VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• Heh, as a long time VirMach customer I know what to expect. Honestly, for what they charge, I'm always pleasantly surprised by how well their services run. I am a hobbyist, so the occasional (even if extended) hiccup, doesn't bother me. Support does take a while, but at least for me, they have always taken care of my issues.

It's pronounced hacker.

• edited November 2023

@DanSummer said:

@dyfkz1l said:

BlueCloud VirmAch
    2 Cores EPYC CPU 1 Core Ryzen CPU
    2GB RAM 512MB DDR4 RAM
    22GB NVMe 15GB NVMe SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth 1TB Data
    10Gbps Port 1Gbps
    Tokyo, JP Location Tokyo, JP Location
    With customer service Open a ticket and get banned
    With technical team Random downtime for months
    $22.00 USD/Year $19.00 USD/Year

VirmAch wins.

Here's what I don't understand: You listed a provider above you claim is a lot better. Why not order from them instead of trying to bend the other provider to meet your price point?

Here's what I don't understand: I said VirmAch won. So are you asking BlueCloud to reduce their specs?

• FFME007 Frankfurt appears down (checked status) ?

• @msatt said:
    FFME007 Frankfurt appears down (checked status) ?

And back :+1:

• @dyfkz1l said:

@DanSummer said:

@dyfkz1l said:

BlueCloud VirmAch
    2 Cores EPYC CPU 1 Core Ryzen CPU
    2GB RAM 512MB DDR4 RAM
    22GB NVMe 15GB NVMe SSD
    1.5TB Bandwidth 1TB Data
    10Gbps Port 1Gbps
    Tokyo, JP Location Tokyo, JP Location
    With customer service Open a ticket and get banned
    With technical team Random downtime for months
    $22.00 USD/Year $19.00 USD/Year

VirmAch wins.

Here's what I don't understand: You listed a provider above you claim is a lot better. Why not order from them instead of trying to bend the other provider to meet your price point?

Here's what I don't understand: I said VirmAch won. So are you asking BlueCloud to reduce their specs?

yeah, sounds believable.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I have always really liked the San Jose area best for setting up VMs for use in my area, it just works well for me. In January I had bought a $7/yr VM in Seattle on node SEAZ002 mainly because it was just too cheap for the specs to pass up. This VM was transferred to Los Angeles on node LAX1Z014 after the DediPath deadpool, which quite frankly did not make me happy, and I was going to cancel the VM. Me being me, I just waited to see what would happen, because as a long time VirMach customer I have learned that if you don't like something at this moment, just wait a little while and it will probably change. Well change it did. After LAX1Z014 had disk issues recently the VM was restored to San Jose and the node and network have been working great. So now I have a great Ryzen VM in the location I wanted for $7 a year, with no migration fees. So although it may take a circular route VirMach always finds a way to make me happy enough with their service that I end up renewing for another year.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• @FrankZ said:
    I have always really liked the San Jose area best for setting up VMs for use in my area, it just works well for me. In January I had bought a $7/yr VM in Seattle on node SEAZ002 mainly because it was just too cheap for the specs to pass up. This VM was transferred to Los Angeles on node LAX1Z014 after the DediPath deadpool, which quite frankly did not make me happy, and I was going to cancel the VM. Me being me, I just waited to see what would happen, because as a long time VirMach customer I have learned that if you don't like something at this moment, just wait a little while and it will probably change. Well change it did. After LAX1Z014 had disk issues recently the VM was restored to San Jose and the node and network have been working great. So now I have a great Ryzen VM in the location I wanted for $7 a year, with no migration fees. So although it may take a circular route VirMach always finds a way to make me happy enough with their service that I end up renewing for another year.

No, you're actually not happy with it, so you're eagerly planning to transfer it to me :p

Thanked by (3)Not_Oles FrankZ DanSummer

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• Lately when I log into virmach, I get repeated Cloudflare authentication and can't get in.

Since I would be slow to access directly, I would like to rely on a proxy server for access, and it seems that Cloudflare authentication doesn't think this is appropriate and blocks me out, so what should I do?

I've tried deleting cookies, using privacy mode, turning off ublcok, and even giving up on proxy servers, but Cloudflare consistently shuts me out.

Have the honor of being the crybaby who pays $20 for a 128MB VPS at VirMach in 2023.

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

im happiest in AMS now for a year. Far from all abuse and drama.

Thanked by (3)FrankZ AlwaysSkint skorous

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @tulipyun said:
    Lately when I log into virmach, I get repeated Cloudflare authentication and can't get in.

Since I would be slow to access directly, I would like to rely on a proxy server for access, and it seems that Cloudflare authentication doesn't think this is appropriate and blocks me out, so what should I do?

I've tried deleting cookies, using privacy mode, turning off ublcok, and even giving up on proxy servers, but Cloudflare consistently shuts me out.

I disabled all browser extensions and that seems to have solved the problem temporarily.

• @cybertech said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    I have upgraded from 2700x to 5700x this year, dare say AM4 Ryzen is no longer premium, especially R9 3950x.
    Cum'on, you dame masochist, either upgrade to Ryzen 7000, or deliver us $9.43 Tokyo

you can choose not to buy

Well, as a Chinaman in a mundane and undesirable life path, posting in the cult thread is the one of my few guilty pleasure

smartass shitposting satirist

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider

Took in your suggestions and re-did the numbers and structure for the preorders. It's an average of the three locations' pricing and all the same price, and Tokyo will likely have to be capped manually to only be available near the beginning of the sale since we can't end up sending like 50 servers all to Tokyo as the mitigating factor (price variance) is removed.

I also had to basically throw out the 512MB plan so @dyfkz1l stops roasting us since that one ends up looking pretty bad per unit of resource compared to the others.

• Prices averaged out resulted in higher average price for US compared to previous (and lower or same for EU, lower for Tokyo.)
    • $10 setup removed, store credit requirement removed, it was turning into a wall of text that could be missed/misinterpreted.
    • Bandwidth and disk amounts adjusted down for larger plans, the largest plan got an extra core.
    • We might also allow for immediate activations or sooner activations as space opens up in each location with existing servers, but still use the ratios ordered to determine where to send additional servers specifically to replenish.

Then once Black Friday arrives we can get more specific with pricing per server, mainly as we have via flash sale. I still personally liked the original way I did it and I bet a lot of people would've wanted to just get lower priced US-only but this beats 20 pages of complaints on the offer thread & tickets.

This is still not finalized, I might just end up taking out Tokyo off this particular one since we already kind of know the demand level for that is just "infinity" anyway, and that'd bring the average US/EU price down, and... potentially make everything way smoother.

Thanked by (2)Not_Oles FrankZ
  • edited November 2023

Can we get $10 Tokyo (or $20 for two year)?
    Wanna build an load balancer for my proxy

384MB RAM
    1v Core
    10GB disk
    500 GB bandwidth

Thanked by (1)yoursunny

edited November 2023

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Gonna build an load balancer for my proxy

384MB RAM
    1v Core
    10GB disk
    500 GB bandwidth

500GB @ 1Mbps

(edit) Okay no wait fine, for you I can bump it down to 0.2Mbps.

Thanked by (2)tototo FrankZ
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited November 2023

@VirMach said:
    Took in your suggestions and re-did the numbers and structure for the preorders. It's an average of the three locations' pricing and all the same price, and Tokyo will likely have to be capped manually to only be available near the beginning of the sale since we can't end up sending like 50 servers all to Tokyo as the mitigating factor (price variance) is removed.

I also had to basically throw out the 512MB plan so @dyfkz1l stops roasting us since that one ends up looking pretty bad per unit of resource compared to the others.

• Prices averaged out resulted in higher average price for US compared to previous (and lower or same for EU, lower for Tokyo.)
    • $10 setup removed, store credit requirement removed, it was turning into a wall of text that could be missed/misinterpreted.
    • Bandwidth and disk amounts adjusted down for larger plans, the largest plan got an extra core.
    • We might also allow for immediate activations or sooner activations as space opens up in each location with existing servers, but still use the ratios ordered to determine where to send additional servers specifically to replenish.

Then once Black Friday arrives we can get more specific with pricing per server, mainly as we have via flash sale. I still personally liked the original way I did it and I bet a lot of people would've wanted to just get lower priced US-only but this beats 20 pages of complaints on the offer thread & tickets.

This is still not finalized, I might just end up taking out Tokyo off this particular one since we already kind of know the demand level for that is just "infinity" anyway, and that'd bring the average US/EU price down, and... potentially make everything way smoother.

i think its better to separate the deals out, more importantly to segregate the level of support needed for all locations, and then Tokyo.

Prices seem fair to me assuming decent response time and >99% uptime.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @VirMach said:

This please. Removing Tokyo and bringing average prices down would be great!

Thanked by (2)FrankZ yoursunny
  • edited November 2023

@VirMach said: 500GB @ 1Mbps

Ha ha ha, it is a joke, right? Same as the Free Standard Support Leve1 in the above image?

• There seem to be multiple locations where Looking Glass isn't working properly, and I'm considering purchasing a vps from some of those locations, specifically SJC.

• edited November 2023

Another thing comes into Chinaman's mind
    VirmAche boy mentioned about hybrid storage (NVme + HDD) plan during the Tokyo fund raise,
    so is that also a joke, or merely a bluff?

• @VirMach said: This is still not finalized, I might just end up taking out Tokyo off this particular one since we already kind of know the demand level for that is just "infinity" anyway, and that'd bring the average US/EU price down, and... potentially make everything way smoother.

Thank you for considering the newer prices.
    Personally I would rather have as suggested above.
    What you want (I would suggest) are lots of sales at reasonable value, with low complaints and needing very little support. You have already said that Tokyo causes all sorts of issues / workloads and does not fit into the standard mould, so.....
    Go with what makes things easier for your business.

• :s TYOC000000038

• edited November 2023

@VirMach said:

@Flying_Chinaman said:
    Gonna build an load balancer for my proxy

384MB RAM
    1v Core
    10GB disk
    500 GB bandwidth

500GB @ 1Mbps

(edit) Okay no wait fine, for you I can bump it down to 0.2Mbps.

Greetings to you and your family!
    I think, anyone using virmach,
    All will be miserable!
    At the same time, VIRMACH’s wanton behavior
    It will make you even more unlucky in the end!

bc7af8442b63873336d60.jpg

Thanked by (1)VirMach

@ksir9962 said: I think, anyone using virmach,
    All will be miserable!
    At the same time, VIRMACH’s wanton behavior

1/5th of the accounts that received that immediately ignored anything written there, and made tickets about how they want to continue staying a customer, want to pay the invoices that got refunded, how they want invoices regenerated.

Definitely sounds like a group that loves being miserable then and digging themselves a bigger hole when they've been dealt with in the nicest way possible. Oh no, such wanton behavior, the provider gave me (1) a refund for the past 6 months any payments, (2) gave me up to several months of free service and made sure to provide an additional week of service in any case, (3) allows me to continue using any other services paid into the future as long as I don't do the one main thing I was requested not to do, let me immediately do that.

Does anyone remember last time when the biggest complaint was that services were suspended without giving a grace period? It could be handled in any way and people would still be upset that they can't continue buying from the provider they hate so much.

• edited November 2023

My vps has been suspended due to excessive traffic, but it is already a new month and my vps has not been started for me, and the work order submitted has not been processed. It's really terrible to use.

• @VirMach said:
    1/5th of the accounts that received that immediately ignored anything written there, and made tickets about how they want to continue staying a customer, want to pay the invoices that got refunded, how they want invoices regenerated.

Definitely sounds like a group that loves being miserable then and digging themselves a bigger hole when they've been dealt with in the nicest way possible. Oh no, such wanton behavior, the provider gave me (1) a refund for the past 6 months any payments, (2) gave me up to several months of free service and made sure to provide an additional week of service in any case, (3) allows me to continue using any other services paid into the future as long as I don't do the one main thing I was requested not to do, let me immediately do that.

Does anyone remember last time when the biggest complaint was that services were suspended without giving a grace period? It could be handled in any way and people would still be upset that they can't continue buying from the provider they hate so much.

Please, please, I beg you please don't kill my account. You are my hero, my sweetheart. <3

@jeenzhuang said:
    My vps has been suspended due to excessive traffic, but it is already a new month and my vps has not been started for me, and the work order submitted has not been processed. It's really terrible to use.

There's not many tickets at all in the queue right now, and I still can't locate yours based on the information you provided. Nothing matching suspension or bandwidth in the title.

• @VirMach said: ...as long as I don't do the one main thing I was requested not to do, let me immediately do that.

Reading ... it's fundamental.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint FrankZ
  • @VirMach said:
    There's not many tickets at all in the queue right now, and I still can't locate yours based on the information you provided. Nothing matching suspension or bandwidth in the title.

So are there many or not many tickets in the queue? "IF MANY"?

• @dyfkz1l said:
    So are there many or not many tickets in the queue? "IF MANY"?

Try writing this again, makes no sense.

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png