c1vhosting review: not recommended

Comments

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

@Ahui said:

@Jab said:
    Guess whos network died, died again.
    You will never guess.

c1vhosting,They can't even meet the requirement of being online for 7 consecutive days,Offline every day, maintained every day

The terrifying online rate is only 60%

CPU single core performance is only 200 points

https://browser.geekbench.com/v5/cpu/22566129

I don't know what people can do with this

take it as donate to their medical fees

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @Ahui said:

I don't know what people can do with this

Ask for refund... ;)

"How miserable life is in the abuses of power..."
    F. Battiato ---

• i have no idea why every day we see c1v

enough

point noted ...

move on, like we always do

• JabJab
    edited June 18

Website loaded, I guess my VPS will load someday too.
    I've never noticed they have new website.

Its' back.

c1vhosting IPv4 website is now UP.
    Downtime: 2 hr 54 min

Haven't bought a single service in VirMach Great Ryzen 2022 - 2023 Flash Sale.
    https://lowendspirit.com/uploads/editor/gi/ippw0lcmqowk.png

• Source OGF:

Looks like the cluster of redundant routers did a thing.

• Another solid > 4 hours downtime.
    Starting to think c1vhosting has some anti-SLA contract and just need to turn things off to reach appropriate levels, lol.

• edited June 24

@Jab said:,
    Another solid > 4 hours downtime.
    Starting to think c1vhosting has some anti-SLA contract and just need to turn things off to reach appropriate levels, lol.

Just a theory... could it be the washing machine being needed, soe he pulls the mains of the servers to put the washing machine plug in instead? They're in the same basement probably...

Small anekdote: long ago I worked at a place where every week on thursday evening a few servers would go offline, and come back after an hour or so (restarted). It was in the time before dual power supplies as a standard, and when we stayed over for an evening we found out that it was the cleaner who, with a master key, apparantly had access to the room the servers were in and unplugged one power distributor to put the hoover in...

Thanked by (1)root
  • I have to say it's a pain to have luks partition configured on c1vhosting vps.
    As there is at least 1 reboot per week.
    I'd have to disable encryption to make it less painful. :'(

• @remy said:
    I have to say it's a pain to have luks partition configured on c1vhosting vps.

Clevis tang for the win (rh based) or dropbear FTW

• edited June 24

@localhost said:

@remy said:

Thanks. I'll spend some time automating. ;)
    And maybe take some time in the months to come to migrate it all to slightly more stable servers too.

Thanked by (1)localhost
  • @remy said:

@localhost said:

@remy said:

Thanks. I'll spend some time automating. ;)
    And maybe take some time in the months to come to migrate it all to slightly more stable servers too.

I tried both setups. Both are easy.
    I like the clevis + Tang overall due to the simplicity

Good luck.

Thanked by (1)remy
  • My monitors are saying: Down again :'(

• @remy said:
    My monitors are saying: Down again :'(

Same as Yesterday, down to like 5 minutes.
    Must be a goblin waking up around the same time and unplugging cables.

• @Neoon said:

@remy said:

My home server has better uptime without UPS and single upstream
    Power cuts are apparently frequent in Italy

• @remy said:

Yep. VPS down, website down... it must be an extra, longer, wash then.

Worst-provider-ever. Without a doubt.

• JabJab
    edited June 25

c1vhosting IPv4 website is now UP
    Downtime: 3 hr 54 min
    Noticed at: 2024-06-25 07:42:35 (UTC 01:00)

@Neoon said: Must be a goblin waking up around the same time and unplugging cables.

or just one of the neighbors pissed off that he can't sleep because AC going nuts and unplugging it :-D

Thanked by (1)carlin0

• foxonefoxone OG
    edited June 25

@Neoon said:

@remy said:

My home server has better uptime without UPS and single upstream
    Power cuts are apparently frequent in Italy

Haven't had a power cut in years. Even then, it was for 5-10 seconds after a very nearby lightning strike.

• Climb up

• JabJab
    edited July 31

If you guys offline please go to panel and click Start.

2 hours and 17 minutes of downtime today... because VM was stopped in a panel.
    There was no e-mail that something happened, there are no logs.
    No idea what happen - did Luca click it manually to piss random clients? Was there a secret maintenance on a node and he forgot to restart VMs? Or maybe it's still ongoing? Was whole c1vhosting hacked and random guy stopped everything? We will never know.

• c1vhostingc1vhosting Hosting Provider

@Jab said:
    If you guys offline please go to panel and click Start.

2 hours and 17 minutes of downtime today... because VM was stopped in a panel.
    There was no e-mail that something happened, there are no logs.
    No idea what happen - did Luca click it manually to piss random clients? Was there a secret maintenance on a node and he forgot to restart VMs? Or maybe it's still ongoing? Was whole c1vhosting hacked and random guy stopped everything? We will never know.

https://t.me/c1vhosting/337

C1V Hosting: Low cost Italian Cloud & Data Center Solutions 🚀 | Contact us for special offers. | Our deals on Telegram

• Okey, turns out there was power outage

(Tier 3 Design, 2 power sources + UPS) btw.

and there is no auto-boot©

only if you could ask the AI to write a auto-boot©

and there is no status page

but hey, there is telegram channel that is not linked anywhere and there was info about outage.

• @Jab said:
    Okey, turns out there was power outage

(Tier 3 Design, 2 power sources + UPS) btw.

and there is no auto-boot©

only if you could ask the AI to write a auto-boot©

and there is no status page

but hey, there is telegram channel that is not linked anywhere and there was info about outage.

And "redundant power" has been announced several times now.

It's not fairytales anymore with C1V, it's simply lies.

• edited July 31

Back in December we had 3 lines of emergency power. Not one ladies and gentlemen but THREE at the price of a coffee. There should be twenty lines by now if the bullshit increased monotonically with time.

Best data center in the country. Probably for real. You should host the post office website, it would be online more often.

• @davide said:
    Back in December we had 3 lines of emergency power. Not one ladies and gentlemen but THREE at the price of a coffee. There should be twenty lines by now if the bullshit increased monotonically with time.

Best data center in the country. Probably for real. You should host the post office website, it would be online more often.

Yeah, I remember that message... "compensation report" and a bit later "everybody affected will be compensated". Never heard of any compensation again. One of the many "promises" made that were just vaporized.

• @Calypso said: everybody affected will be compensated

Well...

1. Maybe you are nobody?
    2. You were not affected?
    3. There was no time frame for compensation arrival.

Either way, you have been schooled.

• @Calypso said:
    …. everybody affected will be compensated

And, may be, it will happen after premier data center gets Tier3 certification.

• edited July 31

@Calypso said:
    Yeah, I remember that message... "compensation report" and a bit later "everybody affected will be compensated". Never heard of any compensation again. One of the many "promises" made that were just vaporized.

He definitely forgot. If he had remembered that in December he made up the story that he had 3 power lines, today he would not had written that the second line is being installed on a few servers, and the rest remain with one line.

Boooh bad memory motherfucking scammer.

This is fraud right here. But definitely one of the most honest Italians I know. The first person in my murder list is the guy who sold me rotten fruit this Monday. Then my neighbor. Oh my fucking neighbor what an uncivilized shithead, a monkey entertained by the pain of others. Then my car mechanic who screams like an animal and lives in a shack on a bog. Crossing his house fence is like entering soviet russia when the farmers were murdering the kulaks. Same vibes. And my other neighbor has yet to realize that this is the 21st century. He probably doesn't know for real. I should take a picture of his house.

Sorry I'm having a bad day.

Was in April. But verdict is unchanged.

• You guys have some real drama with this provider. I do not have a VPS from C1V, but It seems being C1V-ed is worse than being Virmach-ed.

• @root said:
    You guys have some real drama with this provider. I do not have a VPS from C1V, but It seems being C1V-ed is worse than being Virmach-ed.

Well, I had a Virmach VPS (until a month ago) from the "famous promised batch" of a couple of years ago, and yes, it was some kind of drama in the beginning: delivered a bit later as announced, had a move to a different DC, that kind of stuff. But in th end the thing ran without problems, and I didn't give it up for performance or anything like that but because it didn't have IPv6 and wouldn't get it in the near future.

But compared to C1V my experiences with Virmach were way, way better. Every host can have a couple of issues in the LowEnd world. It's the way you handle it, if they really get solved, how you present yourself, etc. Uptime is always important: LowEnd or not, testVPS or productionVPS. And C1V is lacking in uptime while presenting himself as "premier Italian".

Thanked by (1)root
  • cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King
    edited August 1

@Calypso said:

@root said:
    You guys have some real drama with this provider. I do not have a VPS from C1V, but It seems being C1V-ed is worse than being Virmach-ed.

Well, I had a Virmach VPS (until a month ago) from the "famous promised batch" of a couple of years ago, and yes, it was some kind of drama in the beginning: delivered a bit later as announced, had a move to a different DC, that kind of stuff. But in th end the thing ran without problems, and I didn't give it up for performance or anything like that but because it didn't have IPv6 and wouldn't get it in the near future.

But compared to C1V my experiences with Virmach were way, way better. Every host can have a couple of issues in the LowEnd world. It's the way you handle it, if they really get solved, how you present yourself, etc. Uptime is always important: LowEnd or not, testVPS or productionVPS. And C1V is lacking in uptime while presenting himself as "premier Italian".

Virmach while faced with a myriad of problems, had the best intentions to provide extreme performance at LE prices.

However his first try in multi-site colocation resulted in a series of unfortunate hardware issues that should have never been attempted by a single person managing most, if not all of the business.

c1vhosting on the other hand is one of the least forthcoming provider that still retains his/her tag.

"least forthcoming" in layman terms mean lies, lies, and buckets of lies.

Thanked by (3)root sh97 burntascii

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.