[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@chenlil said: I purchased it through the link in this post and I did not see any order number during the purchase process, the email I received showed this message

Someone wasn't paying attention? The instructions distinctly say to note it down from screen; you will NOT get and email with it.

I actually understand this one. They never see the page with the instructions on it because they're following an affiliate link which takes them straight to the final page. So everything looks legit - right website, etc... - they just don't know. The answer is to stop following random affiliate links and buying things you don't know the circumstances of.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @skorous said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

@chenlil said: I purchased it through the link in this post and I did not see any order number during the purchase process, the email I received showed this message

Someone wasn't paying attention? The instructions distinctly say to note it down from screen; you will NOT get and email with it.

I actually understand this one. They never see the page with the instructions on it because they're following an affiliate link which takes them straight to the final page. So everything looks legit - right website, etc... - they just don't know. The answer is to stop following random affiliate links and buying things you don't know the circumstances of.

indeed. there is some understanding for the problem of coming to the order page directly.

however even if you do this and don't write down the order number because you didn't know... eventually you might notice that you missed something in the whole process. and that is the point, when you should a) get informations and b) be kind and patient with whomever you communicate.

opening trillions of tickets and coming to a community guns blazings demanding refunds and stuff is definitely not the right way. remember that you still at least ticked that checkbox about waiving your refund and even might have put in fake personal info... definitely nothing the provider needs to care about very soon.

• edited April 2022

@realEthanZou said: Yes, people should learn to read. But there may be legit excuses for not taking order ID down. Remember the DDoS attack on Virmach site? IMHO, showing that ID only once is asking for trouble

Actually, I can sympathise as it can be easy to forget/dismiss the Order ID as being just another notification, as part of the process. In this particular case though, the proper procedures don't appear to have been followed/understood. A rare order might fall through, due to your example of DDoS: benefit of the doubt? Nah!

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Order #5078779847 ,THX!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @hzz said:

@hzz said:
    Ticket ID: 755430
    Order #561182
    invoice #1416230

@VirMach Please help me activate, thank you

thanks. we added $25 to your renewal price.

• edited April 2022

@VirMach said: Problematic Customer Price Increase
    *Due to the extreme ticket volumes we've been receiving recently, your renewal price will be increased if you contribute to the excessive ticket load by creating an unnecessary ticket. Of course, this is at our discretion and interpreted by us, so if you disagree, you can always cancel your service properly per our policies to avoid a renewal at the adjusted rate. Price increase will be +$5 annually per unnecessary ticket.

We will also do this if you spam this thread with your order ID asking for something outside of an activation request, or if you post your ticket ID (unless requested by us.)

Thanked by (3)kisser fluttershy FrankZ
  • @AlwaysSkint said:

@kisser said:
    Hi there, I've just placed the order #2009489040,
    Pls activate it as u see fit, thank u for ur effort! @VirMach

Apart from the pathetic "u", this is the way it should be done.
    Read the rules, folks!

Thx but why so hard on yourself, U got what I mean, right?

• @kisser said: Thx but why so hard on yourself

It's a forum not an SMS chat and does nothing to help non-native English speakers. Pls & thx are kinda accepted abbreviations, however.
    Worse than @FrankZ getting his then & than confused. :p

Thanked by (2)bdl FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @Falzo said:

@VirMach said: Problematic Customer Price Increase
    *Due to the extreme ticket volumes we've been receiving recently, your renewal price will be increased if you contribute to the excessive ticket load by creating an unnecessary ticket. Of course, this is at our discretion and interpreted by us, so if you disagree, you can always cancel your service properly per our policies to avoid a renewal at the adjusted rate. Price increase will be +$5 annually per unnecessary ticket.

We will also do this if you spam this thread with your order ID asking for something outside of an activation request, or if you post your ticket ID (unless requested by us.)

Thanks for the reminder, I didn't know that either.

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@kisser said: Thx but why so hard on yourself

It's a forum not an SMS chat and does nothing to help non-native English speakers. Pls & thx are kinda accepted abbreviations, however.
    Worse than @FrankZ getting his then & than confused. :p

OK, got it!

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @hzz said:

Why?

and

@Sahu1990 said: Thanks for the reminder, I didn't know that either.

You guys might consider reading the entire thread but especially the first post which describes what you've agreed to.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • Order Number 2814950116

Thanks

• I admit that I saw the offer on another website and ordered it directly.
    So I didn't know I needed to keep the OrderNumbe until after the fact.
    Now it's .... A little desperate .
    By the way I was denied access by Cloudflare when I jumped back to the site after payment, so I don't think I could complete it even if I knew in advance that I needed to keep the OrderNumber.

• Order Number: 4175409467

Thanks!

• edited April 2022

Hi, I order it at 4/6. And today I notice this order should offer OEDER NUMBER here. I lost my OEDER NUMBER and I can only find the Invoice #1413582(Ryzen Special 768 $30.00 USD/2years). There is no record of the OEDER NUMBER in virmach client and my email. Can I active my vps? Should I buy the vps again and push back my previous order? @VirMach

• @VirMach said:

I spent way too much time on this. It's definitely a combination of things but in the end just essentially disabling ebtables got everything fixed... I'm speaking with SolusVM as I don't want to spend any more time trying to understand why that would cause all this. I have a few guesses in my head but I was completely surprised by this end result.

It may of course have to do with how the network equipment configuration affects it as well, but wow.

It´s there any way to help make "test" to collect info in general? Not only specific this case but multiple DC/configs... I have multiple servers (some in prod and some idle), and maybe we can bring "helpful feedback" to the table. At the end we want VPS working without issue :-)

• Order Number: #1398886

Thanks!

• Sorry, I didn't keep the OrderNumber.
    My Invoice:1415099
    Please help me activate it, thanks.

• @tvp100 said:
    Can I active my vps? Should I buy the vps again and push back my previous order?

and

@wmq5451532 said: Sorry, I didn't keep the OrderNumber.

and

@binglanya said:
    I admit that I saw the offer on another website and ordered it directly.
    By the way I was denied access by Cloudflare when I jumped back to the site after payment, so I don't think I could complete it even if I knew in advance that I needed to keep the OrderNumber.

Virmach spoke to this on the previous page. It's going to slow down your activation - possibly significantly. I quoted it below ( emphasis mine, not his ).

@VirMach said: And I recommend they be very very very patient as it means they probably extended their activation time by days to weeks, and lost any guarantee of it being activated. But also don't freak out, we're not going to intentionally screw anyone over.

It will just have to be done at the end of everything else when I have time to correct them.

Thanked by (4)Falzo tototo Ironia FrankZ
  • MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited April 2022

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Mason , @mikho
    Sorry guys, the flag still ain't working properly - noted when trying to flag the poster that needs a blog of his own. Guess who?

Finally sorted it. Took a bit to chase down the source of the issue, but the fix required some PHP changes (which isn't really my language of choice). Let me know if you have any other issues.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• Still thinking about the bus thing.

Thanked by (2)Brueggus FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• It might help if that check box includes a link to the offers page that spells out the rules, and the person confirms that they understand them.

• Order Number is: 7187448985

• Order Number is: 4214505946

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@cybertech said:
    almalinux 8.5 (graphical) installer does not boot, both ISO and via netboot.

on ISO mount it just stays offline
    on netboot it downloads the image but gets stuck on some initialization

follow up with netboot on Almaxlinux text install:

gets stuck on "dracut-initqueue"

sent CtrlAltDel to restart it and the rest of the output below that

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• Hi, I lost order id but only invoice:1414626. May U help me activate the VPS? I had sent message to your inbox, but no replay. Thanks.
    regards,

• @hzz said: Please help me activate, thank you

@skorous said:

@tvp100 said:
    Can I active my vps? Should I buy the vps again and push back my previous order?

and

@wmq5451532 said: Sorry, I didn't keep the OrderNumber.

and

@binglanya said:
    I admit that I saw the offer on another website and ordered it directly.

Virmach spoke to this on the previous page. It's going to slow down your activation - possibly significantly. I quoted it below ( emphasis mine, not his ).

@VirMach said: And I recommend they be very very very patient as it means they probably extended their activation time by days to weeks, and lost any guarantee of it being activated. But also don't freak out, we're not going to intentionally screw anyone over.

It will just have to be done at the end of everything else when I have time to correct them.

It looks like I lost any guarantee of it being activated. And I should push back my previous order.
    I also a Front End engineer, It seems wrong that I cannot get my ORDER NUMBER.
    Thanks.

• I"m comeing! Virmach!
    My Order Number is: 9402028850
    Thank you!(^o^)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2022

@cybertech - You should mention the node you are on and the RAM of your VPS.
    I did have similar issues to the ones you describe back during Beta testing, but they were corrected as far as I know, and AlmaLinux8 was THE template to install first early on.
    I installed Almalinux 8 from the template in the billing panel and from the AlmaLinux 8.4 Boot ISO in SolusVM a few days ago on my node 39 1.5GB VPS using the graphical installer and had no issue. So you could try that instead of netboot.xyz. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

This discussion has been closed.