Hetzner Online news bytes

Comments

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    This year we have come up with something very special for our employees - an advent calendar in the shape of a Hetzner Online Datacenter.
    Filled with 24 treats it sweetens up every day until Christmas Eve.

I am one of the lucky ones who won this great box to Eastern, it is still on my table :3
    I love it!

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@Hetzner_OL said:
    This year we have come up with something very special for our employees - an advent calendar in the shape of a Hetzner Online Datacenter.
    Filled with 24 treats it sweetens up every day until Christmas Eve.

That's ubercool! :)
    Love it.

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• The US DC news is awesome. What happens with GDPR if we move stuff to the new DC?

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

404 Error: Signature Not Found

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@vitobotta - Thanks for the feedback. I saw your tweet with the same question. I still need to review and post some texts related to GDPR that are related to the launch. I kind of wish I had a second set of hands for typing like in a bad hacker movie. --Katie

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• Very happy to see the US expansion. I am hoping dedicated servers and other similar services to your German DCs come to the US as well; us here in the US are sorely underserved and have to settle with folks like WholesaleInternet, Dacentec, and others (not that they're bad, just different and doesn't have the same feature/support parity as Hetzner).

Looking forward to seeing your expansion into Virginia further down the road!

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• williewillie OG
    edited November 2021

Woo hoo! Will you have dedicated servers or at least StorageBox in Virginia? The main trouble with cloud servers is that they are SSD-only including the attached block storage. I need around 5TB of mostly-cold storage these days, so SSD gets expensive ;).

I'm eager for a western US location too!

• alentoalento Hosting ProviderOGServices Provider

@Hetzner_OL said: The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.

Hmmm, it looks like prices while the same as other data centers, have increased across the board. Am I seeing correctly??

Recommended providers: BuyVM - MXroute - LunaNode - Forpsi - IntoVPS
    Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• @alento said:

@Hetzner_OL said: The new location now also guarantees customers in North America significantly lower latency and the same attractive prices.

Hmmm, it looks like prices while the same as other data centers, have increased across the board. Am I seeing correctly??

The prices for the smallest instances have gone up due to higher costs with up addresses AFAIK, but not just with the new location.

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

404 Error: Signature Not Found

• @alento said: Hmmm, it looks like prices while the same as other data centers, have increased across the board. Am I seeing correctly??

You might be looking at the DE prices, which include 18% VAT. Make sure to select your country at the top. If USA there is no VAT.

Thanked by (2)Hetzner_OL jaden

@vitobotta said:

@alento said:

The prices for the smallest instances have gone up due to higher costs with up addresses AFAIK, but not just with the new location.

@willie said:

@alento said: Hmmm, it looks like prices while the same as other data centers, have increased across the board. Am I seeing correctly??

You might be looking at the DE prices, which include 18% VAT. Make sure to select your country at the top. If USA there is no VAT.

The price for the smallest instance was EUR 3,49 two days ago and is now EUR 3,99 so ... it appears to be a general price hike in addition to the new IP prices as those happened a couple of weeks ago.

Contact me for all of your Mail-in-a-Box email hosting needs at AnyDomain. I am also a proud reseller of MXroute email.

• @alento said:

@vitobotta said:

@alento said:

@willie said:

@alento said: Hmmm, it looks like prices while the same as other data centers, have increased across the board. Am I seeing correctly??

The price for the smallest instance was EUR 3,49 two days ago and is now EUR 3,99 so ... it appears to be a general price hike in addition to the new IP prices as those happened a couple of weeks ago.

US only has the AMD servers and not the "cheaper" inter server.

https://www.hetzner.com/cloud

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

@jaapmarcus said: US only has the AMD servers and not the "cheaper" inter server.

Boom! That is exactly it. I did not notice that it changed from the CX-11 to the CPX11 when I clicked on the US location.

Thank you for correcting me!

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles Hetzner_OL

• That the don't bother with Intel in new deployments any more tells us something about Intel, lol.

@willie and @CamoYoshi - There are many, many people who apparently also want us to offer dedicated root servers in the US. It's been nice to see how many fans we have out there over the last few days. For now, we're just focusing on cloud servers in ASH. Depending on how well things go there in the coming months, our company leaders will consider possibly adding other products/services at some point in the future. I'll be passing on your +1s, though!! --Katie

Thanked by (2)CamoYoshi seanho

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• It's good to see the Germans invading US and A. About time, I'd say.

♻ Amitz day is October 21.
    ♻ Join Nigh sect by adopting my avatar. Let us spread the joys of the end.

• @Hetzner_OL said: @willie and @CamoYoshi - There are many, many people who apparently also want us to offer dedicated root servers in the US.

Katie, yeah, I understand how difficult that would be since it would vastly increase the amount of data center space you'd need, among other things. And it doesn't seem likely that you can keep the same costs. Storage servers, either something like the existing storage boxes or an S3-type product, might be more doable. And they would vastly increase the usefulness of the cloud servers. As they are now (without bulk storage), the cloud servers are a welcome addition to what's already out there, but not a really disruptive one. If storage became available I'd be able to move my personal stuff from EU to here. Of course from Hetzner's perspective that might not be such a great thing, if EU stuff is more economical to run ;).

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

If anyone is active on Twitter, Facebook, or Instagram, we're giving away some swag there this week in a lottery. --Katie

You've probably seen the news already, but just in case you haven't we are currently running a sale on selected AX and PX servers this week. Act quick! --Katie

Thanked by (3)AaronSS beagle vish

• @Hetzner_OL said:

You've probably seen the news already, but just in case you haven't we are currently running a sale on selected AX and PX servers this week. Act quick! --Katie

Very nice! Any chance we can get some no setup on the SX line?

@vish - It is pretty rare for us to do a no setup sale for the SX models. If I remember correctly, it has only happened once in the 6 years since I've been here, and that, I think, didn't include the biggest model. When we have a no-setup sale, it is usually several months to one year before we have another one. So it's unlikely that we will have one in the near future for the SX servers. I'm sorry. Maybe there is a server on the Server Auction that can still meet your needs in the meantime..? They don't have any setup fees. --Katie

Thanked by (1)ehab

• AdvinAdvin Hosting Provider

@vish said:

@Hetzner_OL said:

Very nice! Any chance we can get some no setup on the SX line?

@Hetzner_OL said:
    @vish - It is pretty rare for us to do a no setup sale for the SX models. If I remember correctly, it has only happened once in the 6 years since I've been here, and that, I think, didn't include the biggest model. When we have a no-setup sale, it is usually several months to one year before we have another one. So it's unlikely that we will have one in the near future for the SX servers. I'm sorry. Maybe there is a server on the Server Auction that can still meet your needs in the meantime..? They don't have any setup fees. --Katie

Around when SX64's first got released, there were a bunch of SX63's and SX133's popping up on Hetzner Auction with no setup fees. They still occasionally pop up on the auction house from time to time, but usually go out instantly :(

Thanked by (2)Hetzner_OL klever

I am a representative of Advin Servers

Hey all, long time, no see. Sorry that Helena and I have been such strangers recently. She'll be out of the office for some time and we have also been shorthanded on the marketing team. And unfortunately, my holiday starts soon, so you may not hear from us for a few weeks. Sorry for that!
    You all may have seen this good news:

In addition to that, we've also got a new video up on YouTube about the new ASH location. I got to help out in this one. :)
    --Katie

• Great video @Hetzner_OL !

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL
  • Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer

Hey! I watched the video! Great to see Katie and Max! Best wishes! 🇺🇸🗽🇲🇽🏜️🇩🇪👍

Thanked by (1)Hetzner_OL

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Hey y'all -- Our first new server of 2022 officially launched earlier today, the EX100, which is based on the Intel® Core™ i9-12900K CPU.

Hope you guys have had a great start so far to the new year and you're all safe and sound. :) --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hey y'all -- Our first new server of 2022 officially launched earlier today, the EX100, which is based on the Intel® Core™ i9-12900K CPU.

Hope you guys have had a great start so far to the new year and you're all safe and sound. :) --Katie

very nice! looking forward to some more budget friendly entries.

Thanked by (2)willie Hetzner_OL

For all you CentOS fans out there, we just added CentOS Stream 9 to Hetzner Cloud as one of the standard images. I hope that makes your Friday just a little bit brighter. --Katie

• hostartshostarts Hosting Provider

@Hetzner_OL said:
    For all you CentOS fans out there, we just added CentOS Stream 9 to Hetzner Cloud as one of the standard images. I hope that makes your Friday just a little bit brighter. --Katie

I think everyone already moved to Almalinux :p

Web Hosting - VPS Cloud - EU Dedicated Offers Managed Hosting Made Easy Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, Colocation, VPS, Shared & Reseller Hosting

• I got an email saying people who experienced price increases with auction servers can now upgrade to an AX or EX series server with no setup fee. I'd be tempted but unfortunately the entry level AX line has 2x2TB disks while my auction server has 2x3TB. The entry level EX line has 2x4TB disks though a slower processor than the AX. Neither one has ECC memory but my auction server doesn't have it either. Both have 64gb of ram which is way more than I have a real use for. And both are more expensive than my auction server even after the auction server's price hike.

Any current opinion about the FI DC location in terms of network speed, compared to Germany? Having the server there is cheaper because of lower electricity costs etc.

Thanked by (1)quicksilver03
  • hostartshostarts Hosting Provider

Great feature honestly, @Hetzner_OL

Web Hosting - VPS Cloud - EU Dedicated Offers Managed Hosting Made Easy Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, Colocation, VPS, Shared & Reseller Hosting