[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• Ah ok, I will check again in a few days I guess. Thanks.

• @VirMach said:

@haynhat said:
    @VirMach
    Is SJCZ004 still facing partial outage (no more outage message in network status)? I have 6 servers there but 2 of them still remaining offline.

These just got fixed.

Thanks @VirMach . They are back up.

• I got an email [Emergency Migration] Your service on TYOC040.
    which location has the least problem? I want to move it there.
    looks like Amsterdam rarely has problems

benchmark score of the vps I've ever had

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@umzak said:
    I got an email [Emergency Migration] Your service on TYOC040.

i got it too, and believe they are migrating to an empty node in Japan if maintenance doesn't work.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @umzak said:
    I got an email [Emergency Migration] Your service on TYOC040.

Poor TYOC035.He was ignored.

• @WeiHo said:

Not ignored.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@willie said:
    Ah ok, I will check again in a few days I guess. Thanks.

SJCZ008 all set. If you still have a problem it may be something else.

• @VirMach Sorry to bug you: I still don't get 2FA email and for some reason my backup code doesn't work (got locked out for a day). :'( Was working no problem until approx. 5 days ago.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• williewillie OG
    edited September 2022

@VirMach said: SJCZ008 all set. If you still have a problem it may be something else.

Same thing as before, can't seem to reboot from panel. Should I assume the disk is trashed, and reinstall the OS? It's a slight nuisance if the old data is lost, but I can deal with it.

Aha, I was able to connect with VNC, which didn't work before. It said hard disk is not bootable and there was no CD/DVD mounted. I will try rescue mode and if that doesn't help, will reinstall. Glad to see this VM at least somewhat alive again.

Update: no luck with rescue mode so I reinstalled, and that seems to have worked. Nice to have this machine back. It would be nice to transfer its resources to the new one instead of having two. Probably too much hassle to think about right now though.

• @VirMach said:

@willie said:

My servers at SJCZ008 are missing all information as below screenshot:

• @VirMach said:

@vyas said:

@VirMach said:

@vyas said: @virmach Tech support promptly closed the ticket, no explanation offered, some kind soul here on LES tried to suggest I try what I had already tried, and nearly 3 weeks later, no mas.

It's an outage report ticket. All we do for those is read the title and decide if a network status needs to be opened for it or if anything needs to be done and we're already working on it. We didn't add it to outage report because it's not actually offline, it's just a panel issue, and the outages on network status page are already very cluttered so we're reserving it just for actual outages right now.

Also you're not in Amsterdam, it's in Frankfurt, unless I looked at it wrong? Anyway FFME001 has uptime of 49 days and most VMs are running. Yours may potentially be offline and controls are broken though still but I'm just answering on why the report outage ticket was closed.

Indeed, VPS is in Frankfurt, (FFME001 prefix).

it's just a panel issue

I ask out of genuine curiosity and not disdain- can this be fixed at user level (ie from my side)? Or do I have to raise another ticket highlighting this specific issue? Thanks-

Controls were recently fixed.

Thank you, looks like resolved!

Squats are the new Push-ups

• edited September 2022

@haynhat said:

@VirMach said:

@willie said:

My servers at SJCZ008 are missing all information as below screenshot:

Looks like they were fixed already, all are working now. Thank you.

• My VPS after Ryzen migration is running smoothly. Quite stable and fast. I am using it to host a WooCommerce site.

• @skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

Not ignored.

But TYOC40 is In Progress now.TYOC035 still Outage.

• edited September 2022

@VirMach said:

@willie said:
    Looks like SJC2008 is reachable from billing panel again, which is great, it had been unreachable before. Is this node still having network issues? Billing and control panels say my VPS is offline, attempting reboot doesn't change it, it's unreachable in rescue system, and VNC address refuses connections. It does say it's a Ryzen node, i.e. the VPS got migrated from the old Intel hardware. I guess that is nice.

I'm going to just make a wild guess based on all your previous terrible luck & experiences and say that you're probably one of the 10 people affected on this node by a missing disk. I have no idea what happened and won't know without looking back at all our logs later. They're all back to back, just 10 VMs that don't have a proper disk.

Right now they're on the queue to get created (the LVMs.)

Thanks, after your response, my earlier FFME001 vm got replaced by FFME007 and now it doesn't have the disk.. and the ticket got renamed with LVM.
    Hoping to get this also resolved soon 🥺

• @WeiHo said:

@skorous said:

@WeiHo said:

Not ignored.

But TYOC40 is In Progress now.TYOC035 still Outage.

You should lookup the definition of "ignored".

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • "ISO" and "Re-install OS" on my BF-SPECIAL-2020 have been fixed, but "VPS Control Panel" button still shows "Invalid vserverid or username". However, I hesitate to reply to the ticket just for that reason.
    https://i.imgur.com/viDVJKy.png

• @VirMach I created a ticket a month ago and today you just closed it without any resolution, stating this excuse: "Your ticket has been marked as having a bad title, missing information, or improper use of a custom ticket department."

My ticket clearly stated that my VPS has no Internet connection. I've also tagged you here at least two times and mentioned that TYOC025 has this type of connectivity problem, but you've evaded answering my posts twice.

If sending support tickets on your platform doesn't result in a solution... if replying on a 3rd party website doesn't get a solution, then what else am I supposed to do? By closing tickets that we have been waiting months in queue for, in good faith, then you are making an already frustrating situation ten times worse.

I have opened a new ticket and followed all of your requirements. Please check my new ticket here and fix the connection issue. #634655 Thanks.

• If you don't mind indulging my curiosity, what was the title and contents of the last ticket?

• @skorous said:
    If you don't mind indulging my curiosity, what was the title and contents of the last ticket?

Should be "Refund" xD

• @VirMach said:
    Does 2TB work or does it have to be 2x1TB?

Has there been any update to when a replacement server would be deployed? Its been beyond 6 weeks now. I already accepted the 2TB drive over 2x1TB and other US Datacenter besides West coast. Once again for your reference Ticket #342867

@Kaito said:

@VirMach said:

@willie said:
    Looks like SJC2008 is reachable from billing panel again, which is great, it had been unreachable before. Is this node still having network issues? Billing and control panels say my VPS is offline, attempting reboot doesn't change it, it's unreachable in rescue system, and VNC address refuses connections. It does say it's a Ryzen node, i.e. the VPS got migrated from the old Intel hardware. I guess that is nice.

I'm going to just make a wild guess based on all your previous terrible luck & experiences and say that you're probably one of the 10 people affected on this node by a missing disk. I have no idea what happened and won't know without looking back at all our logs later. They're all back to back, just 10 VMs that don't have a proper disk.

Right now they're on the queue to get created (the LVMs.)

Thanks, after your response, my earlier FFME001 vm got replaced by FFME007 and now it doesn't have the disk.. and the ticket got renamed with LVM.
    Hoping to get this also resolved soon 🥺

OS needs a re-install assuming the person handling it did it correctly. I'll try to check back on their work and make sure they created the LVMs properly but they should have done so.

• @umzak said: which location has the least problem?

Mines are in PHXZ002 and TYOC033. While in Tokyo there were some problem at the beginning its quite stable for the last 2-3 months. PHXZ002 had been with me from 2015, and had done 2 migrations (1st one on better server, 2nd one on Ryzen CPU ) in same loc and i did not had single issue since 2015.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• edited September 2022

@emperor every time see you post - i recall the band emperor

maybe @Mumbly @lapua knowns them.

Thanked by (1)Ganonk
  • @ehab said: every time see you post

Ihsahn is great musician :)

Thanked by (1)ehab

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• I thought that too :)

@ehab said: maybe @Mumbly @lapua knowns them.

Yes, of course :) Not exactly among my favourite bands from Norway, but still among the biggest still active BM bands around. I never saw them live, but I saw Ihsahn (singers solo career) live in 2013 if this count :)

Thanked by (2)ehab lapua
  • @ehab said: @emperor every time see you post - i recall the band emperor

For me, it reminds me of something from my childhood days :smiley:

Thanked by (1)ehab

For domain registrations, create an account at Dynadot (ref) and spend $9.99 within 48 hours to receive $5 DynaDollars!
    Looking for cost-effective Managed/Anycast/DDoS-Protected/Geo DNS Services? Try ClouDNS (aff).

• ...and this part where Fenriz (Darkthrone) says "big sunglasses, not Emperor (small) sunglasses, very important, big sunglasees = cool band" always cracks me up :)

(complete interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u7RwDQZv0c)

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @FrankZ , well attempted getting Biloh to even tangentially address his own part in events. Sad to see him ignore you completely. :-/

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ
    edited September 2022

I think we're finally ready to start offering free migrations with data for a limited time. This is so people can end up where they really want without the hassle of having to load everything back in, especially for those people that ended up getting forcefully moved to an undesired location. We got the migration tool working again and figured out what's causing it to break so we can do these in daily batches.

There's a few caveats:

• We're going to try and code something out where you pick three preferred locations. We will try to move you to your first preference, but may move you to your 2nd or 3rd preference. We'll allow you to pick your existing location as a preference if you'd rather it just be cancelled and not completed if your first preference isn't available (you pick it as second preference.) If we don't do this and it's just one preference selected, we'll reply back and say it's going to go in an indefinite queue to migrate when available. You can cancel this if you'd like by just closing the ticket.
    • We'll move you to a server with an IP block that may be swapped out in the future. So before you begin the process, there will be a warning that your IP address may be changed at a future date. We'll of course try our best to give you ample notice but if you migrate using this free feature, please expect worst case scenario for your IP address to be changed with minimal notice, so be prepared for this potentially occurring.
    • We'll try to complete migration within 72 hours so you have a 72 hour window where you know your service may go offline for migration. We'll also put a notice that in some cases it may take up to 24 hours to migrate if it runs into issues, so you're signing up for a potential 24 hour outage. We'll organize this to where if after 24 hours it is still not migrated, by default we'll just move you back, power it on, and say it failed.
    • You need to confirm that you have your data backed up. In rare cases there may be data loss when we're processing so many of these at once so at the very least, even if it's an unpleasant outcome, we want to make sure people understand this potential risk. I highly doubt we'll get too many of these in a state where there is data loss.
    • You need to confirm that you understand how to configure the network manually and confirm that you understand you may need to manually click the reconfigure button in case we're unable to get it to reconfigure properly the first time around. Since we're doing these in bulk there will be cases where the first reconfigure fails, and potentially a case where you must manually configure the networking within your operating system. We cannot assist everyone quickly when it comes to this so you need to essentially confirm that you will not require support related to the network configuration within your operating system.

Does this sound good? Does anyone have any suggestions or requests that you'd like us to implement to make the process more appealing?

@yoursunny @FrankZ tagging you specifically as we kind of discussed this a little bit in the past and I'm interested in hearing your feedback if you're around.

This discussion has been closed.