@tonyapac said:

@VirMach said:

@tonyapac said:
    @VirMach
    TPAZ003
    NYCB044
    SJCZ005B
    Are these nodes offline?

I don't know does the VNC IP ping? Let me know. Or any other on the same /24

@VirMach
    My VMs on both TPAZ003 and NYCB044 are not reachable, neither VNC nor SSH.

I assume in this case it's related to user actions, probably re-install. Scroll up a little bit, I answered you already but got busy.

No, it is ridiculous.

Well the nodes aren't down and the disks are healthy and have been since the maintenance so feel free to say whatever else you want, I just won't be able to look into it any further because I already we'd be fixing these tonight.

(But only the ones are due to user action, not ridiculous.)

SJCZ005B - The VM was powered off (not by me), I've powered it on, it has been online now.

TPAZ003
    Recommended Solutions:
    Your server appears to be online but not pinging. This may mean that the operating system is not yet fully set up and you should take a look on VNC. Please note, it is also possible that the web VNC viewer has some issues and you should instead use another VNC application.

If none of the suggested solutions work, or if nothing was suggested, create a technical support ticket describing your issue. Please also provide us with your server's login info by clicking the 'add sensitive data' button so that we may access your server and investigate.

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: false
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-7.0.0-x86-min-gen2-v1
    Service Status:Active

NYCB044
    Recommended Solutions:
    It looks like your server's networking is broken, but it should still be accessible via VNC. Try clicking the re-configure network button and wait 15 minutes. If you're still unable to connect, access your server via VNC and check the network config files for any errors. This error may also occur if you are not booted into a working operating system.

If none of the suggested solutions work, or if nothing was suggested, create a technical support ticket describing your issue. Please also provide us with your server's login info by clicking the 'add sensitive data' button so that we may access your server and investigate.

If you contact support, provide debug data:

Main IP pings: false
    Node Online: true
    Service online: online
    Operating System: linux-debian-9-x86_64-minimal-latest
    Service Status:Active

==================
    update:
    My VMs on node TPAZ003 and NYCB044 are now online.
    Magic, I did nothing, no reinstall.

• Wait, so you came here asking why it's not working when it was just powered off?

By that I can guess you did nothing to even try to make them work? Did you read all the tickets about IP migration? Have you done the things in Recommended Solutions?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited October 2022

@VirMach

I want to know about Buffalo and Chicago
    Is there any hope of moving to Tokyo in the future?

I want to have Buffalo in my left hand and Chicago in my right.

Ride a canoe and paddle to Tokyo.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@youshiki said: I want to know about Buffalo and Chicago

I am only now beginning to understand the kind of tickets work orders VirMach receives by the thousands.
    I fail to see how he keeps his sanity.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

Funny to think he's still sane.

• @fluttershy said:

@FrankZ said:

hes not ... he is something else..... half man half beast.
    or a woman off course... what else.

• edited October 2022

Virmach's personal VM: InvertedPossum

Where's the IP button for NYC? (Feeling totally senile!) As if by magic, it appeared! :D
    @Virmach Ticket #586435 - Arrgh, for some reason it entered Discount, not Migrate (which I chose).
    Hopefully, it'll not come to that.
    ((Go back to bed and get out the other side.))

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @FrankZ said:

I am only now beginning to understand the kind of tickets work orders VirMach receives by the thousands.

Chicago:The node is currently locked
    Buffalo:Online
    My account still has no tickets posted
    I just arrived at lowendspirit.com,i just want to know

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited October 2022

@youshiki said:

Wait what?

Oh, probably your old location from your registration, I really need to hide those again.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    Wait what?

Oh, probably your old location from your registration, I really need to hide those again.

Buffalo:

• @fluttershy said:

@FrankZ said:

Are you sure about that?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited October 2022

@youshiki said:

@FrankZ said:

Serious answer...
    There are no Buffalo VMs anymore, maybe that VM of yours is in Secaucus, NJ.
    "The node is currently locked" normally means that the VM is under migration to a different node and/or location.
    You can normally find more information at https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

The last I heard, and to the best of my knowledge, VMs from other locations can not migrate to Tokyo at this time.
    Migrations to Tokyo may or may not be available, with an extra fee at a far away future date.
    Personally I would not expect transfers to Tokyo to happen anytime soon ™ and you would be better off buying a new VM at the Tokyo location when they become available again. They are currently sold out.

Thanked by (2)skorous Mason

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@youshiki said:

@FrankZ said:

Serious answer...
    There are no Buffalo VMs anymore, maybe that VM of yours is in Secaucus, NJ.
    "The node is currently locked" normally means that the VM is under migration to a different node and/or location.
    You can normally find more information at https://billing.virmach.com/serverstatus.php

The last I heard, and to the best of my knowledge, VMs from other locations can not migrate to Tokyo at this time.
    Migrations to Tokyo may or may not be available, with an extra fee at a far away future date.
    Personally I would not expect transfers to Tokyo to happen anytime soon ™ and you would be better off buying a new VM at the Tokyo location when they become available again. They are currently sold out.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer

• @VirMach said:
    Everyone who made a guess will an SSD2G for life if I don't either (1) answer 1,000 tickets today or (2) clear out the ticket queue via non-automated means, as in I won't just close all of them.

@VirMach said:
    If I win I should still spin up 30x lifetime SSD2Gs on everyone's account and just break the controls access to where all you can do is stare at it, yearning to be the one idling it.

So are we getting 1x or 30x SSD2G?

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• Time must be running out, when guess perhaps 601 Tickets have been "processed". :p

@AlwaysSkint said:
    Time must be running out, when guess perhaps 601 Tickets have been "processed". :p

Oh I already gave up pretty much on the spot and just said to private message me, then I ended up doing something else. Then I wanted to also do spins on top of it but I just lost all my energy. Oh hey the coffee shop opens in 20 minutes

Alright I don't do 2000 tickets in 2 hours then ... nope, not making that mistake again.

• @VirMach said:
    Alright I don't do 2000 tickets in 2 hours then ... nope, not making that mistake again.

At least you failed the hard thing, I didn't guess so didn't get the easy VPS lol

See what lengths I'll go to make your life easier Virmach? :grin:

• ```
    systemd[1]: Failed to start Journal Service.
    systemd[1]: Failed to start journal Service.

Someone nuked the free AMS server well

• JabJab
    edited October 2022

Who do we blame this time?!

First one was @AlwaysSkint second one was @VirMach.

// Oh VirMach if you ever find time to proceed with those guess tickets things I've PM'd you list of all people (and theirs guesses) so you can CTRL +F to validate :P

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• edited October 2022

@Jab said: First one was AlwaysSkint

I wisnae me, honest! :|

In other news; I'm most pleased (for a change!), as I've managed to migrate a NYC to AMS. Have been looking to do that for a few weeks now. I manually closed the auto-generated Ticket due to the success, so that doesn't count for your total @Virmach! :p

• I finally had a chance to go check up on all of my services after all of the IP changes and recent migrations, and it looks like 4 out of 17 of my VPSs ended up with some kind of disk problem, pull up VNC and they're just failing to boot with no bootable disk. I've made sure there's no iso mounted in solus, I don't see any other suggestions offhand, am I missing anything else to check before I just reinstall these 4?

• edited October 2022

@VirMach I did try the IP form. I see two issues :
    1) Discount vs be moved selection is not keep. For my request I selected to be moved in case or shortage but in ticket it's Discount.
    2) If you select only one missing ip, you can't select how much you want.

Now, I don't see the button any more. I wonder if I was too quick to proceed.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

where's our free ssd2g?

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @cybertech said:
    where's our free ssd2g?

Where's our XPG drives?

Thanked by (1)lemoncube

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @erk said:
    systemd[1]: Failed to start Journal Service.
    Someone nuked the free AMS server well

I saw the same thing. Some minimal network stack was running, so they were responding to ICMP echo requests, but they were effectively dead, like the disk was gone perhaps? Now getting the infamous: Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

• @VirNach, You probably cleared close to 1,000 tickets, waiting for SSD2G for life.

• FFME006 having issue again. Probably the same issue as before.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

ffme003 unstable IOPS

fio Disk Speed Tests (Mixed R/W 50/50):
    ---------------------------------
    Block Size | 4k            (IOPS) | 64k           (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 197.24 MB/s  (49.3k) | 871.88 MB/s  (13.6k)
    Write      | 197.76 MB/s  (49.4k) | 876.47 MB/s  (13.6k)
    Total      | 395.01 MB/s  (98.7k) | 1.74 GB/s    (27.3k)
               |                      |
    Block Size | 512k          (IOPS) | 1m            (IOPS)
      ------   | ---            ----  | ----           ----
    Read       | 381.49 MB/s    (745) | 217.04 MB/s    (211)
    Write      | 401.75 MB/s    (784) | 231.49 MB/s    (226)
    Total      | 783.24 MB/s   (1.5k) | 448.53 MB/s    (437)

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach

There is any update, ETA about node SEAZ010? (When will be available again?). Sadly my VM from this node offline, unreachable since 09/25/2022.

Looks like most of my newly assigned IP addresses listed on Spamhaus blacklists (zen.spamhaus.org and pbl.spamhaus.org). They were on blaclklists, before I got them. Can I worry about "penalty"?

Thx for the help & answer!

This discussion has been closed.