VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• I also detected some network outages in Germany location :/ (routing issue?)

• @VirMach said: Emergency maintenance I believe. It was this morning while I was taking a nap and not long enough notice for us to do a meaningful update in any case on our side.

More like DDOS than Emergency maintenance ^.-

@somik said: Twitter updates of server maintenance?

With the PAID API that elon is forcing? Yeah.. no, twitter is dead for automated posts.
    Slack/Discord/Telegram is the only choices - all have decent APIs to post stuff. Telegram channel preview can be visited via website without creating any account plus China knows that and it works for them :D
    To be honest it must be something that @VirMach is already using so he will bother to post updates from time to time ;')

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• @Jab said:

@somik said: Twitter updates of server maintenance?

With the PAID API that elon is forcing? Yeah.. no, twitter is dead for automated posts.
    Slack/Discord/Telegram is the only choices - all have decent APIs to post stuff. Telegram channel preview can be visited via website without creating any account plus China knows that and it works for them :D
    To be honest it must be something that @VirMach is already using so he will bother to post updates from time to time ;')

Huh, they now charge for twitter APIs?!? WTF!

Telegram it is then. I personally use telegram bots for most of my server automations anyway. Easy and free API that always works.

Thanked by (1)netomx

If it’s not broken, keep fixing it until it is. Blink twice if you agree.

• @VirMach said:

Amsterdam, Tokyo, should get it soon hopefully. NYC metro will most likely be delayed, we want to do it alongside 2x1Gbit port updates and other cleanups. I could see LAX being next after that.

Other ones I don't have a meaningful update (San Jose, Atlanta, Dallas, Denver, Phoenix.)

My reply is regarding IPv6, I don't quite remember our back and forth and don't have time to look into it so if that's the completely wrong answer then apologies.

That's exactly what I would like.
    Thanks for the update!

• @VirMach said: I can confirm if he's the same guy as on OGF, he's been constantly outraged for longer than RN was a company. I think pretty much from the very beginning actually, if I had to guess I'd say from 2017-2018 until now. That's dedication.

Ya're a dedicated hard-core masochist after all.

VirmAch is sort of like AMD graphic card, it provides great value for money if it works

smartass shitposting satirist

• So, NYCB011X is down, or attacked by ddos?

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@netomx said:
    So, NYCB011X is down, or attacked by ddos?

I don't expect that it is a ddos issue, as my VMs in NYC are unaffected. NYCB011X shows UP but completely unloaded, so I am not sure what is up with that. (status page link)

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:

@netomx said:
    So, NYCB011X is down, or attacked by ddos?

I don't expect that it is a ddos issue, as my VMs in NYC are unaffected. NYCB011X shows UP but completely unloaded, so I am not sure what is up with that. (status page link)

VM's cannot start up maybe? Or wrong kernel loaded so virtualization not working? Or even BIOS reset due to dead battery so hardware virtualization not working?

At least 2 of the above happened to my home VM node... It was a pain in the ass to troubleshoot, but easy to fix if you know what to look for...

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @FrankZ said: but completely unloaded, so I am not sure what is up with that.

unloaded and 7% hdd :cold_sweat:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • When do the nodes I'm on go kaput? DALZ010 needed a reboot on Saturday, but everything else mostly OK.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

Hello @VirMach. When you have a moment could you let us know what is going on with SEAZ002.
    It seems down to me, and has not reported to the status page in a while.
    Billing panel give the "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" error when trying to access management for the VM on this node.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• waiting reply for 5 days,maybe i need to write a shell script so that i can use with cron,to make sure it can boot my vps after every random shutdown

• @FrankZ said: Billing panel give the "Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received" error when trying to access management for the VM on this node.

My VM is fine and shows only 1% Steal and minimal Load:

Uptime: 62 days, 17:48
    Server Time: Mon May 15 10:04:24 PDT 2023

Client Area also times out and SolusVM reports:

An error occurred processing your request. The host is currently unavailable. Please try again later

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• ATLZ007B.VIRM.AC got abnormal cpu load 300x

• Feels weird that I need to post here to get attention from @VirMach than ticket :confused:

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@reb0rn said:
    ATLZ007B.VIRM.AC got abnormal cpu load 300x

I have a VM on this node and was seeing high wait state there for a little while, which appears to be resolved, and it seemed fine now.

Edit 16:27: Now the load, and wait state, is going back up. Status page shows 100% CPU and a 200+ load average. I also have a 33% wait state again on my VPS.

Edit2 18:08: And my VM on ATLZ007B is fine again.

Edit3 20:23: Seems to be an on again, off again, sort of thing.

Thanked by (1)reb0rn

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@netomx said:
    Feels weird that I need to post here to get attention from @VirMach than ticket :confused:

Hi netomx 👋
    Your comment took me back to when Anthony used this site to provide support for Inception Hosting's NAT VPS services. So there is some tradition with LowEndSpirt being a support forum. That being said this thread is not in any way officially connected with VirMach and you should use VirMach's ticket system for official support needs. This is just a thread where VirMach is kind enough to update us on what is going on at VirMach during his rare non working time. It is also a thread where we can "Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat" about VirMach.

• @VirMach Boss, could you spare 30 minutes to handle the PUSH requests? Thank you!

• @FrankZ said: VirMach's ticket system for official support needs.

You know I know that, and you know they dont respond :confounded:

• Frankfurt is pissing me off, can we stahp with those connection drops?

• Hello @VirMach ,
    I have sent a ticket to the support for 15 days without any answer, I paid 25$ for a priority support and I still haven't received any answer, I had a delay of payment, I only want to renew my server and it takes too much time, I can't wait any longer, it handicaps me enormously, can you do something here is the email of my account: [email protected]

• edited May 2023

Someone PUSHed me a VPS, and I found that the VPS I received didn’t have a migration button, so I couldn’t migrate. I’m currently in Chicago, and I want to migrate to Frankfurt! is it possible?

Other VPS under my account can be migrated, but the newly received one cannot, so I am asking here

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

Anybody want a Tokyo storage VM ?
    Specs are 1 core 5950X, 1.5GB RAM, 465 GiB Disk, 6 TB transfer, $40 per 2 years, expires July 4th, 2024.

Last I heard VirMach was sold out in Tokyo so figured I would ask before I migrate it to a USA location.

Edit: Gone. :)

• @FrankZ said:
    Specs are 1 core 5950X, 1.5GB RAM, 465 GiB Disk, 6 TB transfer, $40 per 2 years, expires July 4th, 2024.

Last I heard VirMach was sold out in Tokyo so figured I would ask before I migrate it to a USA location.

That is a very good price. Maybe you want to open a new thread at LES/LET with it in case someone is interested in it?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @FrankZ said: Specs are 1 core 5950X, 1.5GB RAM, 465 GiB Disk, 6 TB transfer, $40 per 2 years, expires July 4th, 2024.

465GiB? VirMach had storage servers in Japan?!

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Jab said:

@FrankZ said: Specs are 1 core 5950X, 1.5GB RAM, 465 GiB Disk, 6 TB transfer, $40 per 2 years, expires July 4th, 2024.

465GiB? VirMach had storage servers in Japan?!

Yes, they were offered as a pre-order and were delivered in July 2022.

-----

@somik said: That is a very good price. Maybe you want to open a new thread at LES/LET with it in case someone is interested in it?

Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think I want to take the abuse that I would get on the OGF trying to transfer a VirMach VM. I just wanted to see if any of the regulars in this thread wanted it in Tokyo. Otherwise I'll move it to the US and pair it up with a large RAM small disk VM I have there.

Thanked by (1)somik

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said:

Yo I have one on TYOC002S, want another if not on the same node

Call me the flying Tokyo hoarder

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@Flying_Chinaman said: I have one on TYOC002S, want another if not on the same node

As far as I know there is only one storage node currently available in Tokyo, TYOC002S.

• edited May 2023

@FrankZ said: As far as I know there is only one storage node currently available in Tokyo, TYOC002S.

Whaaaaagh, all storage chicken on the one den
    Then ya can see that typical oversold CPU steal burst too,
    Just wonder how many storage offers the old fart sold on that single node

Ya can freely migrate out of Tokyo, could save yor $3 buck nonetheless

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited May 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said: Then ya can see that typical oversold CPU steal burst too,

Checking every 2 minutes the ....
    Average steal rate over the last 48 hours was 5.29%, bursting to a high of 29.30% .
    Average wait state over the last 48 hours was 0.49%.
    Average packet loss over the last 48 hours was 0.28%
    Disk test run every 6 hours....
    Average disk write over the last 48 hours was 106 MB/s.
    Average disk read rate over the last 48 hours was 101 MB/s

Seems fine to me for a storage server.