VirMach - Complain - Moan - Praise - Chit Chat

Comments

• FrankZFrankZ Moderator
    edited January 2023

I see sexism...

@Flying_Chinaman said: Yo show me your tits then

Cries of raceism...

@Chisato said: please state whether this GIF w/ JPG constitutes/should be deemed as racial discrimination and/or personal attack against the whole Asian descent whose skin color is yellow.

Considerations of hate speech ....

@bliss said: I consider that a hate speech. You can think whatever you like, but you ought not to speak whatever you want.

Accusations of flaming....

@Chisato said: Regarding the 12yo flame towards me,

Totalitarian oppression...

@Chisato said: Indeed, I am awed by the sheer amount of discretionary power this rule can achieve.

Suppression of free speech...

@Chisato said: Would you say to have such a "catch all" crime name in place is good for people expressing their genuine will and freedom of speech?

Worries about groundless accusations....

@bliss said: And will Chisato be convict of groundless discrimination speech?

Replicas of Athenian Ostracism

@Chisato said: Wow, a replica of Ostracism in the 21st century. I'm impressed.

So are people being over sensitive, or using these comments to limit other's ability to speak their mind, or is it just a lack of self moderation and consideration for others by people in this thread, or whatever.

You have asked me not to over moderate this thread, but I now ask you to moderate yourselves and show consideration for your fellow community members.

I am currently traveling in mostly remote areas until sometime in April 2024. Consequently DM's sent to me will go unanswered during this time.
    For staff assistance or support issues please use the helpdesk ticket system at https://support.lowendspirit.com/index.php?a=add

• cybertechcybertech OGBenchmark King

tag me again when virmach essay reappears.

Thanked by (2)FrankZ ehab

I bench YABS 24/7/365 unless it's a leap year.

• @soulchief said:

@aiexo said:
    A good life starts with staying away from vir... :)

You should thank virmach then for banning you and allowing you to live a "good life"

Thanks for vir that is not possible, vir is the most junk service provider ever used (I used vir since 2017).
    I won‘t buy vir anymore in my life.

• @nutjob said:

@aiexo said:

But hanging around their forums threads is "the good life"?

I think you should know what I'm meaning about…

• @ruikno said:
    Does Web-Horizon have VPS service in Tokyo? Send me a purchase link, thanks.

You can ask on the threads by @Abdullah (here's related to VirMach), but he seems busy these days...

• @Flying_Chinaman please do yourself and me a favor and leave me out of this for good.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

• edited January 2023

@tetech said: this sort of immature behaviour is making LES a worse place than it used to be

@AuroraZero said:
    @Flying_Chinaman please do yourself and me a favor and leave me out of this for good.

Yo I apologize for the obstruction created

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

smartass shitposting satirist

• still offline since the first time it's been activated. :'(

• Thank you @tetech - I've tried to make the same point a number of times. :|

It wisnae me! A big boy done it and ran away.
    NVMe2G for life! until death (the end is nigh)

• is it just me or virmach.com really return ssl error?
    spooked me a bit, good thing the billing subdomain seems normal

Fuck this 24/7 internet spew of trivia and celebrity bullshit.

• edited January 2023

@Chisato said: The P.R.C. have some similar vibe of crime/articles of law in place, such as "crime of picking quarrels and provoking troubles", implemented to be a catch all for negative, or even mild criticism towards the CCP regime, read some tragedy events this crime/articles of law can achieve at https://twitter.com/SpeechFreedomCN (w/ English translation) if you are interested.

Stop saying things like that because this forum is not a suitable place.
    If you are really an 18 year-old Chinese student, don't express things above before you can hide yourself online (at least before finishing your CS diploma).
    I've posted milder comment in this forum about CCP, and that comment just got removed for no reasons. Users "need not to know" the reasons.

Please trust me on this, you need a right place, right audience and right way (anonymously, I suppose?) to express opinions above. LES, of course, is not the right one. I'm not saying what you said is wrong, but for your safety.

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @bliss said: hide yourself online

I think he has done it, at least his nickname is an anime girl, not his real name.

• @taizi said:

@bliss said: hide yourself online

I think he has done it, at least his nickname is an anime girl, not his real name.

That's not my point. You don't have to acquire a PhD to make a nickname.
    I mean at least IP, fingerprint of browser should be protected.

If someone wants to make comments about CCP, virtual machine, encrypted disk, and snapshots should be used, amongst (but not limited to) TOR and free (as in free beer) forwarding proxy. He must separate his online profiles, and even way of speaking, writing, because most things online are unique, which makes privacy or being anonymous almost impossible.

Even the most famous blogger has been incommunicado for about 21 months, ,,,,,,,,

MicroLXC is lovable.

• @Flying_Chinaman said:

@tetech said: this sort of immature behaviour is making LES a worse place than it used to be

@AuroraZero said:
    @Flying_Chinaman please do yourself and me a favor and leave me out of this for good.

Yo I apologize for the obstruction created

Eh it is fine man I just said my peace and stand by it is all. I am not angry just bleh if ya know what I mean.

I would like everyone to know that this is not personal to Virmach.

I will say the same thing to anyone that gives off the vibe to a member here criticize someone all you want but don't make it seem like some kind of vendetta. Makes no difference who it is that shit is not cool.

With that I am going back to my cave and get something done. Hopefully have something running in the next couple days.

URL Shortener | YetiNode | Come join us on the MetalVPS IRC channel!!! | Don't be a jerk, let YetiNode do the work.

1. Akira is the only anime worth salt.
    2. Don't talk smack about VM.
    3. Don't try to be edgy and use Gentoo.
    4. Eat good salami.
  • @aiexo said:

@soulchief said:

@aiexo said:

You should thank virmach then for banning you and allowing you to live a "good life"

Thanks for vir that is not possible, vir is the most junk service provider ever used (I used vir since 2017).
    I won‘t buy vir anymore in my life.

Well you're banned so "not buying anymore" wasn't your decision...

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint Daevien
  • Low moderation, spam is allowed, this thread seems like the new cest pit. It even has more pages and is more popular.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @root said:
    Low moderation, spam is allowed, this thread seems like the new cest pit. It even has more pages and is more popular.

@Frankz is being mean to me over here anways. :bleep_bloop:

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• @root said:
    Low moderation, spam is allowed, this thread seems like the new cest pit. It even has more pages and is more popular.

Less complain and moan. More + praise and, your doing fine at chit chat.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ
  • @AuroraZero said:

@root said:

@Frankz is being mean to me over here anways. :bleep_bloop:

It is his thread and his rules. This thread supersedes all other threads, because it has different rules. This is why it is actually better and more popular than the cest pit.

Thanked by (2)AuroraZero FrankZ

How are you... online?

• @shallow said:

@root said:

Less complain and moan. More + praise and, your doing fine at chit chat.

Long live shallow! Shallow is the best person I ever met online. He is the smartest, and I should not even dare to assume his gender.

How are you... online?

• edited January 2023

We're not going back to that Watson cow again are we?

@root said: Shallow is the best person I ever met online. He is the smartest

You must be real early on day 1 of your 7 day AOL trial if that is the case.

Thanked by (1)ehab
  • @shallow said:

Not if I can fucken help it we aren't.

Thanked by (1)FrankZ

• rootroot OG
    edited January 2023

@shallow said:

@root said: Shallow is the best person I ever met online. He is the smartest

You must be real early on day 1 of your 7 day AOL trial if that is the case.

Yes, I am on trial for having a coffee on this beautiful and marvellous day. I believe I might be banned one day by some emotional moderator who will wonder why I am not spamming like others. Hopefully that day is not today, so today I may enjoy the rest of the day... with you.

How are you... online?

• @tototo said:
    You can ask on the threads by @Abdullah (here's related to VirMach), but he seems busy these days...

Thank you. I read his post and seems he does not provide IPv4.
    Are there other providers you can recommend to me? Such as V.PS or Green Cloud.

• @shallow said:

@root said:

Less complain and moan. More + praise and, your you're doing fine at chit chat.

Thanked by (1)AlwaysSkint
  • @skorous said:

@shallow said:

@root said:

Bawbag.

Thanked by (2)AlwaysSkint skorous
  • @shallow said:

@skorous said:

@shallow said:

@root said:

Bawbag.

Balrog?

• edited January 2023

Hi @FrankZ,

After some introspection, I admit that although everything I said in this discussion was based on facts and somehow reasonable, I did go too far. I shouldn't have embarrassed @Virmach too much in this open community, especially when you banned my account and then unbanned it, as if I was some "winner"(but not).

But he is essentially just a big nice geek boy who loves servers and geek stuffs. He had tried to do his best, even at the cost of staying awake for three consecutive days, to deliver mostly useable services at the lowest price. Though many times he could have sailed his business more smoothly if he had listened to others' opinions, humbly and peacefully accepted his shortcomings, and corrected them.

I'm writing this verbiage again because it's been 12 hours as I wrote since his main website(https://www.virmach.com) had an expired SSL certificate error for hours he hasn't fixed, and he hasn't been online and writing new essays here at LES for some time since last day, and I'm concerned that he might have some mental breakdown at the moment - which makes me feel very guilty and conscience-stricken, although it might not be related.

And the reason for the expired SSL certificate could be after experiencing a DDoS attack (src: t.me/xiaozhu199/23), some sort of automation polled the NS record to a fallback OVH server that is not actively managed, and in fact, the attacker was the same guy who attacked V.PS earlier (the 13yo kiddo, 13yo might be a joke, but it's the guy, his telegram ID: t.me/xun_114514).

Therefore, @Frankz, I kindly request you to ban me permanently and irreparably, so @Virmach might have some sort of mental relief and continue to write essays at LES, and to be the happy big boy he should be.

edit: I'm not here for drama again, the drama already had a epilogue earlier. I mean every word I typed. Hope I'm totally wrong about the situation.
    edit2: The SSL certificate is now fixed.

Thanked by (1)stinger9786
  • edited January 2023

@bliss said:

@Chisato said: The P.R.C. have some similar vibe of crime/articles of law in place, such as "crime of picking quarrels and provoking troubles", implemented to be a catch all for negative, or even mild criticism towards the CCP regime, read some tragedy events this crime/articles of law can achieve at https://twitter.com/SpeechFreedomCN (w/ English translation) if you are interested.

Stop saying things like that because this forum is not a suitable place.
    If you are really an 18 year-old Chinese student, don't express things above before you can hide yourself online (at least before finishing your CS diploma).
    I've posted milder comment in this forum about CCP, and that comment just got removed for no reasons. Users "need not to know" the reasons.

Please trust me on this, you need a right place, right audience and right way (anonymously, I suppose?) to express opinions above. LES, of course, is not the right one. I'm not saying what you said is wrong, but for your safety.

Thanks for your genuine advice, I will not behaving like a political dissident IRL, and on domestic social platforms.
    But LES is, accroding to their own words, a community driven place, doesn't seem like a place where CCP has jurisdiction, your CCP-related comments might be removed by some random discretion of mods here, but mods here are likely not on some payroll of CCP organization (@Frankz no offense was intended).