Good PHP+MySQL Benchmark for Shared Hosting

Hello!

I'm trying to find a good way to benchmark PHP+MySQL performance across various shared providers for comparison sake. I used to have a script I would use for this but apparently in my old age I've forgotten what it was called / how to find it...

Anybody have any suggestions / recommendations?

I am familiar with this for PHP only -> https://github.com/rusoft/php-simple-benchmark-script

But I need something that will benchmark MySQL performance as well [preferably a PHP script that does the testing].

Thanks!

Comments

  • bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOG

    I find this one to be convenient to use, and I think it gives comparable results for WordPress performance (and yes, it is a WP plugin):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpbenchmark/

    It may not be the most accurate method in the world, but it's pretty precise, i.e. faster-performing providers do get higher results and vice/versa.

    Thanked by (2)Hxxx MikeDVB

    Detailed info about providers whose services I've used:
    BikeGremlin web-hosting reviews

  • @bikegremlin said:
    I find this one to be convenient to use, and I think it gives comparable results for WordPress performance (and yes, it is a WP plugin):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpbenchmark/

    It may not be the most accurate method in the world, but it's pretty precise, i.e. faster-performing providers do get higher results and vice/versa.

    Better than nothing - but I'm trying to find something I can just upload and then fire off via terminal/ssh.

    I can certainly write something myself - but I used to have a script that did all of this for me. Not sure what I did with it!

  • @MikeDVB said:

    @bikegremlin said:
    I find this one to be convenient to use, and I think it gives comparable results for WordPress performance (and yes, it is a WP plugin):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpbenchmark/

    It may not be the most accurate method in the world, but it's pretty precise, i.e. faster-performing providers do get higher results and vice/versa.

    Better than nothing - but I'm trying to find something I can just upload and then fire off via terminal/ssh.

    I can certainly write something myself - but I used to have a script that did all of this for me. Not sure what I did with it!

    Have you checked your floppy disks? 😝

  • @chris said:

    @MikeDVB said:

    @bikegremlin said:
    I find this one to be convenient to use, and I think it gives comparable results for WordPress performance (and yes, it is a WP plugin):

    https://wordpress.org/plugins/wpbenchmark/

    It may not be the most accurate method in the world, but it's pretty precise, i.e. faster-performing providers do get higher results and vice/versa.

    Better than nothing - but I'm trying to find something I can just upload and then fire off via terminal/ssh.

    I can certainly write something myself - but I used to have a script that did all of this for me. Not sure what I did with it!

    Have you checked your floppy disks? 😝

    The 8" or 5.5" disks? I never really considered the hard plastic ones "floppy".

    Thanked by (2)chris bikegremlin
Sign In or Register to comment.