like that. I'm sure the more budget LE providers, the ones that post on OGF, get even more.

OGF doesn't give a fuck because Jon needs the views to sell ads. He unbanned basically everyone the other day just to get people back on. Infact, I can't even see viewership numbers for page views on the ads, it's a flat "buy this spot".

It's how they run their sites and their companies. Extremely short term gains and they'll try to figure out how to pay the bills down the road. They did it with their VPS brands where they made hosting at CC basically toxic. They did it with their dedicated servers where the only way to get people in is to offer insane bundles (E5 + /24 for $180/month?). They sold to every spammer they could and got hard listed late last year. They're behaving now but they'll come back.

They need the HS threads for the views. Any other hosting community would've yeeted him MANY major outages ago and told him to fix things before they can continue advertising. HS is reliant on LE to stay afloat, though. So much I bet that if LE refused him the ability to have ANY sort of sales posted ('email forwards', his own postings, bumping old sales threads, mentions of the name), he would fold quick.

Top management doesn't care. Raindog does his damndest to do what he can w/o rocking the boat too much.

Besides, anything the admins/mods do, Biloh just undoes. The amount of times that RN's threads have been 'unsunk' would make everyones head spin. The Hostnamaste dude has been banned multiple times by admins/mods because he broke the rules but he was allowed to, and even went into threads bragging about how he was 'unbannable'.

It's just a shitty community.

Francisco

• LeeLee OG
    edited May 2021

@Francisco said: if he can bullshit his way out of this hole

Doesn't have to in reality. It's like so many are holding a vigil waiting for him to recover without complaint. People know they can't get what he offers elsewhere so they remain bent over for him.

I mean seriously, how fucked up are the internal processes that he cannot simply send out an email to all affected users with a 2 line holding email..

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • I'm already reaching for my wallet (not!)

Thanked by (3)ehab kuroneko23 Mason
  • @beagle said:

was that now?

• beagle said:

I'm already reaching for my wallet (not!)

No one posted that on OGF yet (sadly). I want to see jsg reactions.

Thanked by (1)vimalware
  • @ehab said:

@beagle said:

was that now?

Yes, 9 min ago.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@beagle said:

@ehab said:

@beagle said:

was that now?

Yes, 9 min ago.

This is a joke, right? Please tell me this is a joke.

That is so fsck'd

Thanked by (1)beagle

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• its like

• edited May 2021

@beagle said:

1GB plan is €44 after discount.
    No IPv6.
    96% uptime (14 days downtime in a year).

I can have 1GB Ryzen 99% uptime at $16/year.
    Not worth it.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• NeoonNeoon OG
    edited May 2021

@yoursunny said:

@beagle said:

No IPv6.

Not worth it.

Reduce it by 4 for Deals on BF, or divide it by 2.6 while having BF.
    So does look like regular pricing, no deal.

• @seriesn said:

@beagle said:

Prem fuck you to existing customers.

Don't knock it too hard, they need revenue to cover the cost of the recovery, that and the hole in the finances from offering a year's free service for those affected.

• FranciscoFrancisco Hosting ProviderOG

My tinfoil is on so tight that my heads about to pop.

Dude yeeted his drives to pay for the ryzen's. There, I said it.

OGF hid/deleted the offer thread. It was exactly like I said. Send a mass email and hope someone posts an 'offer thread' on his behalf.

Francisco

• @cochon said:

@seriesn said:

@beagle said:

Prem fuck you to existing customers.

Don't knock it too hard, they need revenue to cover the cost of the recovery, that and the hole in the finances from offering a year's free service for those affected.

Guy didn’t send a single email to effected customers. Not even one saying I am sorry. But guy had time to spam promotion email? That’s a fuck you.

I am and will always be pro-consumer as long is it is 100% logical. This is as much of a Bullshit as US health care is.

• @Neoon said:

@yoursunny said:

@beagle said:

No IPv6.

Not worth it.

Reduce it by 4 for Deals on BF, or divide it by 2.6 while having BF.
    So does look like regular pricing, no deal.

New customer, not considering double credit, Ryzen plans:

• HostSolutions: 1GB RAM, 20GB NVMe, €44
    • PremiumBytes: 1GB RAM, 20GB NVMe, $38.40
    • DataIdeas: 1GB RAM, 10GB SSD, $30

So, this cociu Ryzen is only for existing customers.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Monday is not far away, lets see what happens.

• Yikes 100x

• @Francisco said: yeeted

Enough with that fucking word.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint bdl
  • Yeah I got that same email just now. There are occasional storage offers comparable to HS on paper, but with less entertainment factor so maybe the value isn't the same, lol.

Thanked by (1)chimichurri
This discussion has been closed.