VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

Speaking of Trust Pilot. I did a review seven months ago of a different provider that I use to which I gave a positive review. Trust Pilot contacted me two weeks ago saying that my review had been removed as being fraudulent and wanted me to provide an invoice from the provider in my name and a copy of my ID before they would reinstate the review. So I wonder if Trust Pilot also asks for Invoices and ID for negative reviews ? Has anyone else ever been asked to provide a invoice and ID to Trust Pilot ?

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    Speaking of Trust Pilot. I did a review seven months ago of a different provider that I use to which I gave a positive review. Trust Pilot contacted me two weeks ago saying that my review had been removed as being fraudulent and wanted me to provide an invoice from the provider in my name and a copy of my ID before they would reinstate the review. So I wonder if Trust Pilot also asks for Invoices and ID for negative reviews ? Has anyone else ever been asked to provide a invoice and ID to Trust Pilot ?

If the bad reviews are all from MJJs, then these reviews should be from China.
    But in fact, they are from all over the world, which is what I find weird.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ruikno said:

@FrankZ said:

If the bad reviews are all from MJJs, then these reviews should be from China.
    But in fact, they are from all over the world, which is what I find weird.

I didn't say anything about VirMach reviews, or reference mjj or China in the statement you quoted. I simply asked if anyone else had been asked to provide Trust Pilot an invoice and ID.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    He's clearly not interested in me being able to provide a response.

He says he "decided" to leave. Doesn't sound like a decision if he's claiming his account was banned (which makes no sense depending on what he means by that, but whatever.) His flash sale has been pending for 20 days and still not delivered, with the review written 2 days ago. Highly unlikely, unless there's again some missing information (did he perhaps open a payment dispute? Did he omit that it was canceled AND refunded?)

He said he opened a ticket, then you cancelled his order and banned his account.
    And he also said that he used to refute the people who scolded you for you.
    It seems that you mistakenly hurt your fans.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

Deleted

• @FrankZ you need a new avatar correct?

Thanked by (1)dgc1980
  • OK, VirMach stopped replying to me and seems to have rejected my question.

• @ruikno said:

@VirMach said:
    New user, as in you have no services with us?

Actually I'm a beginner, when I just started learning VPS, I witnessed the legend of you and MJJs.
    I would like to experience the VPS with Ryzen in Tokyo, if you don't welcome customers from China, then I can only buy V.PS.

Technically, I don't think VirMach is rejecting customers from China. If they thought that way they would remove Alipay from their payment options.
    After all, VirMach judges customers based on their behavior, not on their country of origin. If I am a courteous customer, they will welcome me even if I am a Martian 🐙

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

Deleted (repeated post)

@tototo said:
    Technically, I don't think VirMach is rejecting customers from China. If they thought that way they would remove Alipay from their payment options.
    After all, VirMach judges customers based on their behavior, not on their country of origin. If I am a courteous customer, they will welcome me even if I am a Martian 🐙

After talking with Virmach, I also found that he is not an unreasonable person.

In order to eliminate the concerns of potential customers, I think he should solve this case perfectly.
    I am worried that I will also be banned inexplicably, even if I ignore it, other new customers will leave silently after seeing this case.
    https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126583#Comment_126583

Deleted comment reposted by mod

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@shallow said:
    @FrankZ you need a new avatar correct?

You want me to change your profile avatar to this pic ?
    I can, but why don't you do it yourself ?

• @VirMach said:

@ruikno said:
    As an onlooker, I discovered an interesting thing.
    VirMach has softened his stance recently.

Look at our recent reviews: https://www.trustpilot.com/review/virmach.com

We definitely haven't softened our stance, whether anyone thinks that's good or bad. A bunch of people upset we dealt with their chargebacks, most of them were multi-account/MJJ. Others upset orders cancelled.

Is he suffering from no sales?

Sales are definitely lower but that's normal. We did black friday sale late so a lot of people already went with other providers/spent their budget there for the year. Then we did a flash sale and people already made purchases there. So naturally another sale close to the last will be slower.

If you compare with how we used to do sales there were larger gaps between them in the past.

Oh and we did basically prevent a lot of the previously flagged accounts from being able to make purchases so it seems like they finally stopped trying as much. For the flash sale there was a bypass, not anymore.

I don't agree totally.
    I think you aren't define clearly what type client you want.

I never check the flash sale and plan recently after label as multi account and can't resolve this issue.
    You can create a button for merge account instead of limit account.
    I have had some instances for many years with spend up to 1k $ and haven't abuse record.

I think there are many clients same as me. so ,let it go.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@ruikno said: He said he opened a ticket, then you cancelled his order and banned his account.
    And he also said that he used to refute the people who scolded you for you.
    It seems that you mistakenly hurt your fans.

No one would just get "banned" for something like that. He's obviously leaving out some important details. Since it happened recently the most likely scenario is that he opened payment disputes and had multiple accounts. If he's not going to share his email then there's no way to verify who wrote that review but no one would have just made a ticket and get cancelled AND banned.

Unless by "banned" he means something else than closing his account or suspending services.

@FrankZ said:

Not sure if I followed you, so you left a positive review and that happened? My guess would be is that they may have purchased positive reviews and flagged yours down as potentially fraudulent if it set off their alarms.

As for negative reviews, they only will do that if on our end for example we ask for customer's information, customer doesn't provide it, and we flag it as "possibly not a real customer" or something, then they'd probably send a similar email to what you received, albeit I assume it will be worded differently, maybe something like "they're trying to take your review down! reply!" because every time I go through them once in a while someone claims that we were trying to dispute something even though we were just trying to figure out what happened and if it's real, since there's no other way to identify if it's a customer that actually made a purchase or not or if they signed up and left several reviews when they're just one customer and so on.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    No one would just get "banned" for something like that. He's obviously leaving out some important details. Since it happened recently the most likely scenario is that he opened payment disputes and had multiple accounts. If he's not going to share his email then there's no way to verify who wrote that review but no one would have just made a ticket and get cancelled AND banned.

Unless by "banned" he means something else than closing his account or suspending services.

Oops, you got a new bad review now.

• edited January 2023

@ruikno said:

@VirMach said:

Oops, you got a new bad review now.

For someone who claims to be a potential first time virmach customer, you sure sound like you have beef with him. Are you sure you dont have a banned account or two?

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

@ruikno said: Oops, you got a new bad review now.

Got charged for service twice
    Got charged for service twice, despite only paying for 1 product, and I made a ticket, they responded once asking for my PayPal transaction ID's which I then didn't have so I send my bank statements. When I then got access to my paypal account a couple days after, they still hadn't responded, I didn't think much of it and send them my PayPal Transaction ID's for both charged transactions, now I haven't heard anything from them at ALL for over a week. It annoys me cause they used to be so good a year or 2 ago, but they have just completely degraded since then.

He made the payment on the 20th, contacted us on the 20th, didn't provide any invoice ID or transaction ID, replied back to him on the 20th. He provided the information on the 23rd.

It's correct that he hasn't received a resolution for four days now which makes it a total of a week since the initial reply.

Looks like today he disputed the payment, and then wrote the review.

So to recap, he's used and enjoyed our service for 1-2+ years, we used to be good but we're no longer goo and completely degraded, that's why he made a new order. There was an issue with payment where there was a double click or whatever, we never said we wouldn't refund him, we just asked for transaction ID to locate the payment but after he took 3 days to provide that, it was too much for him to have to wait 4 days, and he absolutely had to dispute the payment and write that review I suppose.

@soulchief said: For someone who claims to be a potential first time virmach customer, you sure sound like you have beef with him. Are you sure you dont have a banned account or two?

I've just been assuming there's a potential for him being the guy that wrote the review he keeps bringing up as if it's highly important/concerning and should be resolved.

• @VirMach said:

@ruikno said: Oops, you got a new bad review now.

Got charged for service twice
    Got charged for service twice, despite only paying for 1 product, and I made a ticket, they responded once asking for my PayPal transaction ID's which I then didn't have so I send my bank statements. When I then got access to my paypal account a couple days after, they still hadn't responded, I didn't think much of it and send them my PayPal Transaction ID's for both charged transactions, now I haven't heard anything from them at ALL for over a week. It annoys me cause they used to be so good a year or 2 ago, but they have just completely degraded since then.

He made the payment on the 20th, contacted us on the 20th, didn't provide any invoice ID or transaction ID, replied back to him on the 20th. He provided the information on the 23rd.

It's correct that he hasn't received a resolution for four days now which makes it a total of a week since the initial reply.

Looks like today he disputed the payment, and then wrote the review.

So to recap, he's used and enjoyed our service for 1-2+ years, we used to be good but we're no longer goo and completely degraded, that's why he made a new order. There was an issue with payment where there was a double click or whatever, we never said we wouldn't refund him, we just asked for transaction ID to locate the payment but after he took 3 days to provide that, it was too much for him to have to wait 4 days, and he absolutely had to dispute the payment and write that review I suppose.

Sir, this guy updates his reviews 10 minutes ago, he is watching LES.
    https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/63d1bcd19b64b1bdaf432e7d

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@soulchief said:
    For someone who claims to be a potential first time virmach customer, you sure sound like you have beef with him. Are you sure you dont have a banned account or two?

You may see this https://lowendspirit.com/discussion/comment/126596#Comment_126596

Let me explain my motivation, as I said before I want to buy a VPS in Tokyo, but I am worried about the uncertainty of the account, I see too many posts about deleted services/banned accounts on hostloc. If you can explicitly reject me, I will shut up immediately. That's it.

edited January 2023

@ruikno said:
    Sir, this guy updates his reviews 10 minutes ago, he is watching LES.
    https://www.trustpilot.com/reviews/63d1bcd19b64b1bdaf432e7d

Okay, let's have a look based on this information:

Update:
    It seems that VirMach is talking big words in LES.

231831 #667218 #198859 #217532

Come on, I'm waiting for the story you made up.

Short version: he isn't banned. He made two orders, they were rejected and refunded. His existing service is active, not suspended. That's all.

Okay, those are his ticket IDs. He has multiple accounts. He has an active service. His account isn't banned.

It looks like he placed an order for a $2.22 flash special and he's just upset it got cancelled and refunded. It got cancelled and refunded because he has multiple accounts. He also placed a $0.25 order in Tokyo which was refunded because the location was sold out.

He replied to the ticket that said "Once again, please do not reply to this ticket if you have already made a payment as it will not be processed. We only provide a response if the order failed without payment" and then closed it himself. Then he made another ticket asking to upgrade his old package to Ryzen, I think he's confused and thinks it wasn't upgraded to Ryzen already? Or maybe he specifically wanted to order the new promo instead or something or have it switched to that, which we don't do. He closed that ticket as well.

Then he made a final ticket basically getting mad at us for cancelling his order. He asked for his active service to be cancelled and refunded and tried egging me on to do it in a weird way, then he also closed this ticket. In this he also mentions how we didn't reply to his other tickets.

That's all. He's clearly just upset.

Tell him he can keep his 1 star review but I recommend he changes it to "I made an order, had multiple accounts so the order was rejected and fully refunded. I made tickets about the order and nothing happened as a result, my account is still active and has an active service on it that wasn't suspended."

• your excellent anti-abuse system can detect abuse on a server that lost connection about over a day

• @taizi said:

your excellent anti-abuse system can detect abuse on a server that lost connection about over a day

How do you mean "lost connection"?

@taizi said: your excellent anti-abuse system can detect abuse on a server that lost connection about over a day

Perhaps it was going into kernel panic/froze so it lost connection about over a day ago and then maxed out CPU for a day and the excellent anti-abuse system powered it off.

• @skorous said:

@taizi said:

your excellent anti-abuse system can detect abuse on a server that lost connection about over a day

just downed

edited January 2023

@taizi said:

@skorous said:

@taizi said:

just downed

High I/O activity, then your monitoring broke, then about a day later shut down for 189.34% CPU (two cores so out of 200%) for at least several hours. High I/O activity as a sudden spike and then flatline, matches time with when your monitoring reported it as down.

High I/O activity most likely indicates something malfunctioning inside your VPS. But it didn't go offline, the process stuck around.

You should probably check your logs.

Thanked by (1)taizi
  • ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    Short version: he isn't banned. He made two orders, they were rejected and refunded. His existing service is active, not suspended. That's all.

Okay, those are his ticket IDs. He has multiple accounts. He has an active service. His account isn't banned.

It looks like he placed an order for a $2.22 flash special and he's just upset it got cancelled and refunded. It got cancelled and refunded because he has multiple accounts. He also placed a $0.25 order in Tokyo which was refunded because the location was sold out.

He replied to the ticket that said "Once again, please do not reply to this ticket if you have already made a payment as it will not be processed. We only provide a response if the order failed without payment" and then closed it himself. Then he made another ticket asking to upgrade his old package to Ryzen, I think he's confused and thinks it wasn't upgraded to Ryzen already? Or maybe he specifically wanted to order the new promo instead or something or have it switched to that, which we don't do. He closed that ticket as well.

Then he made a final ticket basically getting mad at us for cancelling his order. He asked for his active service to be cancelled and refunded and tried egging me on to do it in a weird way, then he also closed this ticket. In this he also mentions how we didn't reply to his other tickets.

That's all. He's clearly just upset.

Tell him he can keep his 1 star review but I recommend he changes it to "I made an order, had multiple accounts so the order was rejected and fully refunded. I made tickets about the order and nothing happened as a result, my account is still active and has an active service on it that wasn't suspended."

It is very clear that he violated the TOS and should be punished.
    Also make it clear that you really won't reply to the ticket and fix issues.
    I also saw a post in hostloc yesterday that a Japanese node (something like 0063?) was offline for more than 1 month with no reply.

Thank you for answering so many of my questions today.

edited January 2023

@ruikno said: I also saw a post in hostloc yesterday that a Japanese node (something like 0063?) was offline for more than 1 month with no reply.

There's no nodes down for that long in Tokyo, it's possible someone's speaking about their individual service being offline for that long if they re-installed OS using the control panel while it was experiencing a disk issue. These get fixed in batches, since a lot of people re-install in Tokyo a lot there ends up being more of them than usual and longer to fix individually.

I assume they're talking about TYOC036. That's the only one still pending a fix for those, per network issue. I was actually working on that this morning but it got delayed, I'll finish that up now.

• @VirMach said:

High I/O activity most likely indicates something malfunctioning inside your VPS. But it didn't go offline, the process stuck around.

You should probably check your logs.

And do a better job investigating these things.

• ruiknoruikno Retired
    edited January 2023

@VirMach said:
    There's no nodes down for that long in Tokyo, it's possible someone's speaking about their individual service being offline for that long if they re-installed OS using the control panel while it was experiencing a disk issue. These get fixed in batches, since a lot of people re-install in Tokyo a lot there ends up being more of them than usual and longer to fix individually.

I assume they're talking about TYOC036. That's the only one still pending a fix for those, per network issue. I was actually working on that this morning but it got delayed, I'll finish that up now.

I can't understand what you're saying, but the people in the hostloc will come here and see it..

• @ruikno said: I am worried about the uncertainty of the account, I see too many posts about deleted services/banned accounts on hostloc.

I think most of them are due to PayPal disputes, checkout with VPN, multiple accounts, fake personal information, and buying accounts. And they hide such negligence and say "banned for no reason". Of course there will be some wrong flags (a very low percentage), but I think eventually they will solve them.
    However, you may have to wait a week, a month, or longer. Needless to say, if there are no problems, it should be delivered within a few hours.
    Um, I can recommend VirMach to half of my friends, but not to the other half lol