[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• We failed to submit the request. Please try again tomorrow.

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

@skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

@skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

Poor TYOC035.He was ignored.

Not ignored.

But TYOC40 is In Progress now.TYOC035 still Outage.

You should lookup the definition of "ignored".

Neglect,forget,disregard,omit.Find your favorite

Those are synonyms. The definition is: "refuse to take notice of or acknowledge; disregard intentionally." First one is out since he acknowledged it the day previous. Second one requires intent and again, he acknowledged it the day before saying he's evaluating a window so you'll have a difficult time making a case you that either. In short, prioritizing one machine does not mean the other is ignored.

Hope so

• edited September 2022

@VirMach said:

@FrankZ said:
    I'm here, have a couple VMs that I would like to move (that do not have a Ryzen migrate button), have no issues with the caveats, and would be happy to provide feedback and possibly deal with broken VM

I'm curious as to why it's not showing up for you. Can you private message me the IP for one so I can have a firsthand look?

@tototo said:
    BF-Special-2020 doesn't have Ryzen Migrate button, but KVM-Special-512 and Ryzen Special 384 have it. Technically, this is just a report because I am in no hurry.

Okay that's helpful information. We probably just didn't activate it for that specific plan which would have been nice to know sooner so we could've fixed it. I'm sure many people mentioned it and I just missed it or I passed it on to our developer which left it out one of the version changes.

Same here, Ryzen Migrate button only showing up on around 6 of ~16 services I would expect it to be on. If it helps, BF-SPECIAL-2020, BF-SPECIAL-2021, BF-SPECIAL-KVM, KVM-Special-2, KVM-Special-3, and KVM-Special-4 are the plans that aren't showing the button for me.

I'm mildly curious how some of these got overlooked, not in a complaint kinda way but in a "how'd that happen" way. KVM-Special-1 and KVM-Special-512 both get the button it seems, from the same batch of sales as my -2/-3/-4 plans, and some pretty old/obscure plans were included too, like my BF-SPECIAL-OVZ and Pro+ LITE plans from back in the openvz days both have the button.

• edited September 2022

I would gladly more few of my VPS to any EU locations (no data needed)

• @reb0rn said:
    I would gladly more few of my VPS to any EU locations (no data needed)

Try Ryzen button... If that don't work, report back

• It have, not working

• @emperor said: PHXZ002 had been with me from 2015

any test ip? i can't access http://lg.virmach.com

benchmark score of the vps I've ever had

• @umzak said:

@emperor said: PHXZ002 had been with me from 2015

I believe they use same dc. http://lg.phx.dedicontrol.com

Thanked by (1)umzak

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• Everyone at hostloc loves your Tokyo machine, hahaha, so now they're all frantically moving it to Tokyo and reselling it at a high price.

• @VirMach Hi, finally I find you here! :)

I don't follow all comments in this post, and wonder if you aware that besides TYOC035 and TYOC040, the TYOC038 may also has the same issue. Many other users' servers on this node are online but not mine. I created a Technical Support ticket #342771 about 10 days ago, don't know if it is proper to ask you to review my ticket advanced...

If you aware this TYOC038 issue, and have had a plan to make the offline services like mine to be online later, you can ignore my ticket now and I'll wait.

Thanks for your time.

• TYOC002S has a CPU usage problem. Even if the VPS is not doing any work, the CPU usage will frequently occupy 100%.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@dudu said:
    @VirMach Hi, finally I find you here! :)

I don't follow all comments in this post, and wonder if you aware that besides TYOC035 and TYOC040, the TYOC038 may also has the same issue. Many other users' servers on this node are online but not mine. I created a Technical Support ticket #342771 about 10 days ago, don't know if it is proper to ask you to review my ticket advanced...

If you aware this TYOC038 issue, and have had a plan to make the offline services like mine to be online later, you can ignore my ticket now and I'll wait.

Thanks for your time.

All the people offline on TYOC038 last I checked were from using the Ryzen migrate button which carries the mentioned risks. There are some from paid migrations in which case you can reply to the paid migration ticket and we should be able to handle it sooner. Since you didn't mention migrating, which is a very important thing to mention, I can say it would be extremely unlikely that your service would be offline in the way you describe it.

However, if you did not migrate at all then let me know and I'll double check sooner.

@foxcoo said:
    Everyone at hostloc loves your Tokyo machine, hahaha, so now they're all frantically moving it to Tokyo and reselling it at a high price.

I'm glad to hear Tokyo is doing good now after we made the network changes.

@umzak said:

@emperor said: PHXZ002 had been with me from 2015

@Daevien said:

@VirMach said:
    I've been intentionally vague here. It'd be easy for us to share this list but it's not easy thinking through all the reasons why it'd be a bad idea and why we should not do it.

Well, it was more about stuff like Looking Glass so people could determine routes. I've already gotten active IPs to test in a lot of the locations from people so I can see what routes things take.

Looking Glass is finally done for all locations except San Jose. I've opened a ticket with the datacenter for San Jose as it seems like the network isn't doing too great there right now and it could actually be causing the power issues with SJCZ004 and SJCZ005.

https://lg.virmach.com

• @VirMach said:
    Looking Glass is finally done for all locations except San Jose. I've opened a ticket with the datacenter for San Jose as it seems like the network isn't doing too great there right now and it could actually be causing the power issues with SJCZ004 and SJCZ005.

Doesn't appear to be a dns record for that host btw

• @VirMach said: All the people offline on TYOC038 last I checked were from using the Ryzen migrate button which carries the mentioned risks. There are some from paid migrations in which case you can reply to the paid migration ticket and we should be able to handle it sooner. Since you didn't mention migrating, which is a very important thing to mention, I can say it would be extremely unlikely that your service would be offline in the way you describe it.

Oh, yes, I did a $3 migration on that day, forget to metion this in my last comment. OK, I'll reply to that paid migration ticket then.

However, if you did not migrate at all then let me know and I'll double check sooner.

It happens after migration, so you don't need to do that..

• @VirMach
    Please tell me, as a result of migration, some of my services were migrated to other cities and countries. 3 services moved from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and one from Chicago to New York. I would like to return these services to their original locations. But in the control panel, there is only a paid migration option. What I should do?

Also the panel of one of my services does not open (error). It used to be in LA but now I can't see any information about it.

• edited September 2022

@Unicom said: ..there is only a paid migration option. What I should do?

Wait until a Ryzen button (re)appears, then select original locations. Too obvious?

@Unicom said: ..one of my services does not open..

You actually expect some answer on this, without any details? :/
    Try looking at the URL and mention the ID; that'd be a good start. Perhaps even click the Management option, for SolusVM, to get further details.
    Jeez.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @Daevien said:

@VirMach said:

Looks like it's supposed to redirect to https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/11/Test-IP-and-Looking-Glass-Locations.html&language=english

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @AlwaysSkint said: Wait until a Ryzen button (re)appears, then select original locations. Too obvious?

I really don't understand what you're talking about. Where should this button appear and even again? I have never seen.

@AlwaysSkint said: You actually expect some answer on this, without any details?

I expect that I can get some information either about the situation with the panel or about possible problems in LA.

@AlwaysSkint said: and mention the ID

@AlwaysSkint said: Perhaps even click the Management option, for SolusVM, to get further details.

Where should I click? Perhaps I didn't explain too clearly that the entire service page is unavailable? Just a part of the WHMCS panel associated with the service does not work.

@Daevien said:

@VirMach said:

Looks like that's the only part I forgot to test. It's supposed to be a direct to the knowledgebase article for LG:
    https://billing.virmach.com/index.php?rp=/knowledgebase/11/Test-IP-and-Looking-Glass-Locations.html&language=english

edited September 2022

@Unicom said:
    @VirMach
    Please tell me, as a result of migration, some of my services were migrated to other cities and countries. 3 services moved from Amsterdam to Frankfurt and one from Chicago to New York. I would like to return these services to their original locations. But in the control panel, there is only a paid migration option. What I should do?

Answered somewhere above in my last few messages.

• @VirMach said: Answered somewhere above in my last few messages.

None of my 11 services have a Ryzen Migrate button. What should I do?

• @Unicom said:

close the browser and drink a coke.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2022

@ehab said:

@Unicom said:

Excellent advise.

@Unicom you might want to mention what type of VMs you have, and where
    I.E. Ryzen Special 1536, BF-SPECIAL-2021, etc

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@ehab said:

@Unicom said:

Excellent advise.

What if he prefers Pepsi or something else? ;)

Serious answer would be it seems like Virmach is working through the process but that many without it seems kind of odd based on my own numbers.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2022

@Daevien said: What if he prefers Pepsi or something else? ;)

Then he will have to wait longer. Coke works the fastest.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said: Excellent advise advice. :p
    @FrankZ said: Coke works the fastest.

Especially in lines, so I'm told.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: Excellent advise advice. :p
    @FrankZ said: Coke works the fastest.

Especially in lines, so I'm told.

For maximum speed it's best going with maximum speed instead.

Thanked by (2)bakageta AlwaysSkint
  • Virmach likes to do a lot of lines from time to time.

I mean you have seen his long long posts right?

Thanked by (3)VirMach FrankZ AlwaysSkint

I wanted to ask for community input on how you think we should deal with the people that modified the page to include a "Tokyo" option when it was clearly not meant to be offered on our website as an option for automatic migration. A few ideas have been floating in my head and the goal is to be as fair as possible given the situation but I'm sure doing anything about it will of course make at least all those people upset (or the people they decide to re-sell them to, a lot of these people were already flagged as sniping black friday deals in the past) and they'll obviously spread a lot of exaggerated inferences about what it means.

Our goal is to right a wrong without it seeming like we're doing this to benefit ourselves. We've obviously allowed people equal access to this feature in the past, to the best of our ability & knowledge.

OPTION #1A - We notify these customers specifically and only these customers of a price increase on renewal equivalent to the published upcharge for the Tokyo location at the time they modified the options for their own benefit, giving them the choice to either renew at this price (I believe they were all annual so it would be ample time for them to make a decision) or to cancel their service.

OPTION #1B - We instead recalculate their renewal pricing based on more precise math related to bare minimum costs to run their service in that region, which may or may not be higher/lower than option #1A above, and proceed in the same manner.

OPTION #2A - We instead elect not to renew their services for an additional term. We'll still provide service until the end of their term and notification as well as maintain data backups for some time in case they miss the communication.

OPTION #2B - We provide a pro-rated refund for their service and give them a grace period to move, so a quicker version of option #2A above. We'll send notification and maintain backups.

OPTION #3A - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them either back to their original location or the closest next location to Tokyo is available. The migration will be scheduled/with notification.

OPTION #3B - We do not modify pricing, but require that they purchase a $5 migration with data back to their original location with an allotted time period, otherwise we either cancel the service in the same manner as option #2 or recalculate per option #1.

OPTION #3C - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them to another location per option #3A but we also refund any fee paid for the initial migration which was clearly not offered on our unmodified website.

OPTION #4 - We close the customer's account for abusive behavior.

OPTION #5 - We don't take any action at this time but reserve the right to do so at an undetermined time in the future.

In my opinion many of these are clearly people that have no respect for any of our processes, coming from a community that has done similar things in the post, where they act like a mob and cause grievances. Perhaps some just decided to participate as a result of the mob mentality and they have not abused our trust in the past, but reviewing these, I can clearly see that a good number have already been flagged for breaking our policies in the past. A lot of these accounts have been sold and resold, completely ignoring our terms of service, and even more are very clearly, to re-iterate, deals that were sniped in the past, which robbed someone else of a fair opportunity to make that same purchase.

I do not believe letting it slide is a realistic option as it will only encourage continued negative behavior and these are not the type of customers we wish to do business with, for our protection and maintaining some level of fairness when it comes to offering deals & functions that are meant to benefit everyone equally.

More plans should be able to use the Ryzen Migrate button now.

Thanked by (1)atomi
This discussion has been closed.