VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Anyone else with a CHIZ001? Mine's been flapping for most of today (6 times so far). :'(

FWIW, my CHIZ001 shows my last outage almost a week ago ( when I patched it ). At least as far as Hetrix is concerned.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • edited March 2023

I have another VPS on that same node :-( so I'll put a Hetrix on that one and see how stable it looks.

Thanked by (1)skorous

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• edited March 2023

:( one of the IP addresses of a flash sale service was removed, the other 2 services with 2 IP's are alright :(

only noticed because it was the main IP I was using on the service

• Transferred a service to someone but the invoice for the transferred service still remains in my account, is there an automated way to cancel the invoice?

• @fan said: is there an automated way to cancel the invoice?

If you paid for the invoice, it is legally your invoice and cannot be removed from your account due to accounting issues.

• edited March 2023

@dgc1980 said: one of the IP addresses of a flash sale service was removed

That's not cool but somewhat funny (as long as it does not happen to me of course) =)

Thanked by (1)dgc1980
  • @dgc1980 said: If you paid for the invoice, it is legally your invoice and cannot be removed from your account due to accounting issues.

It's not paid and the related service is now transferred, that's why I'm asking.

• @fan said:
    Transferred a service to someone but the invoice for the transferred service still remains in my account, is there an automated way to cancel the invoice?

I don't think so. I would open billing support ticket. It may be closed & unresolved of course, but that's more or less all you can do.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    Anyone else with a CHIZ001? Mine's been flapping for most of today (6 times so far). :'(

I'm on CHIZ003, and I've been seeing a few network flaps too.

• @Mumbly said:

@fan said:
    Transferred a service to someone but the invoice for the transferred service still remains in my account, is there an automated way to cancel the invoice?

I don't think so. I would open billing support ticket. It may be closed & unresolved of course, but that's more or less all you can do.

...or merged into a pile of unrelated tickets.

dnscry.pt - Public DNSCrypt resolvers hosted by LowEnd providers • Need a free NAT LXC? -> https://microlxc.net/

• @fan said:

@fan said:

@dgc1980 said: If you paid for the invoice, it is legally your invoice and cannot be removed from your account due to accounting issues.

It's not paid and the related service is now transferred, that's why I'm asking.

Sorry - but you are really insulting @VirMach
    You said the service was transferred so a charge is raised for this (the invoice). Now you want to cancel the invoice so you don't have to pay for the transfer - Disgusting

• @msatt said: You said the service was transferred so a charge is raised for this (the invoice). Now you want to cancel the invoice so you don't have to pay for the transfer - Disgusting

He never said that. He said clearly "invoice for the transferred service" and not "invoice for service transfer".

• @fan said: Transferred a service to someone but the invoice for the transferred service still remains in my account

@Mumbly said:

@msatt said: You said the service was transferred so a charge is raised for this (the invoice). Now you want to cancel the invoice so you don't have to pay for the transfer - Disgusting

He never said that. He said clearly "invoice for the transferred service" and not "invoice for service transfer".

He said Transferred a service - so they initiated it - either I do not understand English or someone else does not.

• He said "invoice for transferred service" (invoice for transferred VPS) and not invoice for service transfer! That's not the same.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited March 2023

@FrankZ said:
    I'm getting the dreaded "No bootable device" error on my $2.22/yr special on TYOC007.
    Good thing I was just idling it. :sunglasses:

Anybody else on TYOC007 having issues ?

VM is back to idling as of 3 hours ago. That was the fastest the "No bootable device" error has ever been resolved for me.
    All my VMs are working well now. :+1: +

@fan - Curious if the invoice for renewal was created before or after the transfer went through ?
    If it was there before then I expect you own it.
    If it was created after then I expect VirMach's developer has some more work to do.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    If it was there before then I expect you own it.

I am not so sure about that.
    TOS says: Customer is responsible for cancelling Service(s) seven (7) days before the end of the billing term, otherwise an invoice for the next billing term will be generated and due.

But if my memory serve me well, my invoices are generated way upfront.
    In any case it would be reasonable for new VPS owner to extend service.

• edited March 2023

@Virmach both of my VPSes on CHIZ001 are flapping on Hetrix, something rotten. Got 30 notification emails overnight - time to suspend my monitoring rather than getting blasted.
    :(

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• fanfan
    edited March 2023

@msatt said: He said Transferred a service - so they initiated it - either I do not understand English or someone else does not.

To be clear, the invoice I mentioned was for the renewal of the service, which was generated about a month before the renewal date. As for the invoice for the transfer, it's paid for and the transfer is completed, so it wasn't the problem.

@msatt said: He said Transferred a service - so they initiated it - either I do not understand English or someone else does not.

To add more context, the transfer process automatically generates an invoice of $3, once it's paid Virmach staff will handle the process.

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@fan said:

We fixed this by pushing back the required buffer. It just means you requested transfer at last possible moment so by the time we processed it maybe a few days later (unless we dropped the ball and it took way longer) it had already generated invoice on your account.

In this case it should auto generate invoice on next cron for the receiver, and yours should go away after maybe a week. If it doesn't then contact us to cancel it.

Thanked by (1)fan

@AlwaysSkint said:
    @Virmach both of my VPSes on CHIZ001 are flapping on Hetrix, something rotten. Got 30 notification emails overnight - time to suspend my monitoring rather than getting blasted.
    :(

Denial of service attack on someone, been dealing with it.

@FrankZ said: VM is back to idling as of 3 hours ago. That was the fastest the "No bootable device" error has ever been resolved for me.
    All my VMs are working well now. +

I've gotten a lot of practice. Except NYCB034X. That one was a rude reminder that it could go very very wrong if the right things go wrong in the right order. Reminds me of when I had to essentially manually put together the MySQL database for WHM.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @FrankZ said: If it was there before then I expect you own it.

If it was created after then I expect VirMach's developer has some more work to do.

Apparently @Virmach already has a solution for this problem coded in the cronjobs. I asked about this primarily because the transfer ticket cannot be replied to after it's closed, so it's either fixed automatically or another ticket is required.

• @fan said:

To be clear, the invoice I mentioned was for the renewal of the service, which was generated about a month before the renewal date. As for the invoice for the transfer, it's paid for and the transfer is completed, so it wasn't the problem.

To add more context, the transfer process automatically generates an invoice of $3, once it's paid Virmach staff will handle the process.

Ahh - now I understand and apologise, you were correct in raising your query although perhaps being more descriptive in your original message would have avoided this.

• Node locked on my Tokyo Ryzen special 2.5gb ram...

• @FrankZ said:
    VM is back to idling as of 3 hours ago. That was the fastest the "No bootable device" error has ever been resolved for me.

Lucky you. I don't think I've had all VMs working at once since about June of 2022. I'm very seriously considering making 2023 the last year as a Virmach customer.

• @jtk said:
    Lucky you. I don't think I've had all VMs working at once since about June of 2022. I'm very seriously considering making 2023 the last year as a Virmach customer.

we all said that and we can't .... virvir has his ways, his prices.... he is the vps devil.

• about those prices - anyone have some cheap IPs?
    I need IPs.
    no spam, I promise!

Now I am sad that I cancelled my 5 IPs 12$/year VPS, but wanted to be nice :(

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• JabJab
    edited March 2023

VirMach stole my button!

No idea what was supposed to be there, but something was supposed to be there. EMPTY HTML.

This is NY with outdated reinstall templates/images :(

Thanked by (1)someTom

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Jab said:
    VirMach stole my button!

No idea what was supposed to be there, but something was supposed to be there. EMPTY HTML.

This is NY with outdated reinstall templates/images :(

yeah you can always cancel.

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

@jtk said:

@FrankZ said:

Average uptime over last 30 days for all nodes is about 99.8532%

So sounds like "unlucky you"