Netcup Easter egg hunt 2022 has begun

edited April 17 in General

Details:
https://www.netcup-news.de/2022/04/17/frohe-ostern-2022-die-ostereiersuche-hat-begonnen/

Tracker: https://camelus.eu/netcup/ (By LET @pbx )

Netcup's Easter eggs I have hunted so far are as follows:

VPS Ostern S OST22 / 4 vCores / 4 GB RAM / 80 GB SSD
5,28€ pro Monat produkt=3041

VPS Ostern L OST22 / 10 Cores / 12 GB RAM / 480 GB SSD
12,00€ pro Monat produkt=3043

VPS Eggcellent OST22 / 16 Cores / 36 GB RAM / 2300 GB SSD
31,99€ pro Monat produkt=3044

RS Ostern M OST22 / 6 dediziert / 16 GB DDR4 / 640 GB SSD
15,49€ pro Monat produkt=3047

RS Ostern L OST22 / 8 dediziert / 24 GB DDR4 / 960 GB SSD
22,22€ pro Monat produkt=3048

RS Eggspert OST22 / 16 dediziert / 64 GB DDR4 / 3 TB SSD
51,98€ pro Monat produkt=3049

Hope there are more surprises and happy hunt :p

«1

Comments

  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer

    You need to post this twice to keep up with OGF. Or thrice to do one better. :-)

  • mikhomikho AdministratorHosting ProviderOG

    I have one netcup that I took over from another user here and I’ve been very happy with the performance.

    Perhaps grabbing another one.

    Thanked by (1)alvin

    Get 4 or more NAT servers (mix/match between packages) and get a 30 % recurring discount. https://clients.mrvm.net

  • there is also a RS Ostern S, though the M and S essentially are the standard products RS 2000 and 1000 but with doubled disk.

    for the VPS L and also M (8vcore/8GB/240GB SSD, 8.75) seems to offer 1.5x disk and 2 cores more compared to the regular product. considering that they upgraded that range only recently anyway, that's probably the best deals to grab this easter.

    Thanked by (1)webcraft
  • @vyas said:
    You need to post this twice to keep up with OGF. Or thrice to do one better. :-)

    those referrals are juicy, hence if one topic is already claimed by one person, you might need a second to make it your own. or write a tracker on your own page, to make sure the referrals get tracked properly.
    'nuff said - I think @pbx and me can coexist without public fights over it, it's kind of funny race from time to time though :lol:

    Thanked by (1)alvin
  • edited April 17

    I clicked around for while - saw nothing, so not worth the RSI it gives. :|
    I guess the tracker is the way to go for me, but meh, don't need anything just now.

    Thanked by (1)Falzo

    lowendinfo.com had no interest.

  • @AlwaysSkint said:
    I clicked around for while - saw nothing, so not worth the RSI it gives. :|
    I guess the tracker is the way to go for me, but meh, don't need anything just now.

    it is indeed quite hard for some, example:

    and yes, there is an egg hidden in that...

    Thanked by (3)AlwaysSkint Amitz skorous
  • Is the 0.14 domain stuff recurring?

  • edited April 17

    @havoc said:
    Is the 0.14 domain stuff recurring?

    yes. all their prices are recurring (and .de are actually very cheap compared to other TLDs anyway)
    for .de domains I think they even offer to act as administrative contact if you have no german address for that...

    Thanked by (1)havoc
  • vyasvyas OGContent Writer
    edited April 17

    @Falzo said:

    @vyas said:
    You need to post this twice to keep up with OGF. Or thrice to do one better. :-)

    those referrals are juicy, hence if one topic is already claimed by one person, you might need a second to make it your own. or write a tracker on your own page, to make sure the referrals get tracked properly.
    'nuff said - I think @pbx and me can coexist without public fights over it, it's kind of funny race from time to time though :lol:

    IIRC same message was posted twice by same user on OGF. But that is secondary.
    I am more interested in your message- copied and posted:

    "either use google translate or rather don't buy. netcup and their contract terms are not for everyone, so if you don't understand, it's better to not get into things you'll regret later. "

    Sometimes it is @FAT32 who shares such pearls of wisdom (and so do others occasionally) - a reminder that voice of (in)sanity still exist during such hunts and madnesses.

    Thanked by (2)Falzo alvin
  • @vyas said:
    Sometimes it is FAT32 who shares such pearls of wisdom (and so do others occasionally) - a reminder that voice of (in)sanity still exist during such hunts and madnesses.

    Not a big fan of netcup terms, so I never actually bought netcup services before :sweat_smile:

    Thanked by (4)Falzo AlwaysSkint alvin adly

    "Humanity is f*cked up" - Jay

  • edited April 17

    @Falzo said: and yes, there is an egg hidden in that...

    Nope: don't see that on my 13" screen. :'(
    No great loss, for me. Now where's my Cadbury's Cream Eggs? (The best!)

    lowendinfo.com had no interest.

  • edited April 17

    @vyas said: IIRC same message was posted twice by same user on OGF. But that is secondary.

    yes. as said, it's about referrals and tracking (referer) URLs ;-)

    to be more concrete: could be, that someone else claimed his first topics url for referrals, so he needed to create another one... ;-) ;-) ;-)

  • @AlwaysSkint said:

    @Falzo said: and yes, there is an egg hidden in that...

    Nope: don't see that on my 13" screen. :'(

    if you are looking for something specific from what has been quoted somewhere already, let me know, I can try to help you catch it ;-)

    Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @Falzo said:

    @havoc said:
    Is the 0.14 domain stuff recurring?

    yes. all their prices are recurring (and .de are actually very cheap compared to other TLDs anyway)
    for .de domains I think they even offer to act as administrative contact if you have no german address for that...

    Nice - might make for a good dev domain then.

    Lack of nested virt makes the bigger VPS a non-starter for me though.

    Also...links in tracker look broken...seem to point to random pages

  • @Falzo said: looking for something specific

    The "VPS Ostern S" might have been interesting, thanks, but really unless a month-to-month contract then not worth my effort. Too many shutdown/idling VPS already! ;)

    lowendinfo.com had no interest.

  • @AlwaysSkint said:

    @Falzo said: looking for something specific

    The "VPS Ostern S" might have been interesting, thanks, but really unless a month-to-month contract then not worth my effort. Too many shutdown/idling VPS already! ;)

    the VPS Ostern S is actually the same config as their regular VPS 500, which you can get on hourly billing for only a few cents more: https://www.netcup-offers.eu/bestellen/produkt.php?produkt=2951

    I wouldn't bother about that easter egg at all...

    Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @havoc said: Also...links in tracker look broken...seem to point to random pages

    it points to the page where the egg can be found in that very moment.

    for this specific promo you need to go the correct page just in tim and find the egg to be lead to the order page with a personal token/sessionid to be able to order it.

    as the eggs are in a cycle to appear and disappear that's why the tracker constantly changes. it's not complete though, as it would need to be updated to include all new pages that might hold eggs.

  • It was easier to catch VPS/RS Easter eggs at the beginning, but there seems to be no delicious Easter eggs in the current period :#

  • @Falzo said: it points to the page where the egg can be found in that very moment.

    Thanks - took me a while haha

    Ctrl-A seems to assist in tracking down eggs

    Thanked by (1)Falzo
  • @havoc said:

    @Falzo said: it points to the page where the egg can be found in that very moment.

    Thanks - took me a while haha

    Ctrl-A seems to assist in tracking down eggs

    Ctrl + Shift + i , click Elements , Ctrl + F Type: Easter Egg

    Hope this will make it easier for you to hunt :p

    Thanked by (2)Falzo webcraft
  • edited April 17

    Blacklisted IP is an essential at Netcup 😅

    Amadex.com Domainer + IT Supporter | Brbljaona Balkan Chat Website

  • @Amadex said:
    Blacklisted IP is an essential at Netcup 😅

    not true. maybe you got unlucky once, can happen.

    but I have 3 VMs of different age there right now and 3 addon IPs, none of those six are or ever have been blacklisted other then maybe UCEprotect level 3, which is... you know... not a blacklist at all.

    I just bought one of their offers so that VM/IP I got like two hours ago... and as said it's clean.

    Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • Bit weird that netcup uses so many different domains to serve their site

    Couldn't even find my login in my passmanager cause its saved under https://www.customercontrolpanel.de/

  • @havoc said:
    Bit weird that netcup uses so many different domains to serve their site

    Couldn't even find my login in my passmanager cause its saved under https://www.customercontrolpanel.de/

    I still use ccp.netcup.net , luckily it forwards accordingly...

  • How's their webhosting lineup? Some offers seems pretty attractive with the included domains and support for Python. Can I run e.g. Django/Flask with it?

  • What have you guys bought so far?

    So far, I've only bought two things:

    • a netcup cup (finally! :) )
    • a Webhosting 1000 plan

    I would be tempted by RS Ostern S, but this egg is very rare, so I don't think that I'd have a realistic chance anyway!

    "A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

  • I bought a VPS L because of the 480G disk... the 10 vcores are not so impressive as it sounds, but it's their vserver range and not RS so somewhat expected. 3.5k score in multi core GB5 is still something some dedis don't even reach, and at 12€ (incl VAT) there are not many alternatives anyway...

    Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

    did not get anything, using mobile phone :'(

    Thanked by (1)angstrom

    I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

  • YmpkerYmpker OGContent Writer

    @sanvit said:
    How's their webhosting lineup? Some offers seems pretty attractive with the included domains and support for Python. Can I run e.g. Django/Flask with it?

    TL;DR: I tried their web hosting (and "hourly billed VMs") once and wasn't satisfied. Not due to performance, though.
    They had some annoying issues such as not being able to register with them if your domains' nameservers are not showing to them.
    This is a pita, because in order to avoid downtime, I usually transfer sites by just editing my Hosts file accordingly and only when everything has been moved AND works, I'll update the nameservers. There were some other things, but the takeaway, just like my experiences with their "hourly billing", is that they probably offer great performance and specs for an amazing price, but there were just some things I was getting annoyed of (also no "free" backups for shared hosting and you can't just restore with 1 click; for Shared Hosting I would only choose providers that at least include weekly backups). At the end of the day, they are great for what they are, just not my cup of tea. I really want to like them, but can't bring myself to do so. As long as there are enough good alternatives out there, I'll dodge them.

    Thanked by (1)angstrom
  • @sanvit said:
    How's their webhosting lineup? Some offers seems pretty attractive with the included domains and support for Python. Can I run e.g. Django/Flask with it?

    I bought a Webhosting plan (Webhosting 1000) for the first time during Advent in mid-December. I was a little hesitant at first, but I have to say that I like it, and for the promotional price of 0,99 € / month, it's a great deal, I think. (I've just bought a second Webhosting 1000 plan. :) ) So far, my main use of the Webhosting has been for email, which seems to work well.

    That said, from a low-end perspective, netcup's Webhosting plans may appear pricey or to have too many restrictions, so one should pay attention to the details of the plans. (For example, Python isn't available on Webhosting 1000.)

    Thanked by (1)Ympker

    "A single swap file or partition may be up to 128 MB in size. [...] [I]f you need 256 MB of swap, you can create two 128-MB swap partitions." (M. Welsh & L. Kaufman, Running Linux, 2e, 1996, p. 49)

Sign In or Register to comment.