★ VirMach ★ 2023 ★ NVMe SSD ★ Ryzen ★ KVM ★ Check inside for offers!

Comments

• JabJab
    edited January 2023

🔥🔥🔥🍿

Variant #NB

LOL.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Similar Deals Variant #RN
    Limit one. New customers/signups only.

He,he... this is going to end well ;)

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint someTom
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@Mumbly said:

Similar Deals Variant #RN
    Limit one. New customers/signups only.

He,he... this is going to end well ;)

We probably have enough space to absorb an entire other company right now, I just put a limit as I don't want random bulk orders or huge random bursts. If people have more they need to move over they can use the buttons to contact us and we'll most likely generate the closest variant that meets or exceeds the request.

All I'll say is if anyone wants to abuse it just make sure to be smart about it. I'm not condoning doing multiple accounts to get the 50% off advertised rates, but to avoid a headache for yourself make sure we can't tell.

Outside of that anyone can obviously purchase it without the coupon at 2x price. Still won't be a terrible deal since we're doing baseline non-Ryzen costs and providing Ryzen. I'm pretty sure it'll still beat the competitor's Ryzen pricing without the coupon.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said:
    New refugee/pricematch offer page:
    https://virmach.com/vps-price-match-refugee-offers/

🔥🔥🔥🍿

Bold move. I like it. :)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach said:
    Still won't be a terrible deal since we're doing baseline non-Ryzen costs and providing Ryzen. I'm pretty sure it'll still beat the competitor's Ryzen pricing without the coupon.

level AMD Intel
    amateur Ryzen Core
    professional EPYC Xeon Scalable
    junk Opteron E3,E5,Atom
    Thanked by (1)ariq01

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

@yoursunny said:

@VirMach said:
    Still won't be a terrible deal since we're doing baseline non-Ryzen costs and providing Ryzen. I'm pretty sure it'll still beat the competitor's Ryzen pricing without the coupon.

level AMD Intel
    amateur Ryzen Core
    professional EPYC Xeon Scalable
    junk Opteron E3,E5,Atom

Don't worry we're going all Epyc after these, I've lost too many braincells and marbles with these ASRock amateur boards. Never again. And it'll be cheaper, plus maybe we'll even do something interesting like another control panel that supports IPv6 + IPv4 NAT out the box, just for you.

Okay maybe I'm promising too much, what I can say for certain is all purchases in the near future will be Epyc.

• Flash sale has been provisioned, thanks @VirMach.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Don't worry we're going all Epyc after these,

:+1:

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    Okay maybe I'm promising too much, what I can say for certain is all purchases in the near future will be Epyc.

Button: switch to professional hosting.
    Cost: $3 one time for flash sale, free for full price plans.
    Effects:

• Service is recreated on EPYC processor, with user data copied over.
    • Incoming port 80 and 443 are unblocked forever.
    • Outgoing port 25 remains blocked on IPv4, but can be unblocked on IPv6 for $10/year fee.
    • Routed IPv6 /56 is assigned.
    • rDNS is enabled for IPv6, which supports both single record and nameserver delegation.

Button: let me sleep at night.
    Effect: hard limit CPU and IO to fair use limits, no more suspension due to exceeding limits.
    Cost: free.
    Limitation: can only be used on plans with 3 or more cores; after applying, every 3 shared cores become 1 unrestricted core.

Button: make the world a better place.
    Effect: delete dedicated IPv4 and receive NAT IPv4 with 20 ports, usable for TCP, UDP, and SCTP.
    Saving: $3/year for flash sale, $1/month for full price plans.
    Limitation: cannot be used in Tokyo; cannot be used on accounts with CN billing address.

Button: make the world a worse place.
    Effect: undo the above button.
    Cost: $3 one time.
    Note: if used successively, this is effectively IP changing button, and the fee is same as automated IP changing.

Everyone will be offered free migrate button to Epyc if we keep it on SVM. If we don't then it might still be possible. I believe you will be the only person to use this button though so I may just make it a manual process and once you are done migrating your 3 services we'll remove the button 30 days after no one else clicks it.

Some people who didn't specifically purchase "Ryzen" may be asked to migrate to Epyc if they have very large RAM specials. I haven't really worked that decision out yet.

@yoursunny said: Button: let me sleep at night.
    Effect: hard limit CPU and IO to fair use limits, no more suspension due to exceeding limits.
    Limitation: can only be used on plans with 3 or more cores; after applying, every 3 shared cores become 1 unrestricted core.

CPU part could be coded out, I'll put this at the very bottom of our development queue. Release date: Q4 2027

@yoursunny said: Button: make the world a better place.
    Effect: delete dedicated IPv4 and receive NAT IPv4 with 20 ports, usable for TCP, UDP, and SCTP.
    Saving: $3/year for flash sale, $1/month for full price plans.
    Limitation: cannot be used in Tokyo; cannot be used on accounts with CN billing address.

Originally planned, too annoying to do on SVM. Discount was going to be $0.30/IP/MO to $0.50/IP/MO

@yoursunny said: Button: make the world a worse place.
    Effect: undo the above button.
    Cost: $3 one time.
    Note: if used successively, this is effectively IP changing button, and the fee is same as automated IP changing.

And this was going to be part of it. You'd also be able to opt out of IPv4 on order page to save or prices would be lowered and IPv4 fee tacked on by default unless you unselect it.

Thanked by (1)_MS_
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@VirMach said: Everyone will be offered free migrate button to Epyc if we keep it on SVM. If we don't then it might still be possible. I believe you will be the only person to use this button though

I'd use it for some of my VMs as well. So that is at least two of us. :)

Thanked by (1)skorous

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@FrankZ said:

@VirMach said: Everyone will be offered free migrate button to Epyc if we keep it on SVM. If we don't then it might still be possible. I believe you will be the only person to use this button though

what button? i wanna press it.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• edited January 2023

@cybertech said:

Button: prevent YABS
    Effects:

• Change to Common KVM processor, but AESNI remains enabled.
    • Throttle IO to 16 MB/s.
    • Throttle UDP traffic on port 5201~5209 to 10 Mbps.
    • Throttle CPU to 33% (same as let me sleep at night button).
    • Tickets regarding performance limits are auto-closed.

• Button: Resolve Multiple Account Bug
    Cost: free
    Effect: Cancel all VPS's on customer's multiple accounts that "totally aren't theirs" or "oh I forgot about that one".

Thanked by (2)yoursunny nightcat
  • @FrankZ said:

Three.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@yoursunny said:

@cybertech said:

Button: prevent YABS
    Effects:

• Change to Common KVM processor, but AESNI remains enabled.
    • Throttle IO to 16 MB/s.
    • Throttle UDP traffic on port 5201~5209 to 10 Mbps.
    • Throttle CPU to 33% (same as let me sleep at night button).
    • Tickets regarding performance limits are auto-closed.

yoursunny pays half of the VM price for every button used

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@yoursunny said: Button: prevent YABS

Button: Enable Customer VM Controls
    Cost: Thousands a month in SolusVM licensing fees
    Effects:

• Allow customers to actually control their VM to the same level possible on SolusVM admin panel, such as changing MAC address, setting VNC port, NIC, driver, disk cache, CPU configuration, video.

Funny thing is, SolusVM used to let customers set their video settings. They found out that if customers set the video to something else, it might break, so they added a feature update where the option was fully taken out with no way to enable it, which means that certain operating system(s) cannot function now unless someone goes in on our end and changes it, and there's no API for it. Maybe sometime before 2012 they also did this with others, who knows.

• @VirMach said:

@yoursunny said: Button: prevent YABS

Button: Enable Customer VM Controls
    Cost: Thousands a month in SolusVM licensing fees
    Effects:

• Allow customers to actually control their VM to the same level possible on SolusVM admin panel, such as changing MAC address, setting VNC port, NIC, driver, disk cache, CPU configuration, video.

Funny thing is, SolusVM used to let customers set their video settings. They found out that if customers set the video to something else, it might break, so they added a feature update where the option was fully taken out with no way to enable it, which means that certain operating system(s) cannot function now unless someone goes in on our end and changes it, and there's no API for it. Maybe sometime before 2012 they also did this with others, who knows.

Sounds just like good ol Solus man. One reason I am not fond of it truth be told.

• @soulchief said:
    Button: Resolve Multiple Account Bug
    Cost: free
    Effect: Cancel all VPS's on customer's multiple accounts that "totally aren't theirs" or "oh I forgot about that one".

Button: Merge all your account
    Cost: a few $
    Effect: Merge multi account into old account before virmach start to hate multi account and delete empty account.

I think all old enough accounts should have a chance correct multi-account issue.

• @nightcat said:
    I think all old enough accounts should have a chance correct multi-account issue.

Pretty sure that olive branch was already extended.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint DanSummer

Thank you everyone who was patient and sorry for the last bit of these flash specials taking so long to activate. I finally got some functional code to be able to activate these efficiently so that's why they were done quickly today. It's not that we were ignoring it, or had any bad intentions, it was just several failed iterations of solutions being worked on in the background.

Anyway, all* flash specials are provisioned now. There's still vserverid issue for most of the recent activated ones, which just means you won't be able to access the full SolusVM control panel yet, everything else should work. And some activated today are still waiting on due date to be adjusted. So please do not make tickets for these two issues.

*A little exception to this, the following have not been provisioned:

• 12 quantity for DALZ010 offer, 4GB RAM / 4 Core / 130GB Disk
    • 1 quantity for NYCB041 offer (node is having problems still)

However, at this point in time, if you already haven't, feel free to contact us if:

1. There's any missing orders, make sure to provide all details such as invoice ID and transaction ID, so we can refund you
    2. Yours is paid and still pending or in a weird halfway state like cancelled but paid, etc.
    3. Incorrect specifications provisioned (these are super rare, maybe 1 or 2 out of each 1,000 so please make 100% sure first.)

For #3 if we get dozens of tickets claiming this, they'll all just be closed because it means people are reporting it improperly in which case you'll have to use LES support instead.

@nightcat said: I think all old enough accounts should have a chance correct multi-account issue.

This is a possibility if you understand it's a very very very very long line and everyone ahead of you in that line has a high likelihood of holding up the line and complicating things/not cooperating.

• @VirMach said:
    However, at this point in time, if you already haven't, feel free to contact us if:

1. There's any missing orders, make sure to provide all details such as invoice ID and transaction ID, so we can refund you
    2. Yours is paid and still pending or in a weird halfway state like cancelled but paid, etc.
    3. Incorrect specifications provisioned (these are super rare, maybe 1 or 2 out of each 1,000 so please make 100% sure first.)

For #3 if we get dozens of tickets claiming this, they'll all just be closed because it means people are reporting it improperly in which case you'll have to use LES support instead.

I have 1 order cancelled on 8-Jan but I haven't received the refund yet (also no email notification). Invoice #1524543, CC transaction ID: txn_3MMgk74l8iwG8nJ51cXdojsC
    Can you please check or do I need to open a ticket for easier?

@haynhat said:

@VirMach said:

I have 1 order cancelled on 8-Jan but I haven't received the refund yet (also no email notification). Invoice #1524543, CC transaction ID: txn_3MMgk74l8iwG8nJ51cXdojsC
    Can you please check or do I need to open a ticket for easier?

This would be #2 in the above.

Thanked by (1)haynhat
  • All mine are currently up & working, thank you.

• Mine are all activated now, and im just going to assume the specs are all correct since I have no way to check like 20+ of them lol.

• @VirMach said:
    Thank you everyone who was patient and sorry for the last bit of these flash specials taking so long to activate.

Thank you for all your hard work!

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• @VirMach said:

Congratulations and thank you. Two questions/requests

1. What are the next steps for 12 quantity for DALZ010 offer, 4GB RAM / 4 Core / 130GB Disk - it is not in your post ?
    2. 11 core incorrect specification is still pending (but merged in IPv6 ticket) - Ticket #894785.
  • @VirMach said:
    *A little exception to this, the following have not been provisioned:

• 12 quantity for DALZ010 offer, 4GB RAM / 4 Core / 130GB Disk

Well I guess I am one of the 12 for DALZ010 that has not been provisioned yet. :anguished:

Thanked by (1)noisycode