Free i9-9900K Proxmox Accounts At Hetzner FSN1

Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
edited January 2023 in Free Offers and Stuff

Friendly greetings to all! 🌎🌍

As of January 18, 2023 free accounts remain available! However the server is set to cancel on February 7, 2023. The cancellation might be revoked. Users might be invited to transfer to a different server. This server might be available for transfer if someone wants it.

What's New?

• Proxmox seems to have been installed on a MetalVPS antique Intel node at Hetzner FSN1.

• Want a free account? Maybe with sudo? πŸ‘ Right now plenty of server resources are available because there is nobody using the FSN1 node except @Not_Oles. :) Fair use, but your VM specs don't have to be tiny. 🐷

• Maybe VMs might be IPv6/128 only for now? If you have only IPv4, perhaps head over to Route48.org or Hurricane Electric Tunnel Broker to add free IPv6 capability. Also consider putting your web service behind a CDN which allows access via IPv4.

• Maybe LXC only for now?

Node Specs

• Intel Core i9-9900K
  • 1 x HDD SATA 16 TB Enterprise
  • 2 x SSD M.2 NVMe 1 TB
  • 4 x RAM 32768 MB DDR4
  • NIC 1 Gbit Intel I219-LM
  • 1 x Primary IPv4, 1 x IPv6/64

• Hardware rented from Hetzner for € 81.70 / month.

• Node OS: Proxmox for now! 🀩 Gentoo or FreeBSD or NetBSD might or might not be coming soon! ❀️

• VM OS: Whatever you/we install!

Who?

• MetalVPS is a project of @Not_Oles a/k/a Tom Miller a/k/a the cluelessβ„’ guy.

Where?

• MetalVPS currently has nodes in Falkenstein, Germany πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ; Dallas, Texas USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ; and Fremont, California USA πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ.

• The Dallas and Freemont nodes are not included in this free offer.

Why?

• Why not? It's fun to play with and learn about servers, operating systems, and the internet. :)

• @Not_Oles uses very little of his MetalVPS servers' capacity. It's better to offer the extra capacity to others than to waste it. πŸ€”

• Sometimes, when @Not_Oles hasn't run installimage for awhile, he misses it. 😒

• Maybe the requirement (please see below, How To Sign Up) to accompany applications with a link to a post here on LES where you helped someone else might encourage our wonderful Low End Spirit! <3

Warnings!

• Cluelessβ„’ administrator! πŸ˜€ @Not_Oles frequently messes up! 😱

• @Not_Oles is especially cluelessβ„’ about Proxmox since he is a Proxmox noob. πŸ€—

• Sometimes trusted MetalVPSians might or might not get sudo. πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™Š

• MetalVPS usually has no billing panel and no server control panel. It's all command line until you install a GUI or activate whatever pre-installed GUI you want. πŸ†• Maybe you can use the Proxmox web GUI. Maybe you can make your VM with the Proxmox command line! πŸ€—

• MetalVPS has no onboarding and no knowledge base. β™’οΈŽ If you want to make a VM, you need to know or be willing to research about how to do it.

• Account delivery might take a while! 😴 Accounts might be difficult to get, and there might not be very many accounts, because @Not_Oles enjoys servers that are not crowded. πŸ” @Not_Oles will go especially slowly on this node! 🐒

• Both individual accounts and the entire server are subject to cancellation at any time without advance notice! πŸ’₯

• No warranty, to the extent permitted by applicable law. No service level agreement. Not for business use. Intended especially for computer learning and fun! πŸ€‘

• White Hat stuff only, please! No copyright violations, please. πŸ‘

• @Not_Oles tries to keep the system updated. Frequent maintenance reboots are almost guaranteed! 🌺

• Please make your own redundant, offsite backups! It's easy to download or sync or clone your backup to a safe place. Please also make sure that you actually can restore from your backups! Please think of your MetalVPS account as ephemeral! It might blow up! We or you might reinstall the node! πŸ€¦β€β™‚οΈ

• MetalVPS.com is an indie project of @Not_Oles a/k/a Tom Miller with help from the MetalVPSians and many other friends. MetalVPS.com is not a project of lowendspirit.com, lowendtalk.com, Hetzner, leveloneservers.com, or of Cloudie Networks, LLC. πŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»β€‹

• Other MetalVPSians might be able to see your account name, some of the processes you are running, and much other information. So, please do not put confidential information on the server. πŸ€”

How To Sign Up

• Please post in this thread.

• Please include in your request a link to a post here on LES where you helped someone else.

Support

• Please post in this thread.

• Additional communication channels might be available via Signal App, Discord, Jitsi, etc.

What People Are Saying

• About MetalVPS

"This is really really cool."

"I enjoyed the section of the OP dedicated to complementary comments, including helpful links so they can be verified."

"MetalVPS used to be a high end provider, but it's becoming a sorority now."

"fun stuff indeed, appreciating the comfortable computing experience!"

"Liking my darkstar"

"Nice trial and results! Very interesting :)"

Metalvps recommended on OGF πŸ™ˆ

"It just crossed my mind that I've been using your server for over half a year! It's been an amazing experience! . . . Your services deserve much more attention. <3"

"Wow pretty nice ! Congrats excellent options thanks for being a part of the community"

"the terms seemed exceptionally fair"

"Kernel Linux 5.11 is now in much better shape for AMD <3"

"Yes, please. I’ll take that."

"it's really quite dedicated. not all dedicated are the same."

"MetalVPS-AX101 has a reasonable price"

"really need a testing ground badly now especially with dedicated core"

"the fastest VPS I ever used"

"I've been using this one from him. Highly recommend! His support is really amazing!"

"10/10 metalvps recommended"

"very powerful"

"premium stuff"

"Grab it while the hotel still has vacant rooms."

". . . very passionate and enthusiastic about everything. Not all businesses are made this way and it's very easy to see when you interact with them. You are giving the right impression with this industry and it's wonderful to see."

"I think MetalVPS is designed in between a dedicated and a regular VPS. Some use case cannot fill the capacity of a dedicated but need more CPU than a regular VPS, and it makes sense to use MetalVPS in such situation."

• About Not_Oles

"I did want to thank @Not_Oles for always being so friendly. Makes me smile seeing how nice you are to everyone here."

"You are a great person."

"Possibly the most polite and enthusiastic personality in the entire LE* world with a genuine interest that runs so deep he even set up a business exclusively catering for LES. as a regular content writer for LES his articles frequently top the charts in terms of most viewed (according to google)"

"Really, you're the best person I've known on the internet."

"we've found that good, in-depth technical articles tend to drive user interaction and new sign-ups on the forum. @Not_Oles's Proxmox articles are evidence of this."

"It was a pleasure for me to collaborate with Tom, he really knows what he's doing :)"

"Thanks again to @Not_Oles for valiant testing."

"you've brought a smile on my face countless times "

"Good luck with your new project! :D Happy to have you around here!"

"I always love how you come up with new ideas :D Good luck, mate!

"May you continue to learn and inspire others."

"he is a great guy!"

"he is the sweetest guy in LES .."

"Everybody loves @Not_Oles! <3"

"resplendent as the Sonoran Sun"

"god bless not_oles ^^"

"every time I visit les and see that profile picture, it brightens up my day."

"As for the new administrator, I nominate @Not_Oles."

"I would love to see @Not_Oles as a moderator or a bigger role."

"I would also support @Not_Oles as admin :)"

Thanks

Thanks again and best wishes! πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ΈπŸ—½πŸ‡²πŸ‡½πŸœοΈπŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‘¨β€πŸ’»β€‹

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

Tagged:
Β«134

Comments