VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Issues with TPAZ002? My VPS keeps going offline.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ruikno said:
    Does anyone else remember this? GuGuGu~~
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126562/#Comment_126562

No comment on Tokyo other than some decisions/changes need to be implemented and obviously we didn't end up running that sale. There won't be another Tokyo sale for now until we sort out existing Tokyo things for existing customers.

@imok said:
    Issues with TPAZ002? My VPS keeps going offline.

Tampa pretty much has had issues sprinkled on everything, I've been managing it without actually making datacenter hands requests as I'm afraid it could be a repeat of every other hands request we've made in Tampa in the past.

However, I don't think that should be happening, let me know additional details. I mean the usage is suspiciously low but I figured that location has no use case other than idling as usage is low on pretty much all of it all the time. I do actually think almost everyone that went to Tampa just has like 30 virtual servers around the world and don't use it though. Load averages are 0.9, 0.6, and 8 right now, you can check the graphs.

Also I think that's the only reason TPAZ002 is alive right now. It'd be funny if you're the only 1 person out of 150~ that decided to actually use it and when you do it just crashes the VM.

Anyway pretty much all of Tampa got screwed up during shipping since one datacenter sent it out like 3 servers per box with what I assume to be no padding since I don't know how else it'd fit, and the receiving datacenter also wanted to send out 3 servers per box back to us. The second datacenter did heavy troubleshooting, plus there's an entire screenplay I wrote that's relevant.

These servers also had a lot of difficulties in the past, but of course my opinion on the matter is biased as they obviously got sent out healthy and then a lot of CPU re-seating happening. I believe there may have been plenty of rounds of CPU pin bending and unbending as well as CPU socket violation.

Then the motherboards may have taken a beating. I just got the rest of Tampa back this week, I'm going to work on them and the plan is to just do minimal poking to the existing three because next touching of server is essentially a pretty good guarantee of hardware destruction and several weeks delay.

TLDR: I recommend you just contact us to move it to Miami if it's causing grief. We were supposed to make a decision pertaining to the location around 2 months ago probably but then everything else happens so I recommend you make the decision yourself in this case.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • imokimok OG
    edited February 2023

@VirMach said: I recommend you just contact us to move it to Miami if it's causing grief.

Thanks, I will do it when I finish the Ubuntu release upgrade. Weird thing is it finished successfully before the server went down. Maybe another version just appeared minutes after finishing, because a rollback of the VM can't be possible... right? right?

I was rebuilding Discourse when the server went off.

EDIT: Everything finished successfully. Server still up. I will wait for the next downtime because I'm feeling too lazy right now and I don't care about my visitors.

• (into ) Update 2/27/2022 - We are performing some of these changes in Frankfurt at this time.

NO TOUCHY MY FRANKFURT!!!1111oneoneone

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@imok I moved my VM on TPAZ005 to Miami last August and have been happy I did so.

Thanked by (1)imok

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited February 2023

@VirMach said:
    New ISO list is almost done syncing. We're going to try to update ISOs monthly for those marked as being latest version but mostly focusing on Ubuntu, Alma/Rocky, Debian.

• Netboot
    • Ubuntu Desktop (22.04.1 LTS)
    • Ubuntu Server (22.04.1 LTS)
    • Debian (11.6)
    • Rocky (9.1)
    • Alma (9.1)
    • Stream (8)
    • Kali Linux (2202.4)
    • Kali Linux Live (2202.4)
    • FreeBSD (13.1)
    • Fedora Server (37)
    • Fedora CoreOS (37.20230122.3.0)
    • OpenBSD (7.2)
    • Alpine (3.17.2)
    • TinyCore
    • RancherOS
    • TrueNAS

The Alpine ISO above is "Standard" instead of "Virtual", which is the preferred one really. They only differ in the former having 200MB or so of hardware drivers which are not used in a virtual environment. If you want to save memory you can use export DISKOPTS="-k virt" before you run setup-alpine to get the slimmed down kernel and avoid the (large) firmware package being installed.

• JabJab
    edited February 2023

Frankfurt getting rebooted.

btw. DRAGON BALL XENOVERSE from your Steam wishlist is now on sale!

Thanked by (1)dgc1980

• edited February 2023

Just noticed with VPS at rebooted FFME007:

Forgot to disable it? :P

• @Mumbly said:
    Just noticed with VPS at rebooted FFME007:

Forgot to disable it? :P

Wtf, the old fart finally fixed the migration button?

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said: Wtf, the old fart finally fixed the migration button?

I don't think so. Most likely he just forgot to disable it here :P

Thanked by (1)Flying_Chinaman
  • Frankfurt is sold out so maybe migrations off Frankfurt are enabled on purpose ;-)

• @Jab said:
    Frankfurt is sold out so maybe migrations off Frankfurt are enabled on purpose ;-)

I bought Frankfurt out just to mess with you. Gonna start running YABS 24/8. Make it messy for ya. :p

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• fanfan
    edited February 2023

~~TYOC031, one of the most stable nodes in Toyko, just went offline.
    ~~

Now it's back.

• how safe it is to upgrade if you're in TYOC034?. I want to upgrade to 25GB disk
    I have irrational fear that the upgrade might failed (lol)

I feel like this is a bad idea, but this node been stable past few month. I started want to move more stuff

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• My service on TYOC026 got powered off, about an hour ago.
    I didn't get an abuse warning / ticket / email, so I assume it's not resource overage.
    I pressed boot button and it's working again, for now.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Does the Migrate button work withFlash Sale VM with 3 IP ?

• My 5 VMs on
    FFME007
    AMSD026 x2
    AMSD028
    AMSKVM8

Powered off yesterday (starting 22:45 UK) without notice and either rebooted on their own or I restarted them.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

From the VirMach server status page.

02/23/2023 00:00 - 03/02/2023 00:00 Last Updated 02/27/2023 15:40
    This issue affects a server that may impact your services
    We're going to begin rolling reboots on certain nodes to avoid future issues. You may experience a few minute of downtime. We do not have an extensive list of servers affected or a timeline, as each server is being checked and may receive patches requiring a reboot.

Update 2/27/2022 - We are performing some of these changes in Frankfurt at this time.

Frankfurt has been rebooted.

Amsterdam has been rebooted.

Tokyo will be rebooted next.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• reading is pointless, just post.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited February 2023

@Jab said:
    reading is pointless, just post.

this is the status update page.

my TYO VM is back online.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

All multi-account/flags have been reset to default good standing. All flagged for closure and suspended have been unsuspended.

I'll have more information soon, here and on our website on any potential changes and how flagging in the future will occur. Until then, please behave, and be mindful when requesting support and keep the burden low. And once we do make everything easier to understand and follow, do expect to face the consequences of not follow them, without further notice, future amnesty, or warning.

If your group or service still has issues related to this, let me know in bulk here, not in a ticket. Some flags may have been done differently and I may have missed them.

• @VirMach said:
    All multi-account/flags have been reset to default good standing. All flagged for closure and suspended have been unsuspended.

I'll have more information soon, here and on our website on any potential changes and how flagging in the future will occur. Until then, please behave, and be mindful when requesting support and keep the burden low. And once we do make everything easier to understand and follow, do expect to face the consequences of not follow them, without further notice, future amnesty, or warning.

If your group or service still has issues related to this, let me know in bulk here, not in a ticket. Some flags may have been done differently and I may have missed them.

with that note,,, your off to fiji island for some break?

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • :) Looks a new start

Thanked by (1)VirMach
  • @VirMach said:

Please add a note when create ticket,
    Newbie can't understand them well.

There 's a simple virmach base line : don't like/hate new ticket.

• @nightcat said:

@VirMach said:

Please add a note when create ticket,
    Newbie can't understand them well.

There 's a simple virmach base line : don't like/hate new ticket.

Another postposal: Create a "Community Support" type, described "can resolve most of cases" and make it redirecting to this thread.

• LMFTFY ;)

@ehab said: you're off

Thanked by (1)ehab

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @VirMach said:

The Tokyo VPS I bought at the end of last year is still pending. Please take a look, thank you!
    Invoice#1520784

• @VirMach said:

can I push?