VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• @VirMach said:
    Small update on LAX2Z019, delayed as I couldn't get into the building when I had time to take it down. Will try again later.

until now
    Operation Timed Out After 90001 Milliseconds With 0 Bytes Received

the ticket keeps closing automatically, the problem remains the same, almost 3 months this VPS has been off

• @msatt said:
    @VirMach Wether intentional or not, I consider $5 extra on a $9 VM for Europe appears greedy.
    Other providers have a blanket charge for all their locations (although I accept Asia may be an exception but not Europe). I can certainly understand that there are some increases but charging 55% more, come on. Ok a one off charge but not recurring - energy prices are going down in Europe but your prices are going up.
    Also fully accept if you don't want to be in Europe so charging to dissuade people from buying, but really your comments just seem like 'spin'.

Does it even matter as it does not include existing services anyway? It's a big market and everyone has a choice without being angry. Especially with incoming black Friday sales.

• edited November 2023

@yoursunny said:
    VirmAche is increasingly greedy.

I like the sunny chap, directly point in the hole on that jack ass

@Fritz said: Hey you are back from the grave.

O'right what is my epitaph?

smartass shitposting satirist

• @Mumbly said: Does it even matter as it does not include existing services anyway? It's a big market and everyone has a choice without being angry. Especially with incoming black Friday sales.

Not angry - just don't like 'spin'. Virmach has / does work really hard and if they wish to change their position in the market then that is fine. Just don't bullshit.
    I have 4 VMs with them and the reliability has been very good, the price has been excellent and I know the support is practically non existant. If they wish to change their position then they should appear to provide something better which in this case should be support. Somehow I can't see that changing, but I can see the increased costs.
    So come on Virmach as Mumbly says, Black Friday is coming up and introducing 'surcharges' is certainly not going to go down well.

• @msatt said:
    @VirMach Wether intentional or not, I consider $5 extra on a $9 VM for Europe appears greedy.
    Other providers have a blanket charge for all their locations (although I accept Asia may be an exception but not Europe). I can certainly understand that there are some increases but charging 55% more, come on.

So order a $37/year VM so it's only 13%?

• edited November 2023

LAX1Z014 -> SEAZ002 is now fully restored in San Jose, working fine. Thanks @VirMach

• @msatt said:
    Other providers have a blanket charge for all their locations (although I accept Asia may be an exception but not Europe). I can certainly understand that there are some increases but charging 55% more, come on. Ok a one off charge but not recurring - energy prices are going down in Europe but your prices are going up.
    Also fully accept if you don't want to be in Europe so charging to dissuade people from buying, but really your comments just seem like 'spin'.

Ironically, Contabo charge an extra $2.05/month for a $5.50/month VPS in the USA vs Europe (37%). There's probably some reflection of operational scale, some currency hedging, etc. which could apply here in the opposite direction.

This is not to disagree, in fact I think you're right that a flat recurring add-on ($5 rather than, say, a percentage) makes the lowest-end VPSes in Europe seem punitively priced rather than a reflection of cost.

Thanked by (1)msatt
  • VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

@nightcat said:
    Fix all servers and add more server.
    Virmach seems skip many tickets and let it go. it is better to close or process them. Clean ticket pool.

I would recommend virmach will sell all service with standard support.
    Limited support for specicals should keep the server online and work well.

When 5% of customers flagged are actively creating over 50% of all new tickets, those 5% will get 5% of the ticket time, yes. Best way to get better support is to avoid getting bundled with those group of people by abiding by terms of service and following ticket guidelines, especially if you only have limited support specials.

For this upcoming special we plan on including standard support for pre-orders.

@JoeMerit said:
    @Virmach so no virbot this year? Guess i'll be renewing all the stuff from last year and not trying to get better stuff from the bot.

Likelihood of deals being better this year is naturally lower. After all we're talking at this point services from 5 years ago, with less inflation, lower IPv4 costs, sold as 10 year old hardware in cheaper datacenters and so on.

VirBot will likely return though.

@tulipyun said: I'm guessing virmach had a bunch of annoyances with DALZ004 and DALZ007, but he took it all on in silence.

I don't understand the point of some people coming here for updates and asking questions while ignoring any comments I've made on them recently. I understand that they may not want to read through all the comments but that's the nature of a message board.

@ConnersHua said: Also, my TYOC038 has not been restored yet. I see the service status saying that the machine in question will receive messages about next steps, but didn't get any messages, did I missing something?

Was supposed to be worked on 1-2 days ago but additional issues popping up delayed it. Attempting this again today.

@msatt said:

Well we could adjust all prices to be the European prices but it wouldn't be great for anyone. And it wouldn't really paint a good picture in terms of actual demand levels adjusted for costs.

When you want good deals, it's more difficult for companies to actually give you a good deal if they can't adjust it based on the locations. We could of course do same cost for all but we can't do that if we're allowing there to be "unmetered" demand levels. Otherwise it'd all end up in the most valuable locations naturally. Does that make sense?

Also it's not 55% more. It's $5 more. I could do the same fun math you just did and go based off one plan and say Europe is actually only 13% more.

P.S. if we were going off actual energy costs to us for example, we'd basically have to double Europe across the board. And this isn't some weird math I'm doing or a myth, you can clearly look up energy costs in Europe and compare to the US. Then add in the risk of it spiking up and go based off the last few years and calculate that in as well and maybe we have to end up doing triple. Anyway I do agree with you in the end that it may appear greedy, but it's actually the complete opposite. Most companies just raise their margins on US which is actually more greedy, but they do appear less greedy and we could always do that.

Here's the sale where all locations are the same price, estimates going off actual demand levels that will skew it to certain regions and the actual additional costs per region.

512MB - $22/YR
    1GB - $40/YR
    2GB - $76/YR
    4GB - $148/YR

So is that better or should we appear greedy?

@msatt said:

@Mumbly said: Does it even matter as it does not include existing services anyway? It's a big market and everyone has a choice without being angry. Especially with incoming black Friday sales.

Not angry - just don't like 'spin'. Virmach has / does work really hard and if they wish to change their position in the market then that is fine. Just don't bullshit.
    I have 4 VMs with them and the reliability has been very good, the price has been excellent and I know the support is practically non existant. If they wish to change their position then they should appear to provide something better which in this case should be support. Somehow I can't see that changing, but I can see the increased costs.
    So come on Virmach as Mumbly says, Black Friday is coming up and introducing 'surcharges' is certainly not going to go down well.

Europe costs ~3x Los Angeles, and Los Angeles is not even our cheapest US location.

Tokyo costs ~5x Los Angeles.

This doesn't include hands rate, shipping, etc. There is no "spin" and if anything I should be charging way more for them, but I kept it to something reasonable.

@tetech said:

@msatt said:

Ironically, Contabo charge an extra $2.05/month for a $5.50/month VPS in the USA vs Europe (37%). There's probably some reflection of operational scale, some currency hedging, etc. which could apply here in the opposite direction.

This is not to disagree, in fact I think you're right that a flat recurring add-on ($5 rather than, say, a percentage) makes the lowest-end VPSes in Europe seem punitively priced rather than a reflection of cost.

If we did an entire DC in Europe and did it a long time ago, had our own employees there, and maybe locked in government subsidies or whatever else they're doing then of course that location would be cheaper for us than smaller bits even in the US.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ skorous
  • edited November 2023
    BlueCloud VirmAch
    2 Cores EPYC CPU 1 Core Ryzen CPU
    2GB RAM 512MB DDR4 RAM
    22GB NVMe 15GB NVMe SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth 1TB Data
    10Gbps Port 1Gbps
    Tokyo, JP Location Tokyo, JP Location
    With customer service Open a ticket and get banned
    With technical team Random downtime for months
    $22.00 USD/Year $19.00 USD/Year

VirmAch wins.

Thanked by (1)ripeapple
  • edited November 2023

@dyfkz1l said: Open a ticket and get blocked
    @dyfkz1l said: Random downtime for months

The customer service is laughably bad, but at least it was cheap. Gonna renew my old chicks.

O' cum'on Virmach, can you change the handicap panel back to default?
    Just look at panel of AlphaVPS, CrunchBits and other vendors, if you do not know how to do it, D0 N0T T0UCH 1T

• edited November 2023

@dyfkz1l said:

BlueCloud VirmAch
    2GB RAM 512MB DDR4 RAM
    22GB NVMe 15GB NVMe SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth 1TB Data
    10Gbps Port 1Gbps

VirmAch wins.

I used to be Virmach defender, as one cannot ask too much with such lowest price across the globe, until I was moved out of Japan and the 3 USD migration fee not refunded. But what bugs me most is that he said tagging him in a 'Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat' thread increased his workload. what kinda fxxk-up excuse is this?

• edited November 2023

@ripeapple said:

r u @Jab sister?
    if so , then you are more pretty.

• edited November 2023

@ehab said:

@ripeapple said:

r u @Jab sister?

>
    bullshit, why relate me with that licking dog?

• @ripeapple said:

@ehab said:

@ripeapple said:

r u @Jab sister?

>

uuooooOOOO .... i know he will say such :-1:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:

@ripeapple said:

@ehab said:

@ripeapple said:

r u @Jab sister?

>

uuooooOOOO .... i know he will say such :-1:

until he gets stabbed by virmach as I was

• edited November 2023

lets play nice

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @dyfkz1l said:

BlueCloud VirmAch
    2GB RAM 512MB DDR4 RAM
    22GB NVMe 15GB NVMe SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth 1TB Data
    10Gbps Port 1Gbps

VirmAch wins.

Here's what I don't understand: You listed a provider above you claim is a lot better. Why not order from them instead of trying to bend the other provider to meet your price point?

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @ehab said:
    lets play nice

You are even better than that yeti for controlling shit talking

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@ehab said:
    lets play nice

You are even better than that yeti for controlling shit talking

<3 u 2

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
    edited November 2023

@ripeapple said: But what bugs me most is that he said tagging him in a 'Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat' thread increased his workload. what kinda fxxk-up excuse is this?

If you are easily offended based on discussions here and specifically want to dissect something based on semantics, consider not misinterpreting it.

It's not all migrations to Tokyo. It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations and general increased support strain on a limited support service, or replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case, and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

I've had ChatGPT stress specific parts that may be misinterpreted in the translation below and maintain the essence of the message.

“这不仅仅是因为向东京迁移。我们首要关注的其实是那些导致我们有限客服服务压力普遍增大的人。当然了,这些人也可能会做一些其他的事——比如,上这里@ 我并提出指控,或者在工单回复后询问能否为他们个别安排一些特殊事宜,然后还会在这里复制粘贴相似的信息。(不得不说,你刚才的行为可真是给出了一个‘完美示例’。)”

This portion is what you're doing in addition to the main issue:

It's first focused on people that might also do something like come on here tagging me making accusations

It is not the actual issue, it's not actually what is it is focused on, you weren't categorized this way because of that. You were already categorized because of:

general increased support strain on a limited support service

And this is an example of that continued behavior, when a decision was made and it was being processed in a large batch this obviously makes the task extremely more convoluted when it was not offered.

replying back to the ticket asking if a custom arrangement can be made in their case

And this is just what is usually a humorous indicator/addition to it:

and then also copy/pasting a similar message here after replying to the ticket.

So to go back to what you said:

@ripeapple said: But what bugs me most is that he said tagging him in a 'Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat' thread increased his workload. what kinda fxxk-up excuse is this?

Tagging me here doesn't directly increase workload, but people that increase workload in the past do tend to also do those other things.

Let's not forget:

@ripeapple said: @VirMach I received the email and I admit that I bought and sold no more than 4 or 5 accounts before March 2022, but no more buying and selling after that. I kept only one account since then, what am I supposed to react to the email? multiple accounts? or ignore it?

Perhaps your first reaction to us making a decision to move you back to another location when instructions tell you to provide invoice # to receive a refund, and do not tell you to ask for a custom solution, instructions should be followed when it's a low cost limited support service that wasn't even sold or guaranteed to be in Tokyo.

• y0 @VirMach (I tag you here to get unblocked server and no more random downtime) what machine/servers you sending this BF to DCs? What specs? Copy-paste last time Ryzens? EPYCs? Anything finalized and ready to go?!
    Pictures!?

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@ripeapple - Consider this your warning. Stop being such a dick to people.

Thanked by (2)Wonder_Woman ehab

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @VirMach I hope that a new more stable service will be launched during Black Friday this year. Once stable, your VPS performance will be great and worth the higher price.

• I'm sad I'm skipping a lot of messages lately.

Not even having flan.

Thanked by (1)Not_Oles
  • @imok said:
    I'm sad I'm skipping a lot of messages lately.

Not even having flan.

Just love stories, no worry B)

Thanked by (3)ehab Not_Oles imok
  • FrankZFrankZ Moderator

@imok said: Not even having flan.

Hi @imok 👋. Sorry to hear of your flan deficiency. I have also been flan deprived lately. Sad times :(

Thanked by (3)Wonder_Woman Not_Oles imok

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• edited November 2023

I have upgraded from 2700x to 5700x this year, dare say AM4 Ryzen is no longer premium, especially R9 3950x.
    Cum'on, you dame masochist, either upgrade to Ryzen 7000, or deliver us $9.43 Tokyo

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    I have upgraded from 2700x to 5700x this year, dare say AM4 Ryzen is no longer premium, especially R9 3950x.
    Cum'on, you dame masochist, either upgrade to Ryzen 7000, or deliver us $9.43 Tokyo

you can choose not to buy

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.