[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @JDMcPea said:
    @bakageta I double-dog dare you to Spin the Wheel :p

Ok, I'm in, why not? Easy come easy go.

@VirMach said:
    I was going to do a wheel but it ends up being pretty boring when trying to balance it out. If anyone really wants I'll do an equal odds wheel or dice roll where you put up your NVMe2G for a chance to win, but if you lose, you lose the NVMe2G.

So if you want, winning vs loss odds:

NVMe4G - 50/50 (1 vs 1 wheel)

The NVMe4G would essentially be the "double or nothing" option. Just quote this message, pick which one, and confirm you're willing to risk your NVMe2G.

Everyone loves a gambler, I confirm I'm willing to risk the NVMe2G. Double or nothin' baby!

• If he loses, can I get it? /vulture-mode

Thanked by (3)FrankZ yoursunny storm

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said: If he loses, can I get it? /vulture-mode

That's the spirit !!

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint storm

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• so exciting around here B)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    If he loses, can I get it? /vulture-mode

I know this is not a vote but I'd say YES - with the caveat that if bakageta loses and AlwaysSkint gets a VPS he has to spin again with his choice of odds.

Just for some Sunday drama.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@bakageta said:
    Everyone loves a gambler, I confirm I'm willing to risk the NVMe2G. Double or nothin' baby!

Okay so this is for double or nothing (NVMe2G deleted versus NVMe4G.) I'll also also let you pick 2 x NVMe2G instead if you win, doesn't make that big of a difference either way. Good luck!!!

That actually felt terrible, it was so close. Unless other people are going to do it I'm going to maintain that I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I can't believe I just spent 7 minutes trying to remember how to do spoiler tags and it's literally right there.

• Thanked by (4)FrankZ ehab bakageta storm

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @jamessmith110 said:

@VirMach said:
    Actually I have an even better idea to dig myself a bigger grave. There's like what 30 guesses? Okay this should get the job done. I really shouldn't be doing this but it sounds fun. Everyone who made a guess (for today/yesterday, whatever you want to call it) will get an SSD2G for life if I don't either (1) answer 1,000 tickets today or (2) clear out the ticket queue via non-automated means, as in I won't just close all of them. Very bold move, let's see how it plays out. I'm going to go immediately acquire some ... cocoa beans. Meanwhile you guys can celebrate prematurely. Honestly it's probably 80/20 in your odds.

And of course if I don't get anywhere close it just means I could've definitely done it but I wanted to let you guys win. ;)

If we were going to post a guess but then never got around to posting it does that still count? Asking for a friend.

@VirMach Can we spin for if this is included since you have the spinner out anyway?

• @bakageta said:

I'm sorry for what I did. You are a better and more adventurous person than me.

This will haunt me for the rest of the day and I will shut up now

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint ialexpw
  • So, people got SSD2G for free already? I also participated but didn't get any. So, who are those 30 people who got it? What was the criteria?

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • RYZE.PHX-Z001.VMS on VNC is not working, prompt: Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server) I don't know if it's my problem or something else, but I hope he can recover .

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

I Ryzen migrated a VM to Chicago2 today (no it was not the free one), and the VM now shows on CHI2Z027 but
    has a broken LVM. VNC shows the "No bootable device" error. I know that VirMach will come around and fix
    it sometime in the next few weeks when he does the batch, so I will not put in a ticket. But I am curious if there is a
    way to prevent this from happening on my end.
    Is it better to have the VM running or stopped when doing a Ryzen migrate.
    Anyone with any words of wisdom, other than don't migrate ?

EDIT: Doing the Ryzen migrate again fixed it.

P.S. I feel bad that you lost @bakageta

Thanked by (1)bakageta

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

@YanJony said:
    RYZE.PHX-Z001.VMS on VNC is not working, prompt: Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server) I don't know if it's my problem or something else, but I hope he can recover .

It's been changed to only allow connections through our website. Too many bruteforces right now on new IP blocks. The change was just made, I'm finalizing a few others and then will made it more well known on the VNC pages.

I tried all other methods but they're bruteforcing it to the point where our script crashes and it leaks through anyway and causes problems with swap and disks/overloading/CPU lockup.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

That actually felt terrible, it was so close. Unless other people are going to do it I'm going to maintain that I'm too lazy to do anything about it. I can't believe I just spent 7 minutes trying to remember how to do spoiler tags and it's literally right there.

The confetti cracked me up at least. I think if anyone else decides to spite me and join in, you should do it with 6-8 options and just alternate. Fingers crossed that no one decides to spite me, but if you do end up doing something about it, I knew the risks.

• @VirMach said:

@YanJony said:
    RYZE.PHX-Z001.VMS on VNC is not working, prompt: Failed to connect to server (code: 1011, reason: Failed to connect to downstream server) I don't know if it's my problem or something else, but I hope he can recover .

It's been changed to only allow connections through our website. Too many bruteforces right now on new IP blocks. The change was just made, I'm finalizing a few others and then will made it more well known on the VNC pages.

I tried all other methods but they're bruteforcing it to the point where our script crashes and it leaks through anyway and causes problems with swap and disks/overloading/CPU lockup.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to you fixing him up, I'll try in a while.

• @FrankZ said: Anyone with any words of wisdom, other then THAN don't migrate

Thanked by (2)FrankZ _MS_

• As far as I know VirMach will eventually fulfil and get to everyone on the free thing, it might take somewhere within 1 day to 1 year but please wait for it, lets be patient :)

Honestly I think even a free for life NAT NVMe LITE would already be great

• Amsterdam.
    If I install ryzen debian 11 from template, login and do
    apt update
    apt upgrade
    reboot
    The vm will no longer boot (vnc says no disk).
    Re-install e.g. 20.04 and works fine.
    Suggestions ?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: Anyone with any words of wisdom, other then THAN don't migrate

Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint _MS_ skorous

• edited October 2022

@msatt Debian 10 first, then do a manual upgrade.
    The 1st time I tried Alama8.6 from netboot.xyz it didn't work, 2nd time it did (after a short wait).
    Perhaps just try again?
    [Personally, I avoid templates, but use the the Alma one just to enable pass-through.]

Thanked by (1)msatt

• PMSL @FrankZ

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• Debian 11 from template
    yabs
    apt update
    apt upgrade
    reboot

works like a charm
    FFME02

Thanked by (1)msatt

• @VirMach said:
    Just quote this message, pick which one, and confirm you're willing to risk your NVMe2G.

i'll keep NVMe2G if i eligible

• edited October 2022

@msatt said:
    Amsterdam.
    If I install ryzen debian 11 from template, login and do
    apt update
    apt upgrade
    reboot
    The vm will no longer boot (vnc says no disk).
    Re-install e.g. 20.04 and works fine.
    Suggestions ?

Mayday! Mayday! You are not alone :smiley:
    TPAZ002 has the same issue. It works for few minutes (about 10) and then freezes. And never able to make it functional again with restart.

Just reinstall, functional for few minutes again, and again freezes and offline. Even if is online, still not functional.

Also @VirMach are you doing some whmcs changes? Dansk language instead of English, no sidebar.

edited October 2022

@dartagnan said:
    Also @VirMach are you doing some whmcs changes? Dansk language instead of English, no sidebar.

I don't know about the language but I was working on fixing the templates page as it was confusing some people (Almalinux had Windows icon, the labels were white on white) and then I got annoyed with how in some version they crammed in a second sidebar on that page so yes I got rid of the sidebar.

Thanked by (1)dartagnan

Ah much better

• Can confirm, went Estonian and I have no idea how to switch, please help!

Thanked by (1)dartagnan

• Yes, the current one is not cool...

@Jab said:
    Can confirm, went Estonian and I have no idea how to switch, please help!

Weird, I'm still English and default is still English and I didn't touch anything remotely close to language settings to make it do that.

Scroll to the bottom of the page to switch back, I'll look into it. Oh of course the language picker doesn't work. Maybe add &lang=english to end of the URL.

There no way WHMCS somehow tied the sidebar to language.. right? I mean it sounds like something they'd totally do but that'd be so strange. Also why did the login button move to the left? Okay maybe it really wants its sidebar back on that one page.

This discussion has been closed.