VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:

@skorupion said:
    @VirMach

U fucking with me?

That's there so if we ever decide to enforce it we can.

I checked view available addons page and found that NVMe2G for life is the only service quality for this addon.
    I think it's reasonable to pay $5 on an otherwise free high performance server, if I ever decide to stop idling it.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @soulchief said:

@SeaScoot said:
    Nooo!

I want this back. Sold out way too soon.

LIMITED OFFER
    $25.00 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3072MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    60GB SSD (NVMe)
    6144GB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

New offer:

LIMITED OFFER
    $35.00 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3669MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    150GB SSD (NVMe)
    15360GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

Snagged it! :p I was sweating for a short time because it kept disappearing from the cart. However, persistence paid off.

Fortunately, VirMach improved the removal of sold out items from the cart compared to previous years so it seems you are also less likely to get landed unexpectedly with the next offer in line.

• @ehab said:
    u see i told you Virmach is awake and kicking my balls.

That's not Virmach tickling your balls

Thanked by (1)ehab

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

Title changed to "VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise"

Thanked by (1)ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @AuroraZero said:
    That's not Virmach tickling your balls

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AuroraZero
  • @SeaScoot said:

@soulchief said:

@SeaScoot said:
    Nooo!

I want this back. Sold out way too soon.

LIMITED OFFER
    $25.00 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3072MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    60GB SSD (NVMe)
    6144GB MONTHLY DATA
    DALLAS, TX LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

New offer:

LIMITED OFFER
    $35.00 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3669MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    150GB SSD (NVMe)
    15360GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

Snagged it! :p I was sweating for a short time because it kept disappearing from the cart. However, persistence paid off.

Fortunately, VirMach improved the removal of sold out items from the cart compared to previous years so it seems you are also less likely to get landed unexpectedly with the next offer in line.

Already online for anyone interested in possible delays.

Thanked by (3)ehab FrankZ AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@SeaScoot said:
    Already online for anyone interested in possible delays.

true... this was the fastest virmach vps i got online.
    so

Praise

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said: Your such a negative Nancy.

@AlwaysSkint fallin' down on the job .... "You're" .

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said: Your such a negative Nancy.

Darn, and I was doing so well with those lately.

Thanked by (1)skorous

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@skorous said:

@FrankZ said: Your such a negative Nancy.

Darn, and I was doing so well with those lately.

Zero out of ten for bad English.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • WHO CHANGED THE TITLE?!
    IT WAS ALL ABOUT BITCHIN' NOW YOU PUT PRAISE THERE TOO!?

BAD MODS.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@FrankZ said:
    Title changed to "VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise"

The three stages of VirMach grief

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Jab said:
    WHO CHANGED THE TITLE?!
    IT WAS ALL ABOUT BITCHIN' NOW YOU PUT PRAISE THERE TOO!?

BAD MODS.

I was trying to be more inclusive, be glad I did not add LGBTQ++ friendly.
    #WOKE MODS

• edited January 2023

@skorous said: @AlwaysSkint fallin' down on the job

Was watchin' Emily Blunt in The English. ;)

Anyways, I nabbed that 3xIP $22.99 steal deal, that has been mentioned. :D It's even sending out OS emails via mxroute, seeing as there's no rDNS. :p

Uptime: 4 days, 8:00

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

@AlwaysSkint said:

Anyways, I nabbed that 3xIP $22.99 steal deal, that has been mentioned. :D It's even sending out OS emails via mxroute, seeing as there's no rDNS. :p

We should just do a mailing service and have everyone pipe through that. It'd be easier managing it and emails would actually land then. What would people consider a normal volume of email per IP address? We spoke with MailChannels a long time ago and I'd basically want to be able to cover the bottom 95% of users at least.

Thanked by (2)lemoncube saibal
  • i did a migrate from US to NL and it worked so

+Praise

Thanked by (2)FrankZ localhost
  • JabJab
    edited January 2023

MailChannels would probably cover like 99% of legit users, but few abusers gonna ruin the fuck it for rest of us. Don't go this way, fix rDNS, make them use MailChannels by theirs own ^.-

--

Huh, my TPAZ is freeeeeee now.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

• FFME06 is now UP
    Downtime: 1w 20 hr 16 min

OMG

OMG
    OMG
    omg
    omg
    gogmgonmgogmgomg
    omg
    g
    g
    g
    g
    g

Thanked by (2)FrankZ AlwaysSkint

• @FrankZ .... i also got ram bump to 4 like what virmach mentioned once ....

now i can sleep and shut up

good night all.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

@VirMach said: What would people consider a normal volume of email per IP address?

I limit to 300/IP/day. System cron jobs generate in the region of 3-5/day and other warnings may consume more eg. ssh login. It'd depend on whether the main IP is shared amongst VMs. One of the reasons that I like additional IP addresses, is to allow e-commerce clients their own allocation and keep system email a bit cleaner. ;)

@Jab said:
    MailChannels would probably cover like 99% of legit users, but few abusers gonna ruin the fuck it for rest of us. Don't go this way, fix rDNS, make them use MailChannels by theirs own ^.-

--

Huh, my TPAZ is freeeeeee now.

Well at this point the rDNS issue isn't even abusers, I just can't get a response for a /17 to set records and then most of the rest is set up in a way where we can't even automate it.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said:

@AlwaysSkint said:

We should just do a mailing service and have everyone pipe through that. It'd be easier managing it and emails would actually land then. What would people consider a normal volume of email per IP address? We spoke with MailChannels a long time ago and I'd basically want to be able to cover the bottom 95% of users at least.

I relay all of my email out to a mail server on an alternate port anyway so there no effect on me one way or another.

• JabJab
    edited January 2023

Yes, at this point I don't think there are many people that are waiting for rDNS that didn't already went with external SMTP/API. People waiting for those most likely want it for theirs own mail servers and they still won't go with provided MailChannel. I assume.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @VirMach said: Well at this point the rDNS issue isn't even abusers, I just can't get a response for a /17 to set records and then most of the rest is set up in a way where we can't even automate it.

How else are people ever going to see my clever $1.99 vanity domains on irc anytime soon? Quit holding out.

Thanked by (3)VirMach FrankZ fluttershy
  • @shallow said: How else are people ever going to see my clever $1.99 vanity domains on irc anytime soon? Quit holding out.

Quick quote so VirMach could ban him as IRC is against TOS, we have a proof here, you busted.

On serious note - I have no idea if IRC is against TOS, do not use it, never checked in last few years, just a joke.

• @VirMach said: I just can't get a response for a /17 to set records..

Bash a few heads together (metaphorically). Lack of automation is a pain, though in the few other providers where this is the case, at least it's provisioned via Ticket (yikes!).

• The same moment FFME06 [Frankfurt...] was up I got my e-mails from Netcup [German provider] forum account activation that I was waiting for almost 20 hours now.

COINCEDENCE?!

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said: ..on an alternate port anyway .

Was tearing what's left of my hair out trying to get mxroute to work until, almost per chance, came across a suitable alternative port. Didn't want Jar giving me grief for something 'simple'. :cold_sweat: Still to fix up DKIM though.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AlwaysSkint said:

@FrankZ said: ..on an alternate port anyway .

Was tearing what's left of my hair out trying to get mxroute to work until, almost per chance, came across a suitable alternative port. Didn't want Jar giving me grief for something 'simple'. :cold_sweat: Still to fix up DKIM though.

My mail servers also relay through MXRoute, and a reseller of MXRoute. So before you pull any more hair out let me know when you have any issues. I say this because you do not have that much hair left to lose. Please conserve, your scalp with thank you for it. :)

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Jab said:

The same moment FFME06 [Frankfurt...] was up I got my e-mails from Netcup [German provider] forum account activation that I was waiting for almost 20 hours now.

COINCEDENCE?!

This explains a lot.