[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach will you please connect NYCB033X to Solus Panel? It was never connected and I'm running low on OS install, but it says
    "If you run out, please use the control panel directly." There is NO Control Panel!

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

@tenpera said:
    @VirMach will you please connect NYCB033X to Solus Panel? It was never connected and I'm running low on OS install, but it says
    "If you run out, please use the control panel directly." There is NO Control Panel!

I definitely need more details like your plan name and what functions you performed such as Ryzen migrate.

Thanked by (1)tenpera
  • @FrankZ said:
    TYOC002S is back, accessible via the billing panel, SolusVM, and ssh.

@FrankZ said:
    TYOC002S is back, accessible via the billing panel, SolusVM, and ssh.

@VirMach said:

@foxcoo said:
    TYOC002S offline, please check. I think someone is mining with it.Because I have noticed that the online CPU usage has now dropped significantly. :'(

@FrankZ said: back, accessible via the billing panel, SolusVM, and ssh.

We're going to reach out to some top users especially around Saturday night and figure out how it's being used and how it could potentially be optimized. That probably means anyone who noticed it today might be one of the top users as that's how usually things go. Once we deal with that if it doesn't calm down then we need to evaluate all the rest. The server's fine, the disks are fine, the controller is fine, and it's online, but it keeps getting stuck in scenario every Saturday because of the way it's being utilized.

Tokyo essentially has lots and lots of sporadic bursting patterns that can amplify eachother to the point where it's temporarily toast until it catches back up.

Weird. mine is still down.
    This is the first time I'm experiencing this since it was provisioned in June.

cPanel/shared hosting IP changes. I spoke with our developer and we decided to change plans a little. Not that it matters, I don't think I ever shared the original plan.

I wanted some feedback from anyone who has a dedicated IP address on VPShared or VirMach cPanel plan. One of the nameserver IP addresses is changing and we're probably going to add a 3rd and 4th. Grabbing the exact IP you might have previously and then mapping it to the new one and changing it is going to be difficult to get down perfectly, especially since we have an unknown ETA for the LOA being processed. We do already have a smaller block which we can use for the main shared IP and communicate that sooner, and essentially tell everyone who has a dedicated IP with an A record to discontinue using it. While I'm setting up the new nameservers I'll also try to set up the Cloudflare module again if that's supported, which will allow you to switch over to that for the time being with a shared IP.

This way there's virtually zero downtime.

It also makes adding the dedicated IPv4 smoother and that way there's no rush on having to use it again. Plus if you forget to do it, you will immediately know it's broken and then have the new one already listed on your cPanel so even if the above communication is missed, it's where it should be and at the exact moment it breaks the new one is there.

Of course for people who really want their dedicated IP switched sooner we do have some extras we can manually switch it to earlier. I won't mention this part in the email as it'll just be unhelpful and potentially confusing to most people but you'd just make a priority ticket and we'll keep an eye out for them.

Any suggestions?

• JabJab
    edited September 2022

Created on: 26 September 2022 at 07:14 (Delivered after 2 seconds)
    From: Virtual Machine Solutions LLC Technical Support tickets@virmach.com Using Virtual Machine Solutions LLC
    (...)
    This is a (7) day notice. The change will be completed on Thursday, September 29, 2022.

Running behind schedule, a lot it seems?
    Also it still seems like not everything is done - like I got ticket about FFME002, but not about FFME001 and both uses the same address space so I expect both to be migrated ;')

I suggest to update template a this point - if someone will get this ticket for first time and will stop reading after "This is a 7 day notice" (I don't have time for this now, 7 days, I will read it Friday) - (s)he gonna get pissed in few days..

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @VirMach said:

We're going to reach out to some top users especially around Saturday night and figure out how it's being used and how it could potentially be optimized. That probably means anyone who noticed it today might be one of the top users as that's how usually things go. Once we deal with that if it doesn't calm down then we need to evaluate all the rest. The server's fine, the disks are fine, the controller is fine, and it's online, but it keeps getting stuck in scenario every Saturday because of the way it's being utilized.

Tokyo essentially has lots and lots of sporadic bursting patterns that can amplify eachother to the point where it's temporarily toast until it catches back up.

CPU steal has been a constant issue since day 2 after provisioning.
    Is it too difficult to suspend CPU/IO heavy users and network abusers?

• @VirMach said: Any suggestions?

Why does my VPS traffic become 4g?

• @edenten said: Why does my VPS traffic become 4g?

That is not a suggestion, it is a piss-poorly worded question.

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@edenten said: Why does my VPS traffic become 4g?

That is not a suggestion, it is a piss-poorly worded question.

Don't poke fun. If you were living under 4g's you'd type gibberish too.

• Reminds me: I need to top-up one of my mobile phone SIMs - it's only 3G though.

• @skorous said: That is not a suggestion, it is a piss-poorly worded question.

Don't poke fun. If you were living under 4g's you'd type gibberish too.

I misread it! It's 40g

• @AlwaysSkint said: - it's only 3G though.

Maybe I'm the Terminator

• @VirMach said: Of course for people who really want their dedicated IP switched sooner we do have some extras we can manually switch it to earlier.

Presumably you are fixing the previous traffic bugs.
    It may also be necessary to add a button about reverting to the default traffic.

• @Ademan said:

@Ademan said:

@VirMach said:
    (edit) I'll try to locate the older backups and on the chance that you're insanely lucky and it's there, it happened to be the specific segment that got copied over fully intact, and so on. It'll take several days at the very least. Make sure you have a priority ticket if you already don't.

I think that's really the best I can hope for at this point, thank you for going the extra mile on this! My latest backup is (negligently on my part...) ~May, so if you have anything newer than that, I'll take it! Late June would be great, an obviously if there was something from that week I'd be over the moon.

RE: priority ticket, I created a very general one should I have a specific one for a backup restoration? The ticket I already created won't let me reply to it even to add context I missed when I created it heh.

Hey @VirMach I just wanted to make sure this was still on your radar. I created a new priority ticket specifically for a backup restoral since my original priority ticket was closed. I'd really like to get things back up and running before the 3 month anniversary of the botched migration (< 2 weeks away).

Cheers!

• edited September 2022

Rant/
    Continuously bombarding virtual NICs and computing resources by some ass that doesn't know how to configure dropbox and/or doesn't give a crap..

Firewall: UDP_IN Blocked IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:16:3c:86:xx:xx:xx:00 SRC=45.15.160.10 DST=45.15.160.255 LEN=210 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=27191 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=190
    Firewall: UDP_IN Blocked IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:16:3c:86:xx:xx:xx:00 SRC=45.15.160.10 DST=255.255.255.255 LEN=210 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=16562 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=190

Only one example of which there are likely thousands at any given minute on a provider's network. I'm seeing similar with plex lusers in AMS.
    Let's double the network blasts.. (rhetorical)

iptables -I INPUT 1 -s 45.15.160.0/24 ! -d 45.15.160..my_ip -m comment --comment "Noisy neighbours" -j REJECT

/Rant

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Rant/
    Continuously bombarding virtual NICs and computing resources by some ass that doesn't know how to configure dropbox and/or doesn't give a crap..

Firewall: UDP_IN Blocked IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:16:3c:86:xx:xx:xx:00 SRC=45.15.160.10 DST=45.15.160.255 LEN=210 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=27191 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=190
    Firewall: UDP_IN Blocked IN=eth0 OUT= MAC=ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:ff:00:16:3c:86:xx:xx:xx:00 SRC=45.15.160.10 DST=255.255.255.255 LEN=210 TOS=0x00 PREC=0x00 TTL=128 ID=16562 PROTO=UDP SPT=17500 DPT=17500 LEN=190

Only one example of which there are likely thousands at any given minute on a provider's network. I'm seeing similar with plex lusers in AMS.
    Let's double the network blasts.. (rhetorical)

iptables -I INPUT 1 -s 45.15.160.0/24 ! -d 45.15.160..my_ip -m comment --comment "Noisy neighbours" -j REJECT

/Rant

The Dropbox port has always been really annoying. What port(s) is Plex using now? I thought they got rid of their broadcast stuff.

• edited September 2022

@skorous said: What port(s) is Plex using now?

I've since blocked 'em and the system log is swamped, so can't tell you offhand. I did check against known port assignments though. The flattened network of AMS doesn't help - broadcasting across subnets. :(

Thanked by (1)skorous

@VirMach said:

CPU steal has been a constant issue since day 2 after provisioning.
    Is it too difficult to suspend CPU/IO heavy users and network abusers?

The usage is extremely spiky in that location for almost every user. If that's how it's going to be used by most customers in that region then obviously to stop this we can't just start suspending everyone during peak times and it'd be better to reach out and try to smooth out the usage where we can first to at least avoid the server from locking up on Saturdays.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@skorous said: What port(s) is Plex using now?

I've since blocked 'em and the system log is swamped, so can't tell you offhand. I did check against known port assignments though. The flattened network of AMS doesn't help - broadcasting across subnets. :(

Amsterdam will be fixed along with the IP changes that are coming this week, as in they'll be split off.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous
  • Some of my VMs are down from the FFME006 node since yesterday. Can't access the CP as well.

• TYOC026 maybe has disk issue partially. 1 of my 2 servers there is offline due disk failed

We already got a report for TYOC026 which I've been looking into and about to create a network status for, and then no reports for FFME006 but it looks like it's been overloading. It's not down yet but effectively unusable. I'll add it to the list and make the announcement alongside TYOC026.

Thanked by (1)haynhat
  • @VirMach
    Is the bandwidth problem with the vps still solved? Just restore the default.

Tokyo maintenance window created for all servers.

Thanked by (2)tototo nick_
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

hope this fixes things with TYO

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said: .. along with the IP changes that are coming this week, as in they'll be split off.

I was guessing/hoping that might happen. ;)

• I also got ip replacement mail. But I don't really want my server location to get changed from Amsterdam/Frankfurt to US.(though IP change is fine, but not location)
    I have already mentioned this in the tickets,
    Hopefully it get noticed by @VirMach

• Not now, Kaito!

• The fuck you @Kaito is talking about? Where the hell you found location change?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Forgive me, I am not really an advanced user. I tried to check the ip location from online sites.
    Maybe I am wrong about how the ip allotment works.

This discussion has been closed.