VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @shallow said:

@taizi said: maybe i should buy one

You can't buy your way out of this dilemma.

in this situation maybe it can, maybe I will wait more days.
    but seems I understand a principle:When something online is free, you’re not the customer, you’re the product
    when a server is cheaper than other competitors, one day you will have to pay back for it

Thanked by (1)huginn
  • Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @shallow said:
    If this is a ponzi scheme. I want a drink.

Right now, I can understand why Ponzi schemes are still working these days. Even though they know what happen, they still get involved in it.

• @huginn said:

@shallow said:
    If this is a ponzi scheme. I want a drink.

Right now, I can understand why Ponzi schemes are still working these days. Even though they know what happen, they still get involved in it.

Human nature dictates.

Thanked by (3)ehab huginn lemoncube
  • @Flying_Chinaman said:
    @ChadFranz goes nuts on the LET's double bandwidth thread

Don't blame me for the sins of my father. That's Senior's doing, not me!

• edited January 2023

@taizi said:
    when a server is cheaper than other competitors, one day you will have to pay back for it

Only if you don't know what you're doing, or if you're trying to break VirMach's rules and get caught.

Low end servers are great, but people seem to buy them thinking they're going to get a full-priced product. They're delusional, it's not possible. They think there is such thing as a free lunch.

For everyone else who understands the limitations of these products, they're a great deal and super useful.

VirMach should keep doing everything required to make these products sustainable, especially by reducing support, which is irrelevant to VPS performance.

Outside of billing issues, there should be no ability to create tickets at all, and all support should be here in the forum.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown FrankZ
  • edited January 2023

@nutjob said:
    Low end servers are great, but people seem to buy them thinking they're going to get a full-priced product. They're delusional, it's not possible. They think there is such thing as a free lunch.

For everyone else who understands the limitations of these products, they're a great deal and super useful.

VirMach should keep doing everything required to make these products sustainable, especially by reducing support, which is irrelevant to VPS performance.

Outside of billing issues, there should be no ability to create tickets at all, and all support should be here in the forum.

You're obviously new in low end market, because there's so much of bullshit written above that I don't even know where to start answering.

Yes, there around are lowend hosts who are actually decent in every possible way. Have you ever tryed something like Inceptionhosting? What about BuyVM? Prometeus? Ramnode? Not to mention all those superawesome hosts like Securedragon, Xenvz.co.uk, etc.. who served low end market with almost 100% uptime and performance for a decade if not more before they moved further.
    You want something really cool, for a low price and almost instant support response? There's greencloudvps for you. Heck even some Racknerd support usually answer within 5 minutes. But most of the time you don't even need to contact support because their infrastructure actually work from the moment you pay for it.
    And where do you see free lunch? Hosting business is not a charity. Someone earn for a living with selling their product to you.
    Another moronic thing you posted is that "all support should be here in the forum". In the forum? How old are you? You're in f.. business relationshipt with a host and forum should be the last resort to communicate with host regarding service issues. Are you really that dumb, or you only act that way?
    Most people here around don't need support per se, they just need from host to provide fully working infrastructure. How's their fault when host drop the ball here?
    I understand that people should have some reasonable expectations from low priced products however lets not act like paying customer don't deserve the product as advertised.

• @Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:

You're obviously new in low end market, because there's so much of bullshit written above that I don't even know where to start answering.

Yes, there around are lowend hosts who are actually decent in every possible way. Have you ever tryed something like Inceptionhosting? What about BuyVM? Prometeus? Ramnode? Not to mention all those superawesome hosts like Securedragon, Xenvz.co.uk, etc.. who served low end market with almost 100% uptime and performance for a decade if not more before they moved further.
    You want something really cool, for a low price and almost instant support response? There's greencloudvps for you. Heck even some Racknerd support usually answer within 5 minutes. But most of the time you don't even need to contact support because their infrastructure actually work from the moment you pay for it.
    And where do you see free lunch? Hosting business is not a charity. Someone earn for a living with selling their product to you.
    Another moronic thing you posted is that "all support should be here in the forum". In the forum? How old are you? You're in f.. business relationshipt with a host and forum should be the last resort to communicate with host regarding service issues. Are you really that dumb, or you only act that way?
    Most people here around don't need support per se, they just need from host to provide fully working infrastructure. How's their fault when host drop the ball here?
    I understand that people should have some reasonable expectations from low priced products however lets not act like paying customer don't deserve the product as advertised.

+1. It's especially concerning that Virmach is posting another sale thread just two weeks after the last one, when there are still so many pending orders from the previous sale. How can they justify selling when they haven't even fulfilled the orders from the last sale? It shows a clear disregard.

I understand that Virmach may not be making a profit from these low end boxes, but that should not excuse them from providing a bare minimum level of service. Customers are instructed to be patient, but when someone does ask for updates on the forum, there's a fear that their order will be cancelled or refunded and they'll be labeled as "MJJ." Support tickets are still unresolved after weeks or even months.

I doubt that Lowendspirit forum moderators/Admin will allow any other seller the same freedom to post multiple sales threads without addressing the issues from previous sales.

• I think virmach was able to create a new sales thread was because he was encouraged to create a new one at the beginning. The other one was never intended to be a sales thread (at least that's what I remember @FrankZ saying).

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @host4cheap said: [There was no need to quote Mumbly] I doubt that Lowendspirit forum moderators/Admin will allow any other seller the same freedom to post multiple sales threads without addressing the issues from previous sales.

:+1:

@soulchief said: The other one was never intended to be a sales thread

That would be this thread, which got derailed a number of times, then split & renamed to suit.

Still appreciate my Virmach gains. :)

Thanked by (1)shallow

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• Yea, I forgot what thread I was in when posting and didn't feel like editing lol.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited January 2023

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:

Oh boy, are you ok? Seriously, you sound like you're about to have a heart attack, a stroke or a psychotic break, possibly all three.

Going by the mistyped, incoherent rant that follows, I think you may have had at least 2 out of 3. None of it even makes sense. (Also you should google "no free lunch").

You suggest I'm new to this business, did you think to check my join date on LET? It says March 2013. What does yours say?

You list a bunch of providers, none of which do deals as cheap as VirMach's flash sales. Great! I can get more and better service for more money! Who could have known! Somewhere along the line you missed that low end means cheaper, not more expensive, less not more. Maybe I can draw you a picture so you'll understand?

You question my maturity and generally lose your mind because I suggested that support should be provided in the forum. But wait, we're on LES, a forum that was created by Inception Hosting where they could provide the sole means of support for their cheapest VPSes. Yup they thought of it before I did. You should send them a note calling them names too!

OK, now that I've comprehensively humiliated you, I'm going to move on.

Thanked by (2)ZA_capetown taoqi
  • Why does anyone still engage with Mumbly on this topic?

Thanked by (1)Daevien
  • edited January 2023

@host4cheap said:

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:

+1. It's especially concerning that Virmach is posting another sale thread just two weeks after the last one, when there are still so many pending orders from the previous sale. How can they justify selling when they haven't even fulfilled the orders from the last sale? It shows a clear disregard.

I understand that Virmach may not be making a profit from these low end boxes, but that should not excuse them from providing a bare minimum level of service. Customers are instructed to be patient, but when someone does ask for updates on the forum, there's a fear that their order will be cancelled or refunded and they'll be labeled as "MJJ." Support tickets are still unresolved after weeks or even months.

I doubt that Lowendspirit forum moderators/Admin will allow any other seller the same freedom to post multiple sales threads without addressing the issues from previous sales.

Now you're just whining. If you actually read any of VirMach's posts on this thread you'd understand that they're overwhelmed by software issues and people abusing their service, especially MJJ. It doesn't show disregard, it shows overwork. You say they don't make a profit but then suggest they should have enough staff to handle timely service. Nope. Mathematics says no.

The irony is that 90% of the people here are running idlers. Mostly this is a game (or a sickness) for them. They just want to get crazy good deals. Having to wait seems like the least bad problem. And yet you complain that people are afraid they'll get cancelled and refunded. So which is it? Do they want to get the rock bottom, but slow, deal or not? No, they want something right now at the same price, but they can't, so they whine.

And you're picking on VirMach, yet over at LET HostHatch is still trying to fulfil storage servers they promised for last year. They're about to blow through their 3rd self-imposed deadline, with delays stretching into in the second month. If you check out the thread below you'll see someone complained about how long it's taking. Guess what? He got his service cancelled, his money refunded and was permanently banned from their service (VirMach is by comparison quite tolerant). But I got 2TB servers on 3 continents for $35 a year each. I haven't said a word to them about the delays. Why would I?

https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/182720/black-friday-2022-storage-and-nvme-deals/p1

• edited January 2023

@nutjob said: You list a bunch of providers, none of which do deals as cheap as VirMach's flash sales. Great! I can get more and better service for more money! Who could have known! Somewhere along the line you missed that low end means cheaper, not more expensive, less not more. Maybe I can draw you a picture so you'll understand?

How's this relevant with all the crap you posted in your previous post?

@nutjob said: But wait, we're on LES, a forum that was created by Inception Hosting so they could provide the sole means of support for their cheapest VPSes.

This was the old version of forum, created strictly for hobbystic $3/y IPv6 NAT LES brand, not Inceptionhosting helpdesk, so what's your point again?
    Most hosts openly says that forum isn't their helpdesk, so no, that's not a hosting industry norm. Not even in low end segment, so I honestly don't know what you were thinking suggesting that.
    Beside that as you already mentioned old LES forum created explicitely for LES brand, I am not aware that there's Virmach forum to support Virmach clients. Can you point me to that forum?

@nutjob said: You suggest I'm new to this business, did you think to check my join date on LET? It says March 2013. What does yours say?

Oh, pissing contest? Let me see... :)

I was around when LEA/Scotty started small hobby blog LEB in 2008 on a 64MB memory vps.
    I was around when he started bbPress LET version.
    And then I was around when he continued with OSQA LET version... and all the "quality" time with good ole' grumpy DrMike :)
    I was around also when Chief overtook LET, secretly sold it to the CC and all kind of pricks of your sort started to visit Vanilla LET version, with oldies parting the community and forum becoming a crap.
    And yes, you act like a newbie justifying all the crap with saying that we can't expect decent quallity in low end hosting segment. We can, it just depend from a host to a host. Some deliver and others... are just crap.
    So what's your point again?

@skorous said: Why does anyone still engage with Mumbly on this topic?

Because I usually know what I am talking about? :)

• @skorous said:
    Why does anyone still engage with Mumbly on this topic?

Because it's fun humiliating these sorts of people in the forums. But it's strictly a one post sort of thing. He doesn't seem to be well anyway.

• How old are you again? ;)

• @skorous said:
    Why does anyone still engage with Mumbly on this topic?

Not knowing that he just picks a random comment and rants until that person gives up I guess.

Or boredom.

Maybe stupidity on a few people's parts that think they can actually reason with him.

Thanked by (1)skorous
  • Oh, @Daevien, just wait for me ;)

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Is it me? Seems strange to start another round of sales, prior to activating/resolving/completing the previous one(s).

I already kind of discussed this how the sale would come and go in bursts. It didn't play out exactly as described but it's still the same concept if you look at the numbers on my end. The last sale wasn't as big as you'd think with the lack of marketing/thread and so on and you have to remember we also basically barely had a black friday sale initially as well and that was cut very short.

The current sale has less moving parts, and it's supplementing lower level of natural orders right now. It's manageable. If it exceeds a threshold, it'll be paused.

At this level, it's akin to thinking it's strange that we still sell plans on our website while everything else is still going on. Don't worry, I have targets on my end such as daily order numbers and ticket volumes both on the ones sitting there, the types of tickets, and the rate at which they're getting created and it's a net positive to do a sale right now.

@host4cheap said: +1. It's especially concerning that Virmach is posting another sale thread just two weeks after the last one, when there are still so many pending orders from the previous sale. How can they justify selling when they haven't even fulfilled the orders from the last sale? It shows a clear disregard.

Two completely different issues.

Orders stuck from last sale are still majority $0.25 orders in Tokyo specifically, some affiliates really hyped that one up and stock adjuster broke and permitted the flood of orders in a sold out location. Then, the rest are mostly flash deals which broke in one way or another. Developer is working on that independently on a separate timeline. He's almost done.

I have no problem cancelling and refunding all of them, but that would definitely be a huge negative for most people as most the broken ones are at the very end where we ran our final fireworks show with a lot of plans that don't even cover IPv4 cost. I'm sure the vast majority know they'll have it activated and are patiently waiting.

The new sale is relatively painless, nothing fancy that breaks.

• EPYC WHEN!?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @nutjob said:

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:

Oh boy, are you ok? Seriously, you sound like you're about to have a heart attack, a stroke or a psychotic break, possibly all three.

Going by the mistyped, incoherent rant that follows, I think you may have had at least 2 out of 3. None of it even makes sense. (Also you should google "no free lunch").

You suggest I'm new to this business, did you think to check my join date on LET? It says March 2013. What does yours say?

You list a bunch of providers, none of which do deals as cheap as VirMach's flash sales. Great! I can get more and better service for more money! Who could have known! Somewhere along the line you missed that low end means cheaper, not more expensive, less not more. Maybe I can draw you a picture so you'll understand?

You question my maturity and generally lose your mind because I suggested that support should be provided in the forum. But wait, we're on LES, a forum that was created by Inception Hosting where they could provide the sole means of support for their cheapest VPSes. Yup they thought of it before I did. You should send them a note calling them names too!

Reading your statements make me understand why you are acting like this.

I'm assuming you're used to live in a world of low standards, You have a low level of self-confidence.

So you're used to or at least try to apprehend every low standard because it's cheap.

It's okay bro, nothing is wrong with that, we just live in different standards.

Thanked by (3)huginn beanman109 Mumbly
  • edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    The current sale

You should call it the RackMerd sale.

• @nutjob said:

@VirMach said:
    The current sale

CageGeek

• Where's my $6 love you long time?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@fluttershy said:

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:
    The current sale

CageGeek

That one's already taken... by me, 10 seconds ago. Our #1 expenditure is domain names we'll never use.

• @Fritz said:

@nutjob said:

@Mumbly said:

@nutjob said:

Reading your statements make me understand why you are acting like this.

I'm assuming you're used to live in a world of low standards, You have a low level of self-confidence.

So you're used to or at least try to apprehend every low standard because it's cheap.

It's okay bro, nothing is wrong with that, we just live in different standards.

Jesus Christ what is wrong with the people here? It's like the whining and MJJ has become a virus and is infecting everyone.

Delay a server for a couple of weeks and people go off the deep end. It's shocking! It's like a touched a nerve: "I MUST HAVE MY SERVER!!! I WILL LOSE MILLIONS IF IT IS NOT IDLING RIGHT NOW!!! SHUT YOUR FILTHY NUTJOB MOUTH!!!"

I mean I have the termity to come here, LowEndSpirit.com, and demand LOW END deals. And for that I get called names! It seems there is no spirit left here.

Oh well, can anyone suggest a website where people actually want to PAY LESS for their servers? No? No takers?

But yeah, to answer your brain hemorrhage: I'm running a distributed system. The amount I pay for servers goes directly to the bottom line, so they must be as cheap as possible for the given resources. If one node goes down (or is delayed) it entirely doesn't matter. In fact it's good because it help me work out different failure modes.

So now you know!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ mbk
  • @VirMach said: That one's already taken... by me, 10 seconds ago. Our #1 expenditure is domain names we'll never use.

I think you should bundle those domains with some VPS sales and create some amazing deals /s

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @fluttershy said:

@nutjob said:

@VirMach said:
    The current sale

CageGeek

RageGeek, in honor of this thread.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • my service now active but the VPS still offline, tried re-install/boot it but still offline :(