Trustpilot policies and review trustworthiness

bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

I've noticed the following problems with Trustpilot:

• Trustpilot's trustworthiness issues related to how their "Content Integrity Team" handles stuff.
  • Charging an arm and a leg to let you display your Trustpilot reviews on your company's website​.

TL/DR As far as I can tell, it's better less bad to stick to Google reviews.

A long-winded post on the topic, with linked resources (blog and Linkedin posts basically):

Trustpilot trustworthines issues

It's not an easy job to build and run a platform like that. And I'm sure it costs money.
On the other hand, the way Trustpilot does things does not seem very good.

It would be nice if they were better and more reasonable than Google.
The way it is now, they seem to be slownly jockeying into a de-facto (hosting) company reputation/review centre, without even trying to assure that the reviews are legit (which, if they did it, just might justify their outrageously high prices).

What's your take?

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member
BikeGremlin's web-hosting reviews

Comments

• ClouviderClouvider Hosting ProviderOG

I agree but is Google better? We had competitors review us on Google and Google not bothering to act on the report. I don’t think I managed to successfully remove a fake review from Google ever. Even in cases where we could show the name matching companies house record and company website.

Thanked by (1)bikegremlin
  • @bikegremlin said:

• Charging an arm and a leg to let you display your Trustpilot reviews on your company's website​.

You would think since it's beneficial to their SEO to have everyone linking to their reviews, they would just allow the use of all their widgets by default even for companies with "Free" plans.

I just can't see any small business paying the $250/month that TrustPilot wants for their "Standard" plan just to get the ability to do so.

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

• Most of these types of sites probably had good intentions going but greed and the nature of people took over and they are now a cesspit of shit.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• bikegremlinbikegremlin ModeratorOGContent Writer

@SimpleSonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

You would think since it's beneficial to their SEO to have everyone linking to their reviews, they would just allow the use of all their widgets by default even for companies with "Free" plans.

I just can't see any small business paying the $250/month that TrustPilot wants for their "Standard" plan just to get the ability to do so.

Yup.

Also, note, $250 per month might be on the low end (no public pricing, they want to "contact you" to "send you an offer" - which I read as: "come over so I can first check how naive you are!"). :)

Relja of House Novović, the First of His Name, King of the Plains, the Breaker of Chains, WirMach Wolves pack member

• @bikegremlin said:

@SimpleSonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

Yup.

Also, note, $250 per month might be on the low end (no public pricing, they want to "contact you" to "send you an offer" - which I read as: "come over so I can first check how naive you are!"). :)

They had the pricing stated as $250/month and recently changed it to “Contact Us”, so I’m willing to bet it will be at least that much or more.

On a side note, I’ve also noticed MailChannels now have “Contact Us” for their pricing and $500 minimum spend noted.

I don’t think some of these companies give much thought or consideration to small businesses whatsoever. :(

SimpleSonic - We Make Fast... Easy!
    New High Performance Economy Shared Hosting Plans Available As Low As $1.46/mo

@SimpleSonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

@SimpleSonic said:

@bikegremlin said:

Yup.

They had the pricing stated as $250/month and recently changed it to “Contact Us”, so I’m willing to bet it will be at least that much or more.

On a side note, I’ve also noticed MailChannels now have “Contact Us” for their pricing and $500 minimum spend noted.

I don’t think some of these companies give much thought or consideration to small businesses whatsoever. :(

• @SimpleSonic @bikegremlin

They are just like the rest of world. They think they are big enough the little guy does not matter anymore. What they fail to understand is without that little guy they are nothing.

No matter how you have for a budget, nor how much business with you do with someone you should matter and if you can't do that get the fuck out of the way for someone who can. These bigger companies need to learn that every customer is important and the free ones. Stop selling data, stop using people, and start making sure your services are the best they can be for them.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

@AuroraZero said:
    @SimpleSonic @bikegremlin

They are just like the rest of world. They think they are big enough the little guy does not matter anymore. What they fail to understand is without that little guy they are nothing.

No matter how you have for a budget, nor how much business with you do with someone you should matter and if you can't do that get the fuck out of the way for someone who can. These bigger companies need to learn that every customer is important and the free ones. Stop selling data, stop using people, and start making sure your services are the best they can be for them.

• trustpilot is just a clown fiesta for me. if you blindly trust them you're not even the clown anymore, you're the entire circus.

If we're talking about World of Hosting, you better join off some hosting provider forums. You might see how a good rated provider actually a total asshat when handling their costumer, or seeing badly rated provider apparently doing just fine.

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

trustpilot reviews businesses.

who reviews trustpilot?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Encoders said:
    trustpilot is just a clown fiesta for me. if you blindly trust them you're not even the clown anymore, you're the entire circus.

Who is better than Trustpilot?

If we're talking about World of Hosting, you better join off some hosting provider forums. You might see how a good rated provider actually a total asshat when handling their costumer, or seeing badly rated provider apparently doing just fine.

Which hosting forums?