Free MetalVPS Intel i9-13900 Traditional Shell Account! Make Your Own VPSes!

Comments

• some random thoughts about the recent discussions/revelations...

@itsmepaddi said: I agree, but asking for documents and stuffs are like some kind of "privacy invasion", especially the one who don't want their real name, address, school information or anything to be exposed online.

If you want to rent your own server from a hosting provider, in most cases you will have to provide your real name, address and credit card information (or other payment information), but that doesn't necessarily mean it gets exposed online.

People should also have a read through Hetzner's terms and conditions, e.g.

7.1. The Customer is entitled to grant third parties a contractual term of use to any services the Customer orders from Hetzner. In this case, the Customer nevertheless remains the sole contractual partner. The Customer continues to be solely and fully liable for compliance with the contractual agreements between us and the Customer.

9.2. If the Customer violates the content obligations mentioned in Section 8 of these Terms and Conditions, in particular regarding legal prohibitions and decency violations, the Customer is liable to us for compensation for all direct or indirect damages arising from this, including financial losses.

and then think about how they can take these risks away from @Not_Oles

@iamvinh123 said: I'm actually a Sr.Mod in the discord server you were talking about, so please don't suspend me.....
    @dinopotato said: Also i just a Admin there, can you please don't suspend me please

I guess someone has to ask the question: you were at least aware what was going on the Discord server, but didn't bring it to @Not_Oles's attention?

@dinopotato said: I was trying to installing Kali Linux while attack is happening

What use case did you have in mind for Kali Linux?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @NodeSeek用户123 said: But the difficulty now lies in the ways to verify one's identity. How can I prove my identity with minimal disclosure of privacy?

In my suggestion, there are other ways to gain trust. Giving out your identification documents would be the quickest. However, if you choose not to, you can still establish trust. It'll just take longer.

@NodeSeek用户123 said: 3. Create a chat group (I personally recommend the Telegram group, Discord only requires an email to register, Telegram requires mobile phone verification, which can increase the cost of abuse) for everyone to communicate with each other and share their learning outcomes. I think if users contribute when using the free VPS, such as sharing their experience and answering other users' questions, they may cherish this resource more and use it more rationally, thereby reducing abusive behavior.

Personally, I am less enthusiastic about chat groups. I have multiple chat groups that have thousands of unread messages and it is hard to follow discussion topics as everything is mushed into one thread.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

The all seeing eye sees everything...

• Not_OlesNot_Oles Hosting ProviderContent Writer
    edited May 2023

Hello!

@Not_Oles said: hard questions concerning filtering neighbor applications and resource limits (assuming one or the other or both of these should be implemented).

Thanks to everyone who has spoken up! I will continue listening!

For what it's worth, where I come out so far on the two hard questions is:

• Filtering neighbor applications

Requests to become a MetalVPS neighbor need to show both (1) a record of community contributions, perhaps here at LES, perhaps elsewhere and (2) the identity of the proposed neighbor. One way to show identity is to link to your website, which, for example Mason or yoursunny, easily could do. Additional ways to show identity include providing verification by independent, reliable third parties and making financial contributions.

• Resource limits

I prefer, as much as possible, to avoid resource limits, both because implementing limits is complex, and because I prefer to invest my time elsewhere than in enforcement. On other platforms users are surrounded by limits. I want MetalVPS to feel free and unlimited.

I do appreciate that some people see (1) the command line as a severe limit. Nevertheless, to others, the command line represents freedom. I also appreciate that some people see allowing only (2) open source software as a severe limit. To others, however, open source software represents freedom.

As I said above, I will continue listening.

Thank you!

Best wishes!

Tom

I hope everyone gets the servers they want!

• edited May 2023

@Not_Oles Hello, I'm having problems connecting to the vps, I get this message: [email protected]: Permission denied (publickey).
    how can I solve that? thank you

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

@iamvinh123 said:

@itsmepaddi said:
    Let me explain what did I do when the attack is happening.
    I'm running a Windows 11 VM for testing stuffs (and failed)
    Also that logs probably was from a few days ago...

Let me explain what did I do too
    I'm installing Windows 11 in my VM while the attack is happening
    EDIT: I'm actually a Sr.Mod in the discord server you were talking about, so please don't suspend me.....

I was just about to install visual studio before the server got shut down so I doubt it even got installed fully and probably got corrupted...> @ralf said:

At the risk of coming across as heartless, I'm going to reply to this. Sorry in advance if you think I should be more compassionate.

@SheGivMeItAgain said:
    I'm actually classed as homeless, I had to move from a hotel in birmingham into a flat 2 weeks ago, iirc.
    It's been hard the past few years. Most of this is cause of my fucking landlord being a stuck up twat.

My inference from that is that you're an adult, because you have described this as "the past few years" and having a landlord.

Also, if you're living in a hotel, then it sounds like you have some means. You also say you just moved into a flat 2 weeks ago.

Also, noted that you live in Birmingham.

@SheGivMeItAgain said:
    By "personal documents" if you mean ID I do not hold one currently,

I'd say this is false. It's practically impossible to conduct life in the UK without any form of ID, unless you are actually homeless and just living from donated cash to spend in shops.

I find it unbelievable in the extreme that you have no bank account as it is trivial to open one, and children from the age of 13 have been able to open their own bank accounts for several decades at least.

For the benefit of @Not_Oles who might be tempted to believe this story, there are several schemes designed to enable people who chose not to have typical forms of ID such as driving licence or passport to obtain other photo ID. For instance: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate

for school based documents I do not consent to providing those

You now you're at school? Presuming that you mean "school" as a UK person uses the word, you'd not be dealing with landlords. Also, if you were actually genuinely homeless child, a call to social services will find you some accommodation quickly.

For the .edu its wrong! My school uses .co.uk actually! But has students, also doesn't allow emails from out the school/schools email or emails that arent whitelisted.

Also, this seems very suspicious in and of itself. Most schools in the UK do not use .co.uk.

No [bank] card

As explained above, I find this extremely implausible. And if it is true, you've found yourself a problem to solve in the next few days.

Aside from anything else, it's almost impossible to rent anywhere without a bank account, and it's very difficult to claim any state welfare without a bank account. If you situation is as you describe, then you make sure that you claim state welfare, so go along to your local job center and ask about the process. Or read more about it here:
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/claiming_benefits_when_homeless_on_the_streets
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/how_to_open_a_bank_account

But in any case, you have a choice - if you want to participate in people's offers (free or otherwise), you have to comply with the rules they put in place. If you don't want to, then don't take advantage of the offers, and don't complain about it. Pretty simple really.

I do not have a bank account, I have asked my mom plenty of times and she is always too busy! Also my school DOES use .co.uk proof attached below.!
    (Link removed by @FrankZ for privacy reasons. Please send the link to @Not_Oles via DM)

Edit: I feel like I'm being attacked for no reason, I have done no harm to metalvps! So why am I getting all the hate. It seems like I'm being targeted here.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @SheGivMeItAgain said:

@iamvinh123 said:

@itsmepaddi said:
    Let me explain what did I do when the attack is happening.
    I'm running a Windows 11 VM for testing stuffs (and failed)
    Also that logs probably was from a few days ago...

Let me explain what did I do too
    I'm installing Windows 11 in my VM while the attack is happening
    EDIT: I'm actually a Sr.Mod in the discord server you were talking about, so please don't suspend me.....

I was just about to install visual studio before the server got shut down so I doubt it even got installed fully and probably got corrupted...> @ralf said:

At the risk of coming across as heartless, I'm going to reply to this. Sorry in advance if you think I should be more compassionate.

@SheGivMeItAgain said:
    I'm actually classed as homeless, I had to move from a hotel in birmingham into a flat 2 weeks ago, iirc.
    It's been hard the past few years. Most of this is cause of my fucking landlord being a stuck up twat.

My inference from that is that you're an adult, because you have described this as "the past few years" and having a landlord.

Also, if you're living in a hotel, then it sounds like you have some means. You also say you just moved into a flat 2 weeks ago.

@SheGivMeItAgain said:

I'd say this is false. It's practically impossible to conduct life in the UK without any form of ID, unless you are actually homeless and just living from donated cash to spend in shops.

I find it unbelievable in the extreme that you have no bank account as it is trivial to open one, and children from the age of 13 have been able to open their own bank accounts for several decades at least.

For the benefit of @Not_Oles who might be tempted to believe this story, there are several schemes designed to enable people who chose not to have typical forms of ID such as driving licence or passport to obtain other photo ID. For instance: https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-photo-id-voter-authority-certificate

You now you're at school? Presuming that you mean "school" as a UK person uses the word, you'd not be dealing with landlords. Also, if you were actually genuinely homeless child, a call to social services will find you some accommodation quickly.

For the .edu its wrong! My school uses .co.uk actually! But has students, also doesn't allow emails from out the school/schools email or emails that arent whitelisted.

Also, this seems very suspicious in and of itself. Most schools in the UK do not use .co.uk.

No [bank] card

As explained above, I find this extremely implausible. And if it is true, you've found yourself a problem to solve in the next few days.

Aside from anything else, it's almost impossible to rent anywhere without a bank account, and it's very difficult to claim any state welfare without a bank account. If you situation is as you describe, then you make sure that you claim state welfare, so go along to your local job center and ask about the process. Or read more about it here:
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/claiming_benefits_when_homeless_on_the_streets
    https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_advice/homelessness/how_to_open_a_bank_account

But in any case, you have a choice - if you want to participate in people's offers (free or otherwise), you have to comply with the rules they put in place. If you don't want to, then don't take advantage of the offers, and don't complain about it. Pretty simple really.

I do not have a bank account, I have asked my mom plenty of times and she is always too busy! Also my school DOES use .co.uk proof attached below.!

@terrorgen said:

@ralf said:

@SheGivMeItAgain said:

@SheGivMeItAgain said:

No [bank] card

Glad to have someone with a UK background comment on this! I knew something was up but without extended knowledge of UK life I am not able to point out what's going on.

Also note: I'm 14.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

FWIW you should probably remove that image as your redacting skills aren't that great!

But anyway, if you are genuinely homeless, please read the Citizen's Advice: https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/housing/homelessness/applying-for-homeless-help/getting-help-from-social-services-if-youre-homeless/

EDIT: just a note - I asked a moderator to remove the link to the image. It revealed probably too much information, certainly enough that it looks legitimate.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

@Not_Oles said: hard questions concerning filtering neighbor applications and resource limits (assuming one or the other or both of these should be implemented).

Requests to become a MetalVPS neighbor need to show both (1) a record of community contributions, perhaps here at LES, perhaps elsewhere and (2) the identity of the proposed neighbor. One way to show identity is to link to your website, which, for example Mason or yoursunny, easily could do. Additional ways to show identity include providing verification by independent, reliable third parties and making financial contributions.

• Resource limits

I prefer, as much as possible, to avoid resource limits, both because implementing limits is complex, and because I prefer to invest my time elsewhere than in enforcement. On other platforms users are surrounded by limits. I want MetalVPS to feel free and unlimited.

I do appreciate that some people see (1) the command line as a severe limit. Nevertheless, to others, the command line represents freedom. I also appreciate that some people see allowing only (2) open source software as a severe limit. To others, however, open source software represents freedom.

Thank you!

Best wishes!

Tom

• Resource limits (continued)

Someone above kindly suggested not automatically adding new neighbors to the kvm group. That may be a good idea! kvm group membership is not enabled by default in Debian, so being added to the kvm group is an additional privilege. <3

Thanked by (1)terrorgen

@H4N50 said:
    @Not_Oles Hello, I'm having problems connecting to the vps, I get this message: [email protected]: Permission denied (publickey).
    how can I solve that? thank you

Hello Hans!

The server has been wiped and reinstalled with Debian. All the old accounts have been removed due to the evil actions of one of the former users. Unfortunately, your brand new account was included in the wipe, along with all the others. That's why you cannot login. I am sorry for the inconvenience!

Soon MetalVPS will accept new applications for accounts on the refreshed servers. If you continue watching the MetalVPS threads here at LES, you will be among the first to get the good news when applications again will be accepted. Again, apologies for the inconvenience!

Best wishes!

Tom

@SheGivMeItAgain

Friend Blake, please take it easy! @ralf is a great guy. He is discussing some possible reasons for different interpretations about what you have been saying. It's really not like you are being "attacked."

@FrankZ and @ralf both seem to think you posted something which should have been redacted. That's looking out for you, helping you! It's not an attack!

Your contributions to the discussion here are very much appreciated, and I am paying careful attention to everything you say.

We are not yet ready to put people back on the servers. That time will come, but it has not yet arrived. So, please be patient, please take it easy, and please continue to watch and to contribute gently to the thread.

Best!

Tom

Thanked by (3)Ganonk Yqua ralf

• @Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

• Resource limits

Thank you!

Best wishes!

Tom

I see…

Teehee!

• @itsmepaddi said:
    I agree, but asking for documents and stuffs are like some kind of "privacy invasion", especially the one who don't want their real name, address, school information or anything to be exposed online.

In that case you should not even be on the internet. If you want to rent server from ANY provider, you will need to disclose your full name, address and phone number. So why are you on LES?

Dont take it the wrong way but I'm just saying that just like you care about getting a service, the service provider also needs to ensure he is protected from bad actors and a great way to do that is by personal identification information validation.

@itsmepaddi said:
    I also don't want to expose my information online, but I will try to get Not_Oles's trust by posting my contributions if I can. I'm not the kind of person who run away after getting the VPS, just like what most people here did.

90% good and 10% bad is still bad in the end. Lets say person A contributes meaningfully all the while running a port scan or RDP hack in the background. Is it still good? I am not saying you are such a person. I am saying those who want to hide their personal info has something to hide.

Try signing up for ANY email account. See what are the details you require.
    Try signing up for ANY vps/dedicated servers. See what are the details you require.
    Try signing up for ANY online shopping. See what are the details you require.

All will ask you about your real name, address, phone number. Many of them will even verify your phone number by a text message or a call.

@iamvinh123 said:
    I also agree too
    Tom wanted everyone to trust him, He also gave me access of the i9-9900K with SUDO access
    I wanted Tom to trust me so I've decided to post all my work for privacy reasons
    Why? I don't want my info be exposed online
    I'm also not a person who ran away after getting the VPS.

My reply is the same as above.

@angstrom said:
    hi mr not_oles, can you give me free shell account on metal server? i have only weak computer and bad internet connection at house. i want learn how scan ports. shell account on metal server would help me learn how scan ports. i promise not create vps with windows! thank you, you are nice man

Yes yes, and after you get the account, you'll be creating a windows VPS with 62GB of ram and trying to hack the pentagon :lol:

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• edited May 2023

@somik said:
    In that case you should not even be on the internet. If you want to rent server from ANY provider, you will need to disclose your full name, address and phone number. So why are you on LES?

Dont take it the wrong way but I'm just saying that just like you care about getting a service, the service provider also needs to ensure he is protected from bad actors and a great way to do that is by personal identification information validation.

Try signing up for ANY vps/dedicated servers. See what are the details you require.

All will ask you about your real name, address, phone number. Many of them will even verify your phone number by a text message or a call.

Alright, now I have understand why he need some personal information. That's to make sure you're actually not an abuser.
    Not_Oles is not like reputable companies like Hetzner, Google, Microsoft, but he's just a great person who give MetalVPS for absolutely free for everyone to learn.

I'll talk to @Not_Oles in Discord, I have sent him a friend request in Discord. My username is begula#0253.

Thanked by (2)somik Not_Oles

@Nubuki said:

@Not_Oles said:
    Hello!

• Resource limits

Thank you!

Best wishes!

Tom

I see…

As I said above, I will continue listening. You could say more. You are not giving me much to go on. How can I understand what you think when all you say is, "I see?" :)

@itsmepaddi said:

@somik said:

Alright, now I have understand why he need some personal information. That's to make sure you're actually not an abuser.
    Not_Oles is not like reputable companies like Hetzner, Google, Microsoft, but he's just a great person who give MetalVPS for absolutely free for everyone to learn.

I'll talk to @Not_Oles in Discord, I have sent him a friend request in Discord. My username is begula#0253.

IMNSHO @somik is being a little too tough on you! :) Anyway, I accepted your friend request. Best wishes! Tom

• @Not_Oles said:

I think show of identity can be done via social media as well. Facebook/Linkedin/Twitter etc is a good way to verify their identity to some extent. Apps that require a phone number like Telegram and Whatsapp are also good options.

@Not_Oles said:

@itsmepaddi said:

IMNSHO @somik is being a little too tough on you! :) Anyway, I accepted your friend request. Best wishes! Tom

Well, yes, but it is not because I have something personal against @itsmepaddi but rather I was just saying what a regular person requires when he/she is active online.

Back in the 1990s or 2000s, before the social media trend really caught up, we all conducted ourselves anonymously. Those older will remember Yahoo or MSN chats. There were a lot of forums that focus on cracked software or hacking that allowed users to not disclose any personal info. It was good times.

Now, with facebook/twitter/telegram/imo/whatsapp/discord and what not, everything requires a phone number to verify your identity at the minimum.

As for everyone else here, @itsmepaddi 's idea of using discord to verify his identity is not bad. Since your identity is already verified by those, you should be able to use that account to verify your identity with @Not_Oles (if he accepts it that is).

Other ways include refferals from a "trusted" member. If the reffered user does something bad, both accounts can be suspended. Many not so legal websites use this method to verify the identity as no one wants to disclose their idenity on a illegal site.

As not oles says, a contribution to help him run the server is also a good way to show support and verify your identity.

There are numerous ways that doesn't involve you passing him your ID, so come up with it yourself and propose the solution here instead of saying "no i cant do that". This is a community so share your ideas.

PS. Funny how you are willing to show your ID to a regular guy at sales counter to buy alcohol or at booth to get free stuffs, but not willing to share it with people you know longer online. It shows that you do not trust the people online; which in tern says, you should not expect others to trust you either.

Again, lemme reiterate, I am not being hard on just one person here. If I made @itsmepaddi or @SheGivMeItAgain feel like they are being targeted or harassed, please accept my apology. It was not my intention. I was just trying to make a point and since emotions are not conveyed properly on written text, it makes it hard for me to express what I want to say.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

• @Not_Oles I have sent you a DM in Discord.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

A little more progress!

root@fsn ~ # cat /etc/debian_version 
    root@fsn ~ # uname -r
    6.1.0-8-amd64
    root@fsn ~ # curl https://fsn.metalvps.com
    <html>
    <head>
    <style>
    body {
    /*  width: 55em;
        margin: 0 auto; */
        font-family: Courier New, courier;
        background: #000800;
        color: #04ff04;
    }
    </style>
    </head>
    <body>
    <br>
    <br>
    <center><strong>Hello from MetalVPS! :)</strong></center>
    <br>
    <br>
    <center><strong>Intel i9-13900 at Hetzner FSN!</strong></center>
    <br>
    <br>
    <center><i>Fast-as-Metal</i></center>
    <br>
    <br>
    </body>
    </html>
    root@fsn ~ # 

Double bandwidth to the first person who explains what I think is the reason why the line lengths in the above index.html code are as they are. :)

Now I have to go install bun.js, right? :)

• edited May 2023

@terrorgen said: In my suggestion, there are other ways to gain trust. Giving out your identification documents would be the quickest. However, if you choose not to, you can still establish trust. It'll just take longer.

I completely agree with you👍.Time reveals true character

@terrorgen said: Personally, I am less enthusiastic about chat groups. I have multiple chat groups that have thousands of unread messages and it is hard to follow discussion topics as everything is mushed into one thread.

You have thought it through very carefully😮👍. I understand this feeling. Seeing thousands of messages, some of which are filled with small talk, can indeed make one lose interest in checking.

I remember that Telegram's groups can be divided into several topics and idle chatter is only allowed in a specific topic, with each topic discussing only one thing, would this help alleviate the situation?

I think there are several benefits to creating such a group on Telegram:
    1. Telegram accounts require phone number verification, so someone who has been banned and wants to rejoin with a new identity would have to spend more than just registering a Gmail account.
    2. Forum/email communication can be more efficient for problem-solving, but group chats are more relaxed and free-flowing, which can reveal people's personalities and true intentions.

I suggest adding "observation period" friends to the group chat as an indirect way to verify their identity. Then, we could chat with them about their life and work, understand their opinions on certain matters, and vote (There is a feature for anonymous voting on Telegram.) on whether to grant them further privileges.

If we limit the number of people who can join, the management cost may not be too high ?🤔

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

@NodeSeek用户123 said:
    I think there are several benefits to creating such a group on Telegram:
    1. Telegram accounts require phone number verification, so someone who has been banned and wants to rejoin with a new identity would have to spend more than just registering a Gmail account.
    2. Forum/email communication can be more efficient for problem-solving, but group chats are more relaxed and free-flowing, which can reveal people's personalities and true intentions.

The thing is people can register Telegram account using VIRTUAL NUMBERS which we can even get it for free (even though there are some virtual number service that costs money).
    I saw a lot of tutorials in YouTube about registering Telegram account using virtual numbers for free. So I don't think this is a good idea.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @Not_Oles
    Check your DMs
    My discord is c0denam3_iamv1nh123#8845 btw

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @iamvinh123 said:
    @Not_Oles
    Check your DMs
    My discord is c0denam3_iamv1nh123#8845 btw

I also sent you a friend request as well

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • edited May 2023

Hi @Not_Oles, is it possible to request a new account to replace the account that was deleted after you reinstalled Debian?

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • somiksomik OG
    edited May 2023

@ExAjiMag said:
    Hi @Not_Oles , is it possible to request a new account to replace the account that was deleted after reinstalling Debian?

Soon, not yet.

@Not_Oles could you also setup a donation box? Not saying you need it, but it'll help people donate to the project and also help you in the long run.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles LowEnd

New Terms of Service for MetalVPS Neighbors might include:

• Run open source software only?
    • No transfer of account or sub-accounts?
    • kvm group membership deferred?
    • sudo group membership deferred?

New Benefits for MetalVPS Neighbors might include:

• Shared hosting, maybe /home/neighbor/www/ is served?
    • Please check https://fsn.metalvps.com
    • First time for me to set up Apache for shared hosting. So, I'm clueless!™ :)

@itsmepaddi @iamvinh123 @NodeSeek用户123 Other guys, what do you think?

Thanked by (3)cpsd somik itsmepaddi

edited May 2023

@ExAjiMag said:
    Hi @Not_Oles, is it possible to request a new account to replace the account that was deleted after you reinstalled Debian?

Yes. But it might be awhile before it can happen.

@Not_Oles said:
    New Terms of Service for MetalVPS Neighbors might include:

New Benefits for MetalVPS Neighbors might include:

@itsmepaddi @iamvinh123 @NodeSeek用户123 Other guys, what do you think?

@ExAjiMag (1) What do you think of the possible new TOS and benefits? (2) What do you think about the possible new identification requirement? Thanks for any comments! :)

• @Not_Oles said:

100% support this. Since the server is given out for free for educational and knowledge sharing purpose, opensource is the way to go. You also dont have to deal with licensing issues (although some opensource software do require licenses for full functionality). This will also discourage high RAM usage for Windows users.

If anyone wants to run something closed source, maybe they can check with you first on that for approval?

@Not_Oles said:

This should go without saying.

@Not_Oles said:

Yes, cause this is a potential blackbox for abuse.

@Not_Oles said:

Yes, cause sudo users can add other users and open up potential for abuse as well.

@Not_Oles said:

Thanks! This will allow even those not familier with shell accounts to at least setup their website with some minimum configuration.

You can see the manual here: https://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.4/howto/public_html.html

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles

@somik said: @Not_Oles could you also setup a donation box? Not saying you need it, but it'll help people donate to the project and also help you in the long run.

Thanks for the suggestion. Pending getting something special set up, people can send their billions via Paypal to the email address on my profile. :)

@somik said: If anyone wants to run something closed source, maybe they can check with you first on that for approval?

Sure! :)

Thank you @somik!

• somiksomik OG
    edited May 2023

@Not_Oles said:

@somik said: If anyone wants to run something closed source, maybe they can check with you first on that for approval?

Sure! :)

Thank you @somik!

A better link with guide: https://geekrewind.com/setup-apache2-userdir-module-on-ubuntu-16-04-lts-servers/

Also, do note that you can enable it for specific users like so in your /etc/apache2/mods-available/userdir.conf file

UserDir disabled
    UserDir enabled user1 user2 user3

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles