pCloud Lifetime on sale again - 122€ for 500GB, 245€ for 2TB

YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

Seems like pCloud lifetime storage is on sale again. Technically, there is almost always some kind of sale going on, but I believe the offer which is on right now equals the one from BF, so may be worth sharing? ;)

Is anyone using them? I have got Koofr so far, but thought about jumping on pCloud at some point, too. As kind of an additional backup kinda thing. @vyas have you been using them?
https://www.pcloud.com/Valentine2022?channelid=979&label=ValentinesDayPM2022

Comments

  • That sounds pretty bogus, "lifetime" lol. Nothing ever is. If it stays running for 5 years, that's €49/year for 2TB or around €2/mo per TB, which is ok but not great these days. The 500GB plan is not attractive at all. I would stay away.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • I've come across a few complaints from lifetime pCloud users saying their accounts were closed due to having copyrighted content, which the users denied having. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but it made me hesitate. I too have a lifetime Koofr membership and have thought about adding lifetime pCloud, but I think I'm just going to stick with either the free or monthly with them.

    Thanked by (3)Ympker Ironia someTom
  • @jaden said:
    I've come across a few complaints from lifetime pCloud users saying their accounts were closed due to having copyrighted content, which the users denied having. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but it made me hesitate. I too have a lifetime Koofr membership and have thought about adding lifetime pCloud, but I think I'm just going to stick with either the free or monthly with them.

    I ended up getting filen.io lifetime plans for the same reason and because the service seems very promising.

    You can find the lifetime plans here : https://filen.io/pro

    And a shameless aff link here: https://filen.io/r/b28d8e3ccb1ff9d46fa2d9e70222c9e7

    The whitepaper about the service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    The whitepaper about their service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    Auto upload and other improvements are on their way in the next update.

    Thanked by (1)Ympker

    Team push-ups!

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited February 11

    @willie said:
    That sounds pretty bogus, "lifetime" lol. Nothing ever is. If it stays running for 5 years, that's €49/year for 2TB or around €2/mo per TB, which is ok but not great these days. The 500GB plan is not attractive at all. I would stay away.

    To be fair they have been around for 9(?!) years already. Koofr lifetime deal has also been around for quite some years now (they are hosted at Hetzner) and are still going strong. I agree, though. Especially with power, electricity and hardware costs rising, it is a question of how long they will last. Then again, they also offer monthly/yearly subs. So that may also produce some income.

    @jaden
    Yeah, I have read some Reddit posts where they apparently even scanned files prior to the upload and prior to being encrypted by their encryption process to later run and compare hashes against copyright infringement and other things. This certainly didn't bode well. However, just dumping some extra backups there or files that are already encrypted may still be worth it. They also seem to support rclone.

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @Astro said:

    @jaden said:
    I've come across a few complaints from lifetime pCloud users saying their accounts were closed due to having copyrighted content, which the users denied having. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but it made me hesitate. I too have a lifetime Koofr membership and have thought about adding lifetime pCloud, but I think I'm just going to stick with either the free or monthly with them.

    I ended up getting filen.io lifetime plans for the same reason and because the service seems very promising.

    You can find the lifetime plans here : https://filen.io/pro

    And a shameless aff link here: https://filen.io/r/b28d8e3ccb1ff9d46fa2d9e70222c9e7

    The whitepaper about the service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    The whitepaper about their service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    Auto upload and other improvements are on their way in the next update.

    Looks nice, too. A german project from a UG. Might follow this one (although the Reddit suggests people are waiting for some updates).

  • @Ympker said:

    @Astro said:

    @jaden said:
    I've come across a few complaints from lifetime pCloud users saying their accounts were closed due to having copyrighted content, which the users denied having. I have no idea if it's accurate or not, but it made me hesitate. I too have a lifetime Koofr membership and have thought about adding lifetime pCloud, but I think I'm just going to stick with either the free or monthly with them.

    I ended up getting filen.io lifetime plans for the same reason and because the service seems very promising.

    You can find the lifetime plans here : https://filen.io/pro

    And a shameless aff link here: https://filen.io/r/b28d8e3ccb1ff9d46fa2d9e70222c9e7

    The whitepaper about the service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    The whitepaper about their service is here: https://filen.io/assets/FilenSecurityWhitepaper.pdf

    Auto upload and other improvements are on their way in the next update.

    Looks nice, too. A german project from a UG. Might follow this one (although the Reddit suggests people are waiting for some updates).

    Yeah they have had some delays with the next update. They are pretty responsive on discord and Reddit though! They have posted a progress update there a few times.

    Team push-ups!

  • flipsflips OG
    edited February 11

    @Ympker said:
    Seems like pCloud lifetime storage is on sale again. Technically, there is almost always some kind of sale going on, but I believe the offer which is on right now equals the one from BF, so may be worth sharing? ;)

    Is anyone using them? I have got Koofr so far, but thought about jumping on pCloud at some point, too. As kind of an additional backup kinda thing.

    I'm using pCloud, as well as Koofr. Got their Lifetime deal 3 or 4 years ago. No big issues, and helpful support (had some minor issues with the macOS client, a good while ago). Feature wise pCloud might be ahead a little, depending on which features matters for you.
    Mounting music for Plex through rclone worked better for me using pCloud than Koofr, but might just be an option to the rclone mount command ...

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
    edited February 11

    pcloud < > Koofr in terms of features and performance. If you have one you typically won’t need both.

    Thanked by (2)Ympker IV__

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • I would never, ever trust that a provider that gives me a bunch of storage for "life" with a one time fee would survive in the long term

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited February 21

    @vitobotta said:
    I would never, ever trust that a provider that gives me a bunch of storage for "life" with a one time fee would survive in the long term

    They have been around since 2013 afaik. Just like Koofr. That's long enough for me to at least give them a try. As long as it's not your only backup location it's alright, I'd argue. I can't comment much on pCloud yet since I only purchased recently, however I have been Koofr for over a year now (at least) and I am sure @vyas can agree that Koofr has been rock-solid.
    With Lifetime deals it always comes down to doing your research and then wondering whether they'll be around long enough to give you your money's worth. E.g. before I purchased VPN Unlimited lifetime for 39$, I paid NordVPN 90$ for their 2 year subs (45$/year). I am using Keepsolid VPN since 2017(?!) now and couldn't be happier. There are also lots of other users on here and the green community that are very happy with Keepsolid. Granted, there are also bad lifetime deals and scammy providers, but I have been happy with the LTDs I picked so far :)

  • edited July 4

    July 2022 Update? 80% off again. Temping.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    @AaronSS said:
    July 2022 Update? 80% off again. Temping.

    Where do you see it

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    Thx
    Might be a geographic special

    I see standard 67 percent off which they sometimes bump to 75 percent off.

    80 is cool

    VPS reviews | | MicroLXC | English is my nth language.

  • Interesting

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited July 4

    Just about 1 week ago the 500GB Lifetime plan was 67€ on Stacksocial.
    "Sale ended" though.

  • @Ympker said:
    Just about 1 week ago the 500GB Lifetime plan was 67€ on Stacksocial.
    "Sale ended" though.

    That seems too good to be true.

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited July 4

    @AaronSS said:

    @Ympker said:
    Just about 1 week ago the 500GB Lifetime plan was 67€ on Stacksocial.
    "Sale ended" though.

    That seems too good to be true.

    It was this one: 59,99$ for 500GB. Somebody posted it on either forum some days ago. Can't remember where it was.

    https://stacksocial.com/sales/pcloud-premium-lifetime-subscription

    Found it. @sonic posted about this deal here: https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/91517#Comment_91517

  • @vitobotta said:
    I would never, ever trust that a provider that gives me a bunch of storage for "life" with a one time fee would survive in the long term

    I suspect the bigger risk is that these get outdated within record time.

    £245 for 2TB, meanwhile a 2TB NVME is $139.99 on Amazon. (note gbp vs usd). Missing redundancy of course, but to me this is looking shaky right now already never mind in 2 years.

    So not particularly worried about them going out of biz by offering too many of these lifetime deals.

  • InternxtInternxt Services Provider

    @vitobotta said:
    I would never, ever trust that a provider that gives me a bunch of storage for "life" with a one time fee would survive in the long term

    This is the reason we have discontinued Lifetime plan. They are just not sustainable in long run, they are good to get quick promotion and bunch of new users onboard but bad for business. It is because maintaining such service need good infrastructure and team. That is in turn need continuous investment, life-time deals are not good for that.

    Internxt.com - Zero Knowledge End to End Encryption - Privacy Focused Cloud Storage
    Internxt Send - Encrypt and send files in total privacy

  • @Internxt said:

    @vitobotta said:
    I would never, ever trust that a provider that gives me a bunch of storage for "life" with a one time fee would survive in the long term

    This is the reason we have discontinued Lifetime plan. They are just not sustainable in long run, they are good to get quick promotion and bunch of new users onboard but bad for business. It is because maintaining such service need good infrastructure and team. That is in turn need continuous investment, life-time deals are not good for that.

    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

  • InternxtInternxt Services Provider
    edited July 5

    @localhost said:
    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

    I can't guarantee that we won't :)

    Internxt.com - Zero Knowledge End to End Encryption - Privacy Focused Cloud Storage
    Internxt Send - Encrypt and send files in total privacy

  • @Internxt said:

    @localhost said:
    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

    I can't guarantee that we won't :)

    Yeh... let's see... I personally feel before labor day in the USA we should see your lifetimes back

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @localhost said:

    @Internxt said:

    @localhost said:
    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

    I can't guarantee that we won't :)

    Yeh... let's see... I personally feel before labor day in the USA we should see your lifetimes back

    Wouldn't even be bad. pCloud has been around since 2013 and they keep selling lifetimes. Somehow still enough new members are attracted and staff&bills are paid + profit. All good, then.

    Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @Ympker said:

    @localhost said:

    @Internxt said:

    @localhost said:
    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

    I can't guarantee that we won't :)

    Yeh... let's see... I personally feel before labor day in the USA we should see your lifetimes back

    Wouldn't even be bad. pCloud has been around since 2013 and they keep selling lifetimes. Somehow still enough new members are attracted and staff&bills are paid + profit. All good, then.

    Ofcourse... my only issue is there are way more promises made and kept by internxt... long awaited features are promised and still not delivered...

    There is zero visibility on the roadmap (I don't expect full roadmap to be released)... but atleast honor what the real users have been waiting for...

    I want them to succeed, however it seems unlikely if they cannot deliver

    Thanked by (1)Ympker
  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer
    edited July 5

    @localhost said:

    @Ympker said:

    @localhost said:

    @Internxt said:

    @localhost said:
    Lets see how "soon" the Internxt Lifetime plans come back. :)

    I can't guarantee that we won't :)

    Yeh... let's see... I personally feel before labor day in the USA we should see your lifetimes back

    Wouldn't even be bad. pCloud has been around since 2013 and they keep selling lifetimes. Somehow still enough new members are attracted and staff&bills are paid + profit. All good, then.

    Ofcourse... my only issue is there are way more promises made and kept by internxt... long awaited features are promised and still not delivered...

    There is zero visibility on the roadmap (I don't expect full roadmap to be released)... but atleast honor what the real users have been waiting for...

    I want them to succeed, however it seems unlikely if they cannot deliver

    I can definitely understand your concern. I bought this as an investment and expect to start using it in 3 years. Before then I don't expect much will have happened. Time will tell though. Got Koofr and pCloud as reliable backups :)

    They likely need to hire more devs or are (hopefully) in the process of doing so.

    Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @Internxt said:

    This is the reason we have discontinued Lifetime plan. They are just not sustainable in long run, they are good to get quick promotion and bunch of new users onboard but bad for business.

    And still here we are. You are still affirming lifetimes = bad for business (in a competitor's thread) and you still are saying you will bring back lifetimes.

    Not sure what are you trying to get at...

    Thanked by (1)ialexpw
  • Not sure what are you trying to get at...

    I think we all do 😁

    Thanked by (2)localhost ialexpw

    I sometimes worry that I'm so correct in all I say, that there might be something wrong with me

Sign In or Register to comment.