[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    how you think we should deal with the people that modified the page to include a "Tokyo" option when it was clearly not meant to be offered on our website as an option for automatic migration

It's your fault of not blocking attempts to migrate to Tokyo, so that you have to provide service at current price for the current contract term, but you are not obligated to renew the contract at current price.

You can open an automated ticket asking the user to do one of the following:

• In order for their service to renew at current price, they must migrate away from Tokyo within next 14 days.

• They may choose between $5 migration with data or free migration without data.
    • If they do not migrate away from Tokyo within the next 14 days,

• Service will continue in Tokyo until end of current contract period.
      • The renewal price is increased to include Tokyo premium (even if they migrate to another location after the deadline).
    Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman lemoncube

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@VirMach said: OPTION #3A

This is my vote. If they raise a stink about the migration fee, then apply it as an account credit perhaps on a case by case basis. Sucks that this loophole is creating a lot of manual effort on your end to address. But I also don't think someone could willingly circumvent the system (creating their own urls) and expect a 0% chance that it would go unnoticed or the provider wouldn't retaliate in some manner.

Thanked by (1)skorous

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

You mentioned some days back that dedicated servers got some basic controls back. Was this only for certain locations? Still not seeing anything for NY servers, but having the ability to power cycle would be nice if available.

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @VirMach When I tried rebuilding the system to fix the Tokyo Storage CPU usage, it still had issues. Even with no programs running, it still averaged around 50% CPU usage.

• OPTION #3A - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them either back to their original location or the closest next location to Tokyo is available. The migration will be scheduled/with notification.

OPTION #3B - We do not modify pricing, but require that they purchase a $5 migration with data back to their original location with an allotted time period, otherwise we either cancel the service in the same manner as option #2 or recalculate per option #1.

OPTION #3C - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them to another location per option #3A but we also refund any fee paid for the initial migration which was clearly not offered on our unmodified website.

I just hope they don't affect anyone else. Let them go back to their original place.
    I don't want any more bugs.

• edited September 2022

May I suggest:
    Option 3C For those accounts that have made the transfer request by modifying web page source code and without any abusive behavior in the past.
    Option 4 For those with abusive behavior in the past.

• @Mason said: @VirMach said: OPTION #3A

I voted with.

• @VirMach said: OPTION #3C - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them to another location per option #3A but we also refund any fee paid for the initial migration which was clearly not offered on our unmodified website.

This is fair and avoid many arising tickets related to the price.

• edited September 2022

@VirMach said:
    I wanted to ask for community input on how you think we should deal with the people that modified the page to include a "Tokyo" option when it was clearly not meant to be offered on our website as an option for automatic migration.

OPTION #4
    Why so lenient to abusers when they sell their accounts for profit.

@foxcoo said:
    Everyone at hostloc loves your Tokyo machine, hahaha, so now they're all frantically moving it to Tokyo and reselling it at a high price.

I'd delete all these sneaky immigrant accounts with or without pro rata refund depending on previous abusive behaviors and call it a day if I was you. Well. It's probably not worth all the time and trouble refunding them case by case anyway.
    Especially when

many of these are clearly people that have no respect for any of our processes, coming from a community that has done similar things in the past, where they act like a mob and cause grievances.
    and these are not the type of customers we wish to do business with

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited September 2022

You probably want to come off as being fair. Given how I have seen you act in the past I think you could be ok with giving them these options

OPTION #1A- (modified) - We notify these customers specifically and only these customers of a price increase on their current term equivalent to the published upcharge for the Tokyo location at the time they modified the options for their own benefit,

or
    They can cancel their service for a pro rated refund.

or
    OPTION #3A - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them either back to their original location or the closest next location to Tokyo is available. The migration will be scheduled/with notification.

EDIT: or if they had a previous paid migration to Tokyo that was unsuccessful due to VirMachs fault, you leave them be.

@yoursunny said: It's your fault of not blocking attempts to migrate to Tokyo

If I hack my bank and put $10,000 in my account, the bank is not going to let me keep it. And if I tried to tell the judge that it was the bank's fault because they left the security hole open, the best I could expect would be a chuckle before they sent me off to jail.
    This did not happen by accident, it was intentional, and they had to take a material action to make it happen.

If it was me.
    OPTION #4 - We close the customer's account for abusive behavior.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited September 2022

The vast majority of people who move to Tokyo just need a VPN service closer to them and build some websites. There is no malicious intent. If possible, let them go back to their original places. In addition, I join the migration service in May migration of two servers to Tokyo. After that, none of the servers were successfully migrated. The tickets were only merged,the reply a week ago told me to send the tickets again and it was closed, and the fee was not refunded.a few days ago Modify the webpage code and migrate to Tokyo, I also migrated to Tokyo this way, it is equivalent to I paid twice to move the vps to Tokyo, finally, finish these things as soon as possible, virmach and your customers are exhausted.

• @VirMach said:
    OPTION #1A, #1B, #2A, #3C, #5

I do not think these are a good idea as it seems to benefit only the abusers.

OPTION #2B

Seems like a good idea, but some users will say "I didn't get the notice."

OPTION #3A

I think this is the most balanced option.

OPTION #3B

I like this idea too but I think you will get a lot of tasks.

I like this the best, but surely you will receive many complaints and will be busy responding to them...

• edited September 2022

I would recommend migrating to tokyo customers on demand, while continuously monitoring resource abuse.

• I will trust VirMach but it behaviors like honeypot in someway

• Collected all the migration fee paid with exposed backend interface somewhere ppl can easily discover.
    • Options to close/suspend/migrate (still have one option though to refund the fee, but not sure if refund to original payment method or account credit, account credit is is just a number, the money still in provider's pocket , which remind me I had few hundreds $ account credit with hostsolutions.ro and now is nothing :) )

Mature providers: Leave it as it is if possible and do it better next time
    Ordinary providers: OPTION #3C
    Low providers: Take the fee paid and close them all

just a thought

• refund fees and close service if its done in a cheating way.

• @VirMach said:
    OPTION #3A - We do not modify pricing, and mass migrate them either back to their original location or the closest next location to Tokyo is available. The migration will be scheduled/with notification.

For customers who have previously behaved normally, they are not abusing and are just following the trend, but should not refund the migration fee like option #3C, which is the price to pay for doing the wrong thing.

For flagged malicious resellers.

• @VirMach said:
    I wanted to ask for community input on how you think we should deal with the people that modified the page to include a "Tokyo" option when it was clearly not meant to be offered on our website as an option for automatic migration.

I do not believe letting it slide is a realistic option as it will only encourage continued negative behavior and these are not the type of customers we wish to do business with, for our protection and maintaining some level of fairness when it comes to offering deals & functions that are meant to benefit everyone equally.

My gut reaction is #4, it was really poorly secured but this was blatant abuse. Make it clear that this kind of thing won't be tolerated. Maybe a middle ground between that an #2B, terminate just the specific service for abuse, but no pro-rated refund. Personally I feel like if you don't take fairly serious action on this, it's just going to encourage people to push their luck again and again. Many of these options are virtually no punishment, or even outright no punishment but some downtime, and that doesn't feel like a deterrent.

• edited September 2022

• After forcing the migration by modifying the page elements, I saw that there are hundreds of trade posts for virmach toyko vps on that forum. They often have multiple virmach accounts registered with fake information in order to transactions. And they usually sell their vps for double or triple the original purchase price.
    • Many of them don't want to comply with the rules and like to take advantages from major Host. Don't worry about losing customers . When the next sale day comes, they will comeback.
    • What's even more funny is that they obviously only want to buy 'BF-SPECIAL with limited support' but still want VIP customer service.
    • They are now also discussing the options you give, some irrational and even going to DDOS your website to teach you a lesson. They seem to completely forget that their actions can be prosecuted or even jailed in their country.
    • I suggest using option 4 to deal with these users, it will save you unnecessary trouble. This is also fair to other users who follow the rules.
  • edited September 2022

Ok, let me see.

• edited September 2022

My choice is 3a, some people may not be abusive, they just follow the behavior of others to migrate to Tokyo, but it has been marked as abusive, 4 is ok. I don't support 3c because they have to pay for doing wrong.

• edited September 2022

Some users to using f12 successfully migrated Tokyo, you can give a certain period of time to migrate to other regions, otherwise the machine will be suspended :# .

• @VirMach

Getting something done by modifying the code is not normal and shouldn't be ignored. Kick their balls. Make them hurt. Let others know the consequences of this act

• Thanked by (3)skorous ehab bakageta

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• first off, fix the bug

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @gogogo said:
    first off, fix the bug

did you do it?

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • @VirMach said: More plans should be able to use the Ryzen Migrate button now.

None of my services have such buttons. Plans: BF-SPECIAL-2020 / EXT-SPECIAL-KVM / Pro+ LITE / BF-SPECIAL-OVZ

• @Daevien said: What if he prefers Pepsi or something else?

I do not drink such poison

• @Unicom said:

@Daevien said: What if he prefers Pepsi or something else?

I do not drink such poison

what do you drink with pizza?

• @ehab said: what do you drink with pizza?

White wine or red wine B)

Thanked by (1)ehab
This discussion has been closed.