VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• My little server on node (FFME001 iirc) seems to have died :( Just woke to see notification of my website being being down. Checked https://status.virm.ac/?s=62b00d82af13941b640cf1dc and its been sleeping with the fishes for the last 2 hours.

Curious what caused the load to spike to 14 on the node.

• edited February 2023

@VirMach said:

@Bonito77 said:
    @VirMach

Reposting because, mysteriously, @VirMach, has been replying to every post in this thread, except mine.

On January 21st 2023, you updated my Ticket (#634655) on the Virmach website, saying this:

"Due date has been extended. I'm going to do one last check over the weekend and if nothing viable is found, I'll let you know so we can close out this ticket. If it is found then we'll proceed with restoring it how you prefer: did you want it to override your service or provide credentials for it to be compressed and dumped inside the VM?"

I replied on the same day with:

"Thanks. Do you mean all folders from the old VM would zipped with a password and dumped on the current VM's C: drive? If so, then that would probably be easiest."

I haven't heard anything back from you since. Did you check for the backup? When can I expect that?

Also, needless to say, the "extension" was rather pointless as there's been no conclusion and your system has already billed me again.

There's clearly been some delays on everything, I don't know if you saw all the other posts around yours, we're not having a terrific week. Not sure what response you desire.

If I had to keep everyone updated on delays I feel like we'd create an infinite loop.

That may be the case, but you said you were going to "look into it over the weekend" one month ago. Presumably before the current unterrific week befell us.

As for the response I desire... well, it'd be handy to have an updated ETA of when you can look into it. As well as extending the due date again until that time.

Thanks.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Bonito77 said: That may be the case, but you said you were going to "look into it over the weekend" one month ago. Presumably before the current unterrific week befell us.

If that was a month ago which it looks like it was, then I genuinely thought it was last weekend and therefore my timeline is off by at least 3 weeks which is not looking good.

So I guess when I said "were not having a terrific week" you can translate that to "we're not having a terrific last 2 years."

• edited February 2023

@VirMach said:
    So I guess when I said "were not having a terrific week" you can translate that to "we're not having a terrific last 2 years."

why don't you email all and say "hey --- i need time out, f++k u for 2 weeks, i will get back and fix or just credit you.... ps: blame it on Frankz"

go for a holiday

Thanked by (2)localhost FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ehab said:

@VirMach said:

why don't you email all and say "hey --- i need time out, f++k u for 2 weeks, i will get back and fix or just credit you.... ps: blame it on Frankz"

This AP wire story just in....
    FrankZ to blame for the war in Ukraine, climate change, and world wide inflation.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• virmach tokyo ryzen is now UP
    Downtime: 6d 1 hr 48 min
    Target: Server Agent

026 backed online
    also received 0.46$ credit

• @FrankZ said:
    This AP wire story just in....
    FrankZ to blame for the war in Ukraine, climate change, and world wide inflation.

i was looking for something with the devil but found this scary face

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:

Can I extend the billing time if I shut down for a long time? For the past year, most of the downtime fixes the state

• @taizi said:
    virmach tokyo ryzen is now UP

026 backed online

I have vps7 on TYOC026.
    It's still: The node is currently locked

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

edited February 2023

@yoursunny said: It's still: The node is currently locked

Intended, I'm not counting it alive yet.

But it looks way better, I spent a very long time tweaking it and also backing up the one disk in case it acts weird again, moved half the people off that disk onto another so we should be good. The good news is that the tweaks I've made should translate over to other nodes. It's not necessary "better" in terms of configuration, just different. Based on some inferences, and so far the inferences are proving true.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

Feel free to run a YABS and tell me if anything feels off but if you kill the node I guess someone will blame @FrankZ

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • edited February 2023

@taizi said:
    virmach tokyo ryzen is now UP

026 backed online

How can I check my virmach credit?

• [*] Rest in Peace FFME001, it was good 100+ days of running, but seems to much.

Btw. VNCHost died too, so seems like something more than "one nvme disk popped out" :<

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

@Jab said:
    [*] Rest in Peace FFME001, it was good 100+ days of running, but seems to much.

Btw. VNCHost died too, so seems like something more than "one nvme disk popped out" :<

Ironically this could mean I can bring it up faster if it's just a "normal" crash. Okay let's see how it goes it's 5:55 right now and I'm taking a look. Oh no it's my least favorite issue. I'm phoning a friend.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Oh no it's my least favorite issue. I'm phoning a friend.

FrankZ turns off his phone, just in case.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach sir, I used the request IPV6 button and it generated a ticket, now your colleague closed the ticket without giving ipv6, Can I open a new ticket regarding this?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach sir, I used the request IPV6 button and it generated a ticket, now your colleague closed the ticket without giving ipv6, Can I open a new ticket regarding this?

IPv6 is not being assigned currently. I would wait until VirMach says that they are going to start assigning IPv6 again before I made any more tickets.

Thanked by (1)ripeapple

• My TYOC one was offline for about 4.6 days according to Hetrixtools. So they should add $2.22/365*4.6=$0.03 credits!! (joke)

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@tototo said:
    My TYOC one was offline for about 4.6 days according to Hetrixtools. So they should add $2.22/365*4.6=$0.03 credits!! (joke)

Thank you for letting us know that TYOC007 is back up. Since when I get that "no bootable disk error" I normally turn the VM off, and sometimes am a little late noticing when it come back up.

• @VirMach said:

@jam said:
    Welcome to the Ignored Club,
    I have a VM in TPAZ003.VIRM.AC node that won't boot since December, I've asked here and via support ticket and they never respond.
    At this rate, December will come again and they will not have fixed the problem.

This is still being worked on, both the server in small chunks trying to get the data off and recreations. I'm not the one handling recreations and it looks like there's been some bumps, something was supposed to be coded out to make things faster but I think that' gone rather ironically.

Actually I don't even know anymore that might be a completely different Tampa.

Is there an alternative for me as client who bought a VPS in Tampa in December and hasn't been able to use it all this time because the VM won't even boot?

I see that there are two nodes in Tampa, is there a way to move my service to another node in Tampa?

I have a functional vps in Miami, is there a way to move my service from Tampa to a node in Miami?

I understand that you may have problems with nodes in different locations, i'm sorry for that, but I think that as a service provider you should at least offer alternatives so that customers can use the services they have already paid for.

Ruby, JS Programmer and Linux user

• @VirMach said:

Okay, so when can you look into checking if the backup exists?

• edited February 2023

@VirMach said:

yoursunny said: It's still: The node is currently locked

Intended, I'm not counting it alive yet.

But it looks way better, I spent a very long time tweaking it and also backing up the one disk in case it acts weird again, moved half the people off that disk onto another so we should be good. The good news is that the tweaks I've made should translate over to other nodes. It's not necessary "better" in terms of configuration, just different. Based on some inferences, and so far the inferences are proving true.

The machine in Tokyo 026 may still have some issues. Although I can access the control panel, the VPS is currently offline and I am unable to start it up. Reinstalling the system has also been ineffective, and VNC cannot display anything. When my VPS first started experiencing problems, I tried to reinstall the system, and I suspect that may be the reason for the issues.

mod edit: to clean up excessive quote not related to Tokyo 026

• @moedayo said:
    The machine in Tokyo 026 may still have some issues. Although I can access the control panel, the VPS is currently offline and I am unable to start it up. Reinstalling the system has also been ineffective, and VNC cannot display anything. When my VPS first started experiencing problems, I tried to reinstall the system, and I suspect that may be the reason for the issues.

Why do you quote whole Virmach post that also quotes me and I get notifications about your post about some Tokyo 026 that I've never used and never seen!?

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

• JabJab
    edited February 2023

VirMach-FFME001-VNCHost is now UP
    Downtime: 9 hr 12 min

!!??!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

HOW SO FAST
    TANKS VIRMACH

I was deciding what to buy to replace this VPS, I guess I won't buy anything now :D

• I don't know who gave you enough courage to start selling new servers, and more than half of the customers are waiting to be processed? This is a big joke, I can see that @virmach has enough patience to deal with you, and can also find a million excuses, no, it's all the client's fault!

• @skorous said: What the hell are you on about? More than half of what customers are waiting to be processed?

China is many, China is half of the world, so China is half of the customers!
    They waiting for some Tokyo node fixes probably.

• @skorous said:

@Mainly said:
    I don't know who gave you enough courage to start selling new servers, and more than half of the customers are waiting to be processed? This is a big joke, I can see that @virmach has enough patience to deal with you, and can also find a million excuses, no, it's all the client's fault!

What the hell are you on about? More than half of what customers are waiting to be processed?

The server is down for a few months or half a month, what do you think we are waiting for, I know it is definitely not the fault of Virmach, because he is always right

• @Jab said:

@skorous said: What the hell are you on about? More than half of what customers are waiting to be processed?

China is many, China is half of the world, so China is half of the customers!
    They waiting for some Tokyo node fixes probably.

Very correct, I am from China, is there any prejudice against China? Of course, you can also not provide any services to the Chinese. From the forum posts, we can see that there are always problems, and I dare not speak my mind. I also accept any criticism from you, but I need to think about it from an objective perspective.

• @FrankZ said:

@ripeapple said:
    @VirMach sir, I used the request IPV6 button and it generated a ticket, now your colleague closed the ticket without giving ipv6, Can I open a new ticket regarding this?

IPv6 is not being assigned currently. I would wait until VirMach says that they are going to start assigning IPv6 again before I made any more tickets.

okay, wait