VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said:

@andylee said: so it's now 2023
    Please help my 2022 vps open
    help me

There are people who are waiting for their vpses to be created way longer. You're not exception. It's not like this host have any feeling of responsibility toward clients and your complain will actually speed up their process of creation of pending orders or something.

Are you a current customer of VirMach ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @Mumbly @cybertech virmach not reliable at all?

• @lapua said:
    @Mumbly @cybertech virmach not reliable at all?

You're joking, right? :)

• @FrankZ said:

@Mumbly said:

help me

There are people who are waiting for their vpses to be created way longer. You're not exception. It's not like this host have any feeling of responsibility toward clients and your complain will actually speed up their process of creation of pending orders or something.

Yes, I am.
    You're not?

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023

@lapua said:

what i can say is that their VPS is fast, promotional prices unbeatable, and i do not put any production on them until further notice/monitoring.

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles
    Thanked by (2)lapua lemoncube

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• https://virmach.com/flash-sale/
    LIMITED OFFER
    $13.66 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1746MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Penny quantity is going below MB quantity.

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

@Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said:

@Mumbly said:

help me

Yes, I am.
    You're not?

Then you should open a new review thread with your opinions of this host. As I have told you before the rules state:

Do not trash offer posts for the sake of it, if you have a genuine issue with a host PM me or write a review if it is service-related, this goes double for other hosts.

EDIT: Trashing offer posts will just stop the provider from responding here. Then the only option for assistance will be the VirMach ticket system, which with these limited support offers I expect support would be negligible. Why ruin it for everybody else ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @andylee said:
    so it's now 2023
    help me
    Wait a little longer, it might be expired

If you post your VPS details and whine about having to wait (TWO WHOLE DAYS) then VirMach should cancel your order. Here's hoping.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@FrankZ said: Then you should open a new review thread with your opinions of this host. As I have told you before the rules state:
    Do not trash offer posts for the sake of it, if you have a genuine issue with a host PM me or write a review if it is service-related, this goes double for other hosts.

Yes, I know that @Mason made a mistake, to make a most loyal @VirMach lackey mod here, but it is what it is. People with justified complains won't just stop complain because you demand it.
    Beside that, who thrash post offer for the sake of it? And where do you see my complain? It seems like we live in some paraller world... I responded to buyer with too big expectations with what to expect and why. Yes, I am their client, but unlike you I try to be at least objective.

• @cybertech said:

@lapua said:

what i can say is that their VPS is fast, promotional prices unbeatable, and i do not put any production on them until further notice/monitoring.

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles

If you don't need those anymore I'll take them off your hands for you.

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@lapua said:

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles

i need them for my signature.

LIMITED OFFER
    $46.62 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    3754MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    150GB SSD (NVMe)
    15360GB MONTHLY DATA
    NYC METRO, NJ LOCATION
    3 DEDICATED IPv4

• edited January 2023

@Mumbly said: It's not like this host have any feeling of responsibility toward clients..

if I read correctly, it's this portion that causes the issue.

@Mumbly said: And where do you see my complain complaint?

;)

Thanked by (1)Mumbly

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited January 2023

@AlwaysSkint said:

@Mumbly said: It's not like this host have any feeling of responsibility toward clients..

if I read correctly, it's this portion that causes the issue.

Yes, for virmach-oversensitive-frank, but this doesn't mean that I am wrong. I mean, I am not even here to argue, I just responded to the client with too big expectations, but we know @FrankZ when it come to virmach... and now it it is what it is.

Thanked by (2)yoursunny lemoncube
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Mumbly said:

@FrankZ said: Then you should open a new review thread with your opinions of this host. As I have told you before the rules state:

Yes, I know that @Mason made a mistake, to make a most loyal @VirMach lackey mod here, but it is what it is. People with justified complains won't just stop complain because you demand it.
    Beside that, who thrash post offer for the sake of it? And where do you see my complain? It seems like we live in some paraller world... I responded to buyer with too big expectations with what to expect and why. Yes, I am their client, but unlike you I try to be at least objective.

Since you have decided that Mason is the best one to review this I'll wait for his determination.

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

• edited January 2023

Virbot is obsessed with this one:

$13.66 /yr

KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    1746MB DDR4 RAM
    1 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    20GB SSD (NVMe)
    2048GB MONTHLY DATA
    SEATTLE, WA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

Needs to be a killer steal deal, for me to bite, with what little funds I have left.

• @Mumbly said: I just responded to the client with too big expectations.

Don't get me wrong - I got that bit! :)

Thanked by (2)Mumbly lemoncube

• edited January 2023

@FrankZ said:

@Mumbly said:

Since you have decided that Mason is the best one to review this I'll wait for his determination.

To review what exactly? You're making drama out of nothing. It's just one small not even too problematic sentence in response to a person which expect from company to create pending vps in a timely manner, which may not happen.
    If not for you and your partial oversensitivity when it come to virmach we would easily discuss something else by now.

• @Mumbly said:

@lapua said:

nope. serious question.

• @nutjob said:

@andylee said:
    so it's now 2023
    help me

If you post your VPS details and whine about having to wait (TWO WHOLE DAYS) then VirMach should cancel your order. Here's hoping.

virmach
    vir wait

Thanked by (1)lapua
  • edited January 2023

@lapua said: nope. serious question.

You're new here: some of us have BF offers stretching back several years and apart from the Ryzen Migration Fiasco Drama, then they have been very reliable services, IME. Just don't expect premium support when paying buttons and ensure that you have backups/contingency plans, for anything important to you. Consider what abuse use that you'll be using a VPS for and whether Virmach services are appropriate to your needs.

Thanked by (2)lapua ZA_capetown

• Anyone else have ip banned even not trying to log on the client area ?

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• @emperor said:
    Anyone else have ip banned even not trying to log on the client area ?

Seems like isolated issue. I am logged in.

Thanked by (1)emperor
  • edited January 2023

@emperor said: Anyone else have ip banned even not trying to log on the client area ?

Yes, for about a week, I was getting banned when LOGGING OUT! Seems to have settled, though I do logout/login far less per day now. Where I needed to login and check something before the ban elapsed, I temporarily used a VPN (not for ordering).

• @cybertech said:

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@lapua said:

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles

So do I. I aspire only to be like you.

• @andylee said:

@nutjob said:

@andylee said:
    so it's now 2023
    help me

virmach
    vir wait

Can't beat the prices though. Strangely enough the only other vendor making me wait (3+ weeks) also has great pricing.

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@nutjob said:

@cybertech said:

@lapua said:

currently holding:

• Tokyo (2x)
    • Amsterdam
    • San Jose
    • Los Angeles

So do I. I aspire only to be like you.

i was gonna say it doesn't cost much but damn thats like $60 there.

• edited January 2023

@VirMach
    Are ports 25,465 & 587 blocked by default, for these flash sales and could this have been retrospectively applied to some BF services, during the network (IP) changes? I'm not getting OS notifications from some VPSes due to this.
    Open a Ticket specifically for these VMs, I presume? (Trying to keep your Tickle load down.)

• @AlwaysSkint said: Yes, for about a week, I was getting banned when LOGGING OUT

Problem for me is that i get logged out every x minutes.. Cant even reinstall from iso on time, i get logged out.

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• edited January 2023

@lapua said:

@Mumbly said:

@lapua said:

nope. serious question.

I wouldn't say they are reliable. I mean they are cheap, offer a lot of resourced for a money, but far from reliable.

People who say that they are reliable have in their mind Virmach from ages ago. Nowaday they seems like a trainwreck from a company. There's always something broken, always something down, always something pending... and this state last for a year if not more.
    Some people still hope from a host to return to a former glory, but it seems to me that with more promo sales instead of solving ongoing issues they just dig a deeper hole for themself.
    Sometimes we read stuff like "out of ten vpses I have with them only two are down, they are okay". No, that's not okay. Fan base lost objectivity here. People's approach here is more a community/hobby thing than business. If you need them for anything semi-serious you will be pissed off sooner than later.
    If your node goes poof ... and it will, it can take easily 2 - 7 days downtime which is somehow okay (like said "community thing", not business) when it come to this host. Sometimes I feel sorry for this guy. It seems to me like he took more on his plate than he can handle it, no matter how hard he try. And he's trying hard, he really does.
    You will get a lot of resources for your money but if you expect reliable product which will just work or support which will respond to your ticket within 48 hours and solve issue within one week ...no, you may not get it here. I would give them 10/10 points for resources/price ratio and 3/10 points for reliability/price ratio.
    This other green host with similar prices (when they have sale) is uncomparable better.
    Currently I have active two VPSes with Virmach, one in Amsterdam and the other in Frankfurt. Those two locations are imho among more reliable, as there's less abusers, but also those nodes sometimes goes "poof".
    You get a lot of resources for your money, but reliability is not one of those thing. Not even in a low-end term.