Warning: NexusBytes Deadpool Imminent, MOVE YOUR DATA

Comments

• @root said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Will some one please link me to the thread where hostsolutions imploded? I was not around then and need to see the shit show for myself.

Enjoy. Make sure you have lots of popcorn, you're going to need it.

Been saving up since my departure. Have a semi load by now.

• edited January 2023

@shallow said:

Saved by the Sisters of Mercy.

Cue: Leonard Cohen :)
    Music to slash your wrists to. (Not my epitaph).

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:
    Will some one please link me to the thread where hostsolutions imploded? I was not around then and need to see the shit show for myself.

It is a shitshow of epic proportions, I'm not sure a semi is enough.

• @rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

You were right about a shit show. Jeebus that was a fricken dumpster fire if epic proportions. Funny thing is the guy had a shitload of Bitcoin. He kept buying all the damned time. I can see how it went down, I just have no clue why someone would do it.

Man that was rougher the a corncob soaked in gasoline to the rear end. I knew his business had to a literal shit show behind the scenes but wth man.

Thanked by (1)tarasis
  • Must be many displaced sisters still roaming the streets of Bucharest. They forgot they have families.

• ialexpwialexpw OGServices Provider

@AuroraZero said:

@rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

You were right about a shit show. Jeebus that was a fricken dumpster fire if epic proportions. Funny thing is the guy had a shitload of Bitcoin. He kept buying all the damned time. I can see how it went down, I just have no clue why someone would do it.

Man that was rougher the a corncob soaked in gasoline to the rear end. I knew his business had to a literal shit show behind the scenes but wth man.

Reading through that is pretty awkward too relating to this thread..

ooft

Syuh - sftp, rsync & rclone accessible storage from 50GB to TBs.

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@AuroraZero said:

@rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

It was a shit show, but it was also a chain of misfortunes: the court against an internet service provider which had a tight contract + fall of multiple HDDs which could not be replaced due to Chia madness affecting prices of HDDs worldwide + a lot of customers unsatisfied but with a lot of credit in their accounts from previous offers. To all this add the bad publicity, including a video on Youtube from LET mods at the time, and you got a recipe for disaster.

It is a drama of epic proportions, precisely due to how many customers were affected. Over time, and with so many customers and active services, HostSolutions created quite a brand, but maybe he did not know how to expand properly.

Now the domain is owned by someone else, yet the history remains in our memories.

How are you... online?

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@ialexpw said:

@AuroraZero said:

@rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

ooft

Yes. Karma is a bitch sometimes.

How are you... online?

• @root said:

@AuroraZero said:

@rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

It was a shit show, but it was also a chain of misfortunes: the court against an internet service provider which had a tight contract + fall of multiple HDDs which could not be replaced due to Chia madness affecting prices of HDDs worldwide + a lot of customers unsatisfied but with a lot of credit in their accounts from previous offers. To all this add the bad publicity, including a video on Youtube from LET mods at the time, and you can notice a recipe for disaster.

It is a drama of epic proportions, precisely due to how many customers were affected. Over time, and with so many customers and active services, HostSolutions created quite a brand, but maybe he did not know how to expand properly.

Now the domain is owned by someone else, but the history remains in our memories.

Just wow man I have seen buildings implode and that is worse. Just freaking crazy shit man.

• @ialexpw said:

ooft

Thanked by (2)tarasis ialexpw
  • @AuroraZero said:

Fix your signature.

• @ialexpw said:

@AuroraZero said:

@rcy026 said:

@AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@AuroraZero said:

ooft

Jay being awol is especially sad. He has the drive, the money, and the determination. He did it before as well and was successful which kind of, at least in my mind, makes his falling worse.

• @shallow said:

@AuroraZero said:

Fix your signature.

Eh? What's wrong wiff it? I have em turned off cause people can't behave.

• @AuroraZero said: What's wrong wiff it

You didn't capitalize Anime but capitalized Pork Rinds. What's wrong with you? Everything ok at the cave?

Thanked by (1)Erisa
  • @shallow said:

@AuroraZero said: What's wrong wiff it

You didn't capitalize Anime but capitalized Pork Rinds. What's wrong with you? Everything ok at the cave?

Yeah it'll be fine just stupid fingers probably. I am still watching Anime and eat the Pork Rinds. Life can't get much better.

• Hey all, seems I am also affected with the situation...
    Seems folks in London were lucky to see @zare helped keep the servers up again till Friday.

But does anyone have heard about NY? Mainly shared hosting. I had a reseller pack at PNY1 server and it seems to be non responsive

Any sliver of hope for me?

I reached out to NB support over 50 hiurs ago and all I have heard back is their strong commitment to fix this situation.

No mention of backups available or anything.

Anyone in same boat in NY?

Thanks

Ps. Yes yes I know I didn't take care of my backups. It's a hard lesson learned, but mine was emails and thats what is going to Bute Mr if I do not get access to any offsite backups.

• @localhost said:
    Hey all, seems I am also affected with the situation...
    Seems folks in London were lucky to see Zare helped keep the servers up again till Friday.

@Jord didn't post any announcements regarding the final date in WHMCS.
    New round of drama is coming on Saturday.

Thanked by (1)localhost

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• MichaelCeeMichaelCee OGServices Provider

I saw a comment about the announcement on their website from Dec 2022. It’s actually a 2021 announcement for anybody wondering, it’s been set to 2022 ever since posted.

• edited January 2023

@fluttershy said:

@Mulder said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    Went ahead and pulled the trigger on MyW's 25GB Reseller plan deal. Got the backup uploaded to there just now and updated my nameservers... so we're good, hopefully.

This is rather a step back, he is the next candidate for a deadpool, his Ponzi scheme with Lifetime will fall sideways sooner or later

I like Mike but agreed, all that lifetime stuff just screams ponzi to me. I'd be a lot more comfy on a monthly/yearly plan, but I guess worst case it's pretty easy to move shared hosting stuff around. It's not like a full server, just site files.

Given that Mike has diversified business ventures like ExtraVM and MyW, I feel a little more comfortable in that regard. He also has JetBackup which I've set up to send backups to my storage server once a day, too, which SmallWeb didn't have.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• MasonMason AdministratorOG

@CamoYoshi said: ExtraVM

Different Mike ;)

Head Janitor @ LES • AboutRulesSupport

• @CamoYoshi said:
    @fluttershy said:

@Mulder said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    Went ahead and pulled the trigger on MyW's 25GB Reseller plan deal. Got the backup uploaded to there just now and updated my nameservers... so we're good, hopefully.

This is rather a step back, he is the next candidate for a deadpool, his Ponzi scheme with Lifetime will fall sideways sooner or later

I like Mike but agreed, all that lifetime stuff just screams ponzi to me. I'd be a lot more comfy on a monthly/yearly plan, but I guess worst case it's pretty easy to move shared hosting stuff around. It's not like a full server, just site files.

Given that Mike has diversified business ventures like ExtraVM and MyW, I feel a little more comfortable in that regard. He also has JetBackup which I've set up to send backups to my storage server once a day, too, which SmallWeb didn't have.

Different Mike, the ExtraVM one seems to be running a solid business from what I've seen.

• @chimichurri said:
    https://lowendtalk.com/discussion/172513/cociu-hostsolutions-unbanned

” In response to several community requests to unban @cociu, the moderators had a discussion and agreed to unban him. Although his acts to date have been disappointingly unprofessional, it doesn't rise to the level of a ban.”

The post that made me lose respect for the (then) Mods at OGF.
    No remorse, or update to this post either when all speculation turned out true.

Thanked by (1)corbpie
  • @AuroraZero said: Been saving up since my departure. Have a semi load by now.

@Nekki can you please take care of that? guess a semi load isn't gonna cut it, right? ;-)

• @fluttershy said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    @fluttershy said:

@Mulder said:

@CamoYoshi said:

Different Mike, the ExtraVM one seems to be running a solid business from what I've seen.

Dammit... now I just look like a dumbass.

Cheap dedis are my drug, and I'm too far gone to turn back.

• @CamoYoshi said:

@fluttershy said:

@CamoYoshi said:
    @fluttershy said:

@Mulder said:

@CamoYoshi said:

Dammit... now I just look like a dumbass.

Don't worry we all look like dumbasses at some point. We won't hold it against you.

• bdlbdl OG
    edited January 2023

@Mason said:

@CamoYoshi said: ExtraVM

Different Mike ;)

• @localhost said:
    Hey all, seems I am also affected with the situation...
    Seems folks in London were lucky to see @zare helped keep the servers up again till Friday.

But does anyone have heard about NY? Mainly shared hosting. I had a reseller pack at PNY1 server and it seems to be non responsive

Any sliver of hope for me?

I reached out to NB support over 50 hiurs ago and all I have heard back is their strong commitment to fix this situation.

No mention of backups available or anything.

Anyone in same boat in NY?

Thanks

Ps. Yes yes I know I didn't take care of my backups. It's a hard lesson learned, but mine was emails and thats what is going to Bute Mr if I do not get access to any offsite backups.

we should in the same boat, I have VPS in NY, already offline several days ago. :'(

• Smallweb might also be affected. I am down in the new york location.

Vladimir S. - IT Consultant, Entrepreneur, Web Developer, and Disability Advocate.

[email protected] | www.ivlad.net