VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• MasonMason AdministratorOG
    edited January 2023

Alright since I've been summoned by name and am finally caught up with my beauty rest, I'll weigh in a bit.

I personally feel criticism and negative opinions are perfectly fine to voice in offer threads as long as it's semi-relevant to what's going on in the thread (i.e. people asking if anyone is having issues/if they're reliable and someone chiming in with their negative experiences in that regard is appropriate). I think @VirMach himself has said in the past he is fine with criticism where criticism is due anyways. It becomes a problem when simple voicing of concern evolves into persistent agitation -- I'll admit where that line is drawn is subjective, but I think most people here can easily recognize it when it happens.

So with all that said, I don't see any big problems with @Mumbly's comments as they were sharing their personal experience and doesn't seem to be their mission to bash VirMach for the sake of bashing. @FrankZ's suggestion to open a review thread is valid if the negative experience needs to be talked about further. You've said your peace, so move on or open up your own thread and everyone will go on their merry way.

@jperkins I'm a bit miffed by your questioning of @FrankZ's integrity. I chose to elevate him to moderator as he showed time and time again that he's willing to go above and beyond to help members of the LES community solve their issues and get their concerns addressed without needing to wait for a reply from VirMach.

If anything, that you think any of the items you listed apply to FrankZ simply because he is helping out customers of VirMach says more about you than it does about Frank. Behind the scenes, FrankZ has also been going above and beyond with helping out with administration and janitor duties at LES with little to no direction. That's just the guy that he is -- always willing to help out and be a team player without needing any carrots or perks to motivate him. He's done a lot for this place just in the last couple months since becoming a mod and continues to impress me every day.

Edit:

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• edited January 2023

@FAT32 @FrankZ @Mason I think no one wants to offend you or Virmach, just because the work order cannot be replied. This is the only place that may contact Virmach or see Virmach reply to solve the progress.
    No one likes to wait, but compared with waiting, what makes people even more uncomfortable is that I do n’t know how long to wait, what happened, which causes always pending.
    Waiting for a limited period, I believe it can be understood and accepted, although this is not written in the purchase instructions
    The people who can speak in this thread are, most of them are people who like virmach, otherwise there is no need to waste time in this thread

Thanked by (1)Caxen
  • @cgkings said:

I think FAT32 is just a member here...

• What is praised is Virmach's price strategy and marketing activity, which makes many people's first VPS is Virmach
    With Virmach, they learned more of the strength of Linux, and at the same time, they also have the expectations of paper configuration, so it may bring this contradiction
    Amazing discounts, amazing configuration, often cannot bring amazing user experience, which is very harsh, so this may be a place where Virmach feels angry

• edited January 2023

@tototo said:

@cgkings said:

I know that @FAT32 is a bridge connecting @VirMach and users. I hope to use this bridge to get the news of Virmach. First of all, just want to get be understanding of the bridge

• edited January 2023

@sh97 said:
    Wer dem deals at 😄

Lost In 2022 :)

ServerStatus , slackvpn <-- openVPN auto install script for Slackware 15

• New Virmach thread is very much incomplete due to the absence of Virmach

smartass shitposting satirist

• @cgkings said:

@tototo said:

@cgkings said:

I know that @FAT32 is a bridge connecting @VirMach and users. I hope to use this bridge to get the news of Virmach. First of all, just want to get be understanding of the bridge

Thanked by (2)FAT32 user123
  • Oi vey what a cluster. Listen I know I am the new guy and all but here is a bit of advice this is not WHT, the OGF, Digital Point or what ever this is LES. Now I don't get serious around here much but people need to chill.

The fact Frankz helps out as much as does is a good thing. The fact he hasn't banned half the forum and he has patience is a good thing. He asks questions and tries to do the best he is able. He doesn't let misunderstanding between words or people phase him. He is consistent no matter how his day is going. Those are best qualities you want for his position.

No Frankz does not work or shill for anyone. He just tries to help is all.

As for Virmach itself they have been through some shit over the last year. I imagine he is working hard to get things right but to also cater to the people's wishes. Moving a part of any business is not an easy thing to do but more so when you have to setup part of it from scratch. It takes time, money, and a whole bunch of other things. Throw in clients and his life must be hectic as hell.

Have some patience people especially with all the real world shit going down and things will be ok.

Just my two cents now you can go back to your regular schedule of whatever and I will go back to not being serious again.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• There are already 2 busses missing.

Are you happy now?

FFS it's just January 1st!

• Happy new year BTW.

Thanked by (1)ZA_capetown
  • @imok said:
    There are already 2 busses missing.

Are you happy now?

Yes yes I am happy that the battery in my truck took a shit in the middle of winter. Going to have to swipe one from @Frankz now.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@AuroraZero said:

@imok said:

Are you happy now?

Yes yes I am happy that the battery in my truck took a shit in the middle of winter. Going to have to swipe one from @Frankz now.

Luckily my truck has two big ones, less than a year old. Drop by I'll lend you one. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@AuroraZero said:

@imok said:

Are you happy now?

Luckily my truck has two big ones, less than a year old. Drop by I'll lend you one. :)

Yeah mine was bought this Summer kind of a bummer it went out today but at least it is not snowing yet. I will go get a new one tomorrow and she will be good to go again.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• Am I in the Cest Pit? :s

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Am I in the Cest Pit? :s

Nah this my crapper and you wandered in drunk when I was taking a crap.

• @Mods request: change title to

[2023] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Full Of Crap Thread ★★

Thanked by (1)AuroraZero

• @AuroraZero said: Digital Point

Goes off to explore..

• @AlwaysSkint said:

@AuroraZero said: Digital Point

Goes off to explore..

Just something that was fucken huge back in the day and today not so much. I think they may have been bigger than WHT at one point.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited January 2023
    LIMITED OFFER
    $64.10 /yr
    KVM – 1 GIGABIT
    7593MB DDR4 RAM
    4 vCORE (RYZEN 3.4GHz+)
    205GB SSD (NVMe)
    20992GB MONTHLY DATA
    LOS ANGELES, CA LOCATION
    1 DEDICATED IPv4

BOOM

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• aquaaqua Hosting Provider

Why should a service, that is still experiencing issues with current customers, take on a load of more customers?

You've completely left another forum because of all the issues that arose and the constant comments stating that you weren't doing anything.

Fix your current issues before posting new offers that will add to your already mile-high load of tickets.

• @aqua said:
    Why should a service, that is still experiencing issues with current customers, take on a load of more customers?

You've completely left another forum because of all the issues that arose and the constant comments stating that you weren't doing anything.

Fix your current issues before posting new offers that will add to your already mile-high load of tickets.

Because it's Epic :)

Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @Mumbly said:

@lapua said:

@Mumbly said:

@lapua said:
    @Mumbly @cybertech virmach not reliable at all?

You're joking, right? :)

nope. serious question.

I wouldn't say they are reliable. I mean they are cheap, offer a lot of resourced for a money, but far from reliable.

People who say that they are reliable have in their mind Virmach from ages ago. Nowaday they seems like a trainwreck from a company. There's always something broken, always something down, always something pending... and this state last for a year if not more.
    Some people still hope from a host to return to a former glory, but it seems to me that with more promo sales instead of solving ongoing issues they just dig a deeper hole for themself.
    Sometimes we read stuff like "out of ten vpses I have with them only two are down, they are okay". No, that's not okay. Fan base lost objectivity here. People's approach here is more a community/hobby thing than business. If you need them for anything semi-serious you will be pissed off sooner than later.
    If your node goes poof ... and it will, it can take easily 2 - 7 days downtime which is somehow okay (like said "community thing", not business) when it come to this host. Sometimes I feel sorry for this guy. It seems to me like he took more on his plate than he can handle it, no matter how hard he try. And he's trying hard, he really does.
    You will get a lot of resources for your money but if you expect reliable product which will just work or support which will respond to your ticket within 48 hours and solve issue within one week ...no, you may not get it here. I would give them 10/10 points for resources/price ratio and 3/10 points for reliability/price ratio.
    This other green host with similar prices (when they have sale) is uncomparable better.
    Currently I have active two VPSes with Virmach, one in Amsterdam and the other in Frankfurt. Those two locations are imho among more reliable, as there's less abusers, but also those nodes sometimes goes "poof".
    You get a lot of resources for your money, but reliability is not one of those thing. Not even in a low-end term.

I feel like I might jinx it, but my current "production" VM with them has been up for 140 days, basically since I migrated it. In the case of it going down, I have an identical VM in a close by location that my services automatically fail over to. All said, I pay around $4/month for redundant 4 core, 8gb ram, 40gb nvme 20t bandwidth VMs. I feel like I say this a lot, but no one should have only one VM with any low end host. The prices are so cheap that you can make a HA cluster very easily, even across providers. Not really provider specific, but I think it's a good habit for everyone to practice, regardless of where they host. Downtime is like death, it comes for all.

@fluttershy how do you make a HA cluster?

• @cybertech said:
    @fluttershy how do you make a HA cluster?

You can follow something like this, I run most of my services on Kubernetes clusters when I can, it helps a lot with clustering, etc. You can also do basic HA like DNS failover, etc.

Thanked by (2)lemoncube cybertech
  • It's been 5 days!!!!
    I need my god dam vps!!!
    If you dont have it
    So why are you selling them?!
    Gave us back our mony
    Or gave us the vps that it only left 25 days frome it!
    Just what the heck!!

• @Noone said:
    It's been 5 days!!!!
    I need my god dam vps!!!
    If you dont have it
    Gave us back our mony
    Just what the heck!!

How many MJJ's registered since the flash sale started? So weird there's so many when they all said they'll never buy a vps from virmach again...

@Noone said:
    It's been 5 days!!!!
    I need my god dam vps!!!
    If you dont have it
    Gave us back our mony
    Just what the heck!!

did you buy from affman site?

• Activation took like 3 min. after payment.