Servarica dropped a bandwidth bombshell

rootroot OG
edited June 24 in General

I just got this email message:

Dear [REDACTED]

We have been listening to your requests for more bandwidth allocation with our VPS and server plans.

It took us some time to overcome various difficulties to achieve what you all requested.

Some of the issues were technical, such as upgrading our entire core network with new routers and core switches to handle the increased traffic bandwidth. Additionally, negotiating new contracts with uplink providers was much more involved due to the need to upgrade their connectivity on their end as well.

But in the end, it is done, and here is the good news:

Currently, our plans come with two options for bandwidth that users are free to choose from:

  1. A limited number of TBs transferred on a 1 Gbps link
  2. Unlimited transfer on a 100 Mbps link

These will be upgraded for free as follows:

  1. Increase the number of allowed TBs on the 1 Gbps link to 3x (triple bandwidth allocation)
  2. Switch from 100 Mbps unlimited to a 250 Mbps unlimited option (the limit here is only on upload, while download speed remains unlimited)

And if you think that is good enough, wait to hear this: We are currently rolling out an option to have a daily increasing unlimited option. What this means is:

  1. On the first day, your VPS bandwidth is 250 Mbps unlimited (the limit is only on upload, while download speed is not limited).
  2. Each day your VPS is active, you get an extra 1 Mbps upload limit increase.

So, for example, after 10 days, your upload speed will be 260 Mbps. After 250 days, it will be 500 Mbps, and so on, until you reach the max of 1 Gbps, at which point it will stop increasing.

We decided to implement all these upgrades for free to keep our promise of being a value-focused provider. We always try to do the most with as little as possible without compromising quality.

We believe our success so far is proof that this business model works, as we rarely do any advertising. The vast majority of our clients come through recommendations from other clients.

If you like our services, please spread the word to anyone who might be interested, as that really helps us.

Thanks
servaRICA team

Thank you @servarica_hani and keep up the great work.

How are you... online?

Comments

  • Sounds like it's time for a new set of deals!

    Thanked by (2)servarica_hani bdl
  • Servarica super provider in my experience.
    I don't find their website particularly trustworthy. But I can confirm that it's solid stuff.
    Never judge a book by its cover I guess :)

    Thanked by (2)root servarica_hani
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    Thanked by (1)DataRecovery
  • @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    It is awesome for long-term retention. I already want it on my services.

    Thanked by (1)servarica_hani

    How are you... online?

  • Awesome idea, usually quiet about the deals I buy off LE* but this is superb!

    Thanked by (1)servarica_hani
  • edited June 25

    @SocksAreComfortable said: Sounds like it's time for a new set of deals!

    I believe that the currently available ones are quite great already. You just need to look a bit closer.

    Just in case, the storage offers start from $29 per year — less than $2.5/month (ref) — that's for 1 TB.

    Other plans are larger, click the list on the left for details.

    @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily

    Everything was great even before that :)
    I'm with you for more than 1.5 years and found out I don't even come close to 100 GB transfer monthly 乁(ツ)ㄏ

    Thanked by (1)servarica_hani
  • @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    The text on all product descriptions needs to be corrected, because I'm still parsing 1Gbps up to 4TB, then 100Mbps.

    1. Dik size grows by 1GB every day.
    2. Port speed grows by 1Mbps every day.
    3. RAM capacity grows by 1MB every day.
    4. CPU frequency grows by 1MHz every day.
    5. Monthly price grows by $0.01 every month.

    HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

  • @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    Didn't you do this before with Storage?

  • edited June 25

    @Neoon said:
    Didn't you do this before with Storage?

    Yes, that's Shrimp 1 / 2 and Lobster "expanding plans".

    Looks like from now on they will be expanding in both directions.

    Thanked by (1)servarica_hani
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

    @davide said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    The text on all product descriptions needs to be corrected, because I'm still parsing 1Gbps up to 4TB, then 100Mbps.

    yes correct will be done in those few days , told the team to not update it so users will see the change as most users dont remember how much their bw was when they purchased
    from today we have a task to go over them and update description

    @yoursunny said:
    1. Dik size grows by 1GB every day.
    2. Port speed grows by 1Mbps every day.
    3. RAM capacity grows by 1MB every day.
    4. CPU frequency grows by 1MHz every day.
    5. Monthly price grows by $0.01 every month.

    I like the ram idea specially for older servers that has too much ram :)

    @Neoon said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    Didn't you do this before with Storage?

    exact so now if you go with unlimited expanding sotrage plan you will get daily expanding storage and bw

    Thanked by (1)davide
  • Nice

    Bandwidth Limit 1gbps for first 18TB then 100mbps unlimited

  • Ok, so what's the best Sevarica deal under $10/month at this point. Somebody must have done the math!

  • edited June 25

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    Ok, so what's the best Sevarica deal under $10/month at this point. Somebody must have done the math!

    With the current parsers of the product descriptions (which I'm rewriting, and it's taking over a week dealing with caches, permutations, more caches, binning, and crap (lots of crap!!)) the offers are all properly spammed here in my super spammy affy page.

    Oh no, I spammed!


    @servarica_hani said:
    yes correct will be done in those few days , told the team to not update it so users will see the change as most users dont remember how much their bw was when they purchased
    from today we have a task to go over them and update description

    Thanks. Also, some "Epyc" services listed here don't explicitly state that the CPU cores are AMD Epyc, but only contain the single word "Epyc" amid the rest of the title string. That does leave a margin of ambiguity, because other offers on that page are also named after epical / extravagant creatures:

    • Wildbeest NVMe Storage
    • Flying Fish NVMe
    • Swordfish NVMe Storage
    • etc..

    I generally don't parse titles as they contain misleading data, like the offer from RackNerd titled "China new year special" that is hosted in the US, not China.

    I can work around this issue, but IMHO some better clarity is preferred.

    Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • edited June 25

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    what's the best Sevarica deal under $10/month at this point. Somebody must have done the math!

    That's Killer Whale — 3.5 TB storage (ref).

    Bandwidth allocation should become 18 TB per month from now on. Which is 600 GB daily or 25 GB per hour (mein gott!)

    And this is strictly less than $10/m, not "less or equal".

    Note that yearly payment makes the price even lower.

    Thanked by (1)SocksAreComfortable
  • @yoursunny said:
    1. Dik size grows by 1GB every day.

    With a dik growing this fast you won't be able to push-up very soon.

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • @davide said:
    With the current parsers of the product descriptions (which I'm rewriting, and it's taking over a week dealing with caches, permutations, more caches, binning (?) and crap (lots of crap!!)) the offers are all properly spammed here in my super spammy affy page.

    I absolutely love that there is a "reliable" checkbox, lol.

  • edited June 25

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    I absolutely love that there is a "reliable" checkbox, lol.

    The purpose of that is to exclude from the search results basically anything that @sh97 recommends =)

    (I have to index some crap providers solely to not give him an edge)

  • edited June 25

    @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    What about a bandwidth cap that increases monthly? E.g. you have 5TB upload but each month it increases by 100GB. So by 10 months it's now 6TB.
    You could do it daily but then how you enforce it becomes more confusing.

    This would work especially well on the expanding storage plans because your storage and upload capacity would both scale over time.

  • @davide said:

    @SocksAreComfortable said:
    I absolutely love that there is a "reliable" checkbox, lol.

    The purpose of that is to exclude from the search results basically anything that @sh97 recommends =)

    (I have to index some crap providers solely to not give him an edge)

    Grow up kid.

  • @sh97 told me to meet him behind the school after dark :bawling: :bawling:

    Thanked by (1)yoursunny
  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

    @Erisa said:

    @servarica_hani said:
    How do you like the idea of increasing the limit daily
    I felt it is new and unique idea :)

    What about a bandwidth cap that increases monthly? E.g. you have 5TB upload but each month it increases by 100GB. So by 10 months it's now 6TB.
    You could do it daily but then how you enforce it becomes more confusing.

    This would work especially well on the expanding storage plans because your storage and upload capacity would both scale over time.

    weirdly i didnt think about it
    Main issue i see is that we plan to give more than 1gbps speed per vps
    So if the user have too much bw allocation with lets say 20gbps or 40gbps we may feel the abuse if multiple users used the full 20gbps or 40gbps
    while with 1gbps it takes alot of people to use it fully to even notice the increase from the core network stand point

    But let me run it by our team and see what they think

    Thanked by (1)Erisa
  • @servarica_hani said: while with 1gbps it takes alot of people to use it fully to even notice the increase from the core network stand point

    can we have 20/40 gbps network between vms in the same DC?i am sure someone wants this for their private torrent tracker farming

  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

    @taizi said:

    @servarica_hani said: while with 1gbps it takes alot of people to use it fully to even notice the increase from the core network stand point

    can we have 20/40 gbps network between vms in the same DC?i am sure someone wants this for their private torrent tracker farming

    each server is connected with at least 20gbps to core network
    So if you ask for private network between your VMs you get to use that speed in theory
    I just need to make some tests to see how much a VPS can use of that as i dont think the vps can utilize more than 10gbps due to lack of processing power in the vps and maybe change the driver to make it more able to use the bw

  • @servarica_hani: Thanks for updating the product pages, I can properly parse the bandwidth now.

    There is still lack of clarity about what CPUs are used; take this service from https://clients.servarica.com/store/nvme-plans:

    • 2 Shared CPU cores
    • 4GB RAM
    • 40gb NVMe disk
    • Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    • or 4TB on 1gbps
    • 1 IPv4 Included
    • IPv6 available by request
    • Server Location Montreal, Canada

    if the CPU specifications is modified from 2 Shared CPU cores to 2 Shared Intel CPU cores or to 2 Shared Epyc CPU cores there wouldn't be ambiguity about what CPU brand is used.

  • servarica_haniservarica_hani Hosting ProviderOG

    @davide said:
    @servarica_hani: Thanks for updating the product pages, I can properly parse the bandwidth now.

    There is still lack of clarity about what CPUs are used; take this service from https://clients.servarica.com/store/nvme-plans:

    • 2 Shared CPU cores
    • 4GB RAM
    • 40gb NVMe disk
    • Unlimited 100mbps Bandwidth
    • or 4TB on 1gbps
    • 1 IPv4 Included
    • IPv6 available by request
    • Server Location Montreal, Canada

    if the CPU specifications is modified from 2 Shared CPU cores to 2 Shared Intel CPU cores or to 2 Shared Epyc CPU cores there wouldn't be ambiguity about what CPU brand is used.

    I see will update the plan descriptions with CPU general model at least
    but the general rule is all NVMe/SSD plans are running on AMD EPYC (different models )
    All storage offers are running on Intel GOLD with few cases like hybrid they are on E5v4

    but will update all the plans

    Thanked by (1)davide
  • @DataRecovery said:

    @yoursunny said:
    1. Dik size grows by 1GB every day.

    With a dik growing this fast you won't be able to push-up very soon.

    Nowadays the 3.5in girth variety is becoming rare.
    When the bay takes 3.5in, the dik is still 2.5in in a condom to fit 3.5in.

    HostBrr aff best VPS; VirmAche aff worst VPS.
    Unable to push-up due to shoulder injury 😣

  • rootroot OG
    edited June 26

    @yoursunny said:

    @DataRecovery said:

    @yoursunny said:
    1. Dik size grows by 1GB every day.

    With a dik growing this fast you won't be able to push-up very soon.

    Nowadays the 3.5in girth variety is becoming rare.
    When the bay takes 3.5in, the dik is still 2.5in in a condom to fit 3.5in.

    True. But the question one has to ask is not about the bay, because the bay can accommodate 2.5in drives easily. With a few adjustments, the bay might also accommodate 2 drives of 2.5in each. As such, the question is never about the bay itself, instead it is all about the actual drive, as in how efficient and how resistant it is with during operation and during stress benchmarks.

    I am sure @servarica_hani does everything possible to keep the drives working, especially since Canada is cold during many months of the year.

    How are you... online?

Sign In or Register to comment.