Comments

• edited April 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Yo nice catch, yet that's yor own interpretation

nobody understands you more than Frank. SO that or

Thanked by (2)FrankZ yoursunny
  • @ehab said:
    nobody understands you more than Frank. SO that or

Yo I'm a simple masochist, I'm happy when there are some bumps as long as mine is not effected

Thanked by (1)ehab

smartass shitposting satirist

• Is this a recurring price or just a 1 year discount please?

• @KuYeHQ said:

Is this a recurring price or just a 1 year discount please?

Are you a new customer?

• I am Schrödinger's cat :) or I just ask

• ruiknoruikno Retired

@KuYeHQ said:

Is this a recurring price or just a 1 year discount please?

Where to buy it?

• edited April 2023

@ruikno said:
    Where to buy it?

https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/ don't take up space, just ask, the flash sale of vps has been in the past 3 months, can it be activated?

• ruiknoruikno Retired

Shit, Tokyo is gone.

• @ruikno said:

Shit, Tokyo is gone.

RN not provide Tokyo

• @taizi said: RN not provide Tokyo

Yo what happened to the double bandwidth sugar daddy

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@taizi said: RN not provide Tokyo

Yo what happened to the double bandwidth sugar daddy

Purple daddy*

• edited April 2023

@KuYeHQ said:

@ruikno said:
    Where to buy it?

https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/ don't take up space, just ask, the flash sale of vps has been in the past 3 months, can it be activated?

That's interesting. I thought I was the only one waiting for my flash sale server from Jan to provision :)

**$12.95 / year
    KVM - 1 GIGABIT
    2253 MB RAM
    2 x FAIR SHARE CPU vCORE
    40 GB SSD (NVMe)
    4096 GB BANDWIDTH
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4**

• Does anyone have an extra VPS in Atlanta they'd like to part with?

• @Wonder_Woman said:
    Does anyone have an extra VPS in Atlanta they'd like to part with?

I'm guessing people will want to know, what specs are you looking for?

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

@taizi said:

@ruikno said:

Shit, Tokyo is gone.

RN not provide Tokyo

What does this have to do with RN? I'm a big fan of VirNerd! Very sad that it is out of stock in Tokyo!

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Fritz said: Is it really port 89/443 blocked by default?

It's not right now, but the important thing is that it could be, basically from the day we organized it out that way. I've spoken about it before but if we do start enforcing it and having plans for that being a reality, we'd of course whitelist older customers first and then send out announcements and so on.

I feel like we've averted that timeline, for now. At least to the level it needed to be done and the pace.

@dgc1980 said: sounds more like adding an additional support option for your vps is you run a website on it. if you start getting DMCA reports, they will block the web ports

If we did anything we'd definitely ease in as slowly as possible. There's a lot of ideas that were floating around but one of them was to basically tie it to an actual function, where you'd enter your domain and we'd basically make sure it doesn't look too phishy. Then in any case it'd most likely just be enabled for the day we would have enabled it and moving forward, with the option to go retroactive up until the point where we first advertised it if necessary.

So like an emergency situation happens, IP lessor says something that makes it sound like we'd have to take drastic action, and we'd do it to some level as necessary.

The current idea for it seems to be along the lines of this: If anyone does actually get port 80/443 option or port 25 option, we basically (1) provide support in relation to those so for mailing and webservers we basically try to help them out a little more, (2) we were at some point recently thinking about tying the port 25 one to rDNS functionality in some cases so basically a lot of super "lite" stuff like that may still happen. (3) And then of course if you have port 80/443 or port 25 option we're more likely to try to make sure when we get abuse reports in relation to those that we modify our approach a little bit to be more user friendly.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

@Encoders said: where did port 25 paid addons go? iirc it's a thing back then, also port80/443 addon

It's still there, I assume only if you have a product that can get it, you might only have an older product that already has the grandfathered version (nothing) or perhaps a new plan where I didn't bother adding it.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ Encoders

@abiaolaoge said: Just found this: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/
    Great deals, but only for new signups.

Yeah, already too many people just going back to multi-account specifically to use the code, I could revert it and then also charge whatever else fees but I'm still not even done with the last wave of drama yet. All I can say is just don't do it, as usual. I don't know what I will or won't do about those.

If anyone did actually want to switch over from RN which is the intended use case then you can still use the refugee offer instead and basically get the same thing, just needs the ticket to be made for that. So instead of making a second account, flagging all your accounts for it, that'd be the safe way to go.

@KuYeHQ said: Is this a recurring price or just a 1 year discount please?

Recurring. This page has been up for quite some time now, looks like HostLoc recently noticed it I assume?

@KuYeHQ said: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/ don't take up space, just ask, the flash sale of vps has been in the past 3 months, can it be activated?

I mean if I remember your name correctly you definitely have a lot of accounts with us, or did throughout time. Maybe I'm not though but I'm assuming that's at least your second account already?

Here let me see if I can just come up with a better idea for this, these weren't actually meant for this purpose, it actually is a specific page for promoting that specific thing so it's not meant for existing customers. I'll see. But for now just letting it cool off a little, I put Tokyo back out of stock a day or two ago because we were getting a lot of orders and I wasn't expecting everyone to just notice this old offer all at once now.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ abiaolaoge ruikno
    edited April 2023

@DanSummer said: That's interesting. I thought I was the only one waiting for my flash sale server from Jan to provision

All $12.95 are waiting (NYCB041?) That one server died, then like another, or another two? In NYC. Then all our replacement servers they couldn't get working for whatever reason(s) so we just had them sent back, then shipping delays, then VirMach delays. But that's not why those are still waiting, it's actually a lot less complicated than all that. I just need to do it. Except the system isn't what it used to be so I have to do all of it through queries and such and I just didn't get to it, in terms of all the priorities.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ DanSummer
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said: I mean if I remember your name correctly you definitely have a lot of accounts with us, or did throughout time.

You are remembering correctly.

Quick question on grandfathering old accounts for port 80/443. Would the Dec/Jan flash deals that I bought be included in this grandfathering. I ask because you had mentioned the blocking of port 25/80/443 before these sales happened. So I want to know if the grandfathering is based on account age, in my case 7+ years, or when the VPS was purchased, IE: Jan 2023.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Wonder_Woman said:

I only have one in Atlanta that I am using, but I have a pretty good priced/spec'd extra Dallas VPS if that would work for you. Maybe you could try and sweet talk VirMach into letting you move it to Atlanta after I give it to you.

Thanked by (1)Wonder_Woman

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @skorous said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

I'm guessing people will want to know, what specs are you looking for?

I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but I am trying to get a (relatively) cheap VPS in Atlanta. I guess <$20/y?

@FrankZ said:

@Wonder_Woman said:

I only have one in Atlanta that I am using, but I have a pretty good priced/spec'd extra Dallas VPS if that would work for you. Maybe you could try and sweet talk VirMach into letting you move it to Atlanta after I give it to you.

Thanks! I'd feel quite guilty trying to sweet talk VirMach on a migration after the awesome sales. Not to mention the free VPS he already gave me! I'm pretty sure I have an old KVM-Lite service that qualifies for the $3/$5 migration button, but I'm hoping not to move it if I can help it. I thought I'd ask in case anyone ended up with an extra VPS in Atlanta from the flash sale. I don't even remember if Atlanta was part of the sale though...

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • @VirMach said:

@abiaolaoge said: Just found this: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/
    Great deals, but only for new signups.

Yeah, already too many people just going back to multi-account specifically to use the code, I could revert it and then also charge whatever else fees but I'm still not even done with the last wave of drama yet. All I can say is just don't do it, as usual. I don't know what I will or won't do about those.

If anyone did actually want to switch over from RN which is the intended use case then you can still use the refugee offer instead and basically get the same thing, just needs the ticket to be made for that. So instead of making a second account, flagging all your accounts for it, that'd be the safe way to go.

@KuYeHQ said: Is this a recurring price or just a 1 year discount please?

Recurring. This page has been up for quite some time now, looks like HostLoc recently noticed it I assume?

@KuYeHQ said: https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/ don't take up space, just ask, the flash sale of vps has been in the past 3 months, can it be activated?

I mean if I remember your name correctly you definitely have a lot of accounts with us, or did throughout time. Maybe I'm not though but I'm assuming that's at least your second account already?

Here let me see if I can just come up with a better idea for this, these weren't actually meant for this purpose, it actually is a specific page for promoting that specific thing so it's not meant for existing customers. I'll see. But for now just letting it cool off a little, I put Tokyo back out of stock a day or two ago because we were getting a lot of orders and I wasn't expecting everyone to just notice this old offer all at once now.

Sorry, the activity address I saw from hostloc,

I didn't take a closer look, only new users can purchase, so I directly purchased the two-year package for $29.11. I only have one account and have never registered for the second one. My backend displays Offline, but it is actually online.

I have VPS in RN, but I am not planning to renew it after it expires, so I purchased $29.11

Will there be any issues with my account

• @VirMach just asking, what is the usual response time for refugee offers? I had requested one a few weeks back, unfortunately around the IP fiasco time.

• ruiknoruikno Retired

@newlan said:
    Sorry, the activity address I saw from hostloc,

I didn't take a closer look, only new users can purchase, so I directly purchased the two-year package for $29.11. I only have one account and have never registered for the second one. My backend displays Offline, but it is actually online.

I have VPS in RN, but I am not planning to renew it after it expires, so I purchased $29.11

Will there be any issues with my account

Yes, you will. It's very clear that it's only for new users.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited April 2023

@VirMach said:

KILL'EM ALL! Give you a big thank.

• yes, I am a multi-account user. If I remember correctly, I should have replied to you last year. When you were preparing to rectify multi-account users, but in the end you made the world peaceful. After you opened the $3 push , my account number decreased a little, but I don’t deny that I still have more than 3 accounts. The last time I directly purchased the vir vps was in January. when I saw the above event, Japan was no longer available, so I didn't buy one for my nephew :)

• Virmach's newly opened Japanese TYOC040 node VPS, why has been OFFLINE?
    huyunyadihuyunyadi Member
    4:29AM in General Flag Thanks
    Virmach's newly opened Japanese TYOC040 node VPS, why has been OFFLINE?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited April 2023

@Jab said:

Edit: original meme removed.

• @VirMach said: But for now just letting it cool off a little, I put Tokyo back out of stock a day or two ago because we were getting a lot of orders and I wasn't expecting everyone to just notice this old offer all at once now.

Just adding a CSS class to the page won't stop F12 gangs from placing orders, as far as I know there are a few people already placed orders successfully using F12.