[2022] ★ VirMach ★ RYZEN ★ NVMe ★★ The Epic Sales Offer Thread ★★

Comments

• @VirMach Ticket #801725
    after several migrations and costing $3 each move. the last time this happened 7-sept-2022 confused what to do, please help...

• edited September 2022

@vgood If you look above, I have the same situation. (All because I wanted to move from the -Virmach confessed- troublesome Dallas location.)
    Note: I didn't need a screenshot, to say it was Disabled. :#

Very unhelpfully it got merged with a totally unrelated Ticket, in a different "Department" #884297
    @Virmach that just annoys people!

Thanked by (1)vgood

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• @kidoh said: When will it be available?

How long is a piece of string?

• VirMachVirMach Hosting Provider
    edited September 2022

@AlwaysSkint said: @vgood If you look above, I have the same situation. (All because I wanted to move from the -Virmach confessed- troublesome Dallas location.)
    Note: I didn't need a screenshot, to say it was Disabled.

@AlwaysSkint said:

@VirMach said: It's an outage report ticket.

If you get a few moments, could I have an explanation on my "Disabled" VPS, please:
    Ticket #196482 Subject: Reporting Service Confirmed Offline - ()

I saw your ticket as it was created/merged and I've been compiling information for our developer to take a look. Seems like it's a potential hidden bug in the migration request code that stayed dormant until some other code triggered it. I haven't unsuspended it as I don't want to cause any potential other issues in the future. I've flagged it as a priority for today to tally & clean these up.

Luckily it does look very rare.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • Running into billing issues as well as being unable to use my dedicated servers for a little over a month now, I hope everything's going okay for them. A little nervous about renewing (all servers are yearly) but I have faith they'll pull through

@acidpuke said:
    My dilemma ..

2 dedicated servers that have a payment now due that has an OS installed that I cant use and no way to install what I need.

Was given the last 30 days free for the troubles of no warning and losing my last 2 servers but they have been worthless since I cant use them.

I have been a customer of @virmach since 2018 .. debating if I should move on and call it a day?

We finally got a fix to basic controls a couple days ago and it's being rolled out (not by us, by the datacenter partner.) We did make it known from the start to the new DC partner that it would be crucial to have functional controls and IPMI, but it was dragged out and unfortunately we're not exactly in a situation where we could hop from one DC, to another that had the control issues, to a third. That wouldn't help anyone at this point.

We'll still have one final issue with the IPMI which I'm trying to figure out another potential solutions to right now, but it's also most likely be out of our hands. I'm hoping it can be resolved quickly but that's definitely not what we got and I'm quite upset about how long it's been taking as well.

Thanked by (1)bakageta

@fluttershy said:
    Running into billing issues as well as being unable to use my dedicated servers for a little over a month now, I hope everything's going okay for them. A little nervous about renewing (all servers are yearly) but I have faith they'll pull through

Did the billing solution not work? Let me know the ticket ID as I remember it being an urgent situation and I'll have a second look.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @kidoh said:
    When will it be available? :'(

Tomorrow™️

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Ganonk

ServerFactory aff best VPS; HostBrr aff best storage.

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:
    Running into billing issues as well as being unable to use my dedicated servers for a little over a month now, I hope everything's going okay for them. A little nervous about renewing (all servers are yearly) but I have faith they'll pull through

Did the billing solution not work? Let me know the ticket ID as I remember it being an urgent situation and I'll have a second look.

Nope, hasn't worked yet. I've responded to the ticket.

• @AlwaysSkint said:
    @vgood If you look above, I have the same situation. (All because I wanted to move from the -Virmach confessed- troublesome Dallas location.)
    Note: I didn't need a screenshot, to say it was Disabled. :#

well I did the migration several times because of frequent problems. after I counted more than 12 times I migrated with my 3VPS on @VirMach and only this 1VPS is still having problems with the "VPS Disabled" description. hopefully they will fix it soon.

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

I don't know what system caused it but apparently the invoice was auto-cancelled. I don't know if this is some new "feature" where administrators can no longer generate it above the existing limits or another module and I don't have time to investigate it at the moment but I'll provide another solution.

Thanked by (1)fluttershy
  • @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

I don't know what system caused it but apparently the invoice was auto-cancelled. I don't know if this is some new "feature" where administrators can no longer generate it above the existing limits or another module and I don't have time to investigate it at the moment but I'll provide another solution.

Thanks, looks like that worked and I was able to pay the invoice.

• @VirMach said:

We finally got a fix to basic controls a couple days ago and it's being rolled out (not by us, by the datacenter partner.) We did make it known from the start to the new DC partner that it would be crucial to have functional controls and IPMI, but it was dragged out and unfortunately we're not exactly in a situation where we could hop from one DC, to another that had the control issues, to a third. That wouldn't help anyone at this point.

We'll still have one final issue with the IPMI which I'm trying to figure out another potential solutions to right now, but it's also most likely be out of our hands. I'm hoping it can be resolved quickly but that's definitely not what we got and I'm quite upset about how long it's been taking as well.

I just saw my San Jose server has functional controls, but it looks like there is 0 way to reinstall the OS through them. Is this something I should ticket for?

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

I just saw my San Jose server has functional controls, but it looks like there is 0 way to reinstall the OS through them. Is this something I should ticket for?

They have limited operating systems we can install if you make a ticket request, yes, but it's very limited. Still waiting on IPMI. Going to try to work through the backlog of OS requests that are possible today.

• @VirMach any update on my ticket?

View Ticket #232870
    Subject: assigned ip not working on storage server

• @VirMach said:

@fluttershy said:

@VirMach said:

They have limited operating systems we can install if you make a ticket request, yes, but it's very limited. Still waiting on IPMI. Going to try to work through the backlog of OS requests that are possible today.

Awesome, just made a ticket. Thanks for the help!

• @vgood said:
    well I did the migration several times because of frequent problems. after I counted more than 12 times I migrated with my 3VPS on @VirMach and only this 1VPS is still having problems with the "VPS Disabled" description. hopefully they will fix it soon.

12 times x 3 VPS? Omg... Definitely you have some "Ryzen button" addiction... I hope you calm down a little bit xD ( remember "Disabled VPS" in the future )

• @VirMach said:

Ooh, I've actually got some info showing up in the panel now, and now I've got questions about IPs. The server was delivered manually configured for a single IP address (actually as 92.x.x.138/1 which seems misconfigured to me, but was functional so I left it), so I assumed I was losing my /29. With all the IP price increases and the move from CC I could understand that, though it's less than ideal. Now that I have info in the panel, though, under IP addresses I'm seeing both 92.x.x.138, and 92.x.x.136/29. I don't want to step on anyone else's IP, trigger any possible abuse checks, or drop my dedi offline indefinitely, so I figured I should ask: does this mean I actually still have my /29 and just need to config the server properly, or is this just some display thing with the new dedi basic controls and the single IP is correct? Also, I hate to bug you about it but any chance this means the dedi rDNS button is functional also?

• @risturiz said:
    12 times x 3 VPS? Omg... Definitely you have some "Ryzen button" addiction... I hope you calm down a little bit xD ( remember "Disabled VPS" in the future )

sorry that's not what I meant, but I meant the total number of @VirMach ryzen migrations across countries since ryzen became available. This is done when a problem occurs on the VPS, but sometimes the problem is resolved when migrating, but apparently the problem comes again and again with various obstacles, and I just realized when I saw the billing it turned out to be a total of 12 times, x $3/paid turned out to be quite large, I also spent money, no problem because the money is already theirs, I just let it go. i still have 3vps on virmach. The most problematic and often use migration is the VPS which is still "disabled" until now.
    I hope they can solve this problem quickly

@dedicados said:
    @VirMach any update on my ticket?

View Ticket #232870

If it's urgent make sure it's a priority department ticket. We're almost done catching up and completing all those by today/tomorrow.

• Submitted
    09/01/2022 (10:19)
    Last Updated
    1 week ago
    Status/Priority
    Awaiting Technical Review High

should i open a new one? i dont want it to get merged and lost 1 month more.

• @VirMach said:

@dedicados said:
    @VirMach any update on my ticket?

View Ticket #232870

If it's urgent make sure it's a priority department ticket. We're almost done catching up and completing all those by today/tomorrow.

Ticket Created #890555

• My Disabled is back online. =)
    Thanks @Virmach !

@dedicados said:
    Submitted
    Last Updated
    1 week ago
    Status/Priority

As long as you close the last one it won't get merged.

• @VirMach said:

@dedicados said:
    Submitted
    Last Updated
    1 week ago
    Status/Priority

As long as you close the last one it won't get merged.

thanks got an answer about is fixed but stills not working.

whmcs shows:
    The node is currently locked

solusvm panel:
    Access to this virtual server has been restricted. The node is currently under maintenance. Please try again later

• @VirMach Boss, can you take time to complete this work order(Ticket #718870)? vps has been offline for four months and payment for two months did not complete the migration.Thank you!

• RYZE.LAX-A031.VMS has been a bit (a lot) unstable... or just my vps?

• @imok said:
    RYZE.LAX-A031.VMS has been a bit (a lot) unstable... or just my vps?

Yep. I have at least one node that has had terrible connectivity for weeks, feels kind of like a duplicate address problem, but now it is totally offline. This is just one of the VMs I've given up on and is due to be cancelled at the end of the period. Was a small, cheap BF special so not a huge loss.

• imokimok OG
    edited September 2022

I don't want to do it :'(

@hzz said:

@imok said:
    RYZE.LAX-A031.VMS has been a bit (a lot) unstable... or just my vps?

Buying their VPS depends on luck.

At least I have 2 more working fine.

• @VirMach said:

@vyas said: @virmach Tech support promptly closed the ticket, no explanation offered, some kind soul here on LES tried to suggest I try what I had already tried, and nearly 3 weeks later, no mas.

It's an outage report ticket. All we do for those is read the title and decide if a network status needs to be opened for it or if anything needs to be done and we're already working on it. We didn't add it to outage report because it's not actually offline, it's just a panel issue, and the outages on network status page are already very cluttered so we're reserving it just for actual outages right now.

Also you're not in Amsterdam, it's in Frankfurt, unless I looked at it wrong? Anyway FFME001 has uptime of 49 days and most VMs are running. Yours may potentially be offline and controls are broken though still but I'm just answering on why the report outage ticket was closed.

Indeed, VPS is in Frankfurt, (FFME001 prefix).

it's just a panel issue

I ask out of genuine curiosity and not disdain- can this be fixed at user level (ie from my side)? Or do I have to raise another ticket highlighting this specific issue? Thanks-

Squats are the new Push-ups

This discussion has been closed.