Hetzner Online news bytes

1789101113»

Comments

• @Hetzner_OL said: Any newly-ordered products that directly use electricity, like the Auction servers and other dedicated root servers

I can understand that auction and dedi servers directly use electricity, while things like domain registration presumably don't. What about 1) storage box, and 2) cloud servers? Thanks.

Re payments: I'd be ok with quarterly billing where the automatic CC charge is done 1 month before the due date. That way if something goes wrong with the payment, I have a whole month to straighten it out, get a wire transfer, or whatever. CC's have gotten to be seriously unreliable and we need failover methods. I actually lost an OVH server because of this, though it was an idler that I'm better off without anyway.

Thanked by (2)bikegremlin vimalware
  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

+1
    Though, with Serbian banks, I prefer having at least 2 months time to sort things out. With possible vacations and sick leaves etc, I try to make that at least 3, whenever possible.
    I even pay my electricity bills for months upfront. :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
    BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

• @Hetzner_OL said:

@Falso said:
    price increase at Hetzner ahead: https://docs.hetzner.com/general/others/price-adjustment/

so far I did not receive any mail regarding this, but I guess those will follow very shortly.

We want to be very transparent about this because we understand how much it affects our customers. That's why we also posted it in our forum. The emails started being sent out earlier today and will continue in stages for the next few days.

@Falzo said:
    any comments already on how this will affect non-regular products like the auction boxes @Hetzner_OL ?

Any newly-ordered products that directly use electricity, like the Auction servers and other dedicated root servers, will be affected by the 10% change starting 1 September 2022. Existing products (ones ordered and deployed before 1 September 2022) won't see the price change until 1 January 2023. The colocation price changes are listed separately. --Katie

hey Katie, thanks for your answer, but can you already clarify if these "approximately 10%" (wording on your page) is gonna be a fixed number across all affected products aka the same for servers, auctions, cloud etc. ?

I ask because we have seen 30-40% percent raises on the auction servers before, to 'bring them to minimum level' regardless of the idea of the auctions as such. this obviously wasn't appreciated by those who were able to snag the real cheap ones, as they had been affected much more than others.

Obviously I'd just like to hear that any prive increase does not make a difference again for different things but rather comes as a fixed percent across the board.

• Hetzner_OLHetzner_OL Hosting ProviderOG

@ehab - No, that's not me, sorry. It's a more recent video, and I think my name is clearly at the beginning if I remember it correctly.
    Hope you all have a great weekend! --Katie

Thanked by (1)ehab

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    @ehab - No, that's not me, sorry. It's a more recent video, and I think my name is clearly at the beginning if I remember it correctly.

Is there a way to figure out the price increase exactly? I have an auction server. The approximately 10% is a bit vague.

Thanked by (1)Falzo

Team push-ups!

• edited August 2022

@Hetzner_OL said:

@ehab, maybe this?

Edit: Also found this one:

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @Hetzner_OL or anyone else to find the exact increase in price for my auction server?

Team push-ups!

@Astro said:
    Is there a way to figure out the price increase exactly? I have an auction server. The approximately 10% is a bit vague. You could try writing a support ticket to ask this question as well, but I imagine you will receive the same response.

What I am permitted to say at this point is "approximately 10%". I am sorry that I can't be more specific.

@Wonder_Woman - Yep! You found me. :)

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman Daniel

We're Katie and Lea and we'll do our best to answer questions you have about Hetzner Online. We and not our employer are responsible for any horrible puns and dated cultural references.

Happy Friday everyone! For everyone who's a fan of WireGuard, we've got some good news! We just added it to our collection of 1-click apps for Hetzner Cloud!
    !image

There's a short preview video of it on our reddit channel.
    And if you want some deets on this WireGuard app, go here, and to see the complete list of our one-click cloud apps, go here. --Katie

Thanked by (3)Ympker willie bikegremlin

• Please, Hetzner_OL, can you detail your position regarding this topic?

wow @Hetzner_Online says that running any #ethereum miners or PoS validators on their cloud infrastructure is a violation of their terms of service. hetzner currently accounts for ~15% of hosted ethereum nodes (not necessarily beacon chain validating nodes) 😵 pic.twitter.com/9iD32PFejc

— Alex Thorn (@intangiblecoins) August 26, 2022
  • @jureve said:
    Please, Hetzner_OL, can you detail your position regarding this topic?

This has always been Hetzner's stance. They have never permitted any form of mining on their network. I'm sure there are a number of mining operations on their network that they're unaware of, but those operations are still breaking Hetzner's ToS

Thanked by (2)jureve ialexpw
  • DanielDaniel OG
    edited August 2022

@jureve said: Please, Hetzner_OL, can you detail your position regarding this topic?

The tweet you linked to literally has a screenshot from Hetzner's official reply on Reddit as one of its attachments.

• @Wolveix said: This has always been Hetzner's stance. They have never permitted any form of mining on their network.

No they adopted that policy a year or two ago. Originally mining was permitted, then the cloud server cpus got hosed with it so they banned it on cloud servers but still permitted it on dedis. Then I think it was Chia that got out of hand, so they banned it everywhere.

Thanked by (2)jureve Wolveix

Are you ready to treat yourself with some Cyber Monday deals? 😜
    On Monday, 28 Nov. 2022 at 8am (CET) you can get one of 2022 available Storages Shares one month for free! If you ever wanted to try out our Dedicated Server AX101, do it by 2 December 2022 while skipping the setup fee!

• Hetzner Cloud, US West, Hillsboro, Oregen! What more could one ask for? ❤️

https://www.hetzner.com/news/12-22-cloud-usa/

Hi @Erisa -- You beat me to it! That's right! You can now generate Hetzner Cloud instances on the West Coast! Happy Monday! --Katie

• @Hetzner_OL said:
    Hi @Erisa -- You beat me to it! That's right! You can now generate Hetzner Cloud instances on the West Coast! Happy Monday! --Katie

If anyone's looking, here are the speedtest files:

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• Hey, congrats on the new location. I'm looking forward to storage boxes in the US too. I've been worrying a little bit about European providers and hope everyone is holding up ok over there, and that electricity stays available and affordable for everyone including hosting companies.

• @Erisa said:
    Hetzner Cloud, US West, Hillsboro, OregenOregon!

@AlwaysTurboPascal (source)

Thanked by (1)Erisa

Contribute your idling VPS/dedi (link), Android (link) or iOS (link) devices to medical research

• @chimichurri said:

@Erisa said:
    Hetzner Cloud, US West, Hillsboro, OregenOregon!

@AlwaysTurboPascal (source)

Thanks - what I get for writing on a phone so early in the morning