[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• I use netboot.xyz in every VPS ( Debian 11 ) without problem... Even one with 384MB of RAM

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • Virmach should just cancel his preorder and ban him from purchasing again. Sounds like an annoying customer nobody wants anyways.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

Mod note: Spam cleaned up and user warned. Please flag any further issues. Cheers!

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• What'd I miss?

• @skorous said:
    What'd I miss?

guessing some MJJ going "muh tokyo storageeeeeee" or something similar

• @FrankZ @FAT32 @imok is this the new hangout?

Thanked by (2)FAT32 imok
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@randomq said:
    @FrankZ @FAT32 @imok is this the new hangout?

I can't speak for the others, but for me, absolutely.

EDIT: and we would be glad to see you here too. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• I'm certainly enjoying it here more than OGF so far. Also enjoying VirMach's generosity during this transitional period.

The straight up communication with the community is fantastic.

• @VirMach any eta for laxa014 migration?

Want free vps ? https://microlxc.net

• @BlazinDimes said:
    I'm certainly enjoying it here more than OGF so far. Also enjoying VirMach's generosity during this transitional period.

LET has turned into a shithole, I try to make an effort not to participate there anymore. Community is basically gone, it's all just ads from corrupt providers.

Thanked by (3)lemoncube BlazinDimes wdmg
  • edited October 2022

San Jose SJC010 is back online and I'm very happy, but is the bandwidth misconfigured, I'm waiting for a fix.

Speedtest by Ookla

Server: IdeaTek Telcom - Hutchinson, KS (id: 20794)
         ISP: DediPath

Idle Latency: 40.55 ms (jitter: 14.74ms, low: 36.85ms, high: 66.54ms)
    Download: 85.08 Mbps (data used: 75.7 MB)
    77.82 ms (jitter: 29.01ms, low: 36.02ms, high: 434.95ms)
    Upload: 19.01 Mbps (data used: 10.8 MB)
    86.04 ms (jitter: 32.07ms, low: 42.37ms, high: 646.99ms)
    Packet Loss: 2.2%
    Result URL: https://www.speedtest.net/result/c/5c59fb32-2737-44ed-b9e2-67a107c319be

• edited October 2022

I'm sorry for the double post

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@YanJony - I suggest you migrate to Los Angeles if fast network speed it important to you.
    This is my speed tests and ping time results for the past week from SJCZ008. Not great, but it is more or less consistently 80 Mb/s up & down which is reasonable for most uses.

This is the same time period for my VM on LAXA009 in Los Angeles which is consistently over 500 Mb/s up & down.

Thanked by (1)willie

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@fluttershy said:

@BlazinDimes said:
    I'm certainly enjoying it here more than OGF so far. Also enjoying VirMach's generosity during this transitional period.

LET has turned into a shithole, I try to make an effort not to participate there anymore. Community is basically gone, it's all just ads from corrupt providers.

It is true that the everyday on the OGF is not much fun for me as well. I had not stopped by the OGF for a month, until yesterday, which has to be the longest time I have spent away in years. Of course I will still return for the FAT32 sponsored threads because he is awesome.

• edited October 2022

@FrankZ said:
    @YanJony - I suggest you migrate to Los Angeles if fast network speed it important to you.
    This is my speed tests and ping time results for the past week from SJCZ008. Not great, but it is more or less consistently 80 Mb/s up & down which is reasonable for most uses.
    EDIT removed image link to avoid clutter

This is the same time period for my VM on LAXA009 in Los Angeles which is consistently over 500 Mb/s up & down.

EDIT removed image link to avoid clutter

This isn't an issue with SJC as a location, a few nodes seem to be limited to 100mbit there. I communicated this to VirMach and they said they're working on a fix. I do have a few VMs that are at 1gbit in SJC and some at 100mbit. Agreed though, LAX is a decent bit quicker (at least in Hivelocity it is).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:
    It is true that the everyday on the OGF is not much fun for me as well. I had not stopped by the OGF for a month, until yesterday, which has to be the longest time I have spent away in years. Of course I will still return for the FAT32 sponsored threads because he is awesome.

I love FAT32 but I don't think even he can bring me back. A lot of the reason why I stayed was for the reputable providers doing flash sales or special offers. Now that VirMach, HostHatch, etc have moved away, I don't see a reason to come back. Community here is much stronger here, and most of the providers that hang around here actually seem to care for the community aspect (I say most because there's a few scam hosts that just moved here after getting banned from OGF).

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@fluttershy said: This isn't an issue with SJC as a location, a few nodes seem to be limited to 100mbit there. I communicated this to VirMach and they said they're working on a fix. I do have a few VMs that are at 1gbit in SJC and some at 100mbit. Agreed though, LAX is a decent bit quicker (at least in Hivelocity it is).

Thank you. You have brightened my day, as San Jose had been one of the best locations for me over the years. I had been avoiding moving anything more into that location because of the so so network. It is good to hear that it might get better in the future.

@fluttershy said:

I love FAT32 but I don't think even he can bring me back. A lot of the reason why I stayed was for the reputable providers doing flash sales or special offers. Now that VirMach, HostHatch, etc have moved away, I don't see a reason to come back. Community here is much stronger here, and most of the providers that hang around here actually seem to care for the community aspect (I say most because there's a few scam hosts that just moved here after getting banned from OGF).

I agree that the community is much more reasonable here and I think Mason does a great job keeping it that way. I also feel that FAT32 has earned and deserves my respect, so since he lives on the other side of the world from me that means I try to support him in any small way that I can. If that means going to the OGF when he has a thread it is not an issue for me.

Thanked by (2)BlazinDimes imok

• @FrankZ said:
    Thank you. You have brightened my day, as San Jose had been one of the best locations for me over the years. I had been avoiding moving anything more into that location because of the so so network. It is good to hear that it might get better in the future.

If it makes you feel any better, I'd argue that San Jose has far superior networking compared to Quadranet LAX/Miami, as well as any of the Flexential locations. For most people, it's not about bandwidth but latency (webhosting, ping monitoring, most non bandwidth heavy apps, etc) and San Jose being upstreamed by Internap and backed by MIRO (their fun rerouting solution) means that you'll be seeing cleaner and less congested routes than most of the other (non INAP or Hivelocity) locations. I've been performing a traceroute and seen them reroute my traffic in real time, dropping 15MS of ping. It really does make a difference, and it's why I don't have any VMs with QuadraNet. Their network just can't do that.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:

Definitely an issue there but also not unusable. Already reported to DC.

edited October 2022

@fluttershy said: This isn't an issue with SJC as a location, a few nodes seem to be limited to 100mbit there. I communicated this to VirMach and they said they're working on a fix. I do have a few VMs that are at 1gbit in SJC and some at 100mbit. Agreed though, LAX is a decent bit quicker (at least in Hivelocity it is).

This is a separate issue. Also I don't think it's hard capped to 100Mbit the switch is just dying and it's not ours.

Sending in a switch won't help because for the smaller footprint it ends up just going through theirs. Overall I'm seeing less and less reason for that location outside of major serving the immediate area but something like 95% of the customers aren't in the area anyway, it's not a location like Atlanta which has a lot of locals.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited October 2022

@fluttershy said: and San Jose being upstreamed by Internap and backed by MIRO (their fun rerouting solution) means that you'll be seeing cleaner and less congested routes than most of the other (non INAP or Hivelocity) locations. I've been performing a traceroute and seen them reroute my traffic in real time, dropping 15MS of ping. It really does make a difference, and it's why I don't have any VMs with QuadraNet. Their network just can't do that.

QuadraNet would be great if they stopped artificially shooting themselves in the foot. Okay maybe not GREAT

Thanked by (2)fluttershy FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said:

@cybertech said: how do you claim the free vps?

@lemoncube said: why couldn't I claim the free vps?

To claim the free 2GB VPS you had to have made a guess of the tickets that VirMach was going to complete on October 5th. Which both of you did. Then when VirMach did not complete 1000 tickets on October 6th those that made a ticket guess on the 5th were eligible for the free VPS. You still needed to PM VirMach your account email and a screen shot, or other method to show that you had made the guess post during the time VirMach required after he made the comment below on October 6th.

@VirMach said: I guess you guys can start messaging me your accounts with us, quote your guess and make sure it's within the period of time I said.

Wow, I'm going to apply.

• @fluttershy said:

@gin said:

@fluttershy said:

@gin said:
    All region is out of stock? I think it is impossible.

Did you try to move to every region? I just moved one of my (smaller) VMs and everything worked fine.

Yes, I do but no region can success.
    Ryzen Special 384 Special Offers

Unlucky, try again in a day or two. Paid migration might get quicker turnaround but that's just a guess. I've had migrations fail one day and work the next, so just be patient and come back tomorrow.

Redeploy still can not work! @VirMach

• @VirMach said: [re SJC] Overall I'm seeing less and less reason for that location outside of major serving the immediate area but something like 95% of the customers aren't in the area anyway, it's not a location like Atlanta which has a lot of locals.

There has to be a lot of users in the bay area! If SJC goes away, LAX would be my next choice, but SJC is a nice location if the issues can be straightened out.

• @willie said:

@VirMach said: [re SJC] Overall I'm seeing less and less reason for that location outside of major serving the immediate area but something like 95% of the customers aren't in the area anyway, it's not a location like Atlanta which has a lot of locals.

There has to be a lot of users in the bay area! If SJC goes away, LAX would be my next choice, but SJC is a nice location if the issues can be straightened out.

Agreed, SJC is a more fun "exotic" location, I use it mostly to be georedundant to my LAX servers. Can't think of many low end providers that are in San Jose and have a passable network blend.

• @FrankZ said: I agree that the community is much more reasonable here and I think Mason does a great job keeping it that way.

Also agree. I especially like that the mod team removes the offensive posts so the discussion stays on topic and cordial.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ BlazinDimes
  • my tyoc026,out of network,then become no bootable device after reboot,wtf
    first my sever is disconmect from hetrixtools,but it can send me telegram messages,but after reboot it become shit

• @VirMach sir, is TOYC002s the only node with IPV6? how about other Tokyo nodes?

• @fluttershy said: SJC is a more fun "exotic" location,

I don't see it as exotic. There's lots of tech stuff in the bay area, so if I want to run a low latency service for that region, SJC is the best place for it. Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean, and maybe others all have services around there because of that. I have something running on Vultr there now but am spending $5 a month on it. Eventually I hope to move it back to Virmach, if and when Virmach stabilizes.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

most exotic location is Japan. especially with 6TB bandwidth.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ yoursunny nick_

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

This discussion has been closed.