[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @fluttershy said:

@willie said:

@VirMach said: [re SJC] Overall I'm seeing less and less reason for that location outside of major serving the immediate area but something like 95% of the customers aren't in the area anyway, it's not a location like Atlanta which has a lot of locals.

There has to be a lot of users in the bay area! If SJC goes away, LAX would be my next choice, but SJC is a nice location if the issues can be straightened out.

Agreed, SJC is a more fun "exotic" location, I use it mostly to be georedundant to my LAX servers. Can't think of many low end providers that are in San Jose and have a passable network blend.

You and I have different ideas about georedundancy; I like servers to be on different tectonic plates at least, if not different continents :-)

• edited October 2022

@VirMach said: When you do Debian 10 --> Debian 11 does the kernel version change to the same exact version which has the problem from Debian 11 --> Debian 11 update?

Node: RYZE.AMS-D001.VMS

Debian 10 (Ryzen enabled) --> Debian 11 (apt full-upgrade, using linode mirrors)
    SMP Debian 4.19.260-1 (2022-09-29) --> 5.10.0-18-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.140-1 (2022-09-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Debian 11 (Ryzen template in Solus) - booted fine
    5.10.0-8-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.46-4 (2021-08-03) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    apt upgrade shows the same 5.10.0-18-amd64 kernel will be installed.

No problems with booting after installing Debian 11 from netboot.xyz in Solus.
    [Sequence: At final installation prompt, unmount ISO, change to HDD boot only. Press enter to finish the installation and reboot to netboot startup. Power off in Solus, then boot up.]

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Debian 11 template kernels that seems to work here:
    Linux kvm-amadeus 5.10.0-14-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.113-1 (2022-04-29) x86_64 GNU/Linux
    Linux kvm-amadeus 5.10.0-18-amd64 #1 SMP Debian 5.10.140-1 (2022-09-02) x86_64 GNU/Linux

Thanked by (1)msatt

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @taizi said:
    my tyoc026,out of network,then become no bootable device after reboot,wtf
    first my sever is disconmect from hetrixtools,but it can send me telegram messages,but after reboot it become shit

If you are installing debian 11 (already discussed ~ 2 pages back), it is a known issue and being looked in to.
    Also if you are trying to report a problem then give proper details e.g. OS, what you have done, what you are seeing etc. and raise a ticket. Saying something is shit is of no benefit to anyone.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous
  • @willie said:

@fluttershy said: SJC is a more fun "exotic" location,

I don't see it as exotic. There's lots of tech stuff in the bay area, so if I want to run a low latency service for that region, SJC is the best place for it. Linode, Vultr, Digital Ocean, and maybe others all have services around there because of that. I have something running on Vultr there now but am spending $5 a month on it. Eventually I hope to move it back to Virmach, if and when Virmach stabilizes.

Agreed, I meant exotic in the sense that a lot of the LE* providers stay away from it, and most of the VMs you can get in that location are closer to $60/year compared to $6/year.

• @ahnlak said:
    You and I have different ideas about georedundancy; I like servers to be on different tectonic plates at least, if not different continents :-)

Oh same, I keep my servers across the globe. In this case it's nice having a somewhat redundant location within ~15ms of LA in case a datacenter goes down, fiber is cut, etc. Obviously not gonna do much in the case of a natural disaster but for the more mundane stuff it's perfectly fine.

• imokimok OG
    edited October 2022

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online

This is weird. Node is offline but my VM is online =)

Network is offline though :(

The piece of apple pie have been in the fridge for more than a week. It should be good to eat it yet, right?

Thanked by (1)willie
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@imok said: The piece of apple pie have been in the fridge for more than a week. It should be good to eat it yet, right?

With apple pie if there was nothing growing on it, and it is not turning black I would eat it.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Oops, accidentally removed my old SSD256 VM in Chicago from my Tailnet without opening the SSH port in the firewall and now I'm locked out due to the node being locked.

Facepalm.

At least it's primary job is idling right now. lol

Thanked by (3)FrankZ fluttershy pikachu
  • Anyone have luck getting tickets answered right now? How long did you have to wait?

• @BlazinDimes said: Oops, accidentally removed my old SSD256 VM in Chicago from my Tailnet without opening the SSH port in the firewall and now I'm locked out due to the node being locked.

Just use VNC in panel/solus ;')

• @Jab said:

@BlazinDimes said: Oops, accidentally removed my old SSD256 VM in Chicago from my Tailnet without opening the SSH port in the firewall and now I'm locked out due to the node being locked.

Just use VNC in panel/solus ;')

Node locked so no panel/solus access :(

• I mean if node is locked then it's not even idling - it's offline most likely :P

• @Jab said:
    I mean if node is locked then it's not even idling - it's offline most likely :P

I get node locked while the VM is fine all the time.

• edited October 2022

Edit: Fixed, manually boot it

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

All 17 of my VirMach VMs are still up and working well.
    They are much better now with Ryzen and NVMe compared to the old CC E5s.
    All it took was a little patience, and now I have a bunch of great Ryzen deals that I doubt I will ever find again.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    All it took was a little patience, and now I have a bunch of great Ryzen deals that I doubt I will ever find again.

I'm getting closer, I think 33 of my 37 VMs are running fine now. All of them are absolutely killer deals that I'll never be able to snag again. It was definitely worth a few bumpy months.

• edited October 2022

@FrankZ said:

My personal account: 45/46 working fine now, only one in TYOC026 is off related to disk
    My team/company's account: all 9/9 working fine now (this is not mine so I am not multi-accounts :) )

Thanked by (2)VirMach FrankZ
  • @haynhat said:

@FrankZ said:

My personal account: 45/46 working fine now, only one in TYOC026 is off related to disk
    My team/company's account: all 9/9 working fine now (this is not mine so I am not multi-accounts :) )

Just curious: what do you use VirMach for as a company? All my VMs are hobby projects.

• @fluttershy said:

@haynhat said:

@FrankZ said:

Just curious: what do you use VirMach for as a company? All my VMs are hobby projects.

good question :)

• @fluttershy said:

@haynhat said:

@FrankZ said:

For team account: Not really for company website, it's for our team to do/test the projects / websites
    For my personal account, I was using them to host my websites only

• And I always have a daily backup to another storage VPS so if any server down I can switch them just in minutes

• @haynhat said:

Why do you need 46 servers to host personal websites?
    What's the load balancing infrastructure?
    Do you ever hit peak capacity at any location?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @yoursunny said:

@haynhat said:

Why do you need 46 servers to host personal websites?

I have many websites and I run only one website per server, some servers I just keep........idle and backup. Sometime I buy then don't know what to do with it =)

What's the load balancing infrastructure?

I don't have skill on the load balancing (I am not an IT guy)

Do you ever hit peak capacity at any location?

I think my websites are not big enough

• My 2 VPS are running fine for the past 2 or 3 months after they were upgraded. No issue at all except a minor one where SolusVM for one VPS is not working.
    Can you believe that one of them is $0.99 per year with 1GB RAM, 1 core and 50GB disk.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @lesuser said: Can you believe that one of them..

Wow! :D

• @Virmach You've gone awfy quiet; hopefully you're getting some R&R, for a change.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

Most exotic location is Denver.

@imok said:

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online

This is weird. Node is offline but my VM is online =)

Network is offline though :(

The piece of apple pie have been in the fridge for more than a week. It should be good to eat it yet, right?

Troubleshooter is wrong. We basically have to update it every time we add nodes and haven't been doing that, and IPs have been flying all over the place for them. We'll do a final update soon.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@randomq said:
    Anyone have luck getting tickets answered right now? How long did you have to wait?

Have a priority ticket if it's important. Those are almost cleared out again outside of some people waiting for backup restores.

• edited October 2022

The management here is VirMach's lackey, indulging a liar without limit, and not deleting if he has the ability

VirMach, you are not a man at all. If you have the ability, please solve the problem

After payment in Tokyo, the machine will not be switched on for six months. Unlimited indulgence to those who tamper with the code

The use qualification of these people should be deleted and they should be returned to the original area

This discussion has been closed.